Sand Valley

Phreddy

A week from today I will be playing at Sand Valley!!! Can't wait!!!

Which courses are you playing?

Hope you have a great time!

Mammoth on Sunday followed by the Sandbox. Sand Valley on Monday. Then off to Kohler to play the River course, Straits, Irish, Erin Hills and The Bull.

Epic trip man! Have fun

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been up there lately? I’m going up early October.

I played last fall; sandbox was partially done, they had us hitting off of mats we carried with. Is that nonsense hopefully done?

Also, a few in our group are thinking of using push carts. After playing SV it seems do-able on that course. Anyone with experience pushing either course?

Thanks!

Anyone been up there lately? I'm going up early October.

I played last fall; sandbox was partially done, they had us hitting off of mats we carried with. Is that nonsense hopefully done?

Also, a few in our group are thinking of using push carts. After playing SV it seems do-able on that course. Anyone with experience pushing either course?

Thanks!

I wouldn't call it nonsense, but yes, it's done.

I used my own ClicGear when playing there this summer. No issues whatsoever. I believe most of the ones they have are just two wheels, so I'd say if you can, bring your own.

Made a quick day trip up to SV and played a round on Mammoth. They received about 3-5 inches of rain the 24-48 hours before I played but the course was in great condition. Sand was a bit heavy due to this but certainly playable, just had to give it little extra.

Mammoth was a lot of fun, not the most challenging and very forgiving on miss hits. Offers a lot of options off the tee with various speed slots to help get more roll. I took a Caddie to hell with the angles but going forward I would probably carry or push myself. The walk wasn’t to challenging and was only about 6-7 Miles.

Caddie did tell me that they are approved for 2 more courses. Next course is being mapped right now and will be situated on the other side of the range. He told me the developer is signed but hasn’t been announced publicly. I’ll just say that he is part of the Bandon courses.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke 70X
Titleist 917F2 15* Diamana D+ 80x
Mizuno MP18 SC 3-PW KBS C Taper S+
Muira Wedge Series 51* 55* 59* KBS C Taper S
Toulon Portland H3
Srixon Z-Star XV / Snell MTB-X

• 3 weeks later...

We ate at the Dirty Oar Supper Club in Nekoosa. Went on a Saturday for the Prime Rib but I recall seeing a Friday night fish special. Great food!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke 70X
Titleist 917F2 15* Diamana D+ 80x
Mizuno MP18 SC 3-PW KBS C Taper S+
Muira Wedge Series 51* 55* 59* KBS C Taper S
Toulon Portland H3
Srixon Z-Star XV / Snell MTB-X

Anyone have recommendations on food away from the course nearby?

I'll be up there in a few weeks for 2 nights & wouldn't mind a meal or two offsite, maybe a Friday fish fry. I know there's a few bar/restaurants in the area but don't know much about them. Thanks much.

We were only there for two nights so stayed on the resort. The off site options didn't look very attractive.

I'll be up there in a few weeks for 2 nights & wouldn't mind a meal or two offsite, maybe a Friday fish fry. I know there's a few bar/restaurants in the area but don't know much about them. Thanks much.

Lake arrowhead nearby has good food options at a cheaper price. The dirty oar is a great choice. The petenwell pub is a solid choice. Misty's Menu has phenomenal breakfast. In wisconsin rapids about 20 minutes north, there is El Mez Cal which has good mexican food, Jennings Bar and Grill for burgers, and also Octane bar and grill is another great choice. If you want fancier than that just eat at sand valley.

Lake arrowhead nearby has good food options at a cheaper price. The dirty oar is a great choice. The petenwell pub is a solid choice. Misty's Menu has phenomenal breakfast. In wisconsin rapids about 20 minutes north, there is El Mez Cal which has good mexican food, Jennings Bar and Grill for burgers, and also Octane bar and grill is another great choice. If you want fancier than that just eat at sand valley.

As someone who has a lakehouse 2 miles away from sand valley, I know the area well. All of these are accurate, Dirty Oar was a Ben Crenshaw favorite when SV was being built, As homeowner on Lake Arrowhead the clubhouse is a consistent not great but not bad. Mistys is great, classic greasy spoon. Stay away from Trails Ends these days, it has plummeted into a dark abyss.

As someone who has a lakehouse 2 miles away from sand valley, I know the area well. All of these are accurate, Dirty Oar was a Ben Crenshaw favorite when SV was being built, As homeowner on Lake Arrowhead the clubhouse is a consistent not great but not bad. Mistys is great, classic greasy spoon. Stay away from Trails Ends these days, it has plummeted into a dark abyss.

With the building and expansion of Sand Valley, how is Lake Arrowhead golf doing? I remember playing 36 there maybe 15 years ago, and thought it was a great complex!

With the building and expansion of Sand Valley, how is Lake Arrowhead golf doing? I remember playing 36 there maybe 15 years ago, and thought it was a great complex!

Great, a few weeks ago when speaking with the LA GM he said the rounds per season have been up both years sand valley has been open. I still think lake arrowhead is completely missing the ball in parlaying off of Sand Valley, I would be willing to bet 75% of sand valley customers do not even know two great, VERY well maintained courses are a mile away from the SV property. I know kieser wants to keep guests on site but you could add the lakes & pines lake arrowhead courses into the mix and it would be a even better golf destination.

Great, a few weeks ago when speaking with the LA GM he said the rounds per season have been up both years sand valley has been open. I still think lake arrowhead is completely missing the ball in parlaying off of Sand Valley, I would be willing to bet 75% of sand valley customers do not even know two great, VERY well maintained courses are a mile away from the SV property. I know kieser wants to keep guests on site but you could add the lakes & pines lake arrowhead courses into the mix and it would be a even better golf destination.

Glad to hear it! I remember the Lake Arrowhead trip as a great day of golf. I see a lot of recommendations for SentryWorld and Lawsonia as an add-on to a Sand Valley trip, but never Lake Arrowhead. And, that's too bad. But, if their rounds are up, maybe they ended up doing the right thing!

• 3 months later...

I have scheduled my trip for September of this year and excited about the prospect. I was wondering if I'm the only one on Earth that can't get google maps to show the property. When I use their address I see icons for Craig's Porch and Sand Valley, but, it appears as undeveloped land. Lake Arrowhead courses show up perfectly.

I have scheduled my trip for September of this year and excited about the prospect. I was wondering if I'm the only one on Earth that can't get google maps to show the property. When I use their address I see icons for Craig's Porch and Sand Valley, but, it appears as undeveloped land. Lake Arrowhead courses show up perfectly.

Satellite imagery hasn't been updated since 2013 in that neck of the woods. I always enjoy mapping out courses on google earth prior to playing, was disappointed I couldn't do that for my trip out there last July. Guess you can't force google to invest god knows how much into updated satellite imagery for one golf course.

Satellite imagery hasn't been updated since 2013 in that neck of the woods. I always enjoy mapping out courses on google earth prior to playing, was disappointed I couldn't do that for my trip out there last July. Guess you can't force google to invest god knows how much into updated satellite imagery for one golf course.

Thanks for that info. I figured it had to be older images, but, surprised none the less.

Would a Sand Valley / Kohler / Erin Hills trip be good for a single? Wife has let me have one last big golf trip before she wants to have a kid so trying to have one last Hooray before that happens! I did Monterey last year with a friend but I know he won't be able to go again this time around.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Would a Sand Valley / Kohler / Erin Hills trip be good for a single? Wife has let me have one last big golf trip before she wants to have a kid so trying to have one last Hooray before that happens! I did Monterey last year with a friend but I know he won't be able to go again this time around.

I've done Kohler and EH on my own and with buddies. If you don't mind pairing up and meeting new people and staying on your own it is completely fine. I love taking trips a single because I do what I want and don't have to worry about anyone else. I had no issues booking times on my own either. I haven't stayed on property at those places, I assume double occupancy rate is cheaper though. That is usually the 1 downfall.

• Like 1

I've done Kohler and EH on my own and with buddies. If you don't mind pairing up and meeting new people and staying on your own it is completely fine. I love taking trips a single because I do what I want and don't have to worry about anyone else. I had no issues booking times on my own either. I haven't stayed on property at those places, I assume double occupancy rate is cheaper though. That is usually the 1 downfall.

I knew if staying on property as a single is more expensive. No issue with pairing up with people. I can only count on one hand the amount of people I have been paired up with that were just miserable. Thanks for the input. Might have to start looking at lodging and flights.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I've done Kohler, Erin Hills, and Sand Valley as a single. Absolutely no issues. I stayed off site for each to save a few bucks. Visiting all three on a single trip would be one heck of a vacation. I'm jealous.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Yes - I've played SV and EH as a single.

• 1 month later...

Just got my call to book my Sand Valley day guest tee times for the weekend of May 11th. Can't wait to experience SV after completing my first Bandon trip in December, which was sublime. We are staying offsite as onsite lodging is booked full. What are peoples thoughts on staying offsite vs onsite? Hopefully doesn't take away from the experience too much but our hotel does have a hot tub and free breakfast which seemed like a good bonus.