Valtiel's WITB w/high-res photos

Driver: Taylormade M1 430 8.5* (set to 9.25*) custom finished in Gunmetal/Orange. Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX, 45" D8

A serious feast or famine driver at times that acts like a more adjustable modern SLDR. Extra 10G weight added to the front track. The Tensei is a great fit for my swing and how I prefer to turn the ball over. Long and high low spin bombs if you can strike it up, spins up pretty high on lower strikes, excellent feel and sound.

ELz1Dq9.jpg

Strong 3 Wood(s): Callaway Xhot 3Deep 14.5* w/Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 8.3 Tour Spec X / Nike SQ2 13* custom finished w/ Diamana Blueboard 83x. D4/D5 respectively.

I'm still trying to dial in the "strong 3 wood" part of the bag and its been tough. I love how the Xhot performs, looks, and sets up but it feels horrible at the moment. It was a killer eBay find but by my measurements the shaft has been tipped 2" and it just feels like a board. I may swap shafts with the SQ2 13* as I feel 13* is too strong for me and what I want the club to do.

mkdpSGZ.jpg

nAMJ2zR.jpg

4 Wood: Nike SQ2 Tour Issue 17* long hosel custom finished w/ Diamana Blueboard 103x. 41.75" D5.

This club is irreplaceable. 1/2" short, 8g of hotmelt in the head, shaft tipped 2", its a 4 wood that thinks its a strong 3 wood and I really need to get it on the launch monitors to see how much distance i'm actually giving up with it because it is LONG. Super versatile due to its loft, the shaft feels perfect and even when tipped that much does not feel boardy at all. The only possibility of change here is if a future Ping Anser hybrid build kicks it out....

hlcAtq8.jpg

Hybrid: Ping Anser 20* w/Aldila Rogue Black 110 105h Tour X. 40.75" - D5

The most comfortable club in my bag and the only reason I may change the above 4 wood (Anser 17*). Everything about this club just feels right and its a benchmark for other long clubs. Aftermarket 8g weight.

R5nwBn8.jpg

Driving Irons: Mizuno MP-H4 3/4 irons w/ Project X PXi 7.0 - D5

Ridiculously easy to hit and long driving irons. I switch between the 3i and the Anser Hybrid and sometimes carry both. Easier to keep down and more accurate. PXi 7.0 shafts are a dream in these irons.

00OIhZA.jpg

Irons: Mizuno MP-59 5-PW w/ Brunswick Precision Rifle 7.0 FCM - D5-D8

A long time favorite iron bent 2* weak and setup in a progressive swing weight format starting at 0.5" over length in the 5i to 1.25" over length in the PW. Old Brunswick Rifle shafts like I used to play in junior golf (3 backup sets in the closet). These irons simply work for me in terms of aesthetics, feel, and playability.

oClmN49.jpg

Gap Wedge: Vokey 256.12 Mild Raw (bent to 54*) w/ Brunswick Precision Rifle 7.0 FCM - D8

I never had much luck with traditional gap wedges as they felt too much like pitching wedges and I found bending 56* wedges strong was much better for me. These old 200 Series Vokeys were just the perfect shape. Same playing length as my PW and ported for weight relief. The grind on this wedge is similar to a modern S-Grind and is my go to all purpose wedge for chipping, long bunker shots, and most full shots from 100-120y.

eLP3qLj.jpg

Sand Wedge: Vokey WedgeWorks 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind w/ Brunswick Precision 7.3 FCM - D8

The most ridiculously simple club to hit out of softer sand, virtually automatic. Lower bounce makes it viable as a lob wedge as well and is a go to for softer lies and minor flop shots. Heavier old Brunswick shaft.

LoMLysT.jpg

Lob Wedge: Vokey Special V-Grind Black Oxide 60* (bent to 62*) w/ Brunswick Precision 7.3 FCM - D8

For emergencies only. Extremely versatile and floppable with its extreme grind, no full shots here. Same heavier old Brunswick shaft as the Sand Wedge.

i84qub4.jpg

Putter: 1996 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe w/fluted Bullseye putter shaft.

Simply an old faithful. Half shaft offset suits my eye much better than a traditional Anser style putter. Bullseye shaft because its satin and I hate glossy putter shafts.

25pO47B.jpg

Full Bag:

Old Titleist headcovers because I like them.

lflHXNy.jpg

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Photos are really good and so is your setup, super unique. How much do those 7.0 shafts weight?

Thank you sir! If you're referring to the Brunswicks, they are about 130g in the 5-iron and would normally descend about 10g by the time you got down to the PW but I play with smaller length gaps between each club so the weight decrease isn't as much. If you're referring to the PXi's then they are about 117-119g I think? Conflicting data out there since they are tour only and tough to find. They are a perfect middle ground between the 130g 5-iron shaft and the 105g hybrid shaft though.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Bridgestone 

Wow! 45” driver at D-8? I can’t fathom it. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

My little toothpick 43.5” at D-2 would feel like a child’s club to you I guess....Different strokes..

I've always preferred things on the heavier side, but your driver would feel fine to me, I would just swing it differently. I'm starting to think that my preference for heavier drivers might be masking or compensating for something. I'm such a "cover and trap the ball" with hands in front kind of ball striker and I have to make a big adjustment to hit up on a driver, because my normal swing is just NOT conducive to good driver results. I think because I have to play the ball pretty far forward that the heavier headweight helps keep me from turning it over too much, which is my preferred driver shot shape as it is. It makes that 3-wood spot super tough though because its in no man's land between driver swing and iron swing. Still need to figure that one out.

Bridgestone 

Best Nike fwy woods ever. Nice pics

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Loved my mp59s. Just hate the shafts in them. Have dg sl in my mp59s and mp t11 wedges. Broke the 60° shaft and put a standard s200 in it and couldnt believe the size difference on the butt ends of the shaft. Still my favorite feeling iron head I've played.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

• 3 weeks later...

Great set up all the way around thumbs up---- See you ain't scared to use lead tape either. Even though I am somewhat a dyed in the wool old 588 man I am a big Vokey 200 series fan too and have several of them . Old Santa Fe whats not to like? Mine is of the 96 97 school too. No glare problem for me because mine is so darn rusty has the fluted Bullseye shaft no satin needed there either because it appears to have lost the shiny long ago and yes it is rusty too

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Super bag.

I have my iron lofts adjusted weak (traditional) also. They gap much better with the wedges.

Hit em good.

Driver: Ping G25

4w & 7w: Ping G25

23° Hybrid: Ping G25

5i - pw: Mizuno MP64

54° & 58°: Cleveland RTX 4 raw

Putter: The Wilson 8802 (vintage model)

Ball:  Titleist Pro V1x
Bag: Original Jones Golf Bag (green)

• 2 months later...

Great bag, and photography!

How did you black-out the M1?

Continental Golf!

http://www.golfwrx.c...shing-and-more/

I mock things up in Photoshop first and send them the reference for a quote. Always top notch work and very simple to do business with.

Bridgestone 

Just plain awesome, love seeing low-cappers bags and how you think about the setup

Would love to see the swing that hits these bad boys if you have one posted somewhere

[size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace][b][u][i]2019 WITB[/i][/u][/b]

D: TM 2016 M2 10.5' Diamana DF-50 S
3W: TM 2016 M2 15' AD-DI 6s
3i: Ping G5 stock
4i-G: Miura PP-9003 KBS Tour 90
56/60: Miura Bullet Grind / K Grind
Putt: Yamada Emperor II or Vintage Ping Anser[/font][/size]

Just plain awesome, love seeing low-cappers bags and how you think about the setup

Would love to see the swing that hits these bad boys if you have one posted somewhere

Thanks! I've been meaning to get my camera out on a tripod and take some swing videos but i'm out of the country for work and haven't touched a club in 4 months, hah. When i'm back home I will have to do that in addition to getting back into form, I suspect my handicap will fluctuate a bit then. :D

Bridgestone 

Great bag, and photography!

How did you black-out the M1?

Continental Golf!

http://www.golfwrx.c...shing-and-more/

I mock things up in Photoshop first and send them the reference for a quote. Always top notch work and very simple to do business with.

Damn, no good for England! You boys are lucky in the states!

Love that putter ! I wish I would have kept the one I had ...

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

• 8 months later...

> @JeffreySpicoli said:

> @Valtiel, how do you find the PXis compare to the Rifles?

>

> (To me, they feel quite similar.)

In terms of overall flex/stoutness they are indeed a bit similar, but I would say I definitely feel a difference in how they load. The original Rifles in my irons have this wonderful kind of "sponginess" that you really notice when the club works through the ground. They're like a big, soft hug to get sentimental about it, hah. The PXi's by comparison are firmer in that regard, more crisp overall. They are also lighter which makes a big feel difference. They are a great companion to the heavier original Rifles though as a driving iron shaft.

Bridgestone 

> @Valtiel said:

> > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > @Valtiel, how do you find the PXis compare to the Rifles?

> >

> > (To me, they feel quite similar.)

>

> In terms of overall flex/stoutness they are indeed a bit similar, but I would say I definitely feel a difference in how they load. The original Rifles in my irons have this wonderful kind of "sponginess" that you really notice when the club works through the ground. They're like a big, soft hug to get sentimental about it, hah. The PXi's by comparison are firmer in that regard, more crisp overall. They are also lighter which makes a big feel difference. They are a great companion to the heavier original Rifles though as a driving iron shaft.

Thanks. Great feedback.

Next question . . . Have you compared the current Rifles to your older Rifles?

(I’m asking these questions as I’ve not found any iron shafts that I’ve liked as much as my old Rifles. I’m trying to determine whether I should go after the currently available Rifles.)

> @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > @Valtiel said:

> > > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > > @Valtiel, how do you find the PXis compare to the Rifles?

> > >

> > > (To me, they feel quite similar.)

> >

> > In terms of overall flex/stoutness they are indeed a bit similar, but I would say I definitely feel a difference in how they load. The original Rifles in my irons have this wonderful kind of "sponginess" that you really notice when the club works through the ground. They're like a big, soft hug to get sentimental about it, hah. The PXi's by comparison are firmer in that regard, more crisp overall. They are also lighter which makes a big feel difference. They are a great companion to the heavier original Rifles though as a driving iron shaft.

>

> Thanks. Great feedback.

>

> Next question . . . Have you compared the current Rifles to your older Rifles?

>

> (I’m asking these questions as I’ve not found any iron shafts that I’ve liked as much as my old Rifles. I’m trying to determine whether I should go after the currently available Rifles.)

>

I have not compared them unfortunately, no. By all accounts they are the same design overall but I can't imagine everything is identical with how much the tooling and machining would have changed following the True Temper take over. If you do source the old ones though, I highly recommend sticking to the older Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM shafts or the Royal Precision Rifle FCM versions. Someone within Royal Precision posted on a forum a number of years ago talking about a pretty significant drop in quality control towards the end of the company's run with rejected shafts starting to build up and machines falling in to disrepair due to lack of knowledge and replacement parts. The piles of rejected shafts were liquidated and may still be floating around online being resold as NOS.

Also if you are looking for a set of Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0s in .370, I have a NOS set i'd be willing to part with. Otherwise I recommend searching for the old ones and maybe grabbing some cheap used sets to pull them from. Titleist DCI and Ping Eye and Eye2 irons are a good bet to find loaded with RIfles.

Bridgestone 

> @JeffreySpicoli said:

> Thank you, great information. The 7.0 370s wouldn’t work for me but I do very much appreciate your kind offer.

No worries, happy hunting!

Also I will be posting a big update to this WITB in the coming month. :)

• Like 2

Bridgestone 

• 2 weeks later...

> @Valtiel said:

> Driver: Taylormade M1 430 8.5* (set to 9.25*) custom finished in Gunmetal/Orange. Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX, 45" D8

>

>

>

> A serious feast or famine driver at times that acts like a more adjustable modern SLDR. Extra 10G weight added to the front track. The Tensei is a great fit for my swing and how I prefer to turn the ball over. Long and high low spin bombs if you can strike it up, spins up pretty high on lower strikes, excellent feel and sound.

>

>

>

> (Image)

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Strong 3 Wood(s): Callaway Xhot 3Deep 14.5* w/Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 8.3 Tour Spec X / Nike SQ2 13* custom finished w/ Diamana Blueboard 83x. D4/D5 respectively.

>

>

>

> I'm still trying to dial in the "strong 3 wood" part of the bag and its been tough. I love how the Xhot performs, looks, and sets up but it feels horrible at the moment. It was a killer eBay find but by my measurements the shaft has been tipped 2" and it just feels like a board. I may swap shafts with the SQ2 13* as I feel 13* is too strong for me and what I want the club to do.

>

>

>

>

>

> (Image)

>

>

>

>

>

>

> 4 Wood: Nike SQ2 Tour Issue 17* long hosel custom finished w/ Diamana Blueboard 103x. 41.75" D5.

>

>

>

> This club is irreplaceable. 1/2" short, 8g of hotmelt in the head, shaft tipped 2", its a 4 wood that thinks its a strong 3 wood and I really need to get it on the launch monitors to see how much distance i'm actually giving up with it because it is LONG. Super versatile due to its loft, the shaft feels perfect and even when tipped that much does not feel boardy at all. The only possibility of change here is if a future Ping Anser hybrid build kicks it out....

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hybrid: Ping Anser 20* w/Aldila Rogue Black 110 105h Tour X. 40.75" - D5

>

>

>

> The most comfortable club in my bag and the only reason I may change the above 4 wood (Anser 17*). Everything about this club just feels right and its a benchmark for other long clubs. Aftermarket 8g weight.

>

>

>

> (Image)

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Driving Irons: Mizuno MP-H4 3/4 irons w/ Project X PXi 7.0 - D5

>

>

>

> Ridiculously easy to hit and long driving irons. I switch between the 3i and the Anser Hybrid and sometimes carry both. Easier to keep down and more accurate. PXi 7.0 shafts are a dream in these irons.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Irons: Mizuno MP-59 5-PW w/ Brunswick Precision Rifle 7.0 FCM - D5-D8

>

>

>

> A long time favorite iron bent 2* weak and setup in a progressive swing weight format starting at 0.5" over length in the 5i to 1.25" over length in the PW. Old Brunswick Rifle shafts like I used to play in junior golf (3 backup sets in the closet). These irons simply work for me in terms of aesthetics, feel, and playability.

>

>

>

> (Image)

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Gap Wedge: Vokey 256.12 Mild Raw (bent to 54*) w/ Brunswick Precision Rifle 7.0 FCM - D8

>

>

>

> I never had much luck with traditional gap wedges as they felt too much like pitching wedges and I found bending 56* wedges strong was much better for me. These old 200 Series Vokeys were just the perfect shape. Same playing length as my PW and ported for weight relief. The grind on this wedge is similar to a modern S-Grind and is my go to all purpose wedge for chipping, long bunker shots, and most full shots from 100-120y.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Sand Wedge: Vokey WedgeWorks 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind w/ Brunswick Precision 7.3 FCM - D8

>

>

>

> The most ridiculously simple club to hit out of softer sand, virtually automatic. Lower bounce makes it viable as a lob wedge as well and is a go to for softer lies and minor flop shots. Heavier old Brunswick shaft.

>

>

>

> (Image)

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Lob Wedge: Vokey Special V-Grind Black Oxide 60* (bent to 62*) w/ Brunswick Precision 7.3 FCM - D8

>

>

>

> For emergencies only. Extremely versatile and floppable with its extreme grind, no full shots here. Same heavier old Brunswick shaft as the Sand Wedge.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Putter: 1996 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe w/fluted Bullseye putter shaft.

>

>

>

> Simply an old faithful. Half shaft offset suits my eye much better than a traditional Anser style putter. Bullseye shaft because its satin and I hate glossy putter shafts.

>

>

>

> (Image)

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Full Bag:

>

>

>

> Old Titleist headcovers because I like them.

This is a no nonsense bag not looking to get attention. You're probably a good player.

> @plt said:

> Great clubs and awesome photos.

> Those MP-59s are in great shape. Not sure if you use iron covers on them but if you do, I approve :D

No covers, hah! I bought them NOS a couple seasons ago and I take good care of them. Also there are certain photo angles where bag chatter is a lot less noticeable.

> @Lakers2020 said:

> This is a no nonsense bag not looking to get attention. You're probably a good player.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm trying to get back into playing shape now after being out of the country for the last year. We'll see if you still feel the same about the attention part when I update this thread, lol.

Bridgestone