2019 Jones Trouper Bag

Steelhead

It says in the description that it is 5lbs which is the same as the existing utility bag.

I have two utility bags as well as the new trooper I weighed them all. My Greyson Utility 5-8oz, Old Utility 5-6oz. Trouper Utility 5lbs on the button. Wears and feels much lighter. Great balance.

Seperate fully enclosed dividers?

Two separate, fully enclosed. Works as it should.

How are the stand mechanism and base?

:ping-small: G430 Max 9º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:mizuno-small: Pro 243 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

The exposed mechanism that pops out legs on the base is not great. Have an older Nike bag with that and it gets knocked around and is terrible when using a push cart.

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

The exposed mechanism that pops out legs on the base is not great. Have an older Nike bag with that and it gets knocked around and is terrible when using a push cart.

Works as well as any SM or Titleist bag I’ve had with similar designs. Appears very sturdy. As to cart usage I put it on my SM Speedcart and ran it around the yard. Nothing to make me concerned...

If this is close to 4 lbs, this would be great.

The current Utility is 5lbs and small. I hope you are right, but that looks like a "lot of bag" with heavy duty fabric.

I'm with you. Putter well, 5 side top, no tech fabric, etc... I see this being a 6 lb bag (cart bag).

I agree. I'm out. The Stitch SL1 is the closest thing to an Original Jones (weight and simplicity) with a stand. The Sun Mountain 3.5 LS is hiding in plain sight as a light, functional combo (I have a 3.5 from 2012).

Like the looks of this bag. Just wonder why the beverage pocket is on the opposite side, can you easily reach water bottle while carrying? Looks like a few too many pockets for someone that doesn't carry much stuff, what's the total pocket count?

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Works as well as any SM or Titleist bag I’ve had with similar designs. Appears very sturdy. As to cart usage I put it on my SM Speedcart and ran it around the yard. Nothing to make me concerned...

Have you tried it on a cart yet? Wondering if the bottom fits down into the carts recessed bag area without needing to turn it sideways. I have an Ogio that is too deep because of the stand activation mechanism sticks out too much. I have to load it sideways. Drives me nutty. It’s Going on Craigslist.

Really trying to find more info on this bag. Was excited to see Jones put out a video, then I watched it. No info whatsoever, and only a few quick peeks of the bag. Trying too hard to be cool imo...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://vimeo.com/288882290&ved=2ahUKEwiJzJrdkq_dAhVqmeAKHZ2NC_IQwqsBMAF6BAgJEAU&usg=AOvVaw0NXb8NV-IuzYVuk0kjzrE2&cshid=1536538308720

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Really trying to find more info on this bag. Was excited to see Jones put out a video, then I watched it. No info whatsoever, and only a few quick peeks of the bag. Trying too hard to be cool imo...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://vimeo.com/288882290&ved=2ahUKEwiJzJrdkq_dAhVqmeAKHZ2NC_IQwqsBMAF6BAgJEAU&usg=AOvVaw0NXb8NV-IuzYVuk0kjzrE2&cshid=1536538308720

Jeez. Agreed. Crap commercial. Don’t anyone even go watch it,

Dude with a crazy swing wearing nasty G4 shoes with the giant logo on the side. Ugh.

Jeez. Agreed. Crap commercial. Dont anyone even go watch it,

Dude with a crazy swing wearing nasty G4 shoes with the giant logo on the side. Ugh.

My favorite part was when he took his bag out of the car and had to try twice to get the legs to extend.

Jeez. Agreed. Crap commercial. Don’t anyone even go watch it,

My favorite part was when he took his bag out of the car and had to try twice to get the legs to extend.

Odd commercial. Does Jones think people who want a top larger that 8” dress and swing like that? This seems like a big change from their normal Pacific NW marketing vibe.

< afraid to be positive here>

I actually have three rounds with this bag. Walking 18: legs work great and extended as they should all day. Pushing my SM Speedcart: no issues, sits okay; no shifting. Works great. Riding a cart: my biggest beef. Twists a bit and needed a few turns to make it straight. I feel what makes it a nice walking bag (narrow profile, legs out of the way) makes it have extra room on the sides while on a riding cart.

As far as the PNW vibe goes, my son uses my old Utility bag now and from a few feet away fully loaded, both still have the minimal logo unpretentious look as always. Is it perfect? No. But a hell of a lot better for me than some of the disposable garbage marketed to us by companies that used to be standard bearers. They made some nice changes IMHO. Geez, they are a small company selling a nice bag. Not curing a disease.

I actually have three rounds with this bag. Walking 18: legs work great and extended as they should all day. Pushing my SM Speedcart: no issues, sits okay; no shifting. Works great. Riding a cart: my biggest beef. Twists a bit and needed a few turns to make it straight. I feel what makes it a nice walking bag (narrow profile, legs out of the way) makes it have extra room on the sides while on a riding cart.

As far as the PNW vibe goes, my son uses my old Utility bag now and from a few feet away fully loaded, both still have the minimal logo unpretentious look as always. Is it perfect? No. But a hell of a lot better for me than some of the disposable garbage marketed to us by companies that used to be standard bearers. They made some nice changes IMHO. Geez, they are a small company selling a nice bag. Not curing a disease.

Regarding the riding cart, does it fit straight in, but twists to the side during the round? Or do you have to twist it to the side because it won't fit in the cart bottom? I remember having this problem with Sun Mtn before they made the 'Cart Friendly Bottom'. I ride a decent amount (more than I'd like) so how it fits on a cart is important to me. Very interested in this bag, but hard to pull the trigger without being able to see it. I have a Sun Mtn Three 5 that works almost perfectly, but I like the looks of the Trouper better from your pics.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Regarding the riding cart, does it fit straight in, but twists to the side during the round? Or do you have to twist it to the side because it won't fit in the cart bottom? I remember having this problem with Sun Mtn before they made the 'Cart Friendly Bottom'. I ride a decent amount (more than I'd like) so how it fits on a cart is important to me. Very interested in this bag, but hard to pull the trigger without being able to see it. I have a Sun Mtn Three 5 that works almost perfectly, but I like the looks of the Trouper better from your pics.

Bag fits and sits straight on a cart . I suppose I challenged it pretty good playing Skamania GC which is crazy hilly, steep and not level as most courses. Not really a big deal.

Bag fits and sits straight on a cart . I suppose I challenged it pretty good playing Skamania GC which is crazy hilly, steep and not level as most courses. Not really a big deal.

Thanks for the reply. Think I'll pull the trigger and see how I like it. Going all black as well.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Definitely no need to be nervous about a good opinion of the bag. i'm pretty excited for this one. I'm still not sure if I will go with the Trouper or the Utility. I like the water resistance of the Utility. Tell me the Trouper is water resistant and i'm all in.

As far as the commercial goes, i agree with the others. It's a bit odd. It feels like it's attempting to play to a young and trendy audience. I showed a few of my golf buddies at work that might be more of a target demographic for that commercial (23 - 28 years old) and they thought it was hilarious and cheesy. They also had no idea what the video was selling.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

It says in the description that it is 5lbs which is the same as the existing utility bag.

I have two utility bags as well as the new trooper I weighed them all. My Greyson Utility 5-8oz, Old Utility 5-6oz. Trouper Utility 5lbs on the button. Wears and feels much lighter. Great balance.

Would you also be able to weigh the Utility Rover if not too much stress?

Thanks

Thanks

Sold my Rover. Have two older Utilities a Black Rider and a Trouper. Sorry.

Thanks

Sold my Rover. Have two older Utilities a Black Rider and a Trouper. Sorry.

That isn’t an ad that Jones made. It was made by a Jones groupie called brodievan23 on instagram. His wife is good looking and has about 500k followers. Not sure what she sells but I wouldn’t let her walk my dogs for 10 minutes. He lives off her fame and gives her babies in return. He plays golf during summer/early fall. Takes great pictures. This is the first time he has shown his swing to the public. Brave man.

I have mixed feelings about this new bag. Sure, the opening is bigger, which is a minor problem on the utility. But it just looks too modern to be a Jones bag imo. At least in pictures.

https://www.google.c...d=1536538308720

Jeez. Agreed. Crap commercial. Don't anyone even go watch it,

All I could imagine the whole time with that music was the old nightclubs and bars you see in some of the old movies, I agree on you on the swing and nasty G-4 shoes too

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

That isn’t an ad that Jones made. It was made by a Jones groupie called brodievan23 on instagram. His wife is good looking and has about 500k followers. Not sure what she sells but I wouldn’t let her walk my dogs for 10 minutes. He lives off her fame and gives her babies in return. He plays golf during summer/early fall. Takes great pictures. This is the first time he has shown his swing to the public. Brave man.

I have mixed feelings about this new bag. Sure, the opening is bigger, which is a minor problem on the utility. But it just looks too modern to be a Jones bag imo. At least in pictures.

Jones may not have made the video, but it's front and center on the trouper page on their website. On positive note, better pics are up now on that page.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Agreed, I think they went too far in the other direction. The Utility Stand just needed some tweaking and a slight increase in the opening size, maybe another divider in that middle slot. This new one is too much like every other golf bag and doesn’t really look like a Jones.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie