Make switch to PXG?

00bolt

I made the switch through the Hero program. My bag when this year was:

Epiz SZ 9

Rogue 3w

P790 UDI/Adams Pro Mini 18

4-pw JPX900 F

Pretty solid bag, but the ho in me wanted to try these as I have been eyeing them for years. I did a combo set of 0311 and T's (4-6/7-pw), the 0811x driver and a XF 3iron.

The clubs were an instant hit for me and I started hitting them more consistent than my old bag. So much so that I ordered the 0341 3w and played it yesterday, and its firmly in the bag. The XF took a bit to get used to and a couple different shafts to get the right one. I ended up with the RIP Alpha hybrid 85g shaft in it and love it. Within 5 yards of over all distance of the 790/mini but I can hit from the deck with ease. When I ordered my 3w, I ordered the Mustang putter as I enjoyed the look of it, but jury is still out if that will make s spot in the bag. Wedges, I left my wedges alone as I dont like the big bounce style of the 0311 wedges. On the woods, one of the things that I have enjoyed is the ability to move a small weight around to maximize flight/feel/dispersion. I was able to check distances and tweak settings using my GCQuad.

I am playing the PXG clubs with the same shafts (exactly) as my old my old bag. Now my bag is:

0811x 9 * -1.5 setting HZRDUS HC T1100

0841 3w -.75 setting HZRDUS HC Yellow

0311 XF 3iron RIP Alpha Hybrid

0311 4-6 PX LZ

0311 T 7-PW PX LZ

50/54/58 Ping Stealth 2.0

MannCrafted Wave Putter

I have posted several rounds now over the past 3 weeks owning them and my index is dropping. Finding more fairways and greens with this bag of clubs. Shot making is better than ever. These feel better and have tighter dispersion and not that I needed it, they are a touch longer than my old clubs. Big thing for me is the dispersion is much tighter and drop-offs are less extreme, making the misses much more manageable.

AI Smoke TD xCaliber
AI Smoke 3w Ventus Red
AI Smoke 5w Ventus Red

Stealth 2 (3 & 4)Hybrid Ventus Red TR 

i530 Dynamic Gold Mid

RTX6 54/58 DG Spinner

Odyssey AI-One Jailbird Mini

Callaway Chrome Tour

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^The Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges are hard to beat. I love mine.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Epiz SZ 9

Rogue 3w

4-pw JPX900 F

Pretty solid bag, but the ho in me wanted to try these as I have been eyeing them for years. I did a combo set of 0311 and T's (4-6/7-pw), the 0811x driver and a XF 3iron.

The clubs were an instant hit for me and I started hitting them more consistent than my old bag. So much so that I ordered the 0341 3w and played it yesterday, and its firmly in the bag. The XF took a bit to get used to and a couple different shafts to get the right one. I ended up with the RIP Alpha hybrid 85g shaft in it and love it. Within 5 yards of over all distance of the 790/mini but I can hit from the deck with ease. When I ordered my 3w, I ordered the Mustang putter as I enjoyed the look of it, but jury is still out if that will make s spot in the bag. Wedges, I left my wedges alone as I dont like the big bounce style of the 0311 wedges. On the woods, one of the things that I have enjoyed is the ability to move a small weight around to maximize flight/feel/dispersion. I was able to check distances and tweak settings using my GCQuad.

I am playing the PXG clubs with the same shafts (exactly) as my old my old bag. Now my bag is:

0311 4-6 PX LZ

0311 T 7-PW PX LZ

MannCrafted Wave Putter

I have posted several rounds now over the past 3 weeks owning them and my index is dropping. Finding more fairways and greens with this bag of clubs. Shot making is better than ever. These feel better and have tighter dispersion and not that I needed it, they are a touch longer than my old clubs. Big thing for me is the dispersion is much tighter and drop-offs are less extreme, making the misses much more manageable.

How is the combo set to look at?

I was thinking of going from 5-G in P and a 4i in XF. but I want the T because they look better but that may be the way to go. Maybe an 8-G in T for me.

No gaps to take note of?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Epiz SZ 9

Rogue 3w

4-pw JPX900 F

0311 4-6 PX LZ

0311 T 7-PW PX LZ

MannCrafted Wave Putter

How is the combo set to look at?

I was thinking of going from 5-G in P and a 4i in XF. but I want the T because they look better but that may be the way to go. Maybe an 8-G in T for me.

No gaps to take note of?

I am 1* strong on the T's.

XF is much bigger than the 0311. 0311 4 iron you can see the back of the club at address. XF 3 iron is in a 3 iron slot in my bag doing just fine.

AI Smoke TD xCaliber
AI Smoke 3w Ventus Red
AI Smoke 5w Ventus Red

Stealth 2 (3 & 4)Hybrid Ventus Red TR 

i530 Dynamic Gold Mid

RTX6 54/58 DG Spinner

Odyssey AI-One Jailbird Mini

Callaway Chrome Tour

Add me to the list of recent players taking advantage of the Hero Program. SwooshLT contacted me and informed me about the discount for first responders. I had no idea it even existed.

At first I thought "why spend the money when I'm happy with my iBlades?", but the ho in me just had to try them. I placed an order for the 0311T irons on 8/7. Now its a waiting game.

Youll like them and frankly I dont really see a difference between them and the Gen2

I got fitted in January and loved the PXG, however just couldn't justify the $3K cost so I ordered the 790s from my fitting results. 2 months in to the season in Minnesota and I was not getting the results I wanted from the 790s...along came the Hero's program so I ordered the 0311 with the same specs. All I can say is since switching I have had some of the best ball striking I've ever had with the PXGs....index is down from a 5.8 to a 4.0 over the last month. I just pulled the trigger on a hybrid and Bat Attack H putter as well. The rep told me about 10 days to ship despite online it said up to 4 weeks.

People can bash Parsons and PXG for their pricing and what the real motivation is behind the Hero Program but the bottom line is Parsons is a vet who loves the military...I'm glad I made the change and greatly appreciate the reduced pricing.

I want to update my feelings on my recently purchased PXG iron's through the HERO's program. 5 complete rounds under my belt with the 0311 5-G with 54 and 58 0311 wedges.

All I can say is these clubs are the real deal. It took me a few rounds to groove the C-taper lite with the head(s). I can't speak enough how consistent the irons are through the bag. The flat ball flight I was experiencing is now towering shots with great stopping power.

I absolutely love the irons and I'm considering a hybrid and FW.

These irons are really a game changer for me. I'm so happy I worked out the initial issues, which were all me getting use to the heads.

How'd it work out shipping time wise? Order date and at the door date?

It was just under 2 weeks; very expensive shipping fees as I have previously stated

I placed and paid order 8/2; supposedly haven't even started yet! I was expecting next week sometime but looking more like after the 20th

WELL WELL WELL! Friday 8/17 ....I'll be a PXG TROOPER! Still don't understand why the song and dance....oh well

I want to update my feelings on my recently purchased PXG iron's through the HERO's program. 5 complete rounds under my belt with the 0311 5-G with 54 and 58 0311 wedges.

All I can say is these clubs are the real deal. It took me a few rounds to groove the C-taper lite with the head(s). I can't speak enough how consistent the irons are through the bag. The flat ball flight I was experiencing is now towering shots with great stopping power.

I absolutely love the irons and I'm considering a hybrid and FW.

These irons are really a game changer for me. I'm so happy I worked out the initial issues, which were all me getting use to the heads.

How'd it work out shipping time wise? Order date and at the door date?

It was just under 2 weeks; very expensive shipping fees as I have previously stated

I placed and paid order 8/2; supposedly haven't even started yet! I was expecting next week sometime but looking more like after the 20th

WELL WELL WELL! Friday 8/17 ....I'll be a PXG TROOPER! Still don't understand why the song and dance....oh well

15 days total, including non business days, to your door. Man that must have been rough...

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S
Vokey            SM8 50f, 56s, 60m
Bettinardi       Studio Stock 17

Funny guy you are....the people in CSR for pxg gave me the full run around....had I been informed that my clubs would ship Monday, everything would have been fine....instead I was TOLD clubs weren't even at the assembly process....see the difference....but since it's not your cash, you can be as condescending as you'd like

Ordering Tom after a fitting. Looking forward to the long weight Swoosh! Good for you.

Ordering Tom after a fitting. Looking forward to the long weight Swoosh! Good for you.

Thanks bud ....some to you....maybe we'll start a thread of new PXG troopers!

As always, need pics and thoughts after you’ve hit them

Are the 0311 heads the same size as p790 or smaller? I have P790 and I'm looking for a little bigger head, thinking XF. But haven't hit them

Get the XF if you're looking for bigger then the 790's. The P's are pretty close in size to the 790's. Micheal Newton did a comparison between the two and you can see size difference.

Thanks, if you order the 0311 are the S and L wedge their original wedges or the set wedges like the XF?

The G, S, and L are the set wedges. I did this with my first set I ordered. My recent set I got the 0311 54* and 58* wedges instead, which are more like traditional wedges. If you look at the online fitting process, you have the option to click on the G, S, L and/or 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60 for which ever set up you prefer for your wedges.

It doesn’t give me the option to change from the set S and L wedge to 54, 58 wedge? Is that option only for those who order through the hero program and not the regular order online section?

Are the 0311 heads the same size as p790 or smaller? I have P790 and I'm looking for a little bigger head, thinking XF. But haven't hit them

Get the XF if you're looking for bigger then the 790's. The P's are pretty close in size to the 790's. Micheal Newton did a comparison between the two and you can see size difference.

Thanks, if you order the 0311 are the S and L wedge their original wedges or the set wedges like the XF?

The G, S, and L are the set wedges. I did this with my first set I ordered. My recent set I got the 0311 54* and 58* wedges instead, which are more like traditional wedges. If you look at the online fitting process, you have the option to click on the G, S, L and/or 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60 for which ever set up you prefer for your wedges.

It doesn’t give me the option to change from the set S and L wedge to 54, 58 wedge? Is that option only for those who order through the hero program and not the regular order online section?

I’ve only don’t it through the heroes program which gives you that option. That being said, just call your order in. You can also make changes like swing weight, soft/hard stepping, etc that cannot be done on website.

Bought my brother a set and will be the first to say ... I've never hit a club so pure feeling in my life ... the irony is I can't play them because of it.

They're great clubs no doubt but the lack of feedback unfortunately wouldn't work for me but I think their build quality is second to none.

Titleist TSi3 8.25* UST Lin-Q 7F5

Taylormade Sim Ti 15* UST Lin-Q 8F5

Mizuno Fli-Hi 2 Tensei Orange 100TX

Mizuno 223 Pro 4-GW DG TI X100

Taylormade TW MG3 56/60 BGT ZNE 130
Taylormade Spyder Aluminum Face (Still waiting for it in the Mail)

Bought my brother a set and will be the first to say ... I've never hit a club so pure feeling in my life ... the irony is I can't play them because of it.

They're great clubs no doubt but the lack of feedback unfortunately wouldn't work for me but I think their build quality is second to none.

So you can’t see the result of your shots? Also someone ordered recently in the other PXG thread and loft and lies were all over the map. Think he said the lie was off 6 degrees on one but all were bad.

So you can’t see the result of your shots? Also someone ordered recently in the other PXG thread and loft and lies were all over the map. Think he said the lie was off 6 degrees on one but all were bad.

Little confused what you mean. Basically there is very little response, probably due to the polymer filling, and I like to have more feedback from my clubs.

Also with regards to build quality, I have about a dozen friends who game them and have no complaints so to each their own.

Titleist TSi3 8.25* UST Lin-Q 7F5

Taylormade Sim Ti 15* UST Lin-Q 8F5

Mizuno Fli-Hi 2 Tensei Orange 100TX

Mizuno 223 Pro 4-GW DG TI X100

Taylormade TW MG3 56/60 BGT ZNE 130
Taylormade Spyder Aluminum Face (Still waiting for it in the Mail)

So you cant see the result of your shots? Also someone ordered recently in the other PXG thread and loft and lies were all over the map. Think he said the lie was off 6 degrees on one but all were bad.

Little confused what you mean. Basically there is very little response, probably due to the polymer filling, and I like to have more feedback from my clubs.

Also with regards to build quality, I have about a dozen friends who game them and have no complaints so to each their own.

I have the 790s and a solid shot feels solid to me. I see the polymer as something that’s just a filler that maybe affects feel a little. I can’t tell much. The PXG build quality was in regards to what one person posted with specs all over the map.

I have had my PXGs for approximately 2 weeks now and am thoroughly impressed. I had recently purchased and been playing a set of mizuno mp 18 combo 4-6 sc 7-w mb which I absolutely love however my curiosity of PXG and the deal of the Hero Program got the better of me. I ordered 0311t 4-w and a 19 degree hybrid (went out on a limb based off of tremendous reviews about their hybrids). My initial reaction was a little more offset then I liked and I wasn't a fan of painted bottom groove. The hybrid looked legitimate right away. I shelved my Mizunos to give the PXGs a test run and honestly I haven't thought of looking back. They feel amazing, Much more forgiving...obviously., And I can work them almost as well as my mizunos. Also if you haven't hit the hybrid you should. Ive played 2 and 3 irons most of my life and have dabbled in hybrids from time to time but this thing is real deal and again impressed with how I can play a variety of shots with it.

I personally would never had looked at these at full retail price however after playing them I can understand how and why people do.

And yes you will get looks because you have PXG clubs unless you want to explain the discount...your friends will give you a hard time until they try them....and the haters will continue to hate as you enjoy your best golf with something you spent your had earned money on, however much that may be.

I have had my PXGs for approximately 2 weeks now and am thoroughly impressed. I had recently purchased and been playing a set of mizuno mp 18 combo 4-6 sc 7-w mb which I absolutely love however my curiosity of PXG and the deal of the Hero Program got the better of me. I ordered 0311t 4-w and a 19 degree hybrid (went out on a limb based off of tremendous reviews about their hybrids). My initial reaction was a little more offset then I liked and I wasn't a fan of painted bottom groove. The hybrid looked legitimate right away. I shelved my Mizunos to give the PXGs a test run and honestly I haven't thought of looking back. They feel amazing, Much more forgiving...obviously., And I can work them almost as well as my mizunos. Also if you haven't hit the hybrid you should. Ive played 2 and 3 irons most of my life and have dabbled in hybrids from time to time but this thing is real deal and again impressed with how I can play a variety of shots with it.

I personally would never had looked at these at full retail price however after playing them I can understand how and why people do.

And yes you will get looks because you have PXG clubs unless you want to explain the discount...your friends will give you a hard time until they try them....and the haters will continue to hate as you enjoy your best golf with something you spent your had earned money on, however much that may be.

Amen to that and yeah the hybrid is solid. I have 2 sets now the 0311T and 0311 with Steelfiber which no upcharge for crazy. Think the Gen1

inventory gonna be gone soon

I placed an order yesterday under the Gen 1 Promotion for $175 an iron, I figured why not. I had been fit last year and the 0311T's gave me the best numbers, but I opted to go in a different direction.

I am in the market for new irons and was comparing some options and once upcharges were factored in, the Gen 1 promotional pricing was pretty much the same as the TM, Callaway, and Titleist irons that I was considering. I had to call since I was looking for a combo set of 0311 4 iron then 0311T 5-PW, and I was looking to have the set built at more Titleist standard lengths, lies, and swingweights compared to PXG standard. But it was a pretty good experience. Quoted me 7-10 days for the build plus shipping. I am looking forward to giving them a try! I was hoping they had some stock left and luckily they did. I can't imagine this is going to go much longer.

My 50/50 staff bag showed up today. Might be the best looking bag I’ve ever had. Top notch quality too. So pleased I decided to go PXG, although I’m sure all my friends will laugh, given how much I have slagged them off over the past few years.

What shafts are you guys getting in the hybrid?

KBS Prototype 95. It’s NICE.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”