US Kids TS3 irons

Okay I know some of y'all are aware that we did demo some of these a few weeks back at worlds but only very briefly. After worlds I did order an 8 iron as a demo since I couldn't find anything location or any shops that had any. First few days we had it was range and our home practice setup only. For Reference she is 8 (earlier this month) driver swing speed around 65.

I could tell the contact was a lot better vs her Flynn, on the range I could see a much better ball flight and it seemed to go further. Not always the easiest to tell on the range. Recently we went and played 9 holes on our home course and I forced 8 iron in spots where it wasn't right just to see the results of how it would preform. I could tell it was spinning more and landing softer than her flynn 2B she has. One situation flag was front hit the Flynn just short and it released to the back. (Texas hot n firm right now) Hit the 8 iron and it stopped. Maybe 15 feet from the hole. I was a bit shocked to see those. Turf interaction was better. One hole I just had her tee it up from the fairway hit about 2-3 with each club to see distance. The TS3 went further some cases 5 yards some more.

Today she had a lesson and got to hit them on a trackman. This confirms what I was seeing. The TS3 was going up to 10 yards further, 5 on average spinning more and launching higher. US Kids tour series TS3 really got it right with these irons.

My plan was to buy the entire set of TS3 driver and all but I decided against that due to honestly how much I have in OEM woods in her bag. Currently have OEM for two fairways and a hybrid and of course the driver. Plus as all of you know with grow it a lot easier to change shafts for that reason alone and growth. I do feel that TS3 vs OEM in drivers wouldn't have a huge impact either way. Wish US kids would get into adjustable drivers. If you have a junior OEM vs TS3 I doubt you see a distance issue as their was in the past unless they are 10+. We did hit the driver at Worlds as well and I don't think there was much of a difference either way. If I were looking for an entire set TS3 where I would be looking.

Perhaps I wrong here but here is my feedback for what its worth. In our case we don't need new irons but the sucker I am a did order a set for her. Be interesting to see what Flynn will do, but also confirms what I've always thought. Flynn clubs from the irons to the wedges do not produced enough spin.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had the exact same experience. I recently put my daughter in the TS3 (was using Flynn) and their was a huge difference in distance and trajectory. She said the TS3’s were much easier to hit and i can see it in her ball striking. I also got the driver and it was carrying longer than her OEM. Again, I think its because of how light the clubs felt, thus, generating more clubhead speed. She can’t hit the 3 hybrid very well though probably bc of the lack of loft and her lack of clubhead speed.

I’m a fan of the TS3s.

Does anyone have the technical specs for the new series? All I have found is from 2014.

http://www.uskidsgol...hnicalSpecs.pdf

what specs are you looking for, I did get head weights from US Kids but only on the 54" set.

1 Driver 190.00

3 Wood 200.00

3 Hybrid 210.00

4 Hybrid 216.00

4 iron NA

5 iron 228.00

6 iron 234.00

7 iron 240.00

8 iron 246.00

9 iron 252.00

Pitching Wedge 258.00

Gap Wedge 262.00

Sand Wedge 268.00

Lob Wedge 268.00

Putter 350.00

Does anyone have the technical specs for the new series? All I have found is from 2014.

what specs are you looking for, I did get head weights from US Kids but only on the 54" set.

1 Driver 190.00

3 Wood 200.00

3 Hybrid 210.00

4 Hybrid 216.00

4 iron NA

5 iron 228.00

6 iron 234.00

7 iron 240.00

8 iron 246.00

9 iron 252.00

Pitching Wedge 258.00

Gap Wedge 262.00

Sand Wedge 268.00

Lob Wedge 268.00

Putter 350.00

Thanks. Doesn’t look like they have changed. I bought a ladies JPX900 driver on clearance and was just wanting to make sure specs were in same ballpark as USKids before giving it to my daughter to try out.

1 Driver190.00

3 Wood200.00

3 Hybrid210.00

4 Hybrid216.00

4 ironNA

5 iron228.00

6 iron234.00

7 iron240.00

8 iron246.00

9 iron252.00

Pitching Wedge258.00

Gap Wedge262.00

Sand Wedge268.00

Lob Wedge268.00

Putter350.00

Thanks. Doesn’t look like they have changed. I bought a ladies JPX900 driver on clearance and was just wanting to make sure specs were in same ballpark as USKids before giving it to my daughter to try out.

One reason I am sticking with her OEM (ping) bc the head weight difference is only 3 grams. Plus I love adjustable shafts, easy to test different shafts or even newer OEM heads in the same family.

Sorry to thread jack, but while on the TS3 subject, has anyone noticed that the 3 wood looks really similar to a hybrid? I just got these in last night and I thought they sent me the wrong club.

This whole time, I thought it was a 3 hybrid until I read your post. I just took a look at the club again and you're right, the sticker on the shaft says 3 wood. It looks just like a hybrid. My daughter can't hit it.

Sorry to thread jack, but while on the TS3 subject, has anyone noticed that the 3 wood looks really similar to a hybrid? I just got these in last night and I thought they sent me the wrong club.

This whole time, I thought it was a 3 hybrid until I read your post. I just took a look at the club again and you're right, the sticker on the shaft says 3 wood. It looks just like a hybrid. My daughter can't hit it.

callawaygolfpreowned is having a 50% off sale right now. Epic 5w 18 degree with a light shaft can be yours for $150.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

Beyond me why they would do that. Here is a pic my friend took of the hybrid and 3 wood side by side.

1 Driver190.00

3 Wood200.00

3 Hybrid210.00

4 Hybrid216.00

4 ironNA

5 iron228.00

6 iron234.00

7 iron240.00

8 iron246.00

9 iron252.00

Pitching Wedge258.00

Gap Wedge262.00

Sand Wedge268.00

Lob Wedge268.00

Putter350.00

One reason I am sticking with her OEM (ping) bc the head weight difference is only 3 grams. Plus I love adjustable shafts, easy to test different shafts or even newer OEM heads in the same family.

I am starting to hate adjustment shafts and just plain driver adjustments in general especially for kids. I rather they lean on a neutral shaft. Like you mentioned the only good thing is there easy to change shafts and some have lie adjustments. In general I think they have harmed more golfers then helped.

I had my son try out his friend's US KIDS TS 57 over the weekend and he confirmed what we knew before. The shaft on the Flynn is much more stiffer than the US Kids TS. This is probably the main reason the ball's are launching higher on the US Kids than the Flynn.

One Flynn has about 4 different version of shafts so that would depend on which one you are comparing it to. Using the wiggle test I find very little difference in her 54 flynn vs the 54 us kids ts3. The launch is probably due to better technology in the face. Ie thiner face better CG. ect.

I had my son try out his friend's US KIDS TS 57 over the weekend and he confirmed what we knew before. The shaft on the Flynn is much more stiffer than the US Kids TS. This is probably the main reason the ball's are launching higher on the US Kids than the Flynn.

One Flynn has about 4 different version of shafts so that would depend on which one you are comparing it to. Using the wiggle test I find very little difference in her 54 flynn vs the 54 us kids ts3. The launch is probably due to better technology in the face. Ie thiner face better CG. ect.

We're using whatever shaft came with the 57" EzOrderSet, no customization.

https://www.flynn-go.../Details?id=453

We also previously compared the 54" Flynn with US Kids TS 54" and the result was the same.

We're using whatever shaft came with the 57" EzOrderSet, no customization.

https://www.flynn-go.../Details?id=453

We also previously compared the 54" Flynn with US Kids TS 54" and the result was the same.

Yeah he picks a shaft for you then but there are a ton of weight difference. For the ones I purchased I don't think there is a difference. The main difference I feel is the balance is better with US Kids than flynn.

Which one of you guys wants to sell me a US Kids TS3 54 or TS3 57 set?

I've got a set of 716 AP1's. Kuro Kage A shafts.

May be a bit early for these.

He's in USK 51 right now.

Give me a few months

10-4. Let me know if your son/daughter doesn't like them...or grows out of them.

As a sidenote to my post above... I'm surprised there's no BST (Buy/Sell/Trade) sub-forum on this site for the folks that want to Buy/Sell/Trade junior clubs.

If you're on a desktop, you'll see that I have WAY too many BST Transactions in my Feedback (for my own clubs). But, only (1) BST Transaction for junior items

You just don't see a bunch of Junior club posts on the regular BST. Seems like each parent would be looking for a place to offload the clubs their kid(s) grow out of, and immediately get into a new set of junior clubs.

Rinse and repeat several times as they grow.

Just brainstorming here in an effort to make this a better site and/or forum.

I've got a set of 716 AP1's. Kuro Kage A shafts.

May be a bit early for these.

He's in USK 51 right now.

Give me a few months

10-4. Let me know if your son/daughter doesn't like them...or grows out of them.

She loves them currently at 55” so it’s a matter of how quickly. A mere two inches. She only 8. Stop costing me money! lol

• 10 months later...

Question about the TS3 tour series clubs: I am interested in picking up a set of these for my son. I notice they come in steel and graphite. Are there any differences in feel or swingweight? My son seems to perform better with a bit more of a swingweight and wondering if I need to get the graphite, but don't want to give him a set of wet noodles.

My 10yo has played the entire season with the TS3 51" in graphite. He's enjoyed them and played them well. He started them when he was about 49.5". We did add about 6g of lead tape to the heads just last month now that he's about 51" finally. The weights do seem to be a touch on the lighter side. Because of this we will be moving to something slightly heavier very soon. Have never swung or tried them in steel, I don't think it was an option when we picked these up.

The shaft flex is ok and not too whippy. He doesn't seem to have any issues with the flex, just the overall weight lately.