Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

Not sure! I've not played GVR since last summer, so I may try there. That, or just look for a deal somewhere around town. I'm not opposed to playing places I haven't seen before, provided the price isn't too crazy. Any ideas?

Well, if you want to play GVR, I think I've got a coupon left for a guest to get the discount rate from the Player's Club package I did this year. I'll check back in with you in a few days once tee times are opened up.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven’t swung a club in 9 days....I know that’s nothing for some of you, but I’m hoping this time off does me some good. I think I’m going to hit the range Thursday evening. Lots of golf coming up this weekend

We might have an opening or two in my Thursday night league at South Suburban if you're interested.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

We have two spots (maybe three) for South Suburban this Thursday evening. 4:51, 5:00, and 5:18 (we're going to try to convince the 5:09 group to swap with us). Walking rate is $22-24 depending on whether the employee is nice enough to put us down as a guest of an SSPRD employee that is playing with the group.

We dropped a tee time, so we're now full at 8 players.

It's a fun group of guys; unfortunately, you'd get paired up with me. :)

We have two spots (maybe three) for South Suburban this Thursday evening. 4:51, 5:00, and 5:18 (we're going to try to convince the 5:09 group to swap with us). Walking rate is $22-24 depending on whether the employee is nice enough to put us down as a guest of an SSPRD employee that is playing with the group.

It's a fun group of guys; unfortunately, you'd get paired up with me. :)

If I'm getting paired with you... I'm not playing! LOL.

I'd love to play, but I have an appointment on Thursday evening. Thanks for the offer!

Oh man, those new Mizuno irons....anyone want to buy some Apex CF 16s from me?!?!

Best place for a Mizuno fitting? I think I saw that Weitzel had a Mizuno cart when I was last there...

My wife would kill me. May still be worth it.

Oooooo I agree on tours...!!! Even went by Golf Galaxy by Park Meadows today to see them. They said 2 more weeks even though they are released online???

Anyone ever played Haymaker up in Steamboat? We're headed up that way for the long weekend, and I lined up a tee time to play it on Saturday. The website has a couple little snippets about each hole, and has some good photos. Just wondering if anyone has any local knowledge I should be aware of? I'm pretty excited to get to check it out.

Oh man, those new Mizuno irons....anyone want to buy some Apex CF 16s from me?!?!

Best place for a Mizuno fitting? I think I saw that Weitzel had a Mizuno cart when I was last there...

Oooooo I agree on tours...!!! Even went by Golf Galaxy by Park Meadows today to see them. They said 2 more weeks even though they are released online???

No clue, although I think for now just the fitting stuff is available and they won't actually be shipping until mid September.

The official retail release date is 9/10, so I suspect the online sites are pre-selling and nobody is going to be getting them before that date.

Also for anyone considering the 919 forged, my golf spy has a full write up on it and the 919 tour and 919 hot metal. They said the 919 forged is just slightly less forgiving than the older 900 forged due to the smaller blade length. The 900 forged could be a really good buy depending upon what anyone left with new sets is selling them for now. I doubt the average player will notice much of a difference between the two.

https://Not allowed because of spam.co...9-irons-review/

Anyone ever played Haymaker up in Steamboat? We're headed up that way for the long weekend, and I lined up a tee time to play it on Saturday. The website has a couple little snippets about each hole, and has some good photos. Just wondering if anyone has any local knowledge I should be aware of? I'm pretty excited to get to check it out.

We got rained out on the back 9, but it's a very nice course. Not much elevation change like many other mountain courses.

We may be heading there late September, wondering about it or Rollingstone Ranch? Likely pick up a couple golf passports for the trip.

Contrary to what I said a little bit earlier, we had another guy bail yesterday for our Thursday night league. Thanks to seven dewey for being a last-minute substitute. We were paired up against each other, and it was a hard-fought match coming down to a 5-foot, downhill-ish putt on the 9th hole. I shot a craptacular 43 with 22 putts (including three consecutive three-putts). My driver was in much better shape, but I continue to have a block party with the majority of my approach shots. But, yeah, my putting sucks something awful.

Yeah, they do look nice. I really like the tour's but don't have the game for them. Not sure if the forged would be much of an upgrade from the 900F I currently play.

Does anyone play the Mizzy CLK hybrids? Might be in line for a hybrid upgrade.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

The official retail release date is 9/10, so I suspect the online sites are pre-selling and nobody is going to be getting them before that date.

Also for anyone considering the 919 forged, my golf spy has a full write up on it and the 919 tour and 919 hot metal. They said the 919 forged is just slightly less forgiving than the older 900 forged due to the smaller blade length. The 900 forged could be a really good buy depending upon what anyone left with new sets is selling them for now. I doubt the average player will notice much of a difference between the two.

I currently have the 900 Tours and they are amazing but the grooves are starting to wear. A mixed set with the 4 and possibly 5 iron being forged and the rest tours sounds way too tempting...

I'd love the test out and see the difference between the JPX 919 Tours and the MP-18 Muscle Backs.

I don't know why, but my eye has always been drawn closer to the MP series than JPX.

Because the MP line has always been gorgeous and simple. I almost got the MP5 when I ended up with my 850. Don't regret it, but they were super pretty, and a little extra distance doesn't hurt.

We may be heading there late September, wondering about it or Rollingstone Ranch? Likely pick up a couple golf passports for the trip.

I didn’t play Rolling Stone, but did drive by it. It’s just up the road from the place we’re staying for the weekend. Looks nice enough. It definitely appears to fit the mold of a resort course. Cart I think would have to be mandatory due to the topography. It winds between some of the big ski homes going up the hill.

Just got back in from playing 36 today at Haymaker. I really enjoyed it and will definitely come back. It was about 200 to play and walk 36 in one day. I think it was 124 for the first round and 69 for replay rate.

The course is all down in the valley, so it doesn’t really play like a “mountain” course. There’s some rolling elevation changes to provide some interest, but there’s not any 100+ ft elevated downhill tee shots. I’d say it’s pretty similar in style to someplace like Riverdale Dunes. Maybe a little more width, so the native grass is less in play and less penal. Good mix of holes as far a length is concerned. A couple blind shots and a few quirks that you figure out after the first playing, but nothing I would consider stupid or unfair.

Played the morning round with 3 local retired guys. They were playing the white tees (61-6200 or so). Having never played the course, I just joined the there. I didn’t want to be “that guy” with the ego that had too play further back. It was a really fun round. Played ok, but had trouble putting. Also had 3 blowup holes. Finished in 3:50 all walking with push carts. There’s nothing better than being the first group out.

Second round moved back and played combo set of tees playing about 64-6500. Hit the ball a lot better and putted better, but still killed my round with a stupid double on par 3 5th, and a triple on par 4 15th. Shot 83 (42/41). The golds are 6700, and I’d probably play those next time. Some of the holes where we played the up tee left som odd wedge distance, but to lay back would be a weird angle.

Being 3.5 hours from Denver, it’s a hike. Wouldn’t go up to just play 18 and turn around. But it’s definitely a good place to go up and maybe spend a night and play 36. We’re up here for the long weekend... today was my golf day and tomorrow planning on going hiking. I can definitely see myself trying to get up here once a season.

I didn’t play Rolling Stone, but did drive by it. It’s just up the road from the place we’re staying for the weekend. Looks nice enough. It definitely appears to fit the mold of a resort course. Cart I think would have to be mandatory due to the topography. It winds between some of the big ski homes going up the hill.

Just got back in from playing 36 today at Haymaker. I really enjoyed it and will definitely come back. It was about 200 to play and walk 36 in one day. I think it was 124 for the first round and 69 for replay rate.

The course is all down in the valley, so it doesn’t really play like a “mountain” course. There’s some rolling elevation changes to provide some interest, but there’s not any 100+ ft elevated downhill tee shots. I’d say it’s pretty similar in style to someplace like Riverdale Dunes. Maybe a little more width, so the native grass is less in play and less penal. Good mix of holes as far a length is concerned. A couple blind shots and a few quirks that you figure out after the first playing, but nothing I would consider stupid or unfair.

Played the morning round with 3 local retired guys. They were playing the white tees (61-6200 or so). Having never played the course, I just joined the there. I didn’t want to be “that guy” with the ego that had too play further back. It was a really fun round. Played ok, but had trouble putting. Also had 3 blowup holes. Finished in 3:50 all walking with push carts. There’s nothing better than being the first group out.

Second round moved back and played combo set of tees playing about 64-6500. Hit the ball a lot better and putted better, but still killed my round with a stupid double on par 3 5th, and a triple on par 4 15th. Shot 83 (42/41). The golds are 6700, and I’d probably play those next time. Some of the holes where we played the up tee left som odd wedge distance, but to lay back would be a weird angle.

Being 3.5 hours from Denver, it’s a hike. Wouldn’t go up to just play 18 and turn around. But it’s definitely a good place to go up and maybe spend a night and play 36. We’re up here for the long weekend... today was my golf day and tomorrow planning on going hiking. I can definitely see myself trying to get up here once a season.

Thanks.

Played from the tips (not Colorado Open tees) at GVR yesterday. We typically play from the gold tees with FRGC, so it was nice to be able to use my driver on the majority of the holes.

Shot an okay 85 with a 9 on the 18th hole. I hit all fairways on the front 9; pretty much my only bad drives of the day were on 10, 16, and 18. I did stick my 199yd shot to 4 feet on 17, and sank the birdie, so that was nice. The most frustrating part of the day was when the pin was on the right side of the green, my draw put the ball in the center/left side. When the pin was on the left side of the green, I blocked my approach shot so the ball ended up on the far right side of the green.

The other three guys in my foursome introduced me to the game called Banker. Holy crap. I think you need a PhD in Quantum Mathematics to run it.

The next time I swing a club probably won't be until the 15th when we play at Indian Peaks. I always play well there, so it will give me a good chance to move up the rankings.

Had an awesome day out at the Dunes yesterday. Hit 11/14 fairways and 12/18 greens, which is really good for me. Shot 75, with three 3-putts and a penalty stroke on the card. It's funny, I was sticking things inside 10 feet with full irons...but once I got inside 75 yards for a 1/2 or 3/4 wedge...I'd legit shank every single one and miss the green. Like, 60 yards left, and I'd miss the green....but from 150 yards out, I'd stick it to like 5 feet. I either need to start taking some wedge lessons, or take less off the tee to leave myself with a full swing in.

The last event of the GolfWeek thing is in two weeks, a 2 day event at GVR. Which means I'm going to go out and play a practice round this weekend. Booked 3:01pm for Sunday ($48 sounds much better than $79). If anyone wants to join, there are still 3 spots open for that time!

Posted in another thread...

TPC Colorado is officially open to public play. Any time after 12pm.

Posted in another thread...

TPC Colorado is officially open to public play. Any time after 12pm.

So just looked at the website to see fee (could not find?) but looking at the hole by hole photos.... Maybe its just the photos are not good and the course is so new it, if I did not know better it looked like Saddleback =) Again just from the photos.....

Anyone have any thoughts on whether it's worth playing now or waiting until everything is finished? From what I understand the clubhouse and practice green isn't open yet. Is there a driving range at least that's open?

To me, it would be. But that's only because I'm constantly running late and never have warm-up time to begin with. I'm also too cheap and only hit range balls if they come included with the green fees.

Also, has anyone ever purchased a full club on eBay just for a shaft? Because I just did. Titleist 913D3 with a Tour AD shaft that I plan on pulling out and using in a 3 wood. They had it listed for $100, when the shaft alone goes for more than that. So...why not? Haha

Anyone have any thoughts on whether it's worth playing now or waiting until everything is finished? From what I understand the clubhouse and practice green isn't open yet. Is there a driving range at least that's open?

I'd definitely be interested in playing regardless of the practice situation.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

I currently have the 900 Tours and they are amazing but the grooves are starting to wear. A mixed set with the 4 and possibly 5 iron being forged and the rest tours sounds way too tempting...

I'm planning on going Mizuno/Vokey or srixon/cleveland for new irons this off season. At this point I need to go in and hit both. I always tell myself I'm going with easier to hit and end up trying to see how many blades I can fit in to a combo set before I'm an idiot. Curious how the mizunos hit because I thought the 900 tours were not very forgiving at all and that's from playing a Titliest CB/MB combo.

To me, it would be. But that's only because I'm constantly running late and never have warm-up time to begin with. I'm also too cheap and only hit range balls if they come included with the green fees.

Also, has anyone ever purchased a full club on eBay just for a shaft? Because I just did. Titleist 913D3 with a Tour AD shaft that I plan on pulling out and using in a 3 wood. They had it listed for $100, when the shaft alone goes for more than that. So...why not? Haha

I’ve done that several times. Makes perfect sense. Find a shaft you can stick in there, sell it, and you can almost end up with the shaft for free.

I'm planning on going Mizuno/Vokey or srixon/cleveland for new irons this off season. At this point I need to go in and hit both. I always tell myself I'm going with easier to hit and end up trying to see how many blades I can fit in to a combo set before I'm an idiot. Curious how the mizunos hit because I thought the 900 tours were not very forgiving at all and that's from playing a Titliest CB/MB combo.

If you've never hit the Mizuno wedges, give them a try. Love that blue finish option and they have the same feel as the irons. They don't have all the different grind options Vokey and Cleveland have though.

If you've never hit the Mizuno wedges, give them a try. Love that blue finish option and they have the same feel as the irons. They don't have all the different grind options Vokey and Cleveland have though.

I played Cleveland all through college and then switched to Vokey and have played those for the last 10 years and haven't really thought twice about it. I tend to be pretty neutral with bounces and stuff. I like the raw finish but hate paying Vokey prices. I've never hit the Mizunos, probably should try them but the wedges are definitely a finicky spot in my bag. Tend to like to see the same thing.

Also, I have more clubs breaking from my D'Lance Titleist build from February 2016. I've never had club issues in my entire life and have had these things falling apart like I bought them at Walmart.