PXG OPERATOR

2»

Comments

  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    Hubijerk wrote:


    If anyone has access to an operator H can you post a pic of the toe hang? If possible side by side with the Spider slant neck. They should be the same, or close. All I have access to is the double bend at the moment.




    +1



    Hate to bump an old topic, but can't find this info anywhere.

  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    My Lawsuit H is due to arrive late next week - will post pics when it lands.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

    KaBoom Baby!
  • goosekee2goosekee2 Clarion, IowaMembers Posts: 197 ✭✭
    I have putted with a Spider for a year now and have wanted to try the Operator to compare. I like the comparisons so far and the look at address seems almost identical. Does the putter feel heavier compared to a Spider? It looks like it would be a very heavy putter
    TaylorMade M3 9.5
    Cobra F7 3 Wood
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron
    Nike Vapor Speed 4-GW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54*
    Titleit Vokey SM7 60*
    Scotty Cameron Golo 5
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    goosekee2 wrote:


    I have putted with a Spider for a year now and have wanted to try the Operator to compare. I like the comparisons so far and the look at address seems almost identical. Does the putter feel heavier compared to a Spider? It looks like it would be a very heavy putter




    It all depends on what weight you opt for. I believe it's available in 350, 375 and 400. I also have a Spider Tour (red) and found it way too light initially. I ended up going on to ebay and buying 2x 16g weights for it. I have no idea what it increased the overall head weight to, but it transformed the putter.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

    KaBoom Baby!
  • HubijerkHubijerk Members Posts: 812 ✭✭
    I have one and have been swapping between it and a Byron longneck DH89... The toe hang for both is the same about 32 degrees... Right now I can't miss with the Byron so that's in the bag. The Operator is a better Spider imho, mine came in at 365g and I have a weight kit coming, but the weight is good. And as my 2 puttters hang the some, and the Byron weighs in at about 362, the putter are pretty much interchangeable. It's a solid putter, I love it, if you liked the Spider you'll love the Operator. The PXG customer service on the other hand... Jury is still out.



    -J
    You can't sneak the cheese by a rat
  • DLBTide7DLBTide7 Birmingham, ALMembers Posts: 119 ✭✭
    My instructor is a former PGA Tour winner and was perennially ranked in the top 20 in putting. During a recent lesson, he grabbed my Operator and putted for a few minutes. His two comments were, “This is one of the best feeling putters I have ever seen”; and “If I was going back out on Tour tomorrow, I would use this putter”.
    PXG Gen2 XF Driver
    PXG Gen2 X 3 metal
    PXG Gen2 17 degree hybrid
    PXG Gen2 XF Irons, 4-Gap
    PXG milled wedges, 56 and 60
    PXG Mustang putter
  • M.P.W.27M.P.W.27 Members Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Is it possible to order a PXG putter? Or do you have to go get fit?
  • DLBTide7DLBTide7 Birmingham, ALMembers Posts: 119 ✭✭
    M.P.W.27 wrote:


    Is it possible to order a PXG putter? Or do you have to go get fit?
    PXG Gen2 XF Driver
    PXG Gen2 X 3 metal
    PXG Gen2 17 degree hybrid
    PXG Gen2 XF Irons, 4-Gap
    PXG milled wedges, 56 and 60
    PXG Mustang putter
  • DLBTide7DLBTide7 Birmingham, ALMembers Posts: 119 ✭✭
    You would need to order from an authorized PXG fitter.
    PXG Gen2 XF Driver
    PXG Gen2 X 3 metal
    PXG Gen2 17 degree hybrid
    PXG Gen2 XF Irons, 4-Gap
    PXG milled wedges, 56 and 60
    PXG Mustang putter
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    M.P.W.27 wrote:


    Is it possible to order a PXG putter? Or do you have to go get fit?




    If you find an authorised dealer you can give them the specs you want, and they’ll order it. I bought my Operator H through Scottsdalegolf.co.uk. I believe they ship worldwide, but probably much cheaper if you find somewhere similar in the US.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

    KaBoom Baby!
  • HubijerkHubijerk Members Posts: 812 ✭✭
    DLBTide7 wrote:


    My instructor is a former PGA Tour winner and was perennially ranked in the top 20 in putting. During a recent lesson, he grabbed my Operator and putted for a few minutes. His two comments were, "This is one of the best feeling putters I have ever seen"; and "If I was going back out on Tour tomorrow, I would use this putter".




    I had a few issues with my Operator H but eventually PXG worked it all out and I'm happy. I have said it before and I'l say it again, it's a better Spider. The PXG putters are exceptional and I am surprised I havn't seen more of them in play. In fact I have never ran into another player who is gaming one.



    The steel face feels much more solid than the insert in the spiders and the balance is very good.



    While I was never a PXG hater, I definitely didn't see myself having any PXG clubs in my bag, but I now have 2, the putter and a driving iron, and personally I think they are worth every penny.
    You can't sneak the cheese by a rat
  • HubijerkHubijerk Members Posts: 812 ✭✭

    Hubijerk wrote:

    DLBTide7 wrote:


    My instructor is a former PGA Tour winner and was perennially ranked in the top 20 in putting. During a recent lesson, he grabbed my Operator and putted for a few minutes. His two comments were, "This is one of the best feeling putters I have ever seen"; and "If I was going back out on Tour tomorrow, I would use this putter".




    I had a few issues with my Operator H but eventually PXG worked it all out and I'm happy. I have said it before and I'l say it again, it's a better Spider. The PXG putters are exceptional and I am surprised I havn't seen more of them in play. In fact I have never ran into another player who is gaming one.



    The steel face feels much more solid than the insert in the spiders and the balance is very good.



    While I was never a PXG hater, I definitely didn't see myself having any PXG clubs in my bag, but I now have 2, the putter and a driving iron, and personally I think they are worth every penny.




    Do you mind sharing the discrepancy with the putter? I'm thinking about getting one.




    The putter came with a small ding/paint chip on the crown. I was reluctant to send it back because I was making everything with it and Ioved the set up. I tried touching it up with matte black auto paint and it was close, but still kind of distracting, especially in sunlight. They offered to replace it but there was some confusion on their end as the order was placed for me by a friend through his country club. The PXG rep only visits the private country clubs and they don't let people like me into places like that. In fact to test the putter and the DI the rep left me the clubs to try for a week.



    So when I gave PXG the order # it wasn't in my name. I ended up getting the reps # (who I hadn't met yet) and he took care of everything and even came to my house to pick up the putter. A few weeks later I got a new replacement in the exact specs I ordered.
    You can't sneak the cheese by a rat
  • kylesilkkylesilk PXG & Yeti Members Posts: 649 ✭✭

    M.P.W.27 wrote:


    Is it possible to order a PXG putter? Or do you have to go get fit?




    If you find an authorised dealer you can give them the specs you want, and they’ll order it. I bought my Operator H through Scottsdalegolf.co.uk. I believe they ship worldwide, but probably much cheaper if you find somewhere similar in the US.




    I reached out to them on Twitter and they called me and said I could order over the phone. I'm setting this up as my Christmas gift. I told them exactly what I wanted and the person said she would save the order, all that was needed was for someone to call and pay for it.
    915 D3 Diamana D+ 70S
    913f , 913h
    712u 4 iron Pro Modus 120 S
    714 CB 5,6,7...714 MB 8-P ProModus 120S
    Vokey TVD 52,60 M..TVD 56K
    Studio Select Newport 1.5
  • SkeeterSkeeter Members Posts: 896 ✭✭
    Any idea what a new operator costs through pxg? Thinking of making it my Christmas present to myself.
  • Hacker541Hacker541 Members Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited Nov 8, 2018 #46
    Skeeter wrote:


    Any idea what a new operator costs through pxg? Thinking of making it my Christmas present to myself.




    I want to say I paid $450 for mine but I could be off. Look up MyClubMaker in Shelby NC. Bryant is a PXG dealer and a great guy to deal with. He's been fair with me on several clubs and has good reviews here on the deal or no deal boards.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • larryd3larryd3 Members Posts: 594 ✭✭
    My wife gave me a putter fitting at Club Champion for Christmas. I went up there a week ago for my fitting. I've been using face balanced mallet style putters for years but after being on the SAM lab, I need a strong toe hang mallet putter. I tried out several including Bettinardi, TM, a couple of Scottys, Odyssey and the PXG operator H. I don't remember all of the other models for the different brands but the Operator just felt the best and performed great. Comparisons honestly weren't even close. So I went ahead and ordered one. If you haven't done a SAM lab putter fitting, I'd highly recommend it, I learned a ton about my putting stroke that I wouldn't have ever known. The putter fitting is usually $100 but Club Champion is offering 33% off till 1/31 so that discount covered the cost of the upcharged grip. Otherwise putter was the $450 mentioned above. In a week or so when the putter comes in, I'll post some pics of it. I hope all of this transfers well to the course.
    TM M4
    Epic 15*
    816 H1 19*
    816 H1 24*
    PXG 0311 5-gw
    54* SM6 M
    58* SM7 S
    PXG Operator H
Sign In or Register to comment.