2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ok talk me off the ledge should i buy I210 they look awesome

bogey777

I've played i200's with Modus 105 in stiff since their release and have really, really liked them.

Great feel, flight and distance.

However, after hitting the i210's with the same shaft I liked them enough more to place the order on Monday although I ultimately decided to switch to Recoil ES Smacwraps in stiff in an effort to relieve some hand and wrist pain brought about at least in part from being 65 years old.

Seven iron carry is still around 165 - 170 so I wasn't really interested in the extra distance "allegedly" associated with the 500 and 700 and I just really like the looks and feel of the i210.

Was told ten days build time so the anxiety is obviously building.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

Ok boys the deed is done just ordered the I500 6.0 LZ now the waiting starts thanks for all your help guys ....BTW the pro almost had me talked into a set of PXG'S i had to get out of their fast....however he was talking about the new titleist driver coming out the pro's love it ...here we friggen go dam him

Anyone try these with dg 105 s300 vs awt 2.0 stiff yet? I’m torn on which shaft to get.....it seems they would play similar... my shop doesn’t have all the demo shafts yet

Callaway epic 9.0
Cobra bio cell 3/4
Ping G 19 degree hybrid
Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35

like jm said. had ie1s. loved them. got i200s 2 months ago. loved them. have i500s on the way. im sure ill love them. for a month. get i210 - question is why not?

My question - did you get refitted, or swap shafts? Or go stock/standard offerings. I have the iE1's and looking.....

Tour AD XC 6S Callaway Smoke 3D 9deg
Kali' White 70x shaft Ping 430LST 3W

Accra TZ6 M4 Hybrid Shaft Ping 430 3H
C-Taper L:ite S T150 4-Gap
SteelFiber PR Wedge Ping Glide 4.0 46, 50, 54 and 58 degree
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Slant Neck

I've played i200's with Modus 105 in stiff since their release and have really, really liked them.

However, after hitting the i210's with the same shaft I liked them enough more to place the order on Monday although I ultimately decided to switch to Recoil ES Smacwraps in stiff in an effort to relieve some hand and wrist pain brought about at least in part from being 65 years old.

Seven iron carry is still around 165 - 170 so I wasn't really interested in the extra distance "allegedly" associated with the 500 and 700 and I just really like the looks and feel of the i210.

Where did you order from for 10 days build time? Thanks in advance

Where did you order from for 10 days build time? Thanks in advance

Ft. Carson, Colorado. However, you must have current or prior military affiliation to purchase clubs from them.

Nonetheless, I order Ping products from them often and have never noticed any indication of priority service regarding build times or shipment so I would expect that ten days is common thru most locations.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

I don't see the similarity of Mp 25 and I210 when viewing them in person. Maybe in pictures the cavities look similar but the proportions of the two are different. The side (cross section) view of the i210 is what shocked me the most. The weight is pushed lower and farther back than I had expected. Feel is soft for a ping.

Based on the list of what you currently have, the I210 should beat out all of those. Just jump. But make sure you have a parachute. Sell your current clubs you might even end up with cash in pocket. Maybe post an add on BST for a trade of AP3 for i210. Win Win.

Ok, so I got my i210s in yesterday and naturally had to go out and hit them. Initial thoughts were not good. I thought the feel was off and on course testing showed that the 8,9,W were about half a club short. When I did hit the green, they stopped on a dime so I concluded that they must produce more spin. The long irons were fantastic. Launched a bit higher than the i200 and were very easy to hit.

Went out early this morning to hit them again. Feel was back. I guess yesterday was a bad swing day or something. Took them back on the course and tested the short irons. Again, they were a little short of my normal distances but the feel and dispersion were excellent. Drove to Edwin Watts where I bought the clubs and had them look at the loft and lie. Turns out that the lofts were 1* weak. Adjusted them back to where they should be and hopefully that will get my distance gapping back in line.

I will post my findings after this weekend.

Pros so far:

Dispersion is really good. Really good

The finish looks better and is holding up better than the i200

Consistency

Long irons are easy to hit

• Taylormade Qi10 LS at 10.5° - Ventus TR Blue
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (3) 15° - Project X Denali Blue 70
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (7) 20° -  Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
  • Ping G Crossover 4 - Mitsubishi MMT
  • Srixon ZX5 MKII Black Chrome 5-W, A
  • Titleist SM10 55°F , 60°M
  • Taylormade Spider Tour Z

I think duffnerswaggle has a set of these for sale ? So the answer is yes ! Yes you should !

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Ok, so I got my i210s in yesterday and naturally had to go out and hit them. Initial thoughts were not good. I thought the feel was off and on course testing showed that the 8,9,W were about half a club short. When I did hit the green, they stopped on a dime so I concluded that they must produce more spin. The long irons were fantastic. Launched a bit higher than the i200 and were very easy to hit.

Went out early this morning to hit them again. Feel was back. I guess yesterday was a bad swing day or something. Took them back on the course and tested the short irons. Again, they were a little short of my normal distances but the feel and dispersion were excellent. Drove to Edwin Watts where I bought the clubs and had them look at the loft and lie. Turns out that the lofts were 1* weak. Adjusted them back to where they should be and hopefully that will get my distance gapping back in line.

Pros so far:

Consistency

After adjusting the lofts back to standard spec, the short irons did fall back in line with my normal distances. Feel has been excellent and I can't overstate how good the dispersion has been. I dropped 5 balls at a time in the fairway at varying distances using my 8,9,W. I would say that 85% of my shots were within 15ft of the pin, with many being inside 8ft and even a few kick-ins. Of course there were a few outliers, but I contribute those to bad swings and I still hit the green or was just off with an easy chip.

The long irons are so easy to hit. Shot shapes are consistent across the board and mishits are not badly punished. Comparing these to my previous i200s, I would give a slight edge to the 210s in forgiveness. Feel in the 210s is better, although I didn't think the i200s felt bad in any way. The real improvement IMO has been dispersion and "ease of use/launch"

• Taylormade Qi10 LS at 10.5° - Ventus TR Blue
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (3) 15° - Project X Denali Blue 70
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (7) 20° -  Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
  • Ping G Crossover 4 - Mitsubishi MMT
  • Srixon ZX5 MKII Black Chrome 5-W, A
  • Titleist SM10 55°F , 60°M
  • Taylormade Spider Tour Z

Pros so far:

Consistency

After adjusting the lofts back to standard spec, the short irons did fall back in line with my normal distances. Feel has been excellent and I can't overstate how good the dispersion has been. I dropped 5 balls at a time in the fairway at varying distances using my 8,9,W. I would say that 85% of my shots were within 15ft of the pin, with many being inside 8ft and even a few kick-ins. Of course there were a few outliers, but I contribute those to bad swings and I still hit the green or was just off with an easy chip.

The long irons are so easy to hit. Shot shapes are consistent across the board and mishits are not badly punished. Comparing these to my previous i200s, I would give a slight edge to the 210s in forgiveness. Feel in the 210s is better, although I didn't think the i200s felt bad in any way. The real improvement IMO has been dispersion and "ease of use/launch"

I've only used a 7i on the course and just amazing performance.....ease of use/launch is what I crave.....these fill the bill

I liked the looks of them a lot online and they seem like the type of club I normally like.. It rained the other day so I went to my local golf galaxy to hit them... but in person they looked sloppily put together... There was glue visible around the insert in the cavity, some looked like they used too much glue and it was leaking out. Anyone else seen this?

I was going to start a thread about i210's asking who ordered and what are you getting. I've hit them several times over the past two weeks. Indoors on the montior (using a Snell MTB) and also outdoors (albeit with crappy range balls) I was really struggling to decide which shaft to go with. Hit just about everything. Ping static fitting off the website puts me in PX LZ and so does true temper's site although Ping says 6.0 and true temper's site 6.5 Hitting outdoors with the 6.0 I was carrying the demo 7 iron between 185 and up to around 192-193 when going after it. I did hit the DG 120 and really liked it as well, but they only had it in stiff flex so it felt a little light and apeared to Apex a little differently. It just appeared as if it wouldn't hold up as well into the wind for me. The surprise shaft was the AWT 2.0 in X flex. I've hit the AWT 2.0 in stiff before and I defintely feel ike the X flex version is just a different animal. Very stable with a piercing trajectory. In the end, I felt like the PX LZ 6.0 was my best fit so that's what I ordered.

Ordered 4-GW, black dot, Standard length and lofts. (Static fitting puts me in Blue dot. I prefer a little flatter lie angle) Doesn't seem like much, but I defnitiey over cook the ball more with blue dot.

Aso ordered some new Glide 2.0 ( satin) wedges. 54SS and 60SS with PX LZ 6.0's

Ordered mine with the PX LZ 6.5. I went green dot because that's what I've always fit into and what was recommended to me by at least three different people. We'll see. I may end up sending them back to get bent to blue.

I went PX LZ 6.0 and love the feel black dot

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Love the i210's. I was playing 718 AP2's and the i210's actually felt softer. Played the i200 and loved them but there was just something missing from them. i210's check every box on my list.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 60TX
Ping G425 Max 16.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX 
Srixon ZX UT 2/3/4 - KBS C Taper Lite X
Srixon ZX7 5-P - KBS C Taper Lite X
Titleist SM8 Raw 50/54/58 - TI DG S400
Scotty Cameron 2020 Newport 2 

Im the OP i went to my local TPC course to look at both an actually went with the i500 i do like the i210 an still my buy them also but the i500 just looked so clean that i could not pass them up my first round will be Sunday so im pumped to hit them i picked them up yesterday i have just been swinging them in my apt lol ... IF I PLAY HALF AS GOOD AS THEY LOOK I WILL BE HAPPY

Got mine on Friday. Hit them on the range today and it was not good. Not the club head itself. It just seems like I made a huge mistake going with the PX LZ shafts. For some reason and I just don't now why, but me and PX shafts don;t get along. I have to decide whether or not I'm going to try to stick it out and hope for the best or just cut my losses and move on.

Mine arrived late Thursday afternoon. Installed grips that evening (I prefer Iomic Sticky midsize so I ordered with Ping grips loose in the box) and got them out yesterday for the first time. I opted for the Recoil Smacwrap shafts to replace the Nippon 105's in an effort to ease some hand and joint discomfort brought about by being 65 years old.

I hit range balls for about 30 minutes prior to playing and at first was a little concerned as the feel at impact wasn't what I remembered when demoing them and the flight seemed much lower than the Nippons. Turns out, this was just some sort of aberration as after 5 or 6 balls the feel returned as did the flight and trajectory and I started hitting them really well. Probably wasn't really making a full swing at first and maybe babying them a little.

On the course, I found them to feel and perform almost identical to my i200's and I'm very happy with that as I really liked the 200's with the 105's - I just wanted to see if graphite would help the hands and wrists a little and if they do that I'll be quite pleased.

Distance seemed to be the same as the i200's with the 105's:

PW - 130 - 135

9 - 140 - 145

8 - 150 - 155

7 - 160 -165

6 - 170 - 175

5 iron is still to be determined as I haven't hit it yet on the range or on the course. No particular reason, I just haven't but I will today for sure.

During the round I noticed no significant difference from the 200's and ended up hitting 14 greens. I was able to flight the ball down whenever I wanted which was also a bit of a concern in making the switch to graphite. Knockdowns were no different than they were with the Nippon's and that's a good thing.

Although I wasn't too sure how close Ping could get with the Recoils, I requested D1 - D2 swingweight and these came in at D-1 which is also what my i200's were so the overall feel/heft of the club is virtually unchanged - at least in my hands.

Playing again this afternoon so I'm looking forward to another opportunity to get these things out there but so far I'm a happy guy.