2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

WWE wrestling thread

MtlJeff

Dolph deserves the title. I really figured he would win tag titles with McIntyre though.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad they turned Rousey into a brawling heel....i hated how it seemed like they were trying to make her into a normal "wrestler". I get it she's a fan, but if i wanted to watch someone do normal wrestling holds i could watch Sasha Banks. This is what Rousey was meant to do

I love Bliss having the title because we're guaranteed to see more Bliss

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Smackdown was awesome last night.

Here comes the bryan Miz feud and its gonna be awesome. Just wish there was a belt to go along with it.

Rusev getting a title shot is head scratching. If he beats AJ whats that do to Nak? And where does Nak go now? Top end talent is loaded on smackdown.

Head scratching indeed. All the rumors suggested an AJ feud with Samoa Joe. Maybe this is a one and done match to separate the feuds.

Side note: I’ve become infatuated with Peyton Royce. But Billie Kay is super annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

Anything really good happened lately? I’ve missed RAW and Smackdown for the last two weeks?

McIntyre and Rollins was a heck of a match last night.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it is just me, but Raw and Smackdown is starting to become a snooze fest. It feels like it is the same thing week after week. The B Team mimicking the Deleter of Worlds was entertaining. Nakamura has become a bore to me. I really liked him when he first came from NXT, but tired of hearing "knee to face". Riot Squad gets lots of air time, but I usually turn the channel. Really only look forward to AJ Styles on Smackdown. On Raw, just tired of Roman every week. Hoping Ambrose returns soon, whether heel or face.

Waiting on the day that Undisputed Era comes to the main roster. Love everything they are doing right now. Loving Roddy Strong since he joined them.

It's been pretty bad lately. A lot of it has to do with me having a baby now so I rarely make it to 11 anymore.

I mostly tune in for Alexa Bliss and then whatever they are doing with Roman

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• 2 weeks later...

Raw and SD are both a bit of a bore fest right now. I only really pay attention when Miz is talking...him and DB could have a great feud. Also still love watching AJ. Raw doesn’t have much going on interesting to me other than hopefully braun cashes in to win the title.

NXT is great to me. Really digging UE especially their theme. Gargano/ciampa is one of the best built feuds and is light years ahead of anything raw/sd has other than miz/DB. They’re building good feuds with dream/ec3/ricochet/cole just wish main roster could do something similar.

Summerslam is coming up...AJ/Joe could be a good match even if the build up has been crap, wondering how the MIZ/DB finish is going to go. That has potential to be a good story so I dont think its going to be a clean finish, I could see Maryse coming in to help and Miz gets a win off distraction. Really thought it would have been a good idea to let Miz win MITB and cash in and get the belt and make that feud for the title. I have read they pushed this feud up since DB hasnt re-signed with WWE and his contract is up here shortly.

Really looking forward to Takeover. Sucks Black got hurt and that match is now just Ciampa and Gargano although Im sure they will put on a show. Im thinking Ciampa holds on somehow, maybe interference from Black even though he cant wrestle the match. I dont think Ciampa loses the belt after holding it for like a month. I could see Ciampa holding it until Takeover before Wrestlemania. Im expecting big things from the UE's two matches and EC3 and Dream.

Im also wondering how the main roster is going to deal with all the call ups coming over the next 8-12 months. Cole, Dream, Ricochet, Black, UE tag team, Ciampa, Gargano, Moustache Mountain, Sullivan, EC3 will all be coming up soon. Thats a lot of talent plus a couple more Im probably forgetting. I have also read Vince may throw a ton of money at Omega and the Young Bucks to come to WWE. I dont know if he will or if they would come but if they did and then had all these call ups, both rosters would be absolutely stacked.

Lastly, can we please get Mauro Ranallo to call all NXT/SD/Raw matches?? Now that JBL is gone. He does a great job and has so much energy when he calls NXT matches, would love to have him back on the Raw/SD tables.

I may be in the minority, but I’m not big on The Young Bucks. I could see Vince paying them big to get them away from other promotions and then burying them like most of the NXT call ups.

Omega on the other hand...

I may be in the minority, but I’m not big on The Young Bucks. I could see Vince paying them big to get them away from other promotions and then burying them like most of the NXT call ups.

Omega on the other hand...

I like the Young Bucks from what ive seen and heard from them. They are so good with merchandising their name/product I dont know if Vince would be willing to cede that much money to them or allow them to keep promoting their t shirts on their site. I think they are a fun tag team and put on better matches than just about any team in WWE tag division. They could probably bring out the best in New Day, Usos, Revival, UE (when they get called up), Moustache Mountain (if they stay a team), and so on.

Omega may be the best on the planet right now. Him and AJ could put on 5 star matches regularly. I would just like to see Vince find a way to get the Bullet Club rights from NJPW. Maybe do a 60/40 split in New Japans favor, but coming to the WWE would jump sales of BC product a ton, its just a bigger fresh audience that doesnt watch New Japan. They already license or allow BC in ROH so that may be a tricky part to get it in WWE.

Thoughts on Takeover last night?

Ciampa has to be the most hated man in all of WWE. Great match with Gargano...again. I thought their first match a few months back was better, but last night was definitely entertaining.

Coles superkick on Ricochet was awesome.

UE vs Mustache Mtn was good too

What an awful SummerSlam. 3 squash matches.... LoL. Rousey's character doesn't make alot of sense...mean mugs half the time and cries the other half about how special everything is.

Reasonably clever way to get Reigns the title and avoid a cash in. I hope he doesn't lose the title tomorrow. Just let him keep it.

Styles vs Joe was amazing. It pretty much saved the event from being all-time bad

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Thought takeover was good, not as great as the others but still solid. Cole/Ricochet was a great match, as was the tag match, and the women's match was done well. I thought Gargano/Ciampa was good but prob the worst of their 3. I just wonder where it goes from here. I dont think they can do a 4th match in a row. I would save their 4th match until the WM takeover and then let Gargano win the belt. I would also like to see that match just be a normal wrestling match. These two have beaten the crap out of each other for their 3 matches.

SS was ok although like Jeff mentioned 3 squash matches was a bit much. I thought KO would have gotten in a bit more as well as Corbin. I pray Balor/Corbin is over and Finn can move on. Rollins/Ziggler was a good match and Joe/AJ was good as well. Thought the Lesnar/Reigns match would have been a bit better or more brutal but am happy the belt will be on Raw every week now. DB/Miz is going in a good direction though I have a feeling Miz will get the Cena treatment and drop the next two matches. I am hoping they will build towards DB/AJ match at WM for the belt. That would be a classic.

Don't watch much of the current WWE product (Love the podcasts talking about the older stuff) however was it me or does Lesnar look alot smaller now?

I have noticed that as well. Probably trying to get in better shape for UFC return. I remember hearing something about him having to cut weight to make the HW division limit (not sure how true that is). He almost looked small standing next to Braun last night.

Yeah I had forgotten about Rollins/Ziggler. Loooong night these PPV's

That was solid aswell. I mean with Ambrose back it was kind of can't miss.

The Bryan/Miz match was 80% YES kicks and had pretty much zero emotions. Joe and AJ really convinced you they hated each other in 3 weeks. Miz and Bryan supposedly have had a rivalry for 10 years and there was no emotion in that match.

Miz/Bryan shouldve been like Gargano/Ciampa levels. But it looked like a normal match

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Don't watch much of the current WWE product (Love the podcasts talking about the older stuff) however was it me or does Lesnar look alot smaller now?

I have noticed that as well. Probably trying to get in better shape for UFC return. I remember hearing something about him having to cut weight to make the HW division limit (not sure how true that is). He almost looked small standing next to Braun last night.

That would explain it.

Yeah I had forgotten about Rollins/Ziggler. Loooong night these PPV's

That was solid aswell. I mean with Ambrose back it was kind of can't miss.

The Bryan/Miz match was 80% YES kicks and had pretty much zero emotions. Joe and AJ really convinced you they hated each other in 3 weeks. Miz and Bryan supposedly have had a rivalry for 10 years and there was no emotion in that match.

Miz/Bryan shouldve been like Gargano/Ciampa levels. But it looked like a normal match

I sort of agree with that. I thought the Miz did a good job of trash talking to DB to kind of sell the story that "he was his trainer and is better than DB". Hopefully this goes a couple more matches. Joe and AJ had 3 weeks to build the feud (it kinda came out of nowhere) while DB and Miz have been at each other for the last year or so. AJ snapping after Joe got on the mic was good, showed another side of him. Hopefully their match will be in a hell in a cell at the HIAC ppv. Im thinking that match and BB/New Day should be in a cell.

• 2 weeks later...

The AJ/Joe feud has surpassed expectation. I thought Joe picking on his family was a cheesy angle, but Joe showed why he's probably the most complete talent in WWE right now. His mic work has been awesome and his in-ring agility for someone his size is impressive.

I'm eager to see what happens with KO next after Monday's turn of events as well.

The AJ/Joe feud has surpassed expectation. I thought Joe picking on his family was a cheesy angle, but Joe showed why he's probably the most complete talent in WWE right now. His mic work has been awesome and his in-ring agility for someone his size is impressive.

I'm eager to see what happens with KO next after Monday's turn of events as well.

AJ/Joe is turning into a great feud mostly because of Joe and his intensity and mic work and then throw in AJs wrestling with Joe being solid there too and this has the potential for a good payoff. I wouldnt be upset with Joe getting the belt for a little run. HIAC should be a good match with these two.

DB and Miz is going in the right direction as well. And did anyone see the Almas/DB match last night? It was a very good match especially for a regular SD episode. Hopefully they keep this in mind and can start a good feud with these two in the future. Maybe after WM when I think the Miz/DB story ends. Maybe for Summerslam next year. I think Almas is starting to get people behind him now after a kind of lackluster start.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone excited for HITC tonight? I’m gonna start it as soon as I get home.

Really want to see Becky vs Charlotte and AJ vs Joe.

Anyone excited for HITC tonight? I’m gonna start it as soon as I get home.

Really want to see Becky vs Charlotte and AJ vs Joe.

I was and watched it all...thought it was ok. Was glad for Becky, WWE finally did something right putting the title on someone who is hot (with the crowd not just appearance). AJ/Joe was ok although that was almost the same finish to the Kairi/Baszler finish from the last Takeover. Just sets them up to keep the feud going. Shield/McinZiggler was a good match and I actually thought the Miz/Bryan match was decent. They kept Brie and Maryse from wrestling too much and kept the focus on the guys and I enjoyed that match. IMO Miz may be the best heel on the roster, love his trash talking and you get that he hates Bryan and loves to trash talk him. I dont know whats up next for everybody, dont see a lot of titles changing hands at Australia so that leaves the guys open til December since most will wrestle for their brands at Survivor Series.

Did anyone here watch the mick foley 20 years in hell special? Hes become one of my favourite guys to come out of the attitude era now that im old enough to really appreciate what I watched as a kid. Hes great to listen to and after watching the special im even more annoyed I couldnt go to his show when he was in a city 2 hours from where I live.

Did anyone here watch the mick foley 20 years in hell special? Hes become one of my favourite guys to come out of the attitude era now that im old enough to really appreciate what I watched as a kid. Hes great to listen to and after watching the special im even more annoyed I couldnt go to his show when he was in a city 2 hours from where I live.

I havent seen it yet but its on my list of stuff to watch.

On a side note, the Ricochet/Dunne match on NXT last night was very good. Maybe the best TV match this year.

• 3 weeks later...