New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

Titleist drivers have always just kinda hung out in the middle, sort of a jack of all trades, master of none. There is always something more forgiving (Ping/Cobra) or lower spinning (TaylorMade, Cobra, Callaway etc) and for the people chasing one or the other the Titleist can seem to be irritatingly riding the fence. The 915 and 917 were extremely similar with the 917 moving to slightly more adjustability. I'd love to see them pursue the same level of forgiveness, which has always been nicely above average, and really try to drop the CG down. That would take a chunk out of all these "Titleist always spins more" talking points that come from people who strike the ball low on the face.

Or for those that hit it good enough to realize there is only a few yards difference between any of them?.....lol

I get a demo/fitting for the TS drivers on the 8th. A little apprehensive and stoked.

Canceled.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

I just got back from "demoing" the TS 2 & 3. Not sure if I can say where, I was told not to take pics nor say anything about my fitting. I think next week shops can release it early for fittings. I'm currently playing 917 D2 which I've liked for many years primarily due to feel. I've played around with other brands such as Callaway and Taylor-made. All of which I've questioned whether I should keep my D2 in the bag or make a change. I knew this club was coming so I've held off. I will say first and foremost Titleist knocked this out of the ball park, at least for me. The black head is slick. It feels fantastic. Nice pop sound true to form. My numbers were excellent. It was not high spinning, nor am I high spinning now on my D2. My best drives were approx 10-15 yds farther and consistent. I will say my guy dialed me into a different shaft which we all know makes a world of difference. He did put the same shaft in a D2 and still the TS was approx 12 yds more. I then changed over to Tailor-made and Callaway Rogue. I was hitting those clubs about the same distance as new TS but spraying. Not consistent and I wasn't crazy about the feel. I would never invest in a Taylor made driver but thats just me. I'm still convinced Rory plays a Titleist driver with TM markings on it. Lol. He wrote everything down and I believe everything is being sent off to the mother ship end of next week. Probably have in hand in a few weeks. Its a nice club. My other interesting find was I play Mizuno MP SC now, hit some balls with 718 CB and MB's and now Im really looking at going back to the CB's and I don't know why. Different thread I know but now I can't shake this outta my head. Why would I do this? I love my Mizuno but this is like a sickness......lololol

I just got back from "demoing" the TS 2 & 3. Not sure if I can say where, I was told not to take pics nor say anything about my fitting. I think next week shops can release it early for fittings. I'm currently playing 917 D2 which I've liked for many years primarily due to feel. I've played around with other brands such as Callaway and Taylor-made. All of which I've questioned whether I should keep my D2 in the bag or make a change. I knew this club was coming so I've held off. I will say first and foremost Titleist knocked this out of the ball park, at least for me. The black head is slick. It feels fantastic. Nice pop sound true to form. My numbers were excellent. It was not high spinning, nor am I high spinning now on my D2. My best drives were approx 10-15 yds farther and consistent. I will say my guy dialed me into a different shaft which we all know makes a world of difference. He did put the same shaft in a D2 and still the TS was approx 12 yds more. I then changed over to Tailor-made and Callaway Rogue. I was hitting those clubs about the same distance as new TS but spraying. Not consistent and I wasn't crazy about the feel. I would never invest in a Taylor made driver but thats just me. I'm still convinced Rory plays a Titleist driver with TM markings on it. Lol. He wrote everything down and I believe everything is being sent off to the mother ship end of next week. Probably have in hand in a few weeks. Its a nice club. My other interesting find was I play Mizuno MP SC now, hit some balls with 718 CB and MB's and now Im really looking at going back to the CB's and I don't know why. Different thread I know but now I can't shake this outta my head. Why would I do this? I love my Mizuno but this is like a sickness......lololol

Were your numbers with the TS2 or 3? Sorry if I missed it... need coffee...LOL

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

Ps, just noticed first 4 posters on this page mentioned their 910's. haha, awesome.

I still have mine still laying around the garage. I'll take it out from time to time.

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

They had the new TS drivers in Golf Galaxy today so I had to give them a whirl. Nothing earth shattering. They look really nice and I am glad they went back to Black. Sound reminded me of a 915, but just a tad bit quieter. I can't and wont really comment on ballspeed or feel becasue I only used their hitting bay Maxli's which are complete rocks. All in all, they're really nice looking offerings. I hit them pretty much the same dsitance as everything else.

Any decent reviews out there comparing them to the 917 range? Been offered a really good price on a brand new fitted D3, and am torn on whether to wait.

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

Any decent reviews out there comparing them to the 917 range? Been offered a really good price on a brand new fitted D3, and am torn on whether to wait.

I hit them both the other day and while I ordered a TS3, I am going to go out on a limb and say you will be ok with the 917. I just prefer the black head and the alignment aid on the TS drivers. It's hard to tell from the GC2 as they are not always that accurate but the 917 read faster ball speeds for me, while the TS3 had longer carry. It'll be a couple weeks till I receive it so I can really see what it does outside. I loved the way the Evenflow white felt, I think that's mostly what sold me.... the driver heads do look a little more 915 especially the TS2, but the feel is better.

I was able to hit both the TS2 and TS3 at a Golf Galaxy yesterday. I play the Epic right now with the Fuji Green 62. The TS drivers were every bit as long, but the feel and sound off the face was fantastic! I really seemed to get along with the TS3 the best. The feel alone will likely have me picking one up once they start hitting the BST.

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Callaway Apex Pro - 7-AW, Recoil Dart 90

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5

Titleist ProV1

Vessel Player IV Pro

I was just fit down here in SC for TS2. Decided to go with a little more forgiveness. My dispersions were a little tighter as well. Added a little more weight in the heel. 9.5 degree with True Temper Project X HZRDUS Red 65 5.5 shaft. Launching bombs average +15 yds farther than my 917 D2 now but with more consistancy down broadway. Sound in my opinion is much better. Nice THHHHWACK Titleist sound. Guy next to me kept telling my fitter he feels it in his chest every time I hit the ball. Lol. Love the black head. Here's a tip. Make sure you play around with the weights on the TS2 in the heel. It makes a big difference. Not going to name names of shops or fitting centers but I went to a very reputable National fitting location is all I'm going to say and it wasnt Golf Galaxy. Make sure you test and demo with the various weight options because launch and spin will be affected. Its a fantastic club, by far the best Titleist has made. Classy, timeless, pure. True to Titleist. Shipping sooner than they expected now so I'm stoked. Bang Bang Boogie baby! Cheers. :)

I played around with them at my local EW today. I hit a TS3 with an Evenflow White T1100 as the stock shaft and a TS2 with a HZRDUS Smoke stock shaft.

Loved the TS3/Evenflow combo, feel and sound were great. I didn’t care for the look of the TS2 personally, but it still felt pretty good. Looking forward to them coming out for purchase soon.

I was just fit down here in SC for TS2. Decided to go with a little more forgiveness. My dispersions were a little tighter as well. Added a little more weight in the heel. 9.5 degree with True Temper Project X HZRDUS Red 65 5.5 shaft. Launching bombs average +15 yds farther than my 917 D2 now but with more consistancy down broadway. Sound in my opinion is much better. Nice THHHHWACK Titleist sound. Guy next to me kept telling my fitter he feels it in his chest every time I hit the ball. Lol. Love the black head. Here's a tip. Make sure you play around with the weights on the TS2 in the heel. It makes a big difference. Not going to name names of shops or fitting centers but I went to a very reputable National fitting location is all I'm going to say and it wasnt Golf Galaxy. Make sure you test and demo with the various weight options because launch and spin will be affected. Its a fantastic club, by far the best Titleist has made. Classy, timeless, pure. True to Titleist. Shipping sooner than they expected now so I'm stoked. Bang Bang Boogie baby! Cheers. :)

How do you change the weight in the heel? Thought there was only one weight in the back for TS2.

How do you change the weight in the heel? Thought there was only one weight in the back for TS2.

Should be a kit to change out the weights. Or if you dont want to buy it stick a piece of lead tape on it.

Ordered a TS3 with the hzdus smoke. Can’t wait.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

Ps, just noticed first 4 posters on this page mentioned their 910's. haha, awesome.

Tried the 913, didn’t beat the 910. Tried the 915, didn’t beat the 910. Tried the 917, didn’t beat the 910. Tried some other brands, could spend $400+ to hit the ball about 11 feet farther. I’m good with my 910.

Weight in back sorry. Multiple weights available. Again goto reputable titleist fitter to explore this. Again both ts2 and 3 for me were great. Ts2 is in same platform as d2 which is more forgiving which is why I went that route. Ts3 I wasn’t as consistent and my fitter here in sc was able to really pin point my launch angles and spin. Distance was aboitnthe same on ts2 and 3 for me so that wasn’t a factor. It was humid out really humid here so we then brought everything inside and numbers there confirmed what my ball flight was doing outside. I tried rogue, cobra and taylormade just pounding balls and to be honest I saw zero change in rear distance from one over other. What I did find with ts2 was closer dispersion low spin and feel that I like over the others. Sound as well.

Companies are tied with their hands behind their backs with USGA....

what do you expect them to do?

Sure it will be good.....after owning most current models last few years my gamer is a 4 yr old driver, lol

No more TM woods for this boy....cept for RBZ STG 2 5 WOOD ( both M2 Woods are in closet along wit M2 driver).....inconsistent and sound like chit

TS2 looks like a perfect fit for me, to be honest. All the reviews say moving to 45.5", straighter face (less bulge/roll), MOI designed to max, less moveable weights... what does that sound like? It sounds like Titleist's attempt to make a Ping G-like driver with Titleist looks. If I had a dream driver, that would be it. We'll see how it works for me when I eventually get a chance to try it out. Since I'm playing a 917D2 now, I expect it to be hotter.

I would say comparing these drivers to other company's models is kinda silly. I will say these new models seem quite different than the previous Titleist drivers. I hit both and I was pretty surprised. I expected the same old Titleist driver with a new look but both seem to be as long as anything out and look great. I prefer the feel and look of the TS3 and I seemed to get better numbers. 2000ish spin with 16-17* of launch for me with the hzrdus smoke. The TS2 just didn't feel great to me. Both were a pleasure to hit though. I'm happy to see Titleist changing it up with this batch of drivers.

I had the chance to hit the TS2 and TS3 today. Fitting cart had a 9.5* TS2 and an 8.5* TS3. My current gamer is a 917D2 8.5* with HZRDUS Black 6.5. Started out with the Evenflow T1100 6.5 in both clubs. Ball ballooned significantly and had huge 2 way misses. Not a great shaft for me. I put the HZRDUS Smoke shaft in (only had it in 6.0 flex) ball flight was much more penetrating and solid. Less side to side variance. I have been playing the D2 model for many years and this time around I'm loving the TS3 model. I will be placing my order for a 8.5* TS3 with HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 this week.

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

I managed to get a TS3 out on the course today.

I currently have a 917D2 in my bag. To my eye, the TS3 head was pretty much what the 917D2 is and the TS2 looks more like the 915D2 when it comes to head shape.

It was hard to tell just how far it was going, the reason being our fairways have been so dry all summer but the last week there has been a lot of rain and the course has softened up a lot and there was about a one to two club wind. Loved the sound and feel of the TS3 I have got to say. Dispersion seemed pretty tight and it seemed pretty easy to shape it off the tee which was nice, that is something that I have struggled with the D2. Hopefully I will get the chance to get it out on the launch monitor tomorrow or Monday and then I can make my mind up from there.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

So nobodies seeing the 8ish mph in ball speed gains that the paid professionals are claiming?

No, I did not see that... haha. In fact, if anything the ball speeds were slower than the g400 and 917 D3 for me. It looks great, sounds great and I was really impressed with the way the Evenflow white felt paired with the TS3 head. TS2 felt even better but I really do not like the way it looks, the 915 D2 comparison is spot on. I have a hard time trusting the GC2 I hit it on... ball speeds were slower but carry numbers were better than anything else I have tried. Not by miles but 3-5 yards consistently. Need to get it out on the course to really see what it does before I completely buy into all the hype.

Just hit the ts2 and 3 at my local dicks on a gc2 without hmt, compared to my 917d2 with a hzrdus red, swapping heads didn't make too much of a difference in terms of anything. Kept my same 250-258 carry and 270-280 roll out with all 3, consistancy was slightly better with the ts3(with one low spin bomber that went to 292), but nothing that an errant swing couldn't explain. Spin was down by ~200 overall with both. At this point I think getting fit for a new shaft would be a more cost efficient option for myself. That and maybe working out once in a while....

Overall liked the look of the ts2 and 3 more than my 917, but I couldn't shell out that much cash for the minimal gains I saw. I'd probably end up with the ts3 simply because I like the head shape.