Skycaddie SX500

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like they are ahead of schedule with the ship date. I just got notice that mine will be delivered tomorrow and it shows up on my Skycaddie account. It looks like past mistakes were learned and they did not advertise and promise a ship date until they knew they could meet it. Hopefully the weather will hold out so I can try it out this weekend at my club.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

Ordered!

Got my UPS tracking!!!

Account updated.....SX500 on its way. :)

DRIVERS (TBD):  COBRA DARKSPEED LS Tour 9*, Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 60s //  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

It looks like they are ahead of schedule with the ship date. I just got notice that mine will be delivered tomorrow and it shows up on my Skycaddie account. It looks like past mistakes were learned and they did not advertise and promise a ship date until they knew they could meet it. Hopefully the weather will hold out so I can try it out this weekend at my club.

Sounds like you may be the first of us to get one. Please post your first impressions when you get a chance. I received tracking info this morning but it is still not showing up on the UPS website so I have no ETA just yet.

Mine came in a larger box than I was expecting and was sent next day air. Along with the SX500, it included a hat, towel, cart mount, travel case, and letter thanking me for being one of the first to purchase the SX500. That is very nice of Skygolf to do that. The weather forecast looks good for me getting out and using it. When I powered it on, the screen was bright and easy to read. Plus when I synced it using Wifi, it was fast. The USB cable definitely has a long tip.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Mine came in a larger box than I was expecting and was sent next day air. Along with the SX500, it included a hat, towel, cart mount, travel case, and letter thanking me for being one of the first to purchase the SX500. That is very nice of Skygolf to do that. The weather forecast looks good for me getting out and using it. When I powered it on, the screen was bright and easy to read. Plus when I synced it using Wifi, it was fast. The USB cable definitely has a long tip.

Nice, I also pre-ordered but it was late July so I am prob down the list a bit (actually I ordered the same day I got the upgrade email, so maybe not), no tracking/email yet though, and it's not showing up on my account yet - just checked. Probably see it next week maybe.

I've used SkyCaddie since the early days - always thought it was/is the most accurate. I skipped the SG3, but had every other major release I think lol. Although, I never really cared for the Touch - it just wasn't very responsive, sometimes requiring multiple touches, etc. My favorite was the uPro - I loved the actual images. Too bad they couldn't keep that system going. Since I didn't care for the touch, I've been using a Golf Buddy PT4, which works pretty good. I've also dabbled with watches, but I just don't care to wear a watch when playing golf - never have. Hard to break that 30 year habit :). Anyway looking forward to getting the 500 :). I also sent my touch in for the additional trade in allowance as well.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

My SX500 is on the way also.UPS says it will arrive by end of day 8/15. The question I have is, has anyone seen any cases or screen protectors for it? I usually keep my Skycaddie in my golf bag and would like to have something to protect it between uses. I don't think the oval-shaped case that I currently store my TOUCH in will work with the SX500 because it appears to be much larger.

First round in the books with the SX500. The only issue is that the screen to enter your score did not come up as you went to the next hole. I had it press an icon in the lower right to enter my score. I will be taking a look to see if that is a ID10T user error. I found I was using my laser less for my shots to the green. Overall everything is better with the SX500. It was much easier to read the screen and there was more info. A lot easier to use. The battery life is much better. After 18 holes, the battery remaining barely moved. The sync was really fast.

So far, so good.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Did you guys get an email stating it shipped or checked the sky golf website? I have nothing yet.
Both

DRIVERS (TBD):  COBRA DARKSPEED LS Tour 9*, Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 60s //  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

First round in the books with the SX500. The only issue is that the screen to enter your score did not come up as you went to the next hole. I had it press an icon in the lower right to enter my score. I will be taking a look to see if that is a ID10T user error. I found I was using my laser less for my shots to the green. Overall everything is better with the SX500. It was much easier to read the screen and there was more info. A lot easier to use. The battery life is much better. After 18 holes, the battery remaining barely moved. The sync was really fast.

So far, so good.

What are the options for “Active Views” in the settings.

So far, so good.

What are the options for “Active Views” in the settings.

No change from the Touch.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Did you guys get an email stating it shipped or checked the sky golf website? I have nothing yet.

I also got both along with a notification from UPS since I have a UPS account.

Callaway Chrome Soft

The only issue is that the screen to enter your score did not come up as you went to the next hole. I had it press an icon in the lower right to enter my score. I will be taking a look to see if that is a ID10T user error.

So far, so good.

I'm sure you figured this out already, but just in case:

1) From the Main Screen,

2) Select Play Golf

3) Choose the Course to Play

4) Select Play Now

5) Choose Round Options

6) Select Auto-Hole> Options ON >OFF> Scoring ON.

7) Start Round

The only issue is that the screen to enter your score did not come up as you went to the next hole. I had it press an icon in the lower right to enter my score. I will be taking a look to see if that is a ID10T user error.

So far, so good.

I'm sure you figured this out already, but just in case:

1) From the Main Screen,

2) Select Play Golf

3) Choose the Course to Play

4) Select Play Now

5) Choose Round Options

6) Select Auto-Hole> Options ON >OFF> Scoring ON.

7) Start Round

Yeah. It was a ID10t user error. I looked at the manual and saw that. Next round I am going to take time to go through all of the start round options.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Where did your guys sx500 ship from?

Ridgeland, MS

Callaway Chrome Soft

So how is everyone liking it so far? Software seem stable? Are we expected to be beta testers or is it polished and useable right out of the box? Going to order Friday if everyone agrees this is a better release than the last few

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

So how is everyone liking it so far? Software seem stable? Are we expected to be beta testers or is it polished and useable right out of the box? Going to order Friday if everyone agrees this is a better release than the last few

Out of the box it is light years ahead of the old Touch model. Welcome to 2018 skycaddie!!! Screen is significantly larger, higher resolution, and the touch screen is very responsive. I live on a golf course and the moment I pressed the power button, the unit took approx 2 min to sync with GPS satellites and locate the course/ hole my house is on. Software seems stable but have only had it for a few hours. Can't comment on battery life as again, I've only had it a few hours and the units battery meter hasn't changed. My only negative thus far is it is pretty heavy compared to today's iphone's and samsung phones. Don't lose the charging cable cause it has an extra long mini USB that plugs into the unit (I guess to compensate for the bulky fixed case). I look forward to using this going forward and cant wait to tee it up now. Hope this helps.

I was getting kinda perturbed at no notification, so I went back and checked, I actually ordered on 8/2 :(. Oh well maybe later this week. I swore i ordered it the same day I got the offer email though...

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

I called yesterday asking about lead times from ordering to arrival at my door... They told me yesterday that they should be shipping out Aug 1st and 2nd orders today, and the initial pre-order rush tapered down a couple of days after the email blast. I ordered one because they "think" they might be able to get mine to me by Aug 24th... leaving home for World Am. Not holding my breath, but it would be nice to have for the Myrtle trip.

PING G425 Max       10.5* Tensei  AV Blue 60 gram X flex
PING G425 Max       16.5* TD AD TP 80 gram X flex
PING G425 19*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING G425 22*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING i230                  5-PW     w/ PX LZ 6.0 Black out shafts (+ 1/4”)
Titleist SM 9 raw        50*/54*/58* PX LZ 6.0  Black out shaft (+ 1/4”)

Odyssey                     AI One  Seven CH

BULLPEN

TM Rossi   M-21 Reserve and Odyssey Tri Hot      5k Seven CH