Skycaddie SX500

For the magnetic plate to be used with the Scoshe - where are you guys sticking it? Over the ESN tag area (lower) or over the warranty/do not remove sticker area (higher). Or does it even matter?

Mine's centered as close to the middle as possible so, yeah, pretty much directly over the warranty tag.

I think it could matter if you get it higher or lower on the back just because of the weight of the unit being out of balance.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

For the magnetic plate to be used with the Scoshe - where are you guys sticking it? Over the ESN tag area (lower) or over the warranty/do not remove sticker area (higher). Or does it even matter?

Mine's centered as close to the middle as possible so, yeah, pretty much directly over the warranty tag.

I think it could matter if you get it higher or lower on the back just because of the weight of the unit being out of balance.

Thanks, I am going to try the Scoshe next weekend. I used the Caddie Buddie this weekend, and it works fine, but the mount is pretty large and not the easiest to store in the bag.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Upon reflection would not the auto hole movement and the message asking you if you are finished with the hole signal the SX500 that you are still playing and avoid the shutdown?

Auto hole movement, if it like a smartphone, will not. If you get the message if you are finished with a hole and tap a response it should restart the auto shutdown timer.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

Tap anywhere on the screen. I would like to know how to turn scoring off while leaving auto hole advance on.

When you start your round, there are three options for auto hole advance, No, Yes, and Yes with scoring.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Following the BrendanH post I decided to look into a case for my SX500. I narrowed it down to these two:

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I decided to purchase both of them since they were only ten dollars thinking I would return one. When they arrived I decided to keep both of them. The Hermitshell is suitable for every day to the course while I figured I would use the Co2Crea for travel since it has more padding and a place for the charger. The Hermitshell I chose has slightly larger interior dimensions that BrendanH. Here are some photos of the two cases:

hi

is there anything that can be used to attached the sx500 to a carry bag if you are walking the course. the sgx had an attachment with a belt clip that could be used. nothing as yet that i can see for sx500.

thanks

One method would be to use Velcro. Attach one side of a rectangular piece to an appropriate location on the bag and the other side to the back of the SX500.

Slap together and it will not come apart until you pull them apart.

DRIVERS (TBD):  COBRA DARKSPEED LS Tour 9*, Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 60s //  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

hi

is there anything that can be used to attached the sx500 to a carry bag if you are walking the course. the sgx had an attachment with a belt clip that could be used. nothing as yet that i can see for sx500.

thanks

One method would be to use Velcro. Attach one side of a rectangular piece to an appropriate location on the bag and the other side to the back of the SX500.

Slap together and it will not come apart until you pull them apart.

thanks Bob- will give this a try

Is there any way to stop the scorecard from coming up anytime the unit gets close to landscape orientation?

I have auto hole advance on, and scoring turned off. I don't use it for scoring or stats. Just want the current hole graphics.

Thanks, Bruce

I had same issue, below fixed it for me...

Same quirk for me as well with the scorecard. To disable that feature simply go to Settings>AutoView>Off

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Last week I picked up a Naztech magnetic cup holder at Fry's (it was on sale for $9.99) and used it yesterday. The SX500 stayed attached to the mount and I never felt it was going to fall off. It has a long goose need and it would move with motion of the cart but the SX500 stayed attached. Plus it was easy to take off when needed. I think I found the holder I will be using.

Callaway Chrome Soft

I use the Kuelor Adjustable Car Phone Mount. I also have the Caddie Buddy but found I had to really squint (bad eyesight) when entering scores, etc. I put the Kuelor in the front right cup holder and it adjusts perfectly and I have no problem reading or entering scores.

https://www.amazon.com/Kuelor-Adjustable-Holder-Rotatable-Smartphones/dp/B06WGQH79W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1536341076&sr=8-3&keywords=kuelor+adjustable+car+phone+mount

I came across this website froggergolf.com and thought it was interesting. I wondered whether the phone latch kit would work with the SX500. I ordered it through Amazon https://www.amazon.c...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Its an innovative system. The holder expands to accommodate your device. Unfortunately, the SX500 is a bit too thick to fit into the holder correctly. (See pictures below). I suspect it would work well for those people using a golf mobile app on a cellphone or the other devices listed at their website.

Ive only had a few rounds with my sx500 but im kind of annoyed on the score entry. I play 9 holes on my league and it seems to have all types of trouble if I start on the 10th hole even when i tell it im on the 10th. I dont like the wording they use about next 16/previous15 or whatever. Doesnt sound right. Seems like it takes longer finding the course compared to my SGX.

Ive only had a few rounds with my sx500 but im kind of annoyed on the score entry. I play 9 holes on my league and it seems to have all types of trouble if I start on the 10th hole even when i tell it im on the 10th. I dont like the wording they use about next 16/previous15 or whatever. Doesnt sound right. Seems like it takes longer finding the course compared to my SGX.

I had noticed that every once in a while, the scorecard would be on the wrong hole. I thought it was just me inadvertently hitting the wron button.

SkyCaddie sent me a link to a software update. Hopefully it will resolve a couple issues that I had.

I had noticed that every once in a while, the scorecard would be on the wrong hole. I thought it was just me inadvertently hitting the wron button.

SkyCaddie sent me a link to a software update. Hopefully it will resolve a couple issues that I had.

Yeah, I just got that email too. Hopefully the little things they got right (in my opinion) on my SGX are fixed on here. It does seem like it takes a while to acquire a GPS signal at the start of a round.

Yes. Turning off those buttons was a great idea.

I am still trying to figure out how to attach this to my bag. I prefer it to hang on the side of my bag. That way I don't have it mounted to the cart in case I forget it at the end of the round. I also think that having it on the bag makes it less conspicuous for theft. I ordered a couple universal type mounts today. Hopefully I can make them work how I want. Most of what I found was too bulky. My plan is to engineer something a bit more custom.

Upon reflection would not the auto hole movement and the message asking you if you are finished with the hole signal the SX500 that you are still playing and avoid the shutdown?

Auto hole movement, if it like a smartphone, will not. If you get the message if you are finished with a hole and tap a response it should restart the auto shutdown timer.

I work at SkyGolf and noticed this issue. TM_HOYER is correct on all responses to this issue with the only exception being that the SX500 should restart the auto off timer when the auto hole advances to next hole, regardless of manual selection OR automatic (non-touch) selection (i.e. dialog times out and advances to next hole automatically).

J-RO... if you are still having this issue, would you please let us know all the details you can remember, concerning how you had your SX500 setup when you encountered this, such as the following:

- Course(s) played when this happened

- AutoHole On/Off (was it On every time you experienced this?)

- Auto Off setting (this occurred on each setting except 'Never', right?)

- Auto Prompt (Off/On)? (this is for Scoring)

- If Auto Prompt = Off, did you score manually, at any time?

- If AutoHole ON, did you just let it go (i.e., not ever touch it until it shut off?)

Any other specifics of how you had Settings and Round Options set AND how you used the SX500 while playing will be helpful; too much information is never bad :)

Of course, TM_HOYER's suggestion to touch the screen to switch views, or advance holes, etc., from time to time should work to alleviate any unwanted shutoffs until we are able to reproduce and get an update app released. Or, as I think you mentioned earlier, setting 'Auto Off' to Never will also work (just don't forget to turn off the SX500 when not in use).

Some people were inquiring about a holster for the SX500. I decided to research the size of various smartphones to see which ones matched the dimensions of the SX500. After an exhaustive search, I discovered that the Samsung Galaxy J7 smartphone had almost the identical dimensions of the SX500. I found a holster for the phone at Walmart. https://www.walmart....7-Pe/918535808. The SX500 fits snugly and does not fall out when held upside down. Here are some pictures:

Just downloaded the new update for the SX500. Could not find the new auto prompt option for scoring under settings. What am I missing? Thanks.

That change is an option when you start a new round, not in the settings.

Callaway Chrome Soft