Srixon/Cleveland RTX 4 wedges - 2018

For SM7 Titleist added more offset, RTX4 removes the offset. Haven't had Cleveland wedges in my bag for kinda 10 years but this is the return of the king, Welcome home!

Does my SM7's recycle as metal or hazardous material?

Driver: Ping G425 MAX 9* Aldila Rogue White 130 70stiff 45.25 inches -D4
4 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 16.5* Accra TZ5 60 M4 43 inches -D4

6 wood: Taylormade M6 6-wood 19.5* Fujikura Evolution II 41.5 inches -D4 (yes M6 ladies head)
Drivning iron: Titleist U510 2-iron Fujikura ATMOS black 9s
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-9 irons Fujikura Pro 115i Tour Spec -D4
Vokey SM8 46* Fujikura Pro 115i Tour Spec -D4
Vokey SM8 51.5* Fujikura Pro 115i Tour Spec -D5 (50* bent weak to 51.5*, F sole)
Vokey SM8 57* Mitsubishi MMT 105 stiff -D6 (56* bent weak to 57*, M sole)
Odyssey Bird of Prey Stroke Lab Black 34 inches

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice that the 54.10 Full Grind did not make it to retail nor did the 60.06 Full Grind (the 60.09 Full Grind did). What's up with that?

Taylormade Qi10 9* HZRDUS 70 6.5

Titleist Tsi2 15* Tensei RAW Blue 75X

Titleist Tsr2 21* Tensei Black 85 TX
Srixon ZX5, ZX7 combo set 4-PW PX 6.0
Titleist SM5 50.12F, SM6 56.14F, 60.08M
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Stroke Lab
Titleist Pro V1X 2023

https://www.clevelan...ds#knowyourgame

Email this morning from Cleveland/Srixon says pre-sale is August 31. Stock shaft is the TI S400 with a Tour Velvet grip.

Straight leading edge, little offset, nice grind options, and a good stock shaft. I like my vokeys, but these have a strong chance of knocking them out of my bag.

Titleist TSi3 9* | Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 70 6.5

Nike VR Pro Ltd 15* | Fujikura Ventus Black 7x

Taylormade Sim Max 18* | Mitsubishi Tensei  Pro Blue 80tx

Callaway Apex TCB 21' 4-A | True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Callaway Jaws 54* S-Grind | True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Z-GrindTrue Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Taylormade Spider X / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Not sure if this is allowed, but I just posted RTX 4 set on BTS. 52, 56, and 60 in tour satin and black satin. Here's a side by side of 60* HiToe, RTX 4, and SM6.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 🔸🔸🔸 LS 9.0* - Fujikura Ventus Black w/ Velocore 6x

3-Wood: Cobra King F9 Speedback 13.5* - Accra FX 2.0 300F M5

5-Wood: Cobra King F9 Speedback Tour 16.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 X

3-Iron: Mizuno MP-20 HMB - Project X 6.5

4-PW: Mizuno JPX 919 Tour - Project X 6.5

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 52.09 - Project X 6.5

Taylormade MG3 56.12; Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw 60* - Project X 6.0

Putter: Sik Pro Armlock - LAGolf Shaft

Ball: ProV1

Bag: Nike Air Hybrid

Anyone notice what appears to be deep curved milling on the toe area? Looks like if you open the face up it will act as additional grooves like the PM Grind and Hi-Toe. Can anyone confirm this is an actual feature of the new RTX4?

I thought something similar, but rep told me it’s not meant to work as grooves by design.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 🔸🔸🔸 LS 9.0* - Fujikura Ventus Black w/ Velocore 6x

3-Wood: Cobra King F9 Speedback 13.5* - Accra FX 2.0 300F M5

5-Wood: Cobra King F9 Speedback Tour 16.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 X

3-Iron: Mizuno MP-20 HMB - Project X 6.5

4-PW: Mizuno JPX 919 Tour - Project X 6.5

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 52.09 - Project X 6.5

Taylormade MG3 56.12; Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw 60* - Project X 6.0

Putter: Sik Pro Armlock - LAGolf Shaft

Ball: ProV1

Bag: Nike Air Hybrid

My RTX4 Tour Raws just landed! Looking forward to getting outside on the course to give them a spin in a few minutes.

b3617646e1d53596dec632904e75c174.jpg

10bd9de2c29a9ec44cb2eeab35269afc.jpg

2c74b025142bb8c8868b1550cf90a418.jpg

Report back ASAP!

Damn do I wish they offered us lefties tour raw

Taylormade Sim2/ Ventus Blue 
Taylormade Sim2 Ti/ Tour DI
Titleist 818H2/ Tour AD
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Iron
Wilson Staff Model 5-PW
Titleist Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58
Bettinardi BB0 Tour Hive/ Stability Tour Black Edition
Full bag here

My RTX4 Tour Raws just landed! Looking forward to getting outside on the course to give them a spin in a few minutes.

Lucky! I'm dying. Mine are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Probably won't get out until Friday with them.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Lucky! I'm dying. Mine are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Probably won't get out until Friday with them.

Mine are scheduled for Friday. Directly to the range they will go to see if they will get to see some tournament action this weekend.

b3617646e1d53596dec632904e75c174.jpg

10bd9de2c29a9ec44cb2eeab35269afc.jpg

2c74b025142bb8c8868b1550cf90a418.jpg

Report back ASAP!

Damn do I wish they offered us lefties tour raw

Well...just finished 9 holes with them. And...holy s***!!! I haven't had a wedge feel this good, nor spin like this in a LONG time. And I've been in the golf business for 25 years, and playing longer than that. My rep had warned me that the spin was going to be high, in a good way, but the very first shot I hit with one (54*) was a penalty drop from a hazard, into our bermuda rough, which I let get pretty damn thick this time of year. My other wedges cannot spin it out of this stuff, but hearing my rep in the back of my head, I played right at the pin. One hop, hit, dead stop about 4 feet left of the pin. About 2-3 feet from its pitch mark. My assistant who was playing with me just looked across the fairway at me shaking his head. Par save from the crap. And the feel was STUPIDLY good.

Throughout the round I quickly learned that I could be very aggressive with them, and no s***, had 3 short pitch shots (15-30 yards) that stopped within a foot of the hole,2 of them within 4 inches. Like playing velcro darts.

And I'm not typically a high spin player with short game. I purposely like (or did like) to let the ball release hole 5-8 feet. But again, my rep has been telling me since we started talking about these that they stop quickly if I try them. So I went in to today throwing it as close as I could get it to the pin, and was rewarded with some seriously cool looking and GREAT feeling shots.

And when I say they spin like crazy, I don't mean they are uncontrollable spin (at least for me). The thing I found out about the "spin" (and was seriously impressive to me) is that the stopping power/spin is crazy consistent from different lies. Like those out of rough 15-20 yard chips from our gnarly bermuda rough when I missed some greens still had as much spin as from a closely mown approach area or fairway. That first shot I described above from 1.75" THICK bermuda with the ball nestled down in it spun like it was on a fairway. With that kind of spin from the rough, you (or at least I) would think that the spin from a full shot from the fairway would be almost uncontrollable, yet it wasn't at all. It was honestly just a slight increase in spin (for me), and not unplayable or hard to adjust to in the slightest. It's like the wedges could put a consistent amount of spin on the ball regardless of lie, which was AWESOME to me.

I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the first go 'round with these wedges. I'm actually really pissed that I put my assistant on the Srixon/Cleveland staff deal, and not me! I had to pay for mine, but seem to be worth every penny. It's been a long time (probably original Cleveland 588 days) since I've hit wedge shots and instantly smiled at just the feel off the face before even looking toward the hole to see the results...I mean the feel at impact, and just the way you can "feel" the spin and the grab on the club. They feel like forged weapons. I hope this isn't just a honeymoon phase!

To anyone who has seen them in person: How does the black finish look in comparison to the black finish of the RTX3?

I will try and give a report tomorrow. I played the black finish on the RTX-3s and am one of the few that actually loved them. I have the RTX-4s now and am playing my first round with them tomorrow.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

To anyone who has seen them in person: How does the black finish look in comparison to the black finish of the RTX3?

I will try and give a report tomorrow. I played the black finish on the RTX-3s and am one of the few that actually loved them. I have the RTX-4s now and am playing my first round with them tomorrow.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I currently play a set of RTX3s in black, all mid, and like them quite a bit. I really want to replace the 58 with the low bounce/grind though. And then the more I look at photos of the RTX4, the more tempted I am to replace all three of my wedges haha.

RTX-4 review: I have played the RTX-3's since they came out and have loved the playability of them, especially around the greens. I have a 50*, 56* (bent to 55*), and 60* in the black finish all 2 dot/mid bounce. They are shafted with a PX 6.0 steel shaft. My carry distance is 50*-110, 55*-95, 60*-75 on full swings. I am putting the RTX-4's into play with the same lofts, bounce, and finish but with the stock DG TI shaft. I am a digger/driver and can take a beaver pelt of a divot while playing if I am not careful, so the V-Sole and bounce are my friend.

Looks: They are sharp. I love the new look of the 4's and the reduced offset is nice, but nothing that jumps out at you (even when holding them together). The stock shaft of the DG Tour Issue shaft is a nice complement and allowed me to flight my shots when needed. The writing and stamping on the head really blends well together and does not look overly busy. The V-Sole seems to be greatly removed/toned-down on my 50* and 60* but the 55* is roughly the same.

Spin: This is where the 4 is going to outshine the 3 all day long, IMO. I loved the spin I got from the 3. I could stop it where I wanted or back it up, but occasionally I would catch one that just spun like crazy or didn't spin as much as I had hoped. Given, I only have 1 round with the 4's in the bag, that was not an issue today. If I needed it to stop, it did. If I expected it to spin a little more or less, it did. Out of the thick rough, you could feel the ball grab the face and really gave me the confidence that I could still control the distance and spin.

Bunker: This is where I will struggle for a bit I think. I am a decent bunker player but I failed to get up and down twice today from easy-ish spots after taking too much sand. I tend to use my 60* out of most bunkers but might practice a bit with my 55* due to the reduction of the sole. It could have just been a bad day from the bunkers though so I will keep working with that.

Full shot: These felt great from the fairway. The 3's I always felt were a little dead off the face. While that I not neccessarily a bad thing, it didn't give the feedback that I could instantly tell it was struck pure or slightly off center. The 4's are a different animal. Again, it could be the shaft change or the head, or a combination of both, but they felt great and really responsive when struck.

Around the green: I only hit a few shots from around the green as I tend to use my PW or 8i and get the ball on the ground most of the time. I did have one shot today from 50yds that I was able to control the flight and spin really well and a few other shots where I was short sided in fringe/rough. You can really feel the ball come off the face with spin, even on short shots. I really like the V sole on my 50 RTX-3 and wish it was the same on the 4's, but I think I can get used to it. I tend to stray away from using my 60 off any tight lie unless I need to so I didn't have that shot today to compare.

Overall: I think people that did not like the RTX-3 will really like this wedge. Likewise, I think that people that liked the RTX-3's will also like this wedge, but maybe not a full set or at least a different bounce/dot configuration from what they are used to. The spin is amazing and they are really easy to flight. The feel might be the best improvement for me on full shots. I have never been one to play a PW outside of the set make up but these will make me think of getting a 46 to match. I can see these making a pretty big splash on the wedge market.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

Got home and these beauties were waiting for me. I went 48 bent to 49 mid, 54 mid, 58 xlow, 62 low. I've never used a 62* and just wanted to screw around with it. The 58 xlow is crazy. That leading edge is SHARP. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna die trying to play it out of the sand, but I really like how low the leading edge is sitting behind the ball. My first round with them will be tomorrow, so I hope I short side myself a bunch. ?

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link