2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

WITB with MoaningM Betti Tour bag putters and Hickory time.!

Great thread here - played some great courses too!

Are you playing in the South East of England Links Championship in August/September at Royal St. George's and Royal Cinque Ports?

Hi Rob well I am still hoping to I believe I was on the reserve list, the cut must have come in very low!!

Any idea how far I am down the list :(

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you playing in the South East of England Links Championship in August/September at Royal St. George's and Royal Cinque Ports?

Hi Rob well I am still hoping to I believe I was on the reserve list, the cut must have come in very low!!

While on the topic of St George's although slightly aside I played St George's hill in their silver trophy the other day, coirse was fantastic clubhouse unreal everything about the club was perfection. Will sort out some photos in due course but if you get the chance to play don't miss it.

Playing hillside pines this weekend looking forward to it!

Are you playing open week at Tenby this year? Give me a shout if you are!

While on the topic of St George's although slightly aside I played St George's hill in their silver trophy the other day, coirse was fantastic clubhouse unreal everything about the club was perfection. Will sort out some photos in due course but if you get the chance to play don't miss it.

Ah - looks like you're #9 at the moment, 0.2 was the ballot!

Had to miss the Tenby Open week this year, hoping to get there next year, though unlikely! Will do a separate trip if I can't make it work.

Had to miss the Tenby Open week this year, hoping to get there next year, though unlikely! Will do a separate trip if I can't make it work.

Blimey I'm 0.3!! Gutted

If you do come down give me a shout and I'll sort something out! Course is better than it has been in years even with the issues on the 12th which we came close to loosing ! Took almost loosing the hole to finally try and resolve what clearly was an issue! But that's another story :)

Blimey I'm 0.3!! Gutted

If you do come down give me a shout and I'll sort something out! Course is better than it has been in years even with the issues on the 12th which we came close to loosing ! Took almost loosing the hole to finally try and resolve what clearly was an issue! But that's another story :)

Wow - such a testing par 3, haven't been for a couple of years so don't know what the problem was!

Hopefully you get in the field here and we can grab a beer!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rob, not sure if your available Wednesday after 5ish to show me the where's and where not to go's around St George's for a practice round, I certainly could do with the help :) sadly will have to play Royal Cinque Ports blind which possibly may help!!!

Looking forward to playing now!

Thank you Stu, good to hear from you hope all is well!

Few photos from events Ive played in over the past year

Sunningdale, Gerald Micklem over the New Course, fantastic golf course, one of the finest Ive ever played. Stunning Par 3's.

C4949DC4-448A-4459-B91D-ACB5AABA4F7E_zpsbbrueurq.jpg

45793200-5D2A-48F0-80C1-92D63F010143_zpsy7e4q3v0.jpg

B1DEB0A9-0497-468C-82A6-FC6AF1746A20_zpsiudwpp34.jpg

EC93F30B-4B55-4A05-8B8A-2225207B7E47_zpsyxpn7jea.jpg

0ED4E0AB-50C1-4DF8-8E03-3481E8C92DD3_zps7in3st89.jpg

36DF80FE-D284-4ECE-8DC9-3EE93E03811C_zpsu7fjhagh.jpg

The infamous halfway house....

059DB9B6-FBBE-419C-A70B-1024660FB26D_zpszzcnkddf.jpg

Wallasey Golf Club Frank Stableford scratch

FCF08FBF-4B09-46B2-82CB-E049248C4F83_zps3kha5mje.jpg

8B4B36B8-5281-4405-8F7C-26293F2C7E86_zpsngspitmb.jpg

99E853D5-4F80-4610-B5E0-3C6A3D40C819_zps3pxtz42e.jpg

BC783FD5-500F-41CC-9F40-B1E245795AFA_zpsbnjbifkf.jpg

Caldey Golf Club Quartz only the one photo here as it was cold wet and windy, not a day for photos!

0C2C5CEB-2FC6-4DD9-9566-16C7E0A05A8F_zpsrwpfcfpk.jpg

Great photos M. Brign back some memories. Glad you enjoyed Wallasey & Caldy. Only just coming round to this, life getting in the way. Think you'll love Birkdale and Hillside.

Ping Rapture V2 10.5 deg
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Cobra F7 hybrid 22 deg
Srixon 765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 52 & 58
Edel E-2

• 2 months later...

Thank you Stu, good to hear from you hope all is well!

Few photos from events Ive played in over the past year

Sunningdale, Gerald Micklem over the New Course, fantastic golf course, one of the finest Ive ever played. Stunning Par 3's.

C4949DC4-448A-4459-B91D-ACB5AABA4F7E_zpsbbrueurq.jpg

45793200-5D2A-48F0-80C1-92D63F010143_zpsy7e4q3v0.jpg

B1DEB0A9-0497-468C-82A6-FC6AF1746A20_zpsiudwpp34.jpg

EC93F30B-4B55-4A05-8B8A-2225207B7E47_zpsyxpn7jea.jpg

0ED4E0AB-50C1-4DF8-8E03-3481E8C92DD3_zps7in3st89.jpg

36DF80FE-D284-4ECE-8DC9-3EE93E03811C_zpsu7fjhagh.jpg

The infamous halfway house....

059DB9B6-FBBE-419C-A70B-1024660FB26D_zpszzcnkddf.jpg

Wallasey Golf Club Frank Stableford scratch

FCF08FBF-4B09-46B2-82CB-E049248C4F83_zps3kha5mje.jpg

8B4B36B8-5281-4405-8F7C-26293F2C7E86_zpsngspitmb.jpg

99E853D5-4F80-4610-B5E0-3C6A3D40C819_zps3pxtz42e.jpg

BC783FD5-500F-41CC-9F40-B1E245795AFA_zpsbnjbifkf.jpg

Caldey Golf Club Quartz only the one photo here as it was cold wet and windy, not a day for photos!

0C2C5CEB-2FC6-4DD9-9566-16C7E0A05A8F_zpsrwpfcfpk.jpg

Great photos M. Brign back some memories. Glad you enjoyed Wallasey & Caldy. Only just coming round to this, life getting in the way. Think you'll love Birkdale and Hillside.

Hi D

Sadly I didnt get into the Goblet at Birkdale even of 0.2 but did get into Hillside and it was fantastic, started on the 10th, and id read what Greg Norman had said about the back 9 so thought if i can get thro that id be ok, well manged to get thro 12 holes and was just 1 over so was thinking i could post a score but then slightly tweaked me back on 13 and ended up playing the last 7 in 6 over and shot 79! Pulled out of the 2nd round, but absolutely loved the golf course par 3’s were to dream for 10th what a hole to start on, looking forward to watching the british masters there next year.

No South East Links pictures Dave ;)?

Lol, i had a few from the practice round at Royal St Georges but was too bust being beaten up on the day ?

Here are a few from Hillside Royal St Georges and Royal Cinque Ports. All 3 absolutely fantastic courses

8A57E47B-B5A3-4002-97F7-C2F34FC0DF9E_zps1myjipub.jpeg

31172FB4-1E0B-4DC7-A8E0-D61F90C13D2B_zpsyb2w7ydk.jpeg

DB9BD27C-BF8A-456D-9817-C6E81E7BB65C_zps7fbx00mo.jpeg

Royal St Georges

F0485524-751B-4AF6-AF6C-6E43299AD85C_zpst1hnk7me.jpg

1E8E9B41-0A8E-4048-9CE5-D9E3EB639BDB_zpsabjhhg0q.jpg

4A54567C-0F19-4189-A912-0A6ECEF8C3EA_zpsnduywdzt.jpg

E2065F26-BCEA-4DE3-BCDD-D9C0A84F7B4D_zpsftkpvq0i.jpg

B3F0E477-5771-4438-AED9-9EEB30D3994B_zpsbzm3rj8q.jpg

2E47697C-484A-46A7-B8A7-B9B1DC0F765D_zpskzvsitbp.jpg

3557002A-CF0E-4D3B-A0EF-61A3509B1692_zpsvuxdm0zc.jpg

F184D028-CFDC-4288-8297-AA7E29C06AFE_zps2ambwdz6.jpg

Royal Cinque Ports, one of yours truly, as can be seen thankfully the photographer has better skills than I.

BB42A849-8EA1-4B53-A34B-C39E79BBED0C_zpshkaz4gua.png

039B48CC-A60E-461A-9F2D-F573418124C9_zpstm4a7ukk.png

Very cool Witb ! I enjoyed checking it out ??

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

• 1 month later...

For the last few years Ive been playing in a few events around the UK and wondered what I could get from each venue as a memento. I know a lot of people buy markers divot tools etc but for me it seems to have become headcovers, and or tote bags! Here are a few...

04E7A235-DDB9-4EFB-9E42-CEC33C45AF23_zpsnoy4fber.jpg

D4ACEE5B-FEEA-44BF-B149-6B731B670B47_zpswzbdpne4.jpg

4B9ED16D-D15E-4F36-8DA8-06865CB81971_zpsn8hkt2es.jpg

You cant beat a links and Kings tote bag, beautifull.

As always nice and interesting stuff from you----

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

As always nice and interesting stuff from you----

Thank you Stu,

Well managed to play Today, and decided to take out two drivers and 2 putters, this was my late 1980’s /90’s themed bag, played half decent had two dirty doubles in a 74 but drove the ball very well with both drivers, but the irons today compared to last week made a huge difference.

Titleist 681’s 4-PW

Ping eye2 2 iron

Titleist 60 degree wedge

Callaway driver

Late 80’s Nicklaus driver

Taylomade spoon 3w

TP Mills handmade putter

PLOP putter

2B16E50C-C11A-451B-9542-2598CACEA410_zpsgpuxbsyx.jpg

Bag used Boxing day, didnt play particuarly great irons are a good 1.5 inches shorter than standard today, and lofts are hugely different i found it was 2-3 clubs different. Shot 78 which wasnt too bad didnt get on with either putter.

Callaway great big bertha driver

Harry Busson driver

Joe powell 3 and 5 wood

Macgregor colokrom irons 3-PW late 1950’s early 60’s ? Anyone know?

Ping Karsten I 2 iron

IMG putter

John letters golden goose

EE832BC0-9224-4E9C-B3F7-B6FA1E77EB49_zpsopm8vvhd.jpg

1B1E94D5-74ED-4833-9E95-87072C5E6DFC_zpsb4uneszb.jpg

0A306F36-C5D2-4695-A3B8-39626DB6E7B4_zpshed8ybqz.jpg

Just had a 'skim' through this whole thread to remind me, as it's been a long time. I say skim; because being pretty simple myself i was mesmerized by most of the pictures and didn't do much reading. However eloquent the write-up :cheesy:

Seriously: Total Golf Paraphernalia owned; must rank second only to the British Golf Museum. Or are they second only to you........

I LOVE some of the players own clubs such as Woosie / Maruman stuff, the Rextar 11's with FALDO on the side are soooooooo awesome [As a golf ball freak and absolute lover of these when they came out......] i can't even begin to tell you. And the 'newly' started collection of leather Headcovers / Tote bags is really cool indeed. As far as 'trinkets go.....right up my street !

And i take it the latest pics were taken at Nefyn too ? Man that looks awesome. Raw, natural, testing, breath-taking, unmolested, enticing etc etc etc. I have a mate who'd love to get beaten to s*** here too. I feel a phone call and a road-trip coming....

Good golfing in 2019 my friend.

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

Just had a 'skim' through this whole thread to remind me, as it's been a long time. I say skim; because being pretty simple myself i was mesmerized by most of the pictures and didn't do much reading. However eloquent the write-up :cheesy:

Seriously: Total Golf Paraphernalia owned; must rank second only to the British Golf Museum. Or are they second only to you........

I LOVE some of the players own clubs such as Woosie / Maruman stuff, the Rextar 11's with FALDO on the side are soooooooo awesome [As a golf ball freak and absolute lover of these when they came out......] i can't even begin to tell you. And the 'newly' started collection of leather Headcovers / Tote bags is really cool indeed. As far as 'trinkets go.....right up my street !

And i take it the latest pics were taken at Nefyn too ? Man that looks awesome. Raw, natural, testing, breath-taking, unmolested, enticing etc etc etc. I have a mate who'd love to get beaten to s*** here too. I feel a phone call and a road-trip coming....

Lol, no not Nefyn, Tenby other end of the principality :) but yes your more than welcome down anytime, easier to get to than Nefyn as well, views not as good admittedly but a better golf course! Obv aimo ;)

Do you still have the Ping ball collection, now that is an awesome collection, are you missing any at all now?

The UK get together seems to be picking up nicely sounds like there maybe quite a few.

Lol, no not Nefyn, Tenby other end of the principality :) but yes your more than welcome down anytime, easier to get to than Nefyn as well, views not as good admittedly but a better golf course! Obv aimo ;)

Do you still have the Ping ball collection, now that is an awesome collection, are you missing any at all now?

The UK get together seems to be picking up nicely sounds like there maybe quite a few.

I do apologise. I didn't and certainly didn't mean to make it look like i was inviting myself for a game (Much as i'd obviously love that !). I meant - i can see this appearing in our schedule in the near future for a road-trip :-)

Yes i am playing a bit. Which is more than the last few years. And enjoying it. So much so me and my best bud do have a couple of 'holidays' booked with Golf Breaks. And hence why i said i can see your part of the World happening. Not been anywhere near there before armed with golf-bats !

Yes the UK meet looks like it will happen for sure. Nearly 20 expressed an interest so far. Think i'll start getting the feelers out very soon ref venues and pricing. Should be a cracking meet if we can actually get at least those sorts of numbers to attend........

Yes the Ping ball collection is most certainly still going. With a passion. We have approx 165 unique colours combinations now; and very near 500 on display to take in various different colour scripts, some 'doubles of same balls in Eye and Eye2, various Prototypes, Family Weddings / Birthday celebrations balls etc. Things pretty slow now though as i'm sure you imagine.

Sorry to clog-up your thread. I'm done :-)

What about you. What do you have planned this year golf-wise ? Much serious / competitive golf lined up and entered for ?

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

I do apologise. I didn't and certainly didn't mean to make it look like i was inviting myself for a game (Much as i'd obviously love that !). I meant - i can see this appearing in our schedule in the near future for a road-trip :-)

Yes i am playing a bit. Which is more than the last few years. And enjoying it. So much so me and my best bud do have a couple of 'holidays' booked with Golf Breaks. And hence why i said i can see your part of the World happening. Not been anywhere near there before armed with golf-bats !

Yes the UK meet looks like it will happen for sure. Nearly 20 expressed an interest so far. Think i'll start getting the feelers out very soon ref venues and pricing. Should be a cracking meet if we can actually get at least those sorts of numbers to attend........

Yes the Ping ball collection is most certainly still going. With a passion. We have approx 165 unique colours combinations now; and very near 500 on display to take in various different colour scripts, some 'doubles of same balls in Eye and Eye2, various Prototypes, Family Weddings / Birthday celebrations balls etc. Things pretty slow now though as i'm sure you imagine.

Sorry to clog-up your thread. I'm done :-)

What about you. What do you have planned this year golf-wise ? Much serious / competitive golf lined up and entered for ?

Lol, seriously the invite is there, ill even put you up, you just say when!

You have any uptodate pics of those ping golf balls, its one collection ive stayed away from so far, have been tempted on numerous occassions, i have 10 or 12 of them but never taken it further, but I just know its just round the corner!

Yes plan on playing a few this year looking at the Formby Hare which is April time, maybe another up that way, possibly Liphook which ive heard is class and we have the Welsh Amateur down with us.

Yourself? You looking to play in much?