Srixon launches (9/18) New/Updated Q STAR TOUR that is now available in tour yellow.

tomuch23

I believe it's just a updated dimple design change and maybe a tad lower compression. The big deal is getting the color in tour yellow for the first time. They are up on their website today. Still $29.99 or buy 3 get 1 free personalized or not. It's a awesome ball imo.

https://www.srixon.com/us/qstar-tour.html?sc_src=email_121506&sc_lid=9479877&sc_uid=ao0FpdObwK&sc_llid=50007&sc_eh=4e1d82e85110973c1&utm_source=srixon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Srixon_09012018_QStarTour

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 4 dozen last year, and have hardly played them because I have quite a stash of balls. I've become partial to yellow balls......Wish I would have waited to buy to get the yellow version. Oh well, that's the price i pay for being an equipment junkie and couldn't wait to buy 4 dozen (for the price of 3). The ball is good but the Z Star is outstanding, and I have plenty of those in yellow. Curious to read the reviews of the new version.

Once my Q-Stars and Tour Softs are gone, QST are a great price point for urethane, will probably be my next ball next season. ;)

Ping Hoofer Lite

Mizuno ST Max 9.5*

Mizuno ST Max 3/7W

Mizuno ST Max 5/6H

Mizuno 243 7-GW

Mizuno T24 54/S, 58/D

Mizuno OMOI #2

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

This is a great move. The QST is an underrated gem and the yellow is a stunner Love playing the yellow Z Stars. Will definitely be buying some.

T Bone Steak, Cheese Eggs, and Welch's Grape

Taylormade Stealth 2+ - MCA Kai'li Blue 60s

Callaway Epic Speed 3w & 5w - Project X HZRDUS Smoke im10 70s 

Taylormade '21 P790 4-gw - MCA MMT 105s

Taylormade Hi Toe 2 Raw 54, 58 - Aldila NV Black 105s

Wilson Staff Infitinte Buckingham

Srixon Z Star 🔷

It would have been nice if they came out with the 6 ball pack deals to introduce the new Q-Star Tour.

The first time I tried them, I didn't really care for them but just played them again the other day and they are a good ball. I also just purchased a couple dozen of them since a store was selling them for only $17 a dozen (previous gen) which I thought was a good price even though I didn't need more golf balls!

It would have been nice if they came out with the 6 ball pack deals to introduce the new Q-Star Tour.

Srixon still may do that. The new version of the Q-Star Tour was just introduced in the last couple of days. The previous Q-Star Tour was sold in the 6 ball packs.

https://www.golfball...ce-Pack-6pk.htm

Srixon-Q-Star-Tour-Performance-Pack-Golf-Balls-6-Pack_Default_ALT6_550.jpeg

I bought a dozen qst golf balls and thought the world of them until I realized that they suffered distance issues on off-center hits more so than other golf balls I play. I have heard others complain likewise, and hope they have fixed that issue. Although I won't play them anymore I don't think, cuz I like the z-star golf ball much better.

I would be interested to see these compared to the AVX performance, feel, etc. QST is a similar ball at a lower price point.

QST is unlikely to have the rather oddball [pun intended] combination of traits that AVX has. QST is going to probably spin a bit more and fly higher.

Looking for facts on what has changed and why

outside of the yellow

thanks

Overall construction and dimensions look to be the same. Looks like a slightly lowered overall compression (supposed softer core and firmer mantle) and new dimple design to align with the ZStar/XV.

1st gen (2017) - 75 compression, 324 dimples, 2nd gen spin skin

2nd gen (2019) - 72 compression, 338 dimples, softer core/firmer mantle, 3rd gen spin skin, yellow added

I bought a dozen qst golf balls and thought the world of them until I realized that they suffered distance issues on off-center hits more so than other golf balls I play. I have heard others complain likewise, and hope they have fixed that issue. Although I won't play them anymore I don't think, cuz I like the z-star golf ball much better.

Yeah, that's on the ball. Smh!

Tell me, who doesn't have off-center hits with their driver? My point was with the qst the off-center hits seem more extreme then say the Z star or other quality golf balls. It is on the ball, in my opinion , because it has greater distance issues then other golf balls that are hit off center. That isn't just my findings, but also some other folks as well.

Tell me, who doesn't have off-center hits with their driver? My point was with the qst the off-center hits seem more extreme then say the Z star or other quality golf balls. It is on the ball, in my opinion , because it has greater distance issues then other golf balls that are hit off center. That isn't just my findings, but also some other folks as well.

Well, I guess you all don't know what you are talking about then...

I found the original QST to be a very good ball for my mid 90's driver swing. Nice performance around the green, too. I'll be very happy to buy the original version at close out prices!!!

Academy has the pure white QST for $11.24 a dozen (instore only). Just picked up 5 dozen.

Taylormade SIM MAX driver 10.5 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 3w 15 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 5w 18 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 4h 22 Ventus R
PXG 0211 5-LW
Taylormade Spider X Chalk
OUUL Gator cart bag

Was playing a QST for an evening 9 last night. Zero complaints w this ball. And, trust me, I suffer from “off center hits”. The ball has a nice shape off the driver, goes long for me, and stops fairly well on the greens. Short irons go high with it. Best in its price gap from what I know. Interested to see the details on the reworking of this ball.

I ordered two boxes of each color as I find the QST to be the best ball for the price out there. I played one of the last version yesterday and it was great all around. I've been using the CS Truvis Merica ball which I also love and the QST is every bit as good for my swing and game. Now, compared to the new Ksig its not even close, the QST is tons better. I have a very low opinion of the new Ksig Rock.

I would be interested to see these compared to the AVX performance, feel, etc. QST is a similar ball at a lower price point.

same here, i am playing the AVX, but if these are close in performance and I cant get 5A AVX's, this could be a good cheap option...the snell black is just a bit to hard for my liking, but incredible ball

I recently got a couple rounds in w the AVX and play the QST often. I'm a 14 index and am very happy w the QST FWIW. If I was a +2, who knows? Point is that many would like the Srixon for the price.

BPH, it looks like your preference and the game level is similar as myself. With the previous version of qst, I suffer so much from side spin off driver, of course "off center hits." new version is so tempting in terms of price. I could get 1.5 dzn for $20 with coupon. How do you compare it against MTB Black?

I agree with the comments about too much side spin off the driver, miss hit or no. I really felt like the ball accentuated hooks and slices over competition such as RX or AVX. I would really hope to like the new version based on price point. Waiting to hear real world feedback.

+1 on real world feedback on QST in yellow. Anyone take these for a ride yet?

I'm pretty shocked to see the comments about a lot of side spin with the QST. Not calling any of you liars or anything just surprised is all. I played the QST quite a bit over the last year or so along with some AVX, new Ksig and the new Titleist balls. Loved the AVX but not the price. Specially when for me and my swing the QST was just as good if not better. I'm a 15 cap and one day can shoot a 82 and the next 102. That being said I have two boxes showing up in each color this week and cant wait to see if they go straighter since they were already pretty straight for me. Sounds like I'll never miss a fairway! lol - IF it ever stops f*cking raining!

I'm pretty shocked to see the comments about a lot of side spin with the QST. Not calling any of you liars or anything just surprised is all. I played the QST quite a bit over the last year or so along with some AVX, new Ksig and the new Titleist balls. Loved the AVX but not the price. Specially when for me and my swing the QST was just as good if not better. I'm a 15 cap and one day can shoot a 82 and the next 102. That being said I have two boxes showing up in each color this week and cant wait to see if they go straighter since they were already pretty straight for me. Sounds like I'll never miss a fairway! lol - IF it ever stops f*cking raining!

Sounds like we have similar games. Did you really not feel like the QST had a lot more side spin than AVX? Not calling you a liar either, just interesting how much our experience can vary.

Sounds like we have similar games. Did you really not feel like the QST had a lot more side spin than AVX? Not calling you a liar either, just interesting how much our experience can vary.

No, not at all. I thought it was one of the better balls for driver spin that I played, in all honesty. I still have a box of them so I'll probably play them this Saturday and see if I see something different from my past experience. Think I burned through my box of AVX but I did find them to be a really good ball.