Putting your name on your bag?

2»
2

Comments

  • kulreign50kulreign50 Members  259WRX Points: 46Handicap: 8Posts: 259 Greens
    Joined:  #32
    It’s YOUR bag, and if you want whatever on it , your name , your kids name, etc that’s your choice ..I have all of the above on mine. I’m not a pro , I’m just a regular guy who loves my little girl and likes my own name on the bag I bought. Simple.
    Posted:
    G400 SFT
    G400 SFT 5 wood 
    G400 22 degree hybrid 
    G400 5-SW
    Glide stealth /58es
    PING VAULT 2.0 CRAZ-EE Stealth 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Katke87Katke87 Members  162WRX Points: 53Handicap: 9Posts: 162 Fairways
    Joined:  #33
    If you can break 70 regularly, go for it
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic driver, 13.5° set at 14.5° Diamana M40, A flex
    Callaway Epic 5 wood, 18° set at 19°, Diamana M40, A flex
    King Cobra F7 3h (19°), Fujikura Pro 75H, A flex
    King Cobra Baffler 4h (23°) & 5h (26°), Aldila NV-HL, A flex
    Titleist 718 AP1, 6-gap wedge, Tensei CK series, A flex
    Callaway 2017 PM Grind 56°/13° & 60°/10°, KBS Tour-V, wedge flex
    All grips Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0, Bettinardi/Lamkin deep etch grip
    Ping Hoofer bag
    Headcovers Stitch, HeadGear, Jan Craig, Fore Ewe, Winston Collection
    Titleist Pro V1X
    Rovic & Clicgear push carts
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  13025WRX Points: 3,989Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,025 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #34
    BryanFTW wrote:
    <br />
    So you're telling me its not weird for me to be using my high school team bag as a 24 year old?? My ping hoofer is a tank. It's even been run over by a cart and it's still going strong.<br />
    **** no--- Dig this--- I am 61 years old and I am carrying a Ping Hoofer that from what I can tell is one of the original ones--- It is blue and white has a school logo "W" on the ball pocket and "Eagles" on the side. Do not have any idea what school it is if it is high school or college--- I got it at Good Will about a month ago for $9.95 and it is in pristine shape. Legs work great and all the zippers do too--- No one has asked me about the "Eagles" yet but then again most of the locals around here know me and know I have a bunch of bags and stuff and the tourons are either too drunk or stupid to notice. Hey it fits my needs and that is what counts<br />
    <br />
    OP - I do not see anything wrong with one having their name or logo on any type of bag. Hey it is a free country and golf is an individual sport so do what makes you happy
    Posted:

    Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  13025WRX Points: 3,989Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,025 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #35
    tangojay wrote:
    <br />
    ATTENTION GOLF DIGEST:<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Articles like this, is the reason I stop my subscription 10 years ago! <br />
    <br />
    Your more than welcome to tell me how to set up MY bag when YOU start paying for what is in it.<br />
    Very well said--- Sir you get my best Navy salute!!! Further more I guess they would flip out if they saw my bag yep what is in my signature for real
    Posted:

    Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

  • llamontllamont Members  1912WRX Points: 164Posts: 1,912 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jun 10, 2018 #36
    Publications like GD have been writing articles in support of growing the game for years AND then they turn around and write some BS piece, that is complete snobbery, by shaming non-elite golfers by telling them that getting your name stitched on your bag is some sort of unwritten golf etiquette faux pas or something... I played for a small NAIA university way back when and I still have my bags. At 36 I don’t see it any different than folks who have retail bags that proudly display their alma maters or favorite professional organizations/teams.<br />
    <br />
    In a game where individual club fittings and customized equipment is advertised and encouraged I don’t see why personalizing bags, or other accessories for that matter, are a big deal.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    I love golf
  • tangojaytangojay Members  1063WRX Points: 188Posts: 1,063 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #37
    BIG STU wrote:
    <br />
    tangojay wrote:
    <br />
    ATTENTION GOLF DIGEST:<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Articles like this, is the reason I stop my subscription 10 years ago! <br />
    <br />
    Your more than welcome to tell me how to set up MY bag when YOU start paying for what is in it.<br />
    Very well said--- Sir you get my best Navy salute!!! Further more I guess they would flip out if they saw my bag yep what is in my signature for real<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    My best USAF salute right back at ya (I know, I know,,, we are not the most military branch of DOD!) ,,, would still use my old white vinyl PING Bag with my name on it had the ex not "lost" it during the divorce!!!
    Posted:


  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  13025WRX Points: 3,989Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,025 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #38
    llamont wrote:
    <br />
    Publications like GD have been writing articles in support of growing the game for years AND then they turn around and write some BS piece, that is complete snobbery, by shaming non-elite golfers by telling them that getting your name stitched on your bag is some sort of unwritten golf etiquette faux pas or something... I played for a small NAIA university way back when and I still have my bags. At 36 I don't see it any different than folks who have retail bags that proudly display their alma maters or favorite professional organizations/teams.<br />
    <br />
    In a game where individual club fittings and customized equipment is advertised and encouraged I don't see why personalizing bags, or other accessories for that matter, are a big deal.<br />
    Correct all the way around--- That last paragraph you wrote says it all--- The whole deal in a nutshell is called flip flopping or to really be strong hypocrisy. IMHO one having their name on their bag is no different than someone having say a Green Bay Packers or NY Giants themed bag. Hey whatever floats one's boat
    Posted:

    Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  13025WRX Points: 3,989Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,025 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #39
    tangojay wrote:
    <br />
    BIG STU wrote:
    <br />
    tangojay wrote:
    <br />
    ATTENTION GOLF DIGEST:<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Articles like this, is the reason I stop my subscription 10 years ago! <br />
    <br />
    Your more than welcome to tell me how to set up MY bag when YOU start paying for what is in it.<br />
    Very well said--- Sir you get my best Navy salute!!! Further more I guess they would flip out if they saw my bag yep what is in my signature for real<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    My best USAF salute right back at ya (I know, I know,,, we are not the most military branch of DOD!) ,,, would still use my old white vinyl PING Bag with my name on it had the ex not "lost" it during the divorce!!!<br />
    Well they may not be the most "correct" military branch of the DOD but dammed if they can't drop some nasty mess from high and far away places while not being seen <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Posted:

    Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

  • IsleOfManIsleOfMan Members  2309WRX Points: 40Handicap: 10Posts: 2,309 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #40
    I read the article and the whole thing came off as superficial clickbait. As to the question, I'd probably feel like a tool taking a staff bag with tour/pro-style name lettering on it, but I'd probably feel like a tool with any staff bag on course... but I used to have a staff bag holding my backups as display in my office, and that'd be a pretty sweet place to have one with the name lettering and my company logo (and maybe bust it out for work-related scrambles and the like).
    Posted:
    Cobra King F8+ Driver 10.5* | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S
    Cobra King F8 3/4w 14.5* | Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
    Cobra King F8 5/6w 17.5* | Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font] 4h 22* | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S
    Cobra Bio Cell + 5i - Gw | TT Dynalite Gold XP S300
    Cobra King WideLow 56* & 60* | TT Dynamic Gold S200
    Cleveland TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB Putter | 35" Counterbalance
    Ogio OZone Cart | Ogio Shredder Stand | Orlimar Pitch & Putt Stand
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  13025WRX Points: 3,989Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,025 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #41
    IsleOfMan wrote:
    <br />
    I read the article and the whole thing came off as superficial clickbait. As to the question, I'd probably feel like a tool taking a staff bag with tour/pro-style name lettering on it, but I'd probably feel like a tool with any staff bag on course... but I used to have a staff bag holding my backups as display in my office, and that'd be a pretty sweet place to have one with the name lettering and my company logo (and maybe bust it out for work-related scrambles and the like).<br />
    Lots of people do that very thing especially if they own the company--- Bust out the staff bag with the lettering for company related scrambles or business related golf--- IMHO nothing wrong with that either
    Posted:

    Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

  • disco111disco111 Members  1264WRX Points: 357Handicap: 7Posts: 1,264 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #42
    BIG STU wrote:
    <br />
    BryanFTW wrote:
    <br />
    So you're telling me its not weird for me to be using my high school team bag as a 24 year old?? My ping hoofer is a tank. It's even been run over by a cart and it's still going strong.<br />
    **** no--- Dig this--- I am 61 years old and I am carrying a Ping Hoofer that from what I can tell is one of the original ones--- It is blue and white has a school logo "W" on the ball pocket and "Eagles" on the side. Do not have any idea what school it is if it is high school or college--- I got it at Good Will about a month ago for $9.95 and it is in pristine shape. Legs work great and all the zippers do too--- No one has asked me about the "Eagles" yet but then again most of the locals around here know me and know I have a bunch of bags and stuff and the tourons are either too drunk or stupid to notice. Hey it fits my needs and that is what counts<br />
    <br />
    OP - I do not see anything wrong with one having their name or logo on any type of bag. Hey it is a free country and golf is an individual sport so do what makes you happy<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I'm with you Stu, I did the same thing as you. Found a nice HS / College PING Hoofer bag at the local GW for $7 bucks. Has a school name on one side and a players name on the other. But now when I use it I have to wear my wife's cut offs and a wig, cause the name on it was Linda S. I can hit from the ladies tees though, so that's a plus............. <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • NickasInSaltLickNickasInSaltLick Members  49WRX Points: 0Handicap: 0.8Posts: 49
    Joined:  #43
    Yeah, do what makes you happy. I've had personalized bags going all the way back to my college playing days, and I don't mind getting a little goofy out there.<br />
    bag.jpg
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M4 (Tensei Blue 60)
    3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ
    Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3
    5-PW: TayloMade P790 (TT S300 DG105, 3* Flat)
    48*: Callaway Vintage Forged +
    52*, 56*: Callaway X Forged Vintage
    60: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled
    Putter: Ping Stainless Anser 2, Ping Stainless B60, Odyssey White Hot 2Ball Blade, Odyssey White Steel Rossie, 1979 TaylorMade Heel Shafted Blade (I keep them in rotation until one quits working.)
    Ball: Vice Pro Soft Lime
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members  6818WRX Points: 86Handicap: 9.8Posts: 6,818 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #44
    Having your name on your bag is great - I did it to keep away a potential theft - tough to sell a bag with someone else's name on it.
    Posted:
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

    Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EXS 220 16.5 wd, 19 Hy, PXG 22 Hy ● Mizuno HotMetalPro 5i/Accra i70 ● Mizuno 919F 6-PW/Accra i80 ● Mizuno MP T20 48, 53, 58 ●SeeMore Nashville
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  13025WRX Points: 3,989Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,025 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #45
    disco111 wrote:
    <br />
    BIG STU wrote:
    <br />
    BryanFTW wrote:
    <br />
    So you're telling me its not weird for me to be using my high school team bag as a 24 year old?? My ping hoofer is a tank. It's even been run over by a cart and it's still going strong.<br />
    **** no--- Dig this--- I am 61 years old and I am carrying a Ping Hoofer that from what I can tell is one of the original ones--- It is blue and white has a school logo "W" on the ball pocket and "Eagles" on the side. Do not have any idea what school it is if it is high school or college--- I got it at Good Will about a month ago for $9.95 and it is in pristine shape. Legs work great and all the zippers do too--- No one has asked me about the "Eagles" yet but then again most of the locals around here know me and know I have a bunch of bags and stuff and the tourons are either too drunk or stupid to notice. Hey it fits my needs and that is what counts<br />
    <br />
    OP - I do not see anything wrong with one having their name or logo on any type of bag. Hey it is a free country and golf is an individual sport so do what makes you happy<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I'm with you Stu, I did the same thing as you. Found a nice HS / College PING Hoofer bag at the local GW for $7 bucks. Has a school name on one side and a players name on the other. But now when I use it I have to wear my wife's cut offs and a wig, cause the name on it was Linda S. I can hit from the ladies tees though, so that's a plus............. <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' /><br />
    There you go--- I do rock pink laces in one solid white pair of FJs but I bought them from a young lady selling them for Breast Cancer Awareness---- One of those nosy old **** retirees around my club made a crack and I gave him my do not mess with me growl and told him " I lost a Son to cancer and I will do anything I can to help others with any type of cancer" that is entirely true. That same young lady was giving out sunglasses at a charity event for the same cause. I bought a pair of the pink and black framed ones Blues brothers style and rocked them. Heck tell someone if they question you on the bag that is one of your old girlfriends and she now plays on the LPGA some but of course cut your current wife in on the joke
    Posted:

    Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  13025WRX Points: 3,989Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,025 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #46
    <br />
    Yeah, do what makes you happy. I've had personalized bags going all the way back to my college playing days, and I don't mind getting a little goofy out there.<br />
    bag.jpg<br />
    NICE bag!! Heck I would rock it even with your name on it LOL!! Besides from your handicap IF anyone makes a smart comment I would say you have the game to back it up
    Posted:

    Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

  • forgedforeverforgedforever Members  1752WRX Points: 124Posts: 1,752 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #47
    dbdors wrote:
    <br />
    I guess this makes me a dope:<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Very classy!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • NickasInSaltLickNickasInSaltLick Members  49WRX Points: 0Handicap: 0.8Posts: 49
    Joined:  #48
    BIG STU wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    Yeah, do what makes you happy. I've had personalized bags going all the way back to my college playing days, and I don't mind getting a little goofy out there.<br />
    bag.jpg<br />
    NICE bag!! Heck I would rock it even with your name on it LOL!! Besides from your handicap IF anyone makes a smart comment I would say you have the game to back it up<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks man! I was hoping TM would do the paisley pattern in purple so I could do a Prince tribute bag, but alas, blue was all they have.
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M4 (Tensei Blue 60)
    3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ
    Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3
    5-PW: TayloMade P790 (TT S300 DG105, 3* Flat)
    48*: Callaway Vintage Forged +
    52*, 56*: Callaway X Forged Vintage
    60: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled
    Putter: Ping Stainless Anser 2, Ping Stainless B60, Odyssey White Hot 2Ball Blade, Odyssey White Steel Rossie, 1979 TaylorMade Heel Shafted Blade (I keep them in rotation until one quits working.)
    Ball: Vice Pro Soft Lime
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX  2217WRX Points: 291Handicap: 15Posts: 2,217 ClubWRX
    Joined:  edited Jul 31, 2018 #49
    <br />
    dbdors wrote:
    <br />
    I guess this makes me a dope:<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Very classy!<br />
    <br />
    Thanks. I have an update. I had to get rid of the Ogio bag. I replaced it with a 2018 Ping Hoofer. I dropped the font size down a bit. And I used a gray color for the 2 this time.<br />
    <br />
    Posted:

    Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6 S, TM M5, 13*, MC Diamana Thump 75 S
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 119 19*, 22*, Project X EvenFlow Blue Hybrid 85 6.0
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 55*, 60*, Accra 80i
    Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2 blacked out, KBS CT Tour, 355g, 33”, SS Mid-slim 2.0
    Ball: Maxfli Tour
    Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid/BagBoy Quad XL
    Accessories: SkyCaddie SX400/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • MychMych Members  2212WRX Points: 411Posts: 2,212 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Aug 31, 2018 #50
    I have a removable pocket that's begging for embroidery, but I haven't done it for the same reason that I don't generally use personalized balls or have any tattoos... I can't think of anything that I'd want to see there every time I go to grab a club. Name/initials feels kinda boring to me.
    Posted:
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    WITB: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5 ~ Ping Anser 4w ~ Ping G30 3h ~ Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Cobra King Forged One 4-P ~ Cobra King 50-V, 56-WL ~ Evnroll ER3
2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.