Callaway rogue pro

nilopol

Lofts were the exact same. I think the distance difference was literally the 1mph I was swinging faster with the I-200. I was more warmed up I guess.

About 500 more spin with the rogue pro. I think that’s a bonus. I love my Ping I-200 but they’re gonna get tested.

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have the black ones? I’m about to place my order. I was curious how the finish will hold up?

I hear it’s PVD and I’m under the understanding that doesn’t hold up great? Wondering if I can sit them all in white vinegar after a while and strip them.

I’m gonna order the black rogue pro with the black $ taper 130. They’ll look unreal!

I have them and yes they look amazing. Best looking iron I have seen in a while being all black and stealthy. But yes they do wear easily. I have X Forged and the feel was so different I went back to my X Forged after one round, lol. Not saying anything bad about the Rogue Pro though as we all know they are not forged. Great irons.

Really? How many rounds did you play with them before you saw significant wear? I guess it’s not gonna keep me from buying them honestly. Do you have a picture?

One round, lol. Playing conditions probably will have some affect too but I already saw some wear on them after one round. Nothing crazy but definitely some wear.

Anyone have the black ones? I’m about to place my order. I was curious how the finish will hold up?

I hear it’s PVD and I’m under the understanding that doesn’t hold up great? Wondering if I can sit them all in white vinegar after a while and strip them.

I’m gonna order the black rogue pro with the black $ taper 130. They’ll look unreal!

I have them and yes they look amazing. Best looking iron I have seen in a while being all black and stealthy. But yes they do wear easily. I have X Forged and the feel was so different I went back to my X Forged after one round, lol. Not saying anything bad about the Rogue Pro though as we all know they are not forged. Great irons.

Really? How many rounds did you play with them before you saw significant wear? I guess it’s not gonna keep me from buying them honestly. Do you have a picture?

One round, lol. Playing conditions probably will have some affect too but I already saw some wear on them after one round. Nothing crazy but definitely some wear.

Yikes! Well I ordered mine last night. Once they wear significantly I wonder if they can be bathed in white vinegar and stripped? I will certainly see!

I bought a custom order set of Ping i200 with Power Spec lofts last summer and I played several rounds with them and lost a full club from my Apex CF16. I tried to BST them and no one wanted them. I have been playing my P770s and am about 1/2 club shorter than my CF16.

My Rogue Pros showed up last night and it's a good thing I ordered them +1". They were all over the map. a couple were +5/8" and a couple were +3/4". I planned a 3/8" increment transition from the 5-iron being + 1/2" to the PW being +1". As it turned out, The PW ended up being 36.5 with a grip, i didn't trim the 8-PW. I hope to hit them tonight

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

I bought a custom order set of Ping i200 with Power Spec lofts last summer and I played several rounds with them and lost a full club from my Apex CF16. I tried to BST them and no one wanted them. I have been playing my P770s and am about 1/2 club shorter than my CF16.

My Rogue Pros showed up last night and it's a good thing I ordered them +1". They were all over the map. a couple were +5/8" and a couple were +3/4". I planned a 3/8" increment transition from the 5-iron being + 1/2" to the PW being +1". As it turned out, The PW ended up being 36.5 with a grip, i didn't trim the 8-PW. I hope to hit them tonight

Wouldn’t you send them back if they were wrong??

Since I was going to cut them to the lengths I wanted and they were just long enough for that, no. I’m going to check the lies and make sure those are right. They supos d to be 2* upright. They don’t look it. I have a Mitchell loft and lie machine as well

2023 Vice Pro Lime

Since I was going to cut them to the lengths I wanted and they were just long enough for that, no. Im going to check the lies and make sure those are right. They supos d to be 2* upright. They dont look it. I have a Mitchell loft and lie machine as well

Oh gotcha. Yeah I highly doubt they are correct on the lies and lofts. Would be a shame to mar up those clubs though.

Through trial and error, I have a method that protects the sole and the hosel from any scratches or dings or dents from the Loft and lie machine. And since these aren't forged, i doubt there will be any issues

2023 Vice Pro Lime

Through trial and error, I have a method that protects the sole and the hosel from any scratches or dings or dents from the Loft and lie machine. And since these aren't forged, i doubt there will be any issues

Do share your method please. I’ll have to have mine checked and would like to prevent if possible. My pro bends mine but there always seems to be a dent on the toe.

I use a 3x folded piece of masking tape that I wrap around the hosel and then slide a piece of an old shaft that I cut a lengthwise slit in wand I slide that on the hosel from the bottom of the shaft and then tighten the bending bar over both of those. I never leave those horizontal dents in the hosel

2023 Vice Pro Lime

I used to see the dents in the toe as well. I used to use a small piece of of tin under the toe but that didn’t really help. Now a use a piece of masking tape folded over several times and use it under both the tow and heel to keep them the same height and I have issues there either. I bend all my irons about 2 degrees upright so I know just what you are talking about with the dent in the sole at the toe end

2023 Vice Pro Lime

• 3 weeks later...

Great feedback here. Be curious how the black finish is holding up for anyone that has them.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

I can post some pics later. I've got a good 6 rounds or so on mine and I miss all over the face so you can get a good idea of wear, lol

Great - I'm leaning going with the chrome but the black is so nice I was hoping to see before I made my final decision.

I can post some pics later. I've got a good 6 rounds or so on mine and I miss all over the face so you can get a good idea of wear, lol

Great - I'm leaning going with the chrome but the black is so nice I was hoping to see before I made my final decision.

This is after maybe 7 or 8 rounds. Game has been pretty bad so I probably haven’t hit the 7 as much as I should have.

2a0e8ab8f86992287e440e0812d0fa11.jpg

3a5c040a9472e21b2886253d93b35551.jpg

This is after maybe 7 or 8 rounds. Game has been pretty bad so I probably haven’t hit the 7 as much as I should have.

You can’t even tell they’ve been hit!

This is after maybe 7 or 8 rounds. Game has been pretty bad so I probably haven't hit the 7 as much as I should have.

You can't even tell they've been hit!

There's a couple of scratches I couldn't quite catch in the right light but they actually look pretty good. I was kind of surprised how well it cleaned up.

For FYI to protect against dents on the toe and heel when bending, I use strips of hard plastic. Any packaged good that comes in an annoying clear plastic covering that requires a chain-saw to open will work fine. Some are thicker than others. I cut into 3/4” strips with scissors. I also put a patch of thin clear plastic on the face as that can get scuffed when cranking down, yet still allows me to see the grooves to ensure proper clamping alignment. For the hosel, Golfworks sells a brass sleeve for just such purpose. I bought the nylon bushings from GW for my Maltby bender, but they are too soft for the job at hand, so came up with my plastic strip solution.

WITB for 2023  |  Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
Titleist TSi2 10*  |  Miyazaki Kusala Black 61X

Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrids  |  Evenflow White 90S

Edel SMS Pro 5-PW |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Edel SMS GW & LW  |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter  |  Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip

Grips    |  All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Lofts were the exact same. I think the distance difference was literally the 1mph I was swinging faster with the I-200. I was more warmed up I guess.

About 500 more spin with the rogue pro. I think that’s a bonus. I love my Ping I-200 but they’re gonna get tested.

I have been playing the roque pros but hit the I210s the other day and they had great feel. I was also very consistent with the distances. Same shaft which was KBS Tour X as the Rogues. I have not been hitting the Rogue Pros very well lately. My biggest complaint has been distance control. Probably more me than the clubs but definitely interested in comparing on the course.

I will give my 2nd review of these irons, since ive had them for almost 4 months now. I have used forged clubs since I was on our HS golf team, and have been Team Callaway for a few years now. I have always felt most comfortable with Callaway's clubs. My favorite irons ever are the 2014 and 2016 Callaway Apex Pro Forged, KBS Tour - V shafts. I was really hoping to see a 2018 model since it seemed to be on a 2 year cycle.

Anyways, I still use the Tour V shafts, and these Rogue Pro irons are very forgiving on slight mis-hits. Almost too forgiving if you are someone like me who has been using forged for so long. Its embarrassing to admit that as a golf professional I couldnt tell if small misses were on the toe or the heel. they all felt pure. It took impact tape to realize where my pattern was...My biggest issue is that i cannot bend these much if at all to fit my game. I hit the wedges too high, and the 4/5 iron too low. If they were forged I could tweak them, and I did not have this issue with the Apex forged(didnt have to alter lofts). All in all, I personally prefer forged and that will never change. These clubs are quite forgiving and long though, if you like that kind of thing! They also have that compact look of a pro model club. If you are looking for feel and workability though, stick with x-forged or apex forged. Also, the all black rogues that just came out look sick! I have seen them in person, and I am a fan.

On a side note, the rogue subzero driver has been phenomenal. Not only for me, but for many of my members and players I have talked to. I struggled with it for a couple weeks, as the head felt heavier than the previous Callaway models, but now that I have the reps with it, I am having great results. My old go to driver(X2hot pro) has finally been beaten out. The Jailbreak tech is real.

Callaway

. I hit the wedges too high, and the 4/5 iron too low. If they were forged I could tweak them, and I did not have this issue with the Apex forged(didnt have to alter lofts).

Have you tried perhaps the KBS Tour FLT shafts, which are still in the KBS family but be a flighted design to help you get the longer irons in the air and flight the wedges lower?

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a Rogue Pro 3 iron off of CPO and plan on using it for a "driving iron". It's 19 degrees which puts it right in the slot I am looking for. I often play a course with a number of tight par 4s and am hoping this club will be a good choice off those tees.

Taylormade  M Gloire Driver JDM 11.5*  - Speeder Evolution SR

Taylormade  M Gloire Fairway JDM 15* - Speeder Evolution SR

Taylormade Gloire HY U4 JDM 20* - Nippon 950GH S

Callaway  Epic Max Forged JDM 7 - AW - Nippon 950GH S

Callaway  Epic Forged Star JDM SW 55* - Nippon 950GH S

Sonartec  T46b12 JDM LW 60* - TT S200
Royal Collection  East Coast - Miami JDM 

Jones  Rover R Utility

Anyone have trouble holding greens with The Rogue Pros?

I was getting 52-5400 rpm with a 7iron with various shafts.

Has me concerned about stopping 5-7irons, maybe the 8

I was also hitting the Cobra Forged Tec Blacks an getting 62-6400rpm.

Thanks

Rogue ST Max LS Oban Devotion 6/03 10.5, -1* @45.25" 

Paradym 3HL  Kai’li 60 R
Ping G410 19*,  22* & 26* Riptide CB 80 5.5
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-AW, SF i80cw R,  Or Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW, SF i95cw R   
PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20