NFL weekly pick's contest (season long) 2018

touch

A handful of us around here on the 19th hole thread have been participating in NFL picks contests over the last few seasons.

(last season's winner was doctoro)

These contests have provided fun competition and discussion even though there are no cash prizes. Bragging rights are all you win.

I am starting this one for the new season beginning next week.

Do to the time involved I won't be able to be the official statistician this season as I have been in the past, but I have come up with an alternative means for keeping the results. Just post your past weeks results and cumulative total at the end of your new weeks picks posting.

for example

touch

last week 2-1 and season total 4-2

I will post the lines we use by Tuesday of the new week in this thread. The Las Vegas Westgate SuperBook is where I will be getting the lines we will use.

RULES

Open to all that would like to participate

Make 3 picks/plays weekly. They can be sides or totals. Ties do happen.

example

Player- touch

Patriots -14

Dallas +5 1/2

Cleveland/ Baltimore Under

This should prove enjoyable for a few of us to participate in weekly I would think.

Please jump in and see how good of a prognosticator you are over the course of the season.

Thank you to all in advance that participate.

touch - Lawrence in NC

nfl-pickspic.jpg

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in like Flint.

Qqq !

That's great to hear. There is one of the regulars.

Lines will be up for week one shortly.

Lines Week One

Thurs.

Atlanta at Phila. - 1 1/2 total 45

Sunday

Pitts -5 at Cleveland total 46 1/2

San Fran at Minnesota -6 total 46

Cincy at Indy -3 total 47

Buffalo at Baltimore -7 total 40 1/2

Jacksonville -3 at N.Y. Giants total 43 1/2

Tampa at New Orleans -9 1/2 total 49 1/2

Houston at New England -6 1/2 total 51

Tennessee -2 1/2 at Miami total 47

K.C. at LA Chargers - 3 1/2 total 47 1/2

Seattle at Denver -3 total 42

Dallas at Carolina -3 total 42 1/2

Washington at Arizona PK total 44

Chicago at Green Bay -7 1/2 total 48 1/2

Monday Night

N.Y. Jets at Detroit -6 1/2 total 44 1/2

LA Rams -4 1/2 at Oakland total 49 1/2

Thank You Touch for the New Season of fun and banter

I am frantically prepping fo my fantasy draft on Wednesday in the process I see some things teams are doing that make me scratch my head.

What is going on in the two most Northern NFL cities in this land, Buffalo and Seattle Anyone who bets totals should have bet the under on both teams.

I think Cleveland is being a bit overhyped, I do not know when Mayfield plays but I expect game speed will keep him on the bench for at least half the season, they have a good offensive line but their coach is a knucklehead. Bet the under it think 5.5

I think the Redskins and Giants improve but not enough to make the playoffs. GMen have a suspect QB and mediocre defense at best, Skins should bump up based on healthy bodies but I do not trust their coaching either.

Niners should improve with my man Jimmy G based on his sample size they will go undefeated and win the Super Bowl LoL Rams are the hot shots of the West replacing the Seahawks with Niners in tow.

Vikings defense is brutal but I do not like their offensive line injuries with a stud RB coming back from a big injury with a new QB, they should score often but watch the injury reports Diggs is an often injured WR, and their offensive line has taken blows already dropping them into a lower tier. Cousins is not a good QB in pressure situations. They should still win plenty of games but I think 9-10 might be more of their ceiling.

Ravens I see winning more than their total, Colts should destroy their opening line, with a much better coaching staff and Luck to Doyle and Hylton a fantasy gold mine.

I think my Super Bowl picks this year will be

Jacksonville vs Saints

I love the Rams but not sold on Goff we shall see!

Good Luck Everyone!

It was late last night and Jim Brown came to me and said I needed to be a better person. He said, your chipping yips are a result of poor tempo and belief in ones self, and I needed to overcome them. He told me to focus on something else and just trust myself. It was a revelation for me, so I did just that. I sat down at the chalk board and made a matrix of the weeks upcoming games and decided to focus on something... anything but the yips. So here is to the hope my pick percentage gets to the heights of my new handicap...

The NHL is around the corner, Premier League has started, and yet, here I am opining about a game i know nothing about. Kaep has been signed to a big contract with Nike, Ryan Shazier is walking, and Brent Musburger is perving on a QBs wife again, how can you not love to read about the NFL? Well you can't. Roger Goodell is a total nozzle and the lords of the game keep cashing checks and defying the odds, when does the magic ride end? Probably not until Carrie stops singing.

First up, Steelers over the Browns. No Le'Veon, no problem. While he smokes the ganja and lays down crappy rap, James Conner shows the veteran what it means to be a good human being, and the team rallies behind him to win the game and beat the spread. It could be so bad Josh Dobbs takes his first professional snaps in mop up mode at the end of the game. Joe Haden will remind the Browns of what they cut, Hue Jackson will remind the Raiders why they parted ways with him, and the mighty Cuyahoga will burn again.

I don't know who the QB for Jacksonville is. And this week it won't really matter. Eli's 6.2 40 time will mean he spends much of the game on his back ala Heidi Fleiss, and as we know, that can only lead to trouble. This will probably result in the SDNY opening up an investigation as to what is wrong with the Giants. If the Statue of Liberty weren't already weeping, expect to see tears this weekend, because Jacksonville is the real deal. Rudy's gonna call for Mueller to investigate the GM after this weekend. Jacksonville is the pick. Saquon is the real deal, but even the PSU savior isn't enough here.

Last one, and it has all the glitz of a Simon Cowell star. The Rams travel to Oakland, and Oakland just looks the mess. John Gruden hasn't even mastered getting a haircut, much less coming in cold to a team that is moving in two years anyway. This rebuild is more than the cutting of spleef star Martivus and the trading of Khalil. Speaking of Khalil, a little known fact is that "Me and My Friends" off the Uplift Mofo Party Plan by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is about the original guitartist of the band, Khalil Hill. The Raiders will need a little divine intervention to beat the spread, but when your coach truly is a possessed dolls doppelganger, I don't think it is likely. In a smoke em if you got em Martavis special, the Rams beat the spread.

The season is afoot, and have a great week.

^ Right there above. ^

Mr. Pete the three jacker from Big Sky Country,

It is ever so awesome to be reading your written words again sir.

I was quite the fan of your weekly posts last season, and so glad they are back.

Sharpen your CCM's and tape your Sherwood's he be proclaiming to us gents.

The first players picks of the weekly contest are in. The Montana representative kicks it off fellas.

Deep Steeler takes coming again,and to that I say.........

Ice cold Molson drafts all around!

Thank you for getting this posted Touch! I look forward to doing this again this year and hope we get a lot of participation! My 3 "locks" of the week will be

Philadelphia-1.5 (this one hurts)

San Fran +6

NE/Hou over 51. But barely. I predict 28-24 Pats

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Are there any rules around how many times you can select a team, etc? So we'll all just pick against the browns and buffalo most weeks? lol

I'll take:

KC +3.5

PIT -5

Tenn/MIA under

No Adam no rules that you can't use the same team each week all season long.

LOL

Against Bills sounds solid, but I'm buying the Browns will be different this year talk I've been hearing myself.

Thanks for participating sir!

Are there any rules around how many times you can select a team, etc? So we'll all just pick against the browns and buffalo most weeks? lol

I'll take:

KC +3.5

PIT -5

Tenn/MIA under

No Adam no rules that you can't use the same team each week all season long.

LOL

Against Bills sounds solid, but I'm buying the Browns will be different this year talk I've been hearing myself.

Thanks for participating sir!

:D I did last season. So season away.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Chicago vs Green Bay - under 48.5 I remember when Davante Adams was GB's #3/4 receiver and Randall Cobb was young.

LA Kings vs Las Vegas Knights - under 49.5 The Raiders seem like a mess. Their score plus 4.5 does not add up to 49.

KC +3.5 vs San Diego If Alex Smith was just a "game manager" where is the downgrade in KC? Chefs have averaged 11 wins in the last 3 seasons. Gimme the points.

Minnesota -6 vs Jimmy Garappolo is so obvious that I just don't have the heart to pick that game. It's like shooting fish in a barrel ... then throwing in dynamite ... and then a high voltage electric wire.

CLE +5 : Pitt was a better team last year than they are this year. Cleveland's roster has been a huge upgrade. Pitt won both meetings last year by 7 combined points. I like my brownies to cover the +5.

ATL +1.5: Nick Foles threw 6 TD's vs 1 INT in the playoffs last year; He's looked like Shane Falco in the Sugar Bowl this Pre-season. Julio looks to be healthier than hes ever been. Falcons win and cover.

Tampa/New Orleans Under 49.5: Drew Brees will be Drew Brews and Ryan Fitzpatrick will be........Ryan Fitzpatrick. Saints win 30-10.

Week 1: 0-1

CLE +5 : Pitt was a better team last year than they are this year. Cleveland's roster has been a huge upgrade. Pitt won both meetings last year by 7 combined points. I like my brownies to cover the +5.

ATL +1.5: Nick Foles threw 6 TD's vs 1 INT in the playoffs last year; He's looked like Shane Falco in the Sugar Bowl this Pre-season. Julio looks to be healthier than hes ever been. Falcons win and cover.

Tampa/New Orleans Under 49.5: Drew Brees will be Drew Brews and Ryan Fitzpatrick will be........Ryan Fitzpatrick. Saints win 30-10.

Edit: 09-07-2018 4:40EST

Pitt/Cleveland Under 46.5: Tropical storm Gordon is scheduled to hit Sunday. 2-3" of rain expected. I'll take the under

Week One

Cincy / Indy Over 47 - indoors, weather not a factor. Plenty of scoring with plenty of passing.

Saints -9 1/2 - division rivals, but Tampa is the only suck team in that division, laying heavy chalk with this one.

Bears +7 1/2 - division rivals. give me the TD AND the hook in prime time

every week with my picks I shall post a NFL cheerleader.

because I'm corny like that.

Jessica-Jacksonville-Jaguars-Most-Beautiful-NFL-Cheerleaders-2018-e1470026694487.jpg

Rise and Shine!... Rise and Shine!... It's raining like the tearjerker scene in Casablanca in the NOVA Metro DC area! It's been an interesting week...Wheres LeVeon???? I guess there are two camps the one camp which says he needs to be on the team and play. His agent did not help with the comments about lack of intelligence with some players. Not a good way to start the week 1prep. The other line of thought might be this guy is at the peak of his career, he wants to get paid for being the premiere bell cow in the league a true dual-threat catching and running the football, 3 down burner, and grinder! These guys are rare and usually have injury shortened careers. I say pay the man for all of his hard work and help in keeping Ben relevant for this long. The Steelers offensive line is finally decent but it was not in the early part of his career. Two wrongs do not make a right...But this is the NFL..which stands for "Not for Long" and it's a big business first over the so-called glory of the game rhetoric. The owners rake in millions and millions from TV deals, merchandise, and game-day crowds. The stars of the game drive revenues. They get screwed by the NCAA and they are one gruesome injury away from being retired. Pay the Man! He's a human battering ram!

That said

My Picks are Chiefs/Chargers over 47.5 Joey Bosa why????? This could be a fantasy football feast for many. M. Gordon, K Hunt, Mahomes, P Rivers, T Hill. But the Chargers needed Hunter Henry and J Bosa. Is Mahomes for real? Give me the over scoring should occur in a shootout.

New Orleans -9.5 Honestly, Fitzmagic is not magic. "Whoa, Nelly!" Kamara, Brees, and M Thomas fantasy starts here in Week 1.

Slobberknocker Nate Peterman, get a dictionary and you will see "slobber knocker" is what is about to happen. Put your head on a swivel.

I am rooting for the worst team in the NFL so they say.

I hope that the lowly Bills will rise like a Phoenix out of the ashes of despair. It's not going to happen today.

Not picking the Ravens..give me the under in the rain and muck (((40.5 under.)))..slobber knocker! I would love to see Peterman hang in there and connect on a few big plays to slim shady McCoy.

But Ravens should be winners here.

https://www.google.c...=8U6ytA_Xe-02wM

My picks to start the year... first off... the Dallas Cowboys travel to my home state of North Carolina and whip up on those little kitties.

Second is gonna be the Denver Broncos. I think their D is going to be back to super bowl caliber and they roll Seattle who has no idea what team they are anymore.

Third is Tennessee Titans. Played solid late last year. Miami is gonna be awful this year. All the hate on bills and Browns but I think Miami is going to be just as bad.

Dallas

Denver

Tennessee

Do not bet any real money on my picks as I’m awful at this.

2-1.

N.E. barely covered 28-21 (+6.5)

Pitt. tied (-5)

S.F./Minn 46 over lost 24-16. Including last year my record for over/under is like 2-20.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Week One

Cincy / Indy Over 47 - indoors, weather not a factor. Plenty of scoring with plenty of passing.

Saints -9 1/2 - division rivals, but Tampa is the only suck team in that division, laying heavy chalk with this one.

Bears +7 1/2 - division rivals. give me the TD AND the hook in prime time

every week with my picks I shall post a NFL cheerleader.

because I'm corny like that.

Jessica-Jacksonville-Jaguars-Most-Beautiful-NFL-Cheerleaders-2018-e1470026694487.jpg

My Week One results - 2-1

Edit: 09-07-2018 4:40EST

Pitt/Cleveland Under 46.5: Tropical storm Gordon is scheduled to hit Sunday. 2-3" of rain expected. I'll take the under

Week 1: 1-2