2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

No love for the p750?

zschaefer

I recently got fitted (i had been playing off the shelf ap2 710's i bought in college), and ended up with the p750 with x100 dg105 shafts....

i'm new here, but it seems like there's no love for the p750... i hit both the 770 and the 750 and loved the 750 due to better feedback, better turf interaction, and more workability...

oh and if anyone from taylormade sees this... make it easier for a lefty to demo the 750....

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Driver (9 set to 8) - Cobra F9 - Tour Length - Fujikura Atmos TS 7X Black[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]3-4 Wood (15) - F9 Tour - [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Fujikura Atmos TS 7X Blue[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Hybrid (19) - Titleist 818h2 - Fujikura Atmos TS 8X Blue [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Irons (4-5) - Taylormade P790 - X100 DG105[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Irons (6-P) - [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade P750 - X100 DG105[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Wedges - Vokey SM-7 - 52.08 F / 56.10 S / 60.10S - X100 DG105[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Putter - 33" Scotty Cameron Newport 3 - Superstroke Flatso 1.0[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Ball - Titleist Pro V1Xs [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Bag - Titleist Players 14 Stand Bag[/size][/font][/color]

I have the P750 in the 3 & 4 iron and love them. Nice thin top line and fantastic feel.

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

It is a bit surprising that the P750 gets so little attention here. I think the crazy price contributes to that. I had played the P770 all year with Steelfiber shafts to help with some severe elbow issues. The P770 are super soft and offer a lot of what I look for in an iron except that are a bit bigger than I would like. Thanks to a great forum member I was able to pick up a set of P750's last week with KBS tour 130 X shafts. I have an appointment with a fitter to build the 750's with a set of Recoil Proto 110 F4 shafts on the 21st. But things got a little interesting this weekend. I of course had to try the P750's Friday with the KBS and shot 76. Then yesterday I went back to my P770's with 95gm Steelfibers and sprayed the ball all over the course and threw up a smooth 91 :-). Today, back to the P750 with the 130gm X flex shafts and I shot 73. Now, I am sure I love everything about the P750's but don't know what to do about shafts!

As for the heads, they are compact with little offset, they are super solid and soft, and they will let you move the ball up, down, right, and left. I certainly can see nothing I want from an iron that the P750's don't give!!!

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I enjoyed the the 750 as well and agree with the workability and feed back.

Unfortunately they only stock the S300 shaft up here in Canada so it would of been custom order.

Ended up going with the Mizuno MP18 blades based on looks alone.

Aren’t the mp18 mb stocked with s300 as well?

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

I’m mistaken for the 730. Stock set is 4-PW, I prefer a 3-PW set.

Both are custom ordered. TM wanted an extra $25 Canadian per club for the 750 and there was no upcharge by Mizuno.

I enjoyed the the 750 as well and agree with the workability and feed back.

Unfortunately they only stock the S300 shaft up here in Canada so it would of been custom order.

Ended up going with the Mizuno MP18 blades based on looks alone.

Aren’t the mp18 mb stocked with s300 as well?

Looked at the 750s in the store a couple weeks ago, didn't get to hit them but man, they are gorgeous to look down at. Then I looked at the price tag and promptly put it back on the rack and walked away.... Picked up a set of 716 cb for less than $1000 and haven't looked back.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Had a chance to hit a set of p750s today. They were so expensive when TM released them that they kind of got forgotten, but man these are nice irons. So easy to move them in any direction. Love the topline from addresss. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I had a set briefly and wish I had given them more of a chance, just had the wrong shafts so moved them on. I do remember they were super soft feeling, hit a few shots that I seriously hardly felt. The newer MC's do remind me of them after I had a brief hit with a set of demo irons. 

• Like 1

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

I am playing a set. Really like them 

Tri-hot double wide 

Still absolutely love these irons.  They are heading to my parents house for my set I will keep there.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS- GD DI 7TX

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3W- GD DI 8TX

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 2HY- GD DI 105X

TaylorMade P770 3i MMT 125TX

TaylorMade P7MB- 4-PW MMT 125TX

TaylorMade MG4 54/60- MMT 125 TX

L.A.B. Mezz 1

I’m going to hit them once more and then if I want I can give them a try on the course. I feared they would be more challenging to hit vs the OG p770 (not a fan of the new hollow ones), but there was truly no difference. The 750s feel so good and very precise. I can get these for a really nice price because they have KBS Tour regs in them (110g) and just about everyone who plays this kind of iron wants heavier and/or stiffer. (This set has a 3 and 4 iron, both in Tour regs, which is kind of an odd pairing. And I’ll never use those two irons.) 

But the shafts are fine by me. Really worked on smoothing out my tempo and transition and I’m getting excellent height and distance with them. The irons definitely sit well from address and feel quick through the ball, and sole width is nice. 

Playing Maryland National next week. Hmm ...

Edited by dmeeksDC

These irons are amazing. I gamed them for 3 years and then sold them to go back to playing MBs. My MB were awesome but I ended up back with the p750s just because they are consistent, great feel and I know what I’m getting out of them. When they first came out they were expensive and I didn’t like that aspect of them but bought them anyways and don’t regret it. One of the best feeling set of irons I have had. Great turf interaction and has good workability.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gtyler14 said:

These irons are amazing. I gamed them for 3 years and then sold them to go back to playing MBs. My MB were awesome but I ended up back with the p750s just because they are consistent, great feel and I know what I’m getting out of them. When they first came out they were expensive and I didn’t like that aspect of them but bought them anyways and don’t regret it. One of the best feeling set of irons I have had. Great turf interaction and has good workability.

The initial price was high and no doubt drove away some who would have bought. But even that price was roughly the same as what PXG charges with its hero pricing now for Gen 3 irons. 

The 750 can be found used at nice prices these days. I think you’ll see this iron get played for a long time. Very nice design and the performance lives up to the hype. 

On 8/16/2018 at 1:35 PM, Jack Pearsall said:

The p750 is the middle child - they get squat!

There's lots of middle children in the TM's P700-series adventure.

• 2017 gave us the P790, billed as a "players distance club that high handicappers may like..."(all occasions?), P770, P750 Tour Proto, P730 BLADES....
  • 2018 tossed in the P760...
  • 2020 I start seeing reviews comparing the new P7MB and P7MC to other retweaked P-series irons.

IF you're not a diehard TM fan, sorting through seven different "better player" iron models - plus upgrades - looks like a real headache.

I would suggest it's a case of P750 getting lost in the shuffle. Same thing happened to the GI-range SLDR irons back in 2014. (SLDRs are mainstay of my backup bag.)

Edited by ChipNRun
Syntax.

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

IMO if TM would add another P-Series Iron into their current offering a P750/P770 1Gen replacement would be welcomed.

For me the gap between MB/MC and 770/790 is still a little bit to big

TaylorMade SIM 9.0*, Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 X

TaylorMade 300 Mini Driver 11.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Black 75 X

TaylorMade SIM DHY 3, SteelFiber i95 Stiff

TaylorMade P770 4-6, MMT 125 TX

TaylorMade P7MC 7-PW, MMT 125 TX

TaylorMade MG2 50, 56@55, 60, DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 2

I have the 750s as a backup set.  They have a great profile, excellent feel and hit the distances needed.  The main difference from my current gamer set to these is the shaft.  I have the standard PX in the 750, and I just wanted a little more feel from it.  Now I am in the PX LZ and its great.  I have been contemplating getting the 750s reshafted.  Time will tell.

Titleist TSi3 10* (D1 setting) Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x (45") // TaylorMade Tour Issue M6 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BF 60TX

TaylorMade Tour Issue M6 15* Project X EvenFlow Blue 75g 6.5 // TaylorMade M5 15* Mitsubishi Diamana BF 70TX
TaylorMade M3 19* Graphite Design AD DI 7x

Titleist TS2 21* (A1 setting) Graphite Design AD DI 7x // PXG Gen 3 0311P 4 Project X LZ 6.0 (1*weak)

PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-P Project X LZ 6.0 (1*weak)

Titleist SM9 Black 50.08F, 56.10S (Bent to 55.09) & 60.08M TT DG Tour Issue S400 Onyx

Ping PLD Anser 2 34" // TaylorMade Spider X Double Bend 34"

Titleist ProV1 ('21)

1 hour ago, rjdivis said:

I have the 750s as a backup set.  They have a great profile, excellent feel and hit the distances needed.  The main difference from my current gamer set to these is the shaft.  I have the standard PX in the 750, and I just wanted a little more feel from it.  Now I am in the PX LZ and its great.  I have been contemplating getting the 750s reshafted.  Time will tell.

I got to get my back up set of 750s in my standard tour issue x100s and the set I’m playing right now has 120g x100s

Well, I grabbed the 750 Protos I was looking at and took them out to Maryland National today (had never been there, beautiful course, playable and challenging.) Had not been on a golf course in more than a month and shot an 80 on the button. Hit the ball well and put just one drive out of play. The irons were excellent. They were not difficult to play. In fact, easier from the rough than larger clubs. Nice height and spin, feel is top notch, as pure as anything out there. I think I like them even more than the OG p770. 

• 8 months later...

Idk how the p750 doesn’t get more love… I’ve hit almost every iron out and the 750 IMO feels the best. The turf interaction, the feel, the offset, the look. Idk what there is to not like. I’d put the feel up against any iron out. They feel so soft. And I’m coming from Bridgestones and srixons. They will never be sold lol 

They are nice. Played a set for over a year. I liked them for sure 

Tri-hot double wide 

14 hours ago, PEI_Golfer said:

760s are nicer...

This is a joke? Right? Lol 

Tri-hot double wide 

14 hours ago, Stanks said:

Still a set at my local Golfmart. They've been up for sale in the used section for maybe 2 years now and they won't drop them under $1300 for 3-P. 

There was a set at golf town here, brand new in the clearance section (grips dried out needed replaced ) 3-p and they wanted $1600 for them. You could pay $100 more and get the new 7mc… 

makes no sense 

Tri-hot double wide