Stitch SL1 stand bag

On the fence between SL1 and SM 2.5+. Does the single front opening where you’d put irons and wedges not create more chatter?

I actually feel like my irons have less chatter from the single front opening. The irons tend to bunch together, restricting the spacing needed to bang against each other for chatter, especially when compared to a 14 way divider. The great thing is that you can still easily separate the irons when needed to pull them out because the opening is large.

On the fence between SL1 and SM 2.5+. Does the single front opening where you’d put irons and wedges not create more chatter?

I actually feel like my irons have less chatter from the single front opening. The irons tend to bunch together, restricting the spacing needed to bang against each other for chatter, especially when compared to a 14 way divider. The great thing is that you can still easily separate the irons when needed to pull them out because the opening is large.

Thanks for the update. They sponsor a friend of mine who plays on Canadian tour and he has the white one and I have seen it and it looks really good, just wanted some more feedback. Considering the navy blue one to match my already owned orange and blue Stitch covers.

Titleist TSi3 10* AD-DI 6s
Ping G430 15* Max AD-DI 7s

Ping G430 19* Hybrid AD-DI85s
Srixon MKii Utility 4 22* AD-DI85s

Srixon ZX5 5-6, ZX7 7-PW Modus 120s

Ping Glide 4.0 50* , PXG SD II 54 and 58 BP Grind DG Tour Issue Spinners

SWAG The Boss 35in 
Vessel Lite Ghosted Camo

If anyone has a white they’d like to sell, send me a PM.. can’t seem to get much response from their customer service or their retailers..!

Looking for a white bag covers etc!

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

The waterproofing is wonderful. Just played a round at Celtic Manor 2010 Ryder Cup course on a rainy, windy day. Could not believe how dry my clubs stayed (and everything in my bag). Playing partners were not so lucky! I had no problem with the rain cover on either, plenty of room to pull clubs and put back, plus the waterproof zippers worked great.

A question to you SL1 owners out there.

I have only seen these at PGA Tour Superstore empty, and the strap feels like a piece of thick rubber. It was very dense and not very cushioned. I have both an Original Jones (very padded and comfy) and a Sun Mountain 3.5 (standard comfort), so this was odd to me. I love the style and minimalism of the Jones, but bending over and over gets old.

What does the strap feel like on the shoulder with a loaded bag? Is this strap have magic properties when distributing the weight that I cannot imagine?

Thanks.

Compared to Jones straps, mine did feel quite dense and rubbery, but also padded. I think it would have broken in well, maybe another Stitch owner can confirm.

I like the option to carry as a single strap or double strap and took my SM 3.5 straps and installed on the Stitch. Gives me flexibility to single or double strap from either side. Particularly like using more left sided, both single and double strapped. All of these double straps are typically made to only pickup from the right side.

The Stitch is an all star in the rain. Zippers waterproofed too and everything stays dry. It also works well in a cart for the days not carrying or have a caddie.

Compared to Jones straps, mine did feel quite dense and rubbery, but also padded. I think it would have broken in well, maybe another Stitch owner can confirm.

I like the option to carry as a single strap or double strap and took my SM 3.5 straps and installed on the Stitch. Gives me flexibility to single or double strap from either side. Particularly like using more left sided, both single and double strapped. All of these double straps are typically made to only pickup from the right side.

The Stitch is an all star in the rain. Zippers waterproofed too and everything stays dry. It also works well in a cart for the days not carrying or have a caddie.

Interesting. I looked at the pics of the SL1 and was wondering how you'd go about Macgyvering double-straps on there, as I when I carry I probably go 50/50 between carrying on one shoulder and using the double straps.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I like it!

heading over to stitch website to order me a bag!

Ha! I just came to post that I finally ordered one :)

Went with the baby blue/navy blue one

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

A question to you SL1 owners out there.

I have only seen these at PGA Tour Superstore empty, and the strap feels like a piece of thick rubber. It was very dense and not very cushioned. I have both an Original Jones (very padded and comfy) and a Sun Mountain 3.5 (standard comfort), so this was odd to me. I love the style and minimalism of the Jones, but bending over and over gets old.

What does the strap feel like on the shoulder with a loaded bag? Is this strap have magic properties when distributing the weight that I cannot imagine?

Thanks.

Not sure that I'm in the best position to weigh-in, as I haven't carried mine for a full 18 and I've only carried it relatively small distances but I wouldn't hesitate to carry it 18. I think it's extremely comfortable to carry and that comfort is driven by two things: 1) being a rather minimalist bag, I found that I really cut down on what I was carrying and the weight was noticeable and 2) it balances well and distributes the weight well.

Personally, I bought mine with travel in mind (particularly planned trips to Bandon and Scotland). I think it will be an easier bag to travel with from a size and weight perspective, will hold up well to some wet conditions, and the caddies will appreciate it.

Oh yeah, and I think they look sweet ;-)

Yeah - it checks a lot of boxes for me, but I am still on the fence.

- Single strap does not bother me, as long as I can alternate right and left.

- A smaller bag does not bother me as long as it can hold rain/cold gear if the weather demands it

- The stand is the thing that bumps me out of full-time Jones or upgrading to a MacKenzie. The stand is a back saver, and it also keeps a bag off the wet and mud.

I have a Jones, so that is my proxy for a lot of these things that the Stitch has, but I use my Sun Mountain only for the stand. It is a legit 3.5 lbs, but it is getting a bit ragged. The easiest thing to do would get another SM 3.5, but the uniqueness of the Stitch is very, very interesting. I would love a little more storage, I think. The dividers and opening size do not bother me at all.

I would love more feedback on the strap too. Thanks for the replies.

Saw Fluff carrying a black one on the range this morning at the Northern Trust. Who's he caddying for this week?

Southern transplant<br /><br />Ping G LS Tec 9.0<br /><br />Aldila Rogue I/O 60 S<br /><br />RBZ stage 2 tour 3 wood stock shaft-S<br /><br />Ping G25 20* hybrid, stock shaft-S<br /><br />Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS tour Stiff<br />Titleist SM7 50 (8), SM7 54 (10) & SM6 58 (8) stock shaft<br /><br />Odyssey #9 white hot pro

CT Pan IIRC?

Stitch mention Pan a fair bit, so it's likely him?

F.T.

I bought a Stitch bag for my trip to Scotland. Did make one modification - took off the strap and replaced it with a Jones padded version.

I got numerous comments from the caddies on the trip. They loved the bag - both carrying it and the old school look. There was plenty of room for my rain gear and a few balls and tees. The fact that it is waterproof was HUGE on a couple of days.

This is exactly the answer I was looking for!

Planning a Scotland trip for May, and wondered if this would have enough room for the essentials (rain gear, balls, tees, etc).

Sounds like it fits the bill!

Thanks!

Titleist TSR3 10.0* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 5S

Ping G425 14.5* Autoflex 505x

Ping G410 17.5* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S

Sub70 949X 22* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Red 

PXG Gen3 0311T N.S. Pro Modus3 120

Vokey SM7 50/8, 56/11

Vokey SM8 M Grind 60/08

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Birdie wrap blue - logo only - jpeg - small-100.jpg

Decided to update my look ahead of a scheduled trip to Bandon. Decided to go the Stitch route and love it!! My biggest concern was the pocket space but I can get what I need in the bag, including a rain jacket and rain pants. Color me a big fan!

Can you provide the depth of the water bottle pocket and / or the water bottle height?

Does the bottle dig into your leg when you are carrying?

Would like to see a picture of how a double strap looks/functions on the Stitch. Double strap would be a nice option to have.

Titleist TSR3 10.0* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 5S

Ping G425 14.5* Autoflex 505x

Ping G410 17.5* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S

Sub70 949X 22* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Red 

PXG Gen3 0311T N.S. Pro Modus3 120

Vokey SM7 50/8, 56/11

Vokey SM8 M Grind 60/08

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Birdie wrap blue - logo only - jpeg - small-100.jpg

Decided to update my look ahead of a scheduled trip to Bandon. Decided to go the Stitch route and love it!! My biggest concern was the pocket space but I can get what I need in the bag, including a rain jacket and rain pants. Color me a big fan!

Can you provide the depth of the water bottle pocket and / or the water bottle height?

The water bottle in the pic is probably about 9" high. I think it's the one pictured here. As far as digging into my leg, I have it adjusted so the bag sits more or less at the small of my back and well above my legs. That said I have felt the bottle in my side at times, but usually you can adjust it so that the bag rests against your back above the water bottle and you don't feel it at all.

The water bottle in the pic is probably about 9" high. I think it's the one pictured here. As far as digging into my leg, I have it adjusted so the bag sits more or less at the small of my back and well above my legs. That said I have felt the bottle in my side at times, but usually you can adjust it so that the bag rests against your back above the water bottle and you don't feel it at all.

Thanks for the info. My bottle is 9.5" high - https://www.camelbak...dium_Chill_21oz - so it should be no big deal if yours is no big deal.

Stitch does not give a ton of detail on the pockets: how big and how they work. For a bag with pretty good design and lightweight, you would think that would be (and probably is) the thing that people question most.

Thanks for the info. My bottle is 7" high - https://www.camelbak...dium_Chill_21oz - so it should be no big deal if yours is no big deal.

Stitch does not give a ton of detail on the pockets: how big and how they work. For a bag with pretty good design and lightweight, you would think that would be (and probably is) the thing that people question most.

That was certainly the single biggest question I had before I bought the bag. Like I said, I bought the bag with trips to Bandon and Scotland in mind - and given that I would be playing walking courses, I couldn't just throw rain gear, etc in the back of a cart. I wasn't sure how the SL1 would accommodate everything.

Now that I have the bag in hand, I have less concerns. Make no mistake, there is nowhere near as much storage space as there is on a bag like a Sun Mountain or Ping Hoofer. In addition, the organization is much simpler - which also provides less options. To make it work you have to toss a bunch of things in a single pocket - forget having a pocket dedicated solely to your golf balls for example (my balls are tossed in with my gloves, a clubhead adjustment tool, scorecard holder, etc. Also, the way the pockets are laid out, if you cram a bunch of stuff (like rain gear for example) into one of the pockets, it will impact how much you can put in the smaller pockets.

All that said, you can definitely make it work. In fact, I think I like the fact that it forced me to simplify how much I carry.

^The 4UP Stadry doesn't have many pockets and didn't have anywhere for a water bottle. I bought a carabiner and problem solved.

Mine arrives today, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

F.T.

Thanks for the info. My bottle is 7" high - https://www.camelbak...dium_Chill_21oz - so it should be no big deal if yours is no big deal.

That was certainly the single biggest question I had before I bought the bag. Like I said, I bought the bag with trips to Bandon and Scotland in mind - and given that I would be playing walking courses, I couldn't just throw rain gear, etc in the back of a cart. I wasn't sure how the SL1 would accommodate everything.

Now that I have the bag in hand, I have less concerns. Make no mistake, there is nowhere near as much storage space as there is on a bag like a Sun Mountain or Ping Hoofer. In addition, the organization is much simpler - which also provides less options. To make it work you have to toss a bunch of things in a single pocket - forget having a pocket dedicated solely to your golf balls for example (my balls are tossed in with my gloves, a clubhead adjustment tool, scorecard holder, etc. Also, the way the pockets are laid out, if you cram a bunch of stuff (like rain gear for example) into one of the pockets, it will impact how much you can put in the smaller pockets.

All that said, you can definitely make it work. In fact, I think I like the fact that it forced me to simplify how much I carry.

Thanks for all the info. I thought the Jones stand bags would be my thing, but at 5+ pounds I reconsidered. My standless Jones is pretty usable and with sneaky large pockets, but the SL1 looks like the perfect combo of the weight of the Jones with a stand (bending sucks).

Since I don't know anyone that has one, I may go to PGA Superstore and put 13 used clubs and see how it hangs as a final test.

Thanks for all the info. I thought the Jones stand bags would be my thing, but at 5+ pounds I reconsidered. My standless Jones is pretty usable and with sneaky large pockets, but the SL1 looks like the perfect combo of the weight of the Jones with a stand (bending sucks).

Since I don't know anyone that has one, I may go to PGA Superstore and put 13 used clubs and see how it hangs as a final test.

That's funny, I did that before buying my Ping Monsoon. I grabbed a 3-PW set from the used rack and went over and put them in the bag, to see if it suffered from the traditional Ping tangle - and it didn't.

One guy was giving me a bit of the sideways look, so I asked - do you buy a car without test driving it? :)

F.T.

That's funny, I did that before buying my Ping Monsoon. I grabbed a 3-PW set from the used rack and went over and put them in the bag, to see if it suffered from the traditional Ping tangle - and it didn't.

One guy was giving me a bit of the sideways look, so I asked - do you buy a car without test driving it? :)

I also took my golf bag out to test the cargo area of the last car I bought, so it goes both ways.

^Ah man, "great" minds think alike, lol. Although I only took my driver, to approximate my entire bag being able to fit in width wise.

F.T.

Duf is currently rocking this bag as well.

Titleist TSi3 10* AD-DI 6s
Ping G430 15* Max AD-DI 7s

Ping G430 19* Hybrid AD-DI85s
Srixon MKii Utility 4 22* AD-DI85s

Srixon ZX5 5-6, ZX7 7-PW Modus 120s

Ping Glide 4.0 50* , PXG SD II 54 and 58 BP Grind DG Tour Issue Spinners

SWAG The Boss 35in 
Vessel Lite Ghosted Camo

Well the bag does look awesome. The clubs sit really nicely in it. It can fit whatever you'd need to bring with you for a round. The solid base and stand seem quality. But...

... it's going back. I don't like the strap (yes I know it can be replaced if I want to look) and more importantly, I don't like the lack of any handle on the top.

Some pics. All that stuff can go with the bag. And for the chap that asked about the water pocket a couple pics, one showing the water bottle (1l) out and one in.

F.T.