Bad picture of great equipment

Deejaid-

"A club can be new and still be a classic. The Terry Koehler designed Ft. Worth 15’s are a timeless, classic design that harkens back to the blade on blade design of the Hogan’s of the early 1960’s."

But it is NOT the blade on blade design of the Ben Hogan 1+ Bounce Sole iron!

THIS was a Classic design. The design of your new Ben Hogan Golf Company irons is a cavity back design.

Ben Hogan mercilessly called it a "Hole in the head" design. Compare your clubs to the Ben Hogan Apex PC irons.

Also, as you can see from those photos, the Ben Hogan 1+ iron is NOT RH Only like your "timeless" 2013 model is.

Is there a "new" LH Ben Hogan FT WORTH iron model like yours?

Note-Sheets Design Group was told by Ben Hogan Golf Company in the late 1990s, their company would NOT approve Ben Hogan's name to a Cavity back design. Ask Jeff Sheets

The Sheets design work for the new Classic Ben Hogan iron was featured on a different website which Golfwrx doesn't allow me to list.

(M* G**f S**)

It was the last Classic Ben Hogan blade design, and yes, it was purposefully RH Only, because Ben Hogan was gone, and they didn't have to follow what Hogan had written in "Power Golf"about LH equipment.

What you have is a 2013 Eidolon Golf club with Ben Hogan's name added to it.

Great looking yes, but it's 2018.. and Co$t drives the equipment design train, as Wilson showed in 2014.

Nearly 50 years ago, Ben Hogan 1+ Bounce Sole and Apex iron designs were first offered, and they weren't RH Only.

The LH irons from the new Ben Hogan golf company now are labeled "Limited Edition".

That fits here.

It’s all good. I don’t consider the Ft. Worth’s blades either, nor are they cavity backs, they are a forged players club. I’ve read 5 Lessons multiple times but never “Power Golf” so Im not familiar with his theory on left handed clubs, but personally I can’t see how not offer a club in left hand would keep it from being a classic.

I also recall reading that Mr. Hogan hated the mid 90’s Channelbacks and the 1999 Apex model was forged in Japan. Times change, but newly created clubs can still be timeless.

deejaid-

And I agree.

It's just an "apples vs oranges" when you put Ben Hogans full name on a cavity back iron, knowing Hogan himself didn't care much for that design. Call it a "forged players club"

As for what Hogan said in "Power Golf" -

"Many golf fans are surprised to learn that I played golf left-handed when I first took up the game. Mention of that fact in the golf column I write for the newspapers attracted a flock of letters. Right away many left-handed golfers interpreted the fact that I now play right handed to mean that I was of the opinion that all left-handed players should play the game from the right side, that golf is a one sided game. But that isn’t so at all.

...I changed over when I was a small boy. The only clubs I used were right-handed clubs.

Moreover, most of the fellows I played with then were very convincing in telling me that left-handers never made good golfers. At that age I was gullible enough to believe them and to make the change, but I wouldn’t be now."

Ben Hogan, Power Golf, 1948

Ben Hogan Golf didn't make many LH Golf clubs. His golf company didn't offer any LH persimmon woods in the US, but did overseas. There are even some LH Ben Hogan Precision irons, but they were thru the Slazenger UK division. Those Ben Hogan 1+ irons were 15 years after those first Precision models, and have the "Classic Blade on Blade" design. No argument from anyone here on these being classic..

Can't really argue with what Jeff Sheets did either, as Ben Hogan Golf Company already gave him marching orders about the Ben Hogan name not being associated with cavity back irons. This was to be a Classic club, evoking all the memories of the Ben Hogan irons of the past.

So 65 years later in 2012-13, when the new Ben Hogan Golf Company chooses NOT to make any LH equipment by design, "too costly- small market-not part our our business model", what they did make was RH only golf clubs with Ben Hogan's name on them, instead of "SCOR".

If you call your 2013 "new" Ben Hogan Ft Worth irons "Classic", then don't we have to consider those "SCOR" irons/wedges to be classic as well.

Here's the situation...it's near the end of 2018 season...Is Ben Hogan going to be making any LH Ft Worth irons ever?

70 years after Power Golf?

A forged players club?

Am no longer in line...

Thanks for the excerpt from Power Golf rex, don’t recall hearing about Hogan being left handed before, but perhaps I did and had forgotten. And, being a righty, I was never concerned with whether or not Ben Hogan made a LH club or not as it never effected me.

As for whether or not the Ft. Worth is a classic, we don’t quite know yet, do we? Only time will tell if 30 years from now people look back on the Ft. Worths and still talk about it. Terry Koehler is a club designer who used what he learned in his time with Eidilon and Scor and combined that with his knowledge of the history Ben Hogan iron designs and created a club that was true to the history of the Ben Hogan Golf Co....a forged, players club.

I think in the current OEM world of irons filled with foam and cavities filled with plastic badging, Mr. Hogan would have been quite proud of the design of the Ft. Worth, but we’ll never know.

At the end of the day, we can choose to focus on how the Ft. Worth is not a real Ben Hogan for multiple reasons, or we can celebrate that in 2018 someone is making a quality forged iron with the Ben Hogan name on it.

Deejaid-

"..we can celebrate that in 2018 someone is making a quality forged iron with the Ben Hogan name on it."

Would love to celebrate, but the Ft Worths are RH Only, as almost every forged blade iron made today is, so my $$$$ isn't good enough.

What LH irons does the current Ben Hogan offer- PTx? Would you consider that iron model a Classic?

To my knowledge, LH Ben Hogan Equalizer wedges weren't even available until June of this year.

To quote Jimmy Stewart as George Bailey in "it's a Wonderful Life" -

"You want them to wait.......WAIT for WHAT?"

Thanks for the excerpt from Power Golf rex, don't recall hearing about Hogan being left handed before, but perhaps I did and had forgotten. And, being a righty, I was never concerned with whether or not Ben Hogan made a LH club or not as it never effected me.

As for whether or not the Ft. Worth is a classic, we don't quite know yet, do we? Only time will tell if 30 years from now people look back on the Ft. Worths and still talk about it. Terry Koehler is a club designer who used what he learned in his time with Eidilon and Scor and combined that with his knowledge of the history Ben Hogan iron designs and created a club that was true to the history of the Ben Hogan Golf Co....a forged, players club.

I think in the current OEM world of irons filled with foam and cavities filled with plastic badging, Mr. Hogan would have been quite proud of the design of the Ft. Worth, but we'll never know.

At the end of the day, we can choose to focus on how the Ft. Worth is not a real Ben Hogan for multiple reasons, or we can celebrate that in 2018 someone is making a quality forged iron with the Ben Hogan name on it.

Like my friend and fellow WRXer DeNinny says about my 2013 forged Callys They are MAWBB as in Might as well be blades. All I know there is no foam filled cavity or welded face.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Some good looking sticks on this thread and the usual banter i like about this forum. I have been lurking but not posting. I have had way to much modern stuff filling my plate the last month. The wife and I are headed on a cruise to Alaska Friday and we will get to check off playing in Alaska.

Sure & Far my friends!

Jimmy B

Some good looking sticks on this thread and the usual banter i like about this forum. I have been lurking but not posting. I have had way to much modern stuff filling my plate the last month. The wife and I are headed on a cruise to Alaska Friday and we will get to check off playing in Alaska.

Sure & Far my friends!

Jimmy B

Sounds fun Jimmy-- Try to take some pics if you can---- I did not know they had golf courses in Alaska

I will play my Karsten 2’s this weekend with my GBB ruger titanium D, 3 Woods with my Dale Head ANSER again.

Judging by the club boxes this isn't your only set of clubs!

*clapping hands

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

Agreed. The bag drop kids have no idea how to correctly place a bag on the back of a cart. Always have to readjust if they have the deed done before stopping them. I'll tip them a couple of bucks to leave my bag alone, but keep an eye on it until I return. (Do not like ever having my bag of implements out of eye sight.) The vast majority of time, handle the bag myself from the back of the vehicle to install on the cart.

Nice bags. Here's a pic of my favorite, amongst several. Classic Hot-Z, all black with gold piping. Near mint, and found it for $10.00. Recently thrifted the matching head covers. Such a classy looking bag. Little to big and heavy to lug around all the time, especially on the push 'trolley'. But it looks right filled with some classic sticks. Get a fair amount of compliments on it as well. One thing I've noticed standing next to the modern bag (SM C130), it's a good 2" or more taller. Don't know why that's the case. Shorter bags = Cheaper to make?

They don't make 'em like they use to.

Impressive and you have the covers to match too.

Tuesday I will play my 79/80 Factory Titleist Tour Model set. But I will leave the bag home, it’s only been on the course once when I carried it. Won’t do that again.

I love that all-Titleist set-up there! I have the 79/80 Titlesit irons, though no 2i, and I played them as a junior in the late Eighties/early Nineties. I bought them secondhand, and they were already pretty beat up, and they got even more beat up as I played them for about 4 years. I still have them back in the UK, and in fact hit them a couple of days ago when I was back.

It's great to see a set in such good shape. One day I think I'll send mine off for refinishing then take them back to Japan with me so I can get more playing time in with them.

I will play my Karsten 2’s this weekend with my GBB ruger titanium D, 3 Woods with my Dale Head ANSER again.

Judging by the club boxes this isn't your only set of clubs!

*clapping hands

LOL, I have five full sets, about 60 or so various woods and irons and about 80+ Putters, 60+ are all PING, of those 20 or more are almost all different Anser models with 3 or 4 doubles. Actually just received my first Anser Ti 3 yesterday and an Anser 5. It’s a difficult illness.