Srixon XV are awesome

13»

Comments

• wybrhwybrh Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭
    I loaded up on the z-star during the performance pack sale and the Masters sale. Then I tried the XV. Holy crap it's a great ball. So much better in the wind and spins lower, which I like. I guess I'll keep the z's for winter golf and load up on the XV if they have another sale.
  • Chewey85Chewey85 Members Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have extra XV from the sale and wanna get rid of them please shoot me a message
  • Golfer from MOGolfer from MO Members Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zstar xv= truf
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    XV is indeed amazing. It's been a few generations of this ball since I tried it last, but out for 6 holes or so it was pretty much everything you'd want in a ball. I play 90+% of my golf on a tight, windy course with small greens. The ball needs to do a lot of things well to get around.

Only thing I can't quite reconcile right now is 1) I have a stockpile of TP5x and 2) I heavily prefer the sound and feel of the TM ball off the putter. Other than that, the two balls are so far ahead of their competition for me.
    M5 9.0°, 757 
    Steelhead XR 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

X Forged '18  5-P, PX 6.5
    MD Forged 50/54/58
    SM6 62M

Piretti Potenza
    Tour BX

• TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The most durable Tour level ball by a long shot. At the end of the round, even with double digit wedge shots, it looks near new.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • MBBGMBBG Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 6, 2018 #67
    I’m half afraid to even post this here for fear of being mobbed, but I have been working through a dozen of the latest XVs I received in a trade. I’ve played the XV on and off since 2012 and always liked it but have been playing softer balls lately, so have been using the XVs on really hot days (of which we’ve had plenty this summer).

But on several occasions with short irons or wedges, I’ve had well struck shots just completely nose dive. And my playing partners have seen it too. It’s complete bizarre.

Years ago I played the Polara ball for a few rounds just for fun. On my approach shots if I didn’t line it up like it said to off the tee I would see it sometimes just dive out of the sky.

With the XV it kinda looks like a knuckleball but climbs and rises like a normal shot then just abruptly dive bombs towards the ground. I’ve seen it happen 3-4 times now and two different partners have noticed it. These aren’t shots missed off the grooves from the rough.
    EFSZ Triple Diamond 10.5 with HZRDUS Green  
    Taylormade Original One 13.5 HZRDUS Green 
    TEE CBX119 5 Wood with Evenflow White T1100
    Srixon U45 23* with Aerotech i95 S
    Srixon 585/785 combo set with Modus 105 
    Vokey Cold Forged 51/56*, PM Grind 60* Modus 125 Wedge
    Odyssey Works SaberTooth

• drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Revisited the XV this weekend in my club championship. I do like this ball although I’m not sure if I like it more than the Tour B XS. I think the Bridgestone is actually a little longer and def feels softer off of the face. I will say though for being a firmer ball I was really surprised/impressed on the XV’s checking ability on little 5-10 yard pitches. Hit a few that came off hotter than expected but say super quick.
    Ping G410 LST Fujikura EVO IV 661x 
    Ping G400 14.5 Fujikura EVO IV 757x 
    Ping i500 3i Ad 95x
    Ping iBlade DG TI X-100 Black Onyx
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 52/56/60 DG TI S400
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Steath, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
    '19 Pro V1
    Ping LE Camo Hooer '19
  • Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have switched to this ball recently and I particularly love the firmer feel it gives off the putter.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
  • KrizarKrizar Members Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    The XV has been my go to as my RZN tour blacks dwindle out. A great performer with predictable spin around the green.
  • chippa13chippa13 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I've enjoyed the XV, I played a ProV1X yesterday and boy is that thing fantastic.
  • Bar_StrollBar_Stroll Members Posts: 214 ✭✭
    I have always been a super high spin player. I've changed my swing a lot and have gotten the ball down much lower and also recently switched to Rogue Pro which are similar to most irons in that area, lower lofts, high ball speed, lower spin.

Being I've always been a high spin and ballooning shot player in the past I picked up 4 dozen mint Z Star XV's. While over all they are great balls I have finally, through swing change and equipment, hit the lower level of spin with this ball. I was hitting 7 and 8 irons that were knuckling through the air and dropping off the flight peak. I have never even gotten close to getting my spin this low. It was strange to watch and happened multiple times a round the first few rounds.

If you are a high spin player and tend to balloon the ball you definitely need to try these.

I have a bunch of different year (most are the 2017 model though) mint XV's now if anyone wants to trade.
    Taylormade M4 9.5* - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 995 65X
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 3+ - Fujikura Atmos TS Red 8X
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Hybrid - Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X
    Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 130X
    Callaway MD4 50.10S C-Taper 130X
    Callaway MD4, 54.10S and 58.08C - KBS 610
    Bobby Grace "Night and Day"
  • Treyball344Treyball344 Members Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    Just bought 120 of these for $85 so hopefully they'll be decent cuz ill be using them a while
    TAYLORMADE M5 9 degree - Accra TZ6 M5 75
    PING G30 3-Wood - Blue Evo Speeder 7.0
    COBRA F7 3 Hybrid - Hzrdus Black 6.5 85
    SRIXON Z785 4-P - C-Taper 130x
    CLEVELAND RTX 4 - 50, 56, 60 - DG TI S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON - Phantom X 12
    TITLEIST Prov1x 2019
  • GoStarsGoStars Members Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭
    Where did you buy 120 for $85?
  • Treyball344Treyball344 Members Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    GoStars wrote:

Where did you buy 120 for $85?

used mint condition on ebay - came today. Look really clean
    TAYLORMADE M5 9 degree - Accra TZ6 M5 75
    PING G30 3-Wood - Blue Evo Speeder 7.0
    COBRA F7 3 Hybrid - Hzrdus Black 6.5 85
    SRIXON Z785 4-P - C-Taper 130x
    CLEVELAND RTX 4 - 50, 56, 60 - DG TI S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON - Phantom X 12
    TITLEIST Prov1x 2019
  • mcasella08mcasella08 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭✭
    They are $25 on TGW.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,159 ClubWRX
    Just bought a dozen for 29.99. I usually play the Z star, but I thought I'd give the XV another try. Glad I did. This ball was beastly today. Carry and green stoppage were better than I could have expected... I just remember this ball feeling SO firm and crappy off the putter but I may have totally changed my mind after today. May have to grab another dozen at this price.
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76g
    Titleist TS2 15* HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 70g
    Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85s
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT
    Titleist SM6 52/58
    Odyssey PT2 

• elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Titleist rep said to me many moons ago...Srixon are the company we fear the most. We see them as equals in tech and performance.
  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jan 19, 2019 7:28am #79
    They feel like Top Flights to me, at least the last version from a couple years ago did...YMMV
    Ping G400 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0
    Rogue 17* Atmos Blue TS or Xhot 15* OG Blueboard 73s
    G 410 19* Tour 85 R
    Apex  23 & 26 Kuro Kage S
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Modus 105s 
    RTX4 54/10 and 58/8 2 dots
    Bettinardi BB1/ Toulon Madison H1 neck (L)
    Some kind of 3 or 4 piece urethane covered soft feeling ball
  • GolfinPastorGolfinPastor Members Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Has anyone tried the new model of XV yet? I'm beyond ready to try it out!
  • Chopshop23Chopshop23 Members Posts: 97 ✭✭
    I’m really looking forward to testing the new XV. I have a feeling Titleist is going to lose some market share this year
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Chopshop23 wrote:
    I’m really looking forward to testing the new XV. I have a feeling Titleist is going to lose some market share this year

Well Titleist will do ok now the V1 and V1X come in yellow. That being said them offering Yellow was a reaction to years of losing market share to Srixon and Cally
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • BigHook25BigHook25 Members Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    RainShadow wrote:

They feel like Top Flights to me, at least the last version from a couple years ago did...YMMV

They did to me also, but it was the 2016 version I think. I've tried the last few versions and they are much better. A great ball, I could easily play the XV all the time, but I like switching between them and the TP5 and TP5x.
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought 4 dozen at a golf show last night. 2 dozen yellow and 2 dozen white. $20 a dozen!
    PING G410 9* PX Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    PING G410 LST 3w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 5w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 4-PW AWT 2 0 stiff
    PING Stealth Glide 2.0 50ss/54ss/58ss
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • Golfer from MOGolfer from MO Members Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No duh. With tp5 new and Snell mtb 3best balls on market

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights