Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (JNPG) Simulator: Info and GC2 Trial

drewtaylor21

Good Afternoon. I recently bought a GC2 and was excited to have an option other than FSX to use it on my computer. I downloaded JNPG but there is no option to use GC2, I only see SkyTrack and Trackman as input options. I know the website for Perfect Golf says that it is NOT compatible with GC2, but I had heard that was just there for legal reasons. Is there a set up workaround for this? Thanks in advance!

Did you purchase the sim pass?

I have not purchased the sim pass, only the game. I am trying to make sure my GC2 will connect before I spend 250 on the sim pass. It is only giving me Skytrack and Trackman as input options.

I believe its the Perfect Golf Simulator Pass that you purchase. Do not purchase skytrak or trackman.

The connection is better with the onlinegolftour but it works without it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Afternoon. I recently bought a GC2 and was excited to have an option other than FSX to use it on my computer. I downloaded JNPG but there is no option to use GC2, I only see SkyTrack and Trackman as input options. I know the website for Perfect Golf says that it is NOT compatible with GC2, but I had heard that was just there for legal reasons. Is there a set up workaround for this? Thanks in advance!

Did you purchase the sim pass?

I have not purchased the sim pass, only the game. I am trying to make sure my GC2 will connect before I spend 250 on the sim pass. It is only giving me Skytrack and Trackman as input options.

You need the OGT interface. There should still be a free trial for GC2 users, check the links earlier on in the thread here. Also, don't go on the golfsimforum looking for any help, you'll just get banned for talking about JNPG. If you'd like help, get the Discord app and join the OGT group (again, links earlier in thread). Lots of guys there who are able to help at all hours.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

• 2 weeks later...

Good thread and info here.

I had a couple of questions about integration with a Flightscope X2...

- will JNPG work without Flightscope PC software, i.e., is there a direct integration from the JNPG software to the Flightscope? I do not own their software...only an iPad user for VX and Skills (which are great, but aging...)

- seems like it is Mac OS compatible, correct?

- Can the JNPG run without internet connection...only because I would be using the Mac (or PC) WiFi connection to connect to my Flightscope?

Many thanks for any help with this!

PXG Gen4 0811 X w/Accra Dymatch 2.0
Cleveland  Launcher HB 15*
TaylorMade Stealth Plus hybrid, 23*
Cobra Forged Tec (2022) 5-GW
Edel SMS 54* and 58*
Ben Hogan BHM02 putter

Ping Hoofer

It should work I would think.

- Not sure about Flightscope but I don't know of any sim hardware that works with Macs. You can use Bootcamp to run windows on mac hardware. Sim is pretty hard on graphics cards so you might have to turn down graphics to get decent frame rates.

- You need an internet connection to authenticate LM with Perfect Golf I think (at least that's how it work on GC2's).

- Flightscope I think is still beta access so you will need to request Beta access.

Here is the Link from Perfect Golf about Flightscope. Maybe ask there? EDIT - Looks like you found that thread. Good luck hopefully they will get you going quickly.

http://www.perfectpa...ightscope-beta/

THe other place to check would be the discord welcome channel for Perfect Golf. Maybe a tour admin can help you.

Good luck!

- will JNPG work without Flightscope PC software, i.e., is there a direct integration from the JNPG software to the Flightscope? I do not own their software...only an iPad user for VX and Skills (which are great, but aging...)

- Can the JNPG run without internet connection...only because I would be using the Mac (or PC) WiFi connection to connect to my Flightscope?

It should work I would think.

- Not sure about Flightscope but I don't know of any sim hardware that works with Macs. You can use Bootcamp to run windows on mac hardware. Sim is pretty hard on graphics cards so you might have to turn down graphics to get decent frame rates.

- You need an internet connection to authenticate LM with Perfect Golf I think (at least that's how it work on GC2's).

- Flightscope I think is still beta access so you will need to request Beta access.

Here is the Link from Perfect Golf about Flightscope. Maybe ask there? EDIT - Looks like you found that thread. Good luck hopefully they will get you going quickly.

http://www.perfectpa...ightscope-beta/

THe other place to check would be the discord welcome channel for Perfect Golf. Maybe a tour admin can help you.

Good luck!

Excellent and thank you very much! I wasn't familiar with any Sims that were Mac friendly until I sort of put 2 + 2 together and speculated because Steam offered a Mac download of JNPG, it could be possible. But that could be out the window, if I require the FS Beta download...

You've at least given me a good start! On another note, I'm three years into Flightscope and see them slowly not keeping up...makes me worried about how much they are investing in anything (couple new products aside...).

PXG Gen4 0811 X w/Accra Dymatch 2.0
Cleveland  Launcher HB 15*
TaylorMade Stealth Plus hybrid, 23*
Cobra Forged Tec (2022) 5-GW
Edel SMS 54* and 58*
Ben Hogan BHM02 putter

Ping Hoofer

I just downloanded Steam and JNPG and bought the season pass but cannot get the computer (which has Bluetooth) to find/pair with the GC2. I am going to go buy this: http://www.microcenter.com/product/426849/usb-bt400-usb-20-bluetooth-40-adapter as I think that this will allow it to work. Is that correct?

I bought that GC2/HMT/FSX 2018/Dell Laptop package from a few weeks back (along with some accessories) and picked up six new courses yesterday (all local IL courses that I have played (except for one)). I will be building out one basement section with a simulator enclosure/screen/projector but as my setup sits right now:

I just downloanded Steam and JNPG and bought the season pass but cannot get the computer (which has Bluetooth) to find/pair with the GC2. I am going to go buy this: http://www.microcent...ooth-40-adapter as I think that this will allow it to work. Is that correct?

I bought that GC2/HMT/FSX 2018/Dell Laptop package from a few weeks back (along with some accessories) and picked up six new courses yesterday (all local IL courses that I have played (except for one)). I will be building out one basement section with a simulator enclosure/screen/projector but as my setup sits right now:

It's possible foresight locked the bluetooth. I think I saw someone said something like that after they bought a refurbished one through them. They have the bluetooth locked out on the new quad so noone can use 3rd party software

I

I just downloanded Steam and JNPG and bought the season pass but cannot get the computer (which has Bluetooth) to find/pair with the GC2. I am going to go buy this: http://www.microcent...ooth-40-adapter as I think that this will allow it to work. Is that correct?

It's possible foresight locked the bluetooth. I think I saw someone said something like that after they bought a refurbished one through them. They have the bluetooth locked out on the new quad so noone can use 3rd party software

I was able to discover/connect to my iPhone via Bluetooth (via the FS app).

Got it up and running. Graphics superior to FSX.

Head over to OGT. https://simulation.onlinegolftour.net/index.html

They are wrapping up the summer tour in the next couple weeks. Will give you more than enough time to complete Q-school and be on the winter tour. Great group of people. They use discord and you can usually get your questions answered, especially setup and technical questions very quickly.

They have not locked bluetooth on GC2, including refurb's.

Head over to OGT. https://simulation.onlinegolftour.net/index.html

They are wrapping up the summer tour in the next couple weeks. Will give you more than enough time to complete Q-school and be on the winter tour. Great group of people. They use discord and you can usually get your questions answered, especially setup and technical questions very quickly.

Have registered - thanks.

Head over to OGT. https://simulation.o....net/index.html

Have registered - thanks.

Awesome. Tour is fun, discord is great.

Your space for your sim is awesome. I'm jealous.

This thread makes me sad... but not for the reasons you think.

You see... I am a video game developer. To be more specific, I worked for EA for 17 years. My avatar is actually the image of me as a playable character in Tiger Woods golf 2009 for X360/PS3. I pitched many of the exact concepts (and much more) to EA. I am not going to go into history here. Let's just say I ended up never completing a year on the TW dev team. And there were 2 attempts to do so. One in 2008 where Tiburon first took over development, and another attempt in 2013 when EA switched to the Frostbite Engine. The only thing I will say about that is that what happened both time threw me into a deep depression, which was very hard to recover from. My passion for working on the game cost me my career at EA.

I am happy that someone has now implemented what I had envisioned (for the most part). It is however too expensive, and they will definitely need to adjust their pricing. They would be better off making the base product cheaper, and charging a "per course" fee. They would sell a hell of a lot more, and in the long run make more money. People get bored with courses, so if you charge per course, and have 10 times more people playing, you would make more money in the long run.

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

Care to share the issues in case someone else runs into them? I also bought the GC2/HMT/FSX bundle but would be interested in checking out JNPG.

Other than an issue getting gc2 connected to computer, it should only be a matter of making sure the correct input and output com ports are set. With OGT it's even easier. Great community over there and the winter tour starts in about 7 weeks.

This thread makes me sad... but not for the reasons you think.

You see... I am a video game developer. To be more specific, I worked for EA for 17 years. My avatar is actually the image of me as a playable character in Tiger Woods golf 2009 for X360/PS3. I pitched many of the exact concepts (and much more) to EA. I am not going to go into history here. Let's just say I ended up never completing a year on the TW dev team. And there were 2 attempts to do so. One in 2008 where Tiburon first took over development, and another attempt in 2013 when EA switched to the Frostbite Engine. The only thing I will say about that is that what happened both time threw me into a deep depression, which was very hard to recover from. My passion for working on the game cost me my career at EA.

I am happy that someone has now implemented what I had envisioned (for the most part). It is however too expensive, and they will definitely need to adjust their pricing. They would be better off making the base product cheaper, and charging a "per course" fee. They would sell a hell of a lot more, and in the long run make more money. People get bored with courses, so if you charge per course, and have 10 times more people playing, you would make more money in the long run.

Well I'm certainly no expert but as far as opinions go I have to disagree with you here. From a current market perspective, JNPG is by far the cheapest option out there at $250/year, and I personally like the annual subscription model over a 4x more expensive one-time purchase (TGC). The sim market is very niche as it is, and people are shelling out thousands of dollars to get up and running, so I really don't think $250 is a hurdle that many are balking at. The launch monitor is the primary item that keeps most out of the game, as that's a $2500-$20k+ pricetag. e6 and Foresight both offer hefty per-course fees and the market has shown that consumers don't like that.

I also love the fact that users can create their own courses in JNPG based on LiDAR data - I can re-create my home course if I want, I don't have to depend on the game owners/creators to decide what courses are or aren't worthwhile. They have a pretty solid review process before courses are rolled out too, so quality control is in place and the product continues to improve as a result.

Unfortunate to hear about the depression you've battled though, I hope things are better for you these days!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Not going to speak to the relative value of the different option packages but I for one strongly dislike the subscription model. It allows the software companies to get lazy and complacent by ensuring future revenue w/o having to really earn it. I personally don't want to pay for future releases until I KNOW I'm going to get some appreciable benefit from it. Sometimes the competition alone can ensure such progress and counteract that complacency but it doesn't do as well in a such a small market like golf sims since (relatively speaking) the competition is minimal - especially after you consider how many software packages support your particular sensor (the real high value item).

Not going to speak to the relative value of the different option packages but I for one strongly dislike the subscription model. It allows the software companies to get lazy and complacent by ensuring future revenue w/o having to really earn it. I personally don't want to pay for future releases until I KNOW I'm going to get some appreciable benefit from it. Sometimes the competition alone can ensure such progress and counteract that complacency but it doesn't do as well in a such a small market like golf sims since (relatively speaking) the competition is minimal - especially after you consider how many software packages support your particular sensor (the real high value item).

Completely agree. Subscription is rarely good for the consumer. The only situation where it makes sense is when you only need seldom use of the software (like a design software or a sim software for winter months). In this case they charge you annually. I personally would use sim much more in the winter months and would rather see something as a monthly option.

In the Sim world, most of the normal software strategies don't apply anyway. Look at FSX, TGC, and JNPG. They all use different strategies. Foresight charges a ton for the platform and then you have to buy courses. TGC charges a one time fee and you get a lot of courses. JNPG is a subscription and you get courses free. I'd personally like to rent a course each time I play instead of spending hundreds per course for FSX. I'll wait until sales, but the fact that they charge $500 for the Pebble courses is nuts.

Subscription models also play a big role in industry dependent software where continuous support is a necessity to protect against any negative impact on productivity - but that's not something the average recreational consumer has to worry about.

I can see the appeal for some, but the rental option wouldn't be my preferences - unless there was both an option to buy as well as rent. Rent the course to play it once to check it out and if you like it, you can buy it. Based on past experiences, my winter sim group liked rotating courses but it was more like a rotation through the small subset of courses we liked compared to all the courses that were available. Also the concept of 'buying' implies some potential for equity (resale value) in the purchase even though there might be a lot of depreciation due to future upgrades. which also opens the possibility to save money by buying "used". I saved a significant amount of money buying an e6 license second hand. Although unfortunately even TruGolf seems to be moving to a subscription model for their next release.

Care to share the issues in case someone else runs into them? I also bought the GC2/HMT/FSX bundle but would be interested in checking out JNPG.

Had to uninstall the Intel Bluetooth software that came preinstalled on the Dell G3 laptop (from Foresight) and then the external Bluetooth dongle - post its driver installation - was able to locate and properly pair with the GC2.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...