GAPR

bharp77

I'm sold. So I bought all 3. Bought a 3 in the Lo, 4 in the Mid and 5 in the High. I like my 790 UDI but after hitting the 3 Lo it was so much better. I was easily another 15 yards longer and it just felt better.

The problem was what to do with the other two so I bought both. I found that from 220 the mid is great for me off the fairway and easier to hit than my M4 Hybrid 3 and from the rough the Gapr hi is so much easier to hit. So far I've put my 5wood and my 4 & 5 iron away and the GAPRs are in their place.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to hear that. I just put the P790 UDI in the bag and I have a hard time believing just about anything could knock it out of the bag. I'm definitely interested in hearing how many others have the same type of experience that you do.

Titleist TSR3 Ventus TR Blue 6X
Titleist TSi3 HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Mizuno MP20 HMB 18* HZRDUS Smoke 6.0
Kyoei KK Black MB 4-PW KBS Tour 125 S+
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 50/9
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54/11
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 58/11
TaylorMade Tour Preferred Bandon 3
TaylorMade 2021 TP5X

I loved the 790 UDI just can't see keeping it after the 3 LO. That thing goes a mile and feels a little better. As far as the others go they seem to serve a different purpose for me. The 4 Mid works great for me if I land in the fairway and need a club to get me 250. The 5 Hi is my 220+ out of the rough club. I probably won't carry the 3 Lo as often as the other 2 that will stay in the bag all the time but I have a couple courses I play that it will be perfect off the tee.

The 790s are by far the best clubs I have ever hit. I had some PXG 0311s but had to park them after I hit the 790s.

Following their purchase of adams, Taylormade is doing a fantastic job repackaging the 2014 dhy pros as a million different types of driving irons.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

220 club out of the rough. Lol.

What tour are you on sir?

220 is Pretty normal? I’m not long and I hit my 21* gapr-style club about that far.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

so these are available now or still pre-order?

SIM 10.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: TS3 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: 2017 M2 TI 9.3*-1.8* 205g Diamana X Limited 60s(.5")
F9 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: TS2 15* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: 2017 M2 15* Crazy La Bomba FW 80s(1")
MB-001 2i KBS C-Taper Lite 115X :: X-Forged UT 18* Project X :: F9 19* Tensei Pro White 100TX
MB-001 4-9 Modus3 Tour 120X :: AR1 4-9 Aerotech SteelFiber 110cw :: MP-29 2-9 KBS Tour
WedgeWorks V-Grind 46/50/55/60 DG S400 Tour Issue
Scotty Tour Black 009M Hoops
Scotty Tour Black Buttonback T10 Newport Deep Milled Insert Only
Studio Stock 28 SB Center Shaft Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Queen B 5 Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Studio Stock 38 (current gamer)
K-Signature
WITB Link

I went to a TM fitting at their TPL. Needed to redo my top end of bag between driver and 4i.

We hit the GAPRs...theyre junk overall.

All of them are Absolutely the ugliest clubs ive ever seen.

The LO was the closest to being able to make it into the bag if i was forced to pick. but realistically the 790UDI or a 790 3i was much better for me over the LO. If anyone is considering a LO strongly look at a 790udi or 790 3i instead.

The 790 has less offset, thinner topline, and felt amazing.

The LO felt worse and looked terrible in comparison unless you like offset.

790 won in performance as well.

All of the GAPRs felt like junk for the most part. With the Exception being the HIGH. The high has a hybrid kind of feel that made it tolerable. The mid is literally so terrible to look at. Imagine the worlds biggest most offset SGI you can imagine. Now double the offset and size...thats a gapr mid.

In the end we went m3 3w and m3 5w and a UDI 3iron. The 790 UDI was pretty close to replacing the 5w but realistically I've got my shots covered without it. If i played baked out fairways id likely get a 2udi.

In conclusion:

The gapr low was just ok in performance but looked and felt terrible. The 790s are a better option to the low unless you need offset. to the member who said its a rebranded adams dhy...youre kinda right except the dhy was legendary...i wish i never got rid of mine Absolutely a rocket launcher.

The gapr mid was literally horrible in every aspect.

The high was also meh.

Overall id say theyre junk. Simply because in the LO you have 790s as an option that are better. In the high you have an m3 or m4 hybrid that were better.

The mid was the only unique club but man it was terrible to look at, worst feeling club ive ever hit. And the performance waa subpar for what i expected.

I went to a TM fitting at their TPL. Needed to redo my top end of bag between driver and 4i.

We hit the GAPRs...theyre junk. Absolutely the ugliest clubs ive ever seen. The LO isnt bad but the 790UDI ot a 790 3i was much better for me.

The 790 had less offset, thinner topline, and felt amazing.

All of the GAPRs felt like junk. Except the HIGH. The high has a hybrid kinda feel. The mid is literally so terrible to look at. Imagine the worlds biggest most offset SGI you can imagine. Now double the offset and size...thats a gapr mid.

In the end we went m3 3w and m3 5w and a UDI 3iron. The TP UDI was pretty close to replacing the 5w but realistically I've got my shots covered without it. If i played baked out fairways id likely get a 2udi.

The gapr low was ok...to the member who said its a rebranded adams dhy...youre kinda right except the dhy was legendary...i wish i never got rid of mine Absolutely a rocket launcher. The gapr was meh.

So to recap.....

All the GAPR's are junk.

No wait the LO isn't bad.

All the GAPR's are junk.

No wait the HIGH isn't bad, but the MID sucks.

No wait the GAPR LO was OK.

The GAPR is meh.

That about cover it?

LOL

I hit them all at my local Golf Galaxy recently, and thought they felt pretty good. If I were to get one, it would be the mid. I could still flight it low if need be, and liked the flight I was getting out of it. I was not a fan of the stock shaft at all. Way too light.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17.25* (Motore F1 7s); 21* Callaway UW (Attas T2 8S); Adams Super 9031 23* (Recoil Prototype Utility 110 F4)
Irons: 5-PW Srixon ZX7 MKII (KBS 120 $ Taper)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

Tempted by the 3-mid. I want something that flies a bit lower as a sometimes alternative to my 3h, but my swing speed is probably just a bit too slow to really benefit from a 3i. So the mid seems like a great inbetween for a hybrid and a traditional long iron that will be a bit more forgiving.

That all being said, I don't really need new clubs, and they're pretty ugly. Maybe if I can catch one on clearance in a year or two I'll consider it.

We hit the GAPRs...theyre junk. Absolutely the ugliest clubs ive ever seen. The LO isnt bad but the 790UDI ot a 790 3i was much better for me.

All of the GAPRs felt like junk. Except the HIGH. The high has a hybrid kinda feel. The mid is literally so terrible to look at. Imagine the worlds biggest most offset SGI you can imagine. Now double the offset and size...thats a gapr mid.

In the end we went m3 3w and m3 5w and a UDI 3iron. The TP UDI was pretty close to replacing the 5w but realistically I've got my shots covered without it. If i played baked out fairways id likely get a 2udi.

The gapr low was ok...to the member who said its a rebranded adams dhy...youre kinda right except the dhy was legendary...i wish i never got rid of mine Absolutely a rocket launcher. The gapr was meh.

This made me confused, mad, then happy, but in a synical kinda way, then irate but, back to confused in the end.

I can't say much about the clubs. I am intrigued to try them out though. I've been looking to swap out my hybrid for quite some time.

So to recap.....

All the GAPR's are junk.

No wait the LO isn't bad.

All the GAPR's are junk.

No wait the HIGH isn't bad, but the MID sucks.

No wait the GAPR LO was OK.

The GAPR is meh.

That about cover it?

LOL

Exactly how I read it lol

... Anytime I read clubs or shafts are "junk" or "garbage" I stop reading. Every club made today is a quality product. Might not fit you, might feel terrible in your opinion and might not produce the performance you are looking for. But for every SGI hater, there is a golfer in love with their very forgiving irons. I have a 20* TP UDi I really like and I am currently using a 17* Exotics CBX Ironwood but I am very interested in the GAPR Lo.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

Went to our local PGASS yesterday and they had GAPR Demo’s in all 3 heads and I was impressed.

The Mid and Hi look much better in person then I expected. They hit nice but since I was not really in the market for one of these so I only hit them a couple times. I have an M1 4 hybrid that I really like and I don’t see the GAPR Mid or Hi knocking that out of the bag.

The GAPR Lo on the other hand will be in the bag come spring. It looks perfect at address to me. Much cleaner and thinner in person than the online pics make it look. It does remind me of the older Adams stuff but with a better look to it at address. They had the 3 Lo to hit but I will order this in a 2. I hit the ball high anyway and want a lower ball flight with this club. I was not a fan of the stock shaft and I think that was part of the reason for the extra height I was getting with the 3. But with the adapter system on these it will be much easier to test and swap shafts from the assortment I have at home.

For what it’s worth the guy at PGASS said pretty much any of the big box golf shops will have a few of these on hand for demo so if you want to see them just stop in.

They are rumored to ship early to mid OCT so I’m just going to wait and pick one up over the winter. By that time here in MN our season is pretty much done for the year.

I was farting around at the golf shop and saw a couple of these GAPR's sitting around so I grabbed one not knowing much about it. hit it on the trackman...

Hit the 3 mid about 220. Shockingly straight. I was impressed how easy it was to hit. My one miss still went about 195, which isn't bad considering how poorly I hit it. I hit my 17* hybrid about 225 so hitting this 18* degree semi iron 220 was pretty impressive. The downside is they were stingers. Coming out at 11-13* I believe. So great for tee shots or rolling up to the green but not something that'd do well carrying 205-210 and holding the green.

Overall I was kinda impressed considering my first impression was "what is this ugly club"

• 2 weeks later...

We hit the GAPRs...theyre junk overall.

All of them are Absolutely the ugliest clubs ive ever seen.

The LO was the closest to being able to make it into the bag if i was forced to pick. but realistically the 790UDI or a 790 3i was much better for me over the LO. If anyone is considering a LO strongly look at a 790udi or 790 3i instead.

The 790 has less offset, thinner topline, and felt amazing.

The LO felt worse and looked terrible in comparison unless you like offset.

790 won in performance as well.

All of the GAPRs felt like junk for the most part. With the Exception being the HIGH. The high has a hybrid kind of feel that made it tolerable. The mid is literally so terrible to look at. Imagine the worlds biggest most offset SGI you can imagine. Now double the offset and size...thats a gapr mid.

In the end we went m3 3w and m3 5w and a UDI 3iron. The 790 UDI was pretty close to replacing the 5w but realistically I've got my shots covered without it. If i played baked out fairways id likely get a 2udi.

In conclusion:

The gapr low was just ok in performance but looked and felt terrible. The 790s are a better option to the low unless you need offset. to the member who said its a rebranded adams dhy...youre kinda right except the dhy was legendary...i wish i never got rid of mine Absolutely a rocket launcher.

The gapr mid was literally horrible in every aspect.

The high was also meh.

Overall id say theyre junk. Simply because in the LO you have 790s as an option that are better. In the high you have an m3 or m4 hybrid that were better.

The mid was the only unique club but man it was terrible to look at, worst feeling club ive ever hit. And the performance waa subpar for what i expected.

Need you to write more negative words in your next post about these (/s).......your problem might have been the Indian and not the arrow. Took my Lo to the lesson tee yesterday and was spanking 240 yard bullets. And the numbers on trackman were gorgeous.