New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

Came to the conclusion at the weekend that I am too bad at golf to actually figure out whether one driver is better than the other by hitting it on the course. I think I was hitting the TS3 better than my 917D2 but I think I was putting better swings on the TS3.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Came to the conclusion at the weekend that I am too bad at golf to actually figure out whether one driver is better than the other by hitting it on the course. I think I was hitting the TS3 better than my 917D2 but I think I was putting better swings on the TS3.

That's funny and totally understand how ya feel. Most of us non tour players swing different each time and contact is always changing. Definitely makes it tough. In my younger years I'd hit about 5 to 10 shots and kind of know. Now I find myself just asking for one good swing because it's all over the place. Very frustrating. Hee Hee

Hit the TS drivers and fairways this weekend. They look and feel/sound great. My swing was off so hard to tell other than that.

Ping G410+ 9° with tour shaft
Titleist TSR3 19 hybrid

Ping S55 3-pw x100
Vokey 52/56/60
Scotty Newport 2

Anyone got a view on how much (if at all its better than previous model titleists)? I'm still rocking a 915 with Aldila rogue black 80 shaft. Its probably the best driver (for me) I've ever hit. Long enough, forgiving, finds fairways regularly when I'm swinging well.

Am I going to see a difference? Is it going to be a difference that justifies £500 or whatever it's coming in at? How are the new stock shafts, I see that the rogue black isn't on the roster. :-(

Anyone got a view on how much (if at all its better than previous model titleists)? I'm still rocking a 915 with Aldila rogue black 80 shaft. Its probably the best driver (for me) I've ever hit. Long enough, forgiving, finds fairways regularly when I'm swinging well.

Am I going to see a difference? Is it going to be a difference that justifies £500 or whatever it's coming in at? How are the new stock shafts, I see that the rogue black isn't on the roster. :-(

It’s free to demo the new stuff. Try them out and decide for yourself.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

Its free to demo the new stuff. Try them out and decide for yourself.

Ya I mean the entire point of this website is gathering info from someone else's personal experiences.

I don't blame them, it's about loosing the competitive high level amateur who traditionally enjoyed Titleist. When these Am's start leaving for the claims of others Titleist is forced to react. This market space supports long-term loyalty and it's the market Titleist has been loosing. Erode this and possibly loose ProV prestige. Thats the REAL business here after all...

lose

Thank you...

My personal experience only: both TS models are significantly better than the previous Titleist models in terms of distance. I demo'd both for at least an hour and they're as long as any current offering from Callaway, TM, or Ping. The odd thing is the distance doesn't seem to come from an increase in ball speed. Not sure how that works, but I wasn't any faster with the TS models. Avg. carry was definitely up though compared to the 917.

Got mine today, but haven't had a chance to hit it outside yet... Evenflow white 6.0 65, 44.75". Club looks even better than I remember it from a week ago in the store. The head cover, although I am not a fan of these new boxing glove styles, is pretty beefy. Should be able to hit it tomorrow outside.

42792092990_26b4fedae8_k.jpg

42792097340_f12f144e0f_k.jpg

29664490037_ec4cb7c9d6_k.jpg

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

Got my fitting done over the weekend after 100+ balls ordered the TS3 8.5 Evenflow White T1100 65g 6.5 +6g draw weight @45.5”.

Ball speed increase over current driver by 7mph, ball speed up just over 165 (153 previously) extra carry yards averaged around 18 yards.

I’m not a fan of the 460cc heads I have always preferred the traditional 440cc or smaller but the numbers didn’t lie and I really like the look at address, the sound is amazing as well.

Driver-Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Project X Evenflow White 65 X-Stiff
3W-Titleist TS3 15.75* w/Project X Evenflow white 65 X-Stiff
Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron w/KBS C-Taper 130X (bent to 17.5*)
4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MBw/KBS C-Taper 130X
Mizuno T7 52/09 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Mizuno T7 56/10 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Bridgestone Tour B X

Got mine today, but haven't had a chance to hit it outside yet... Evenflow white 6.0 65, 44.75". Club looks even better than I remember it from a week ago in the store. The head cover, although I am not a fan of these new boxing glove styles, is pretty beefy. Should be able to hit it tomorrow outside.

42792092990_26b4fedae8_k.jpg

42792097340_f12f144e0f_k.jpg

29664490037_ec4cb7c9d6_k.jpg

Looks awesome man, can’t wait for mine to arrive.

Driver-Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Project X Evenflow White 65 X-Stiff
3W-Titleist TS3 15.75* w/Project X Evenflow white 65 X-Stiff
Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron w/KBS C-Taper 130X (bent to 17.5*)
4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MBw/KBS C-Taper 130X
Mizuno T7 52/09 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Mizuno T7 56/10 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Bridgestone Tour B X

Nice looking club the TS3

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][url="https://www.usna.edu/homepage.php"]Go Navy![/url]

[b][u]WITB[/u][/b]
Titleist 915 D4 8.5 Oban V430 6.5 75g
Titleist 915 F2 15 Rogue Silver 80S
Titleist VG3 18.5 JDM PX 6.0
Titleist 680 raw 4-PW Nippon MODUS 125S
Titleist TVD raw C-C 53 and Indigo SM5 58 DGTI
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 340g 35"
Scotty Cameron MilSpec Gen2 330g 35"[/font][/size]

Got my fitting done over the weekend after 100+ balls ordered the TS3 8.5 Evenflow White T1100 65g 6.5 +6g draw weight @45.5”.

Ball speed increase over current driver by 7mph, ball speed up just over 165 (153 previously) extra carry yards averaged around 18 yards.

I’m not a fan of the 460cc heads I have always preferred the traditional 440cc or smaller but the numbers didn’t lie and I really like the look at address, the sound is amazing as well.

Which persimmon driver were you using previously? :taunt:

Now I'm no aeronautical engineer but your math isn't adding up.

You said you increased ball speed by 7mph, ball speed up just over 165 (previously 153). That's a 12 mph + increase. Unless I'm reading that wrong. And I'm sorry but I'm calling shenanigans on that.

Got my fitting done over the weekend after 100+ balls ordered the TS3 8.5 Evenflow White T1100 65g 6.5 +6g draw weight @45.5".

I'm not a fan of the 460cc heads I have always preferred the traditional 440cc or smaller but the numbers didn't lie and I really like the look at address, the sound is amazing as well.

You said you increased ball speed by 7mph, ball speed up just over 165 (previously 153). That's a 12 mph + increase. Unless I'm reading that wrong. And I'm sorry but I'm calling shenanigans on that.

They did say over 7mph ball speed! But it does sound like the old driver was a pretty poor fit, that's for sure

Got my fitting done over the weekend after 100+ balls ordered the TS3 8.5 Evenflow White T1100 65g 6.5 +6g draw weight @45.5".

I'm not a fan of the 460cc heads I have always preferred the traditional 440cc or smaller but the numbers didn't lie and I really like the look at address, the sound is amazing as well.

They did say over 7mph ball speed! But it does sound like the old driver was a pretty poor fit, that's for sure

Nope they said over current driver by 7 mph, not over 7 mph.

Nope they said over current driver by 7 mph, not over 7 mph.

Oops, quite right!

I'm going out on a limb here - this driver is a nice add to Titleist and probably FINALLY a low spin Titleist offering.

That said, there is absolutely NO WAY this driver is going to give anyone 7mph ball speed or 15yds extra if your current driver is less than 10 years old (and this is WRX, so the chance of this is 100%). No way. Ever.

I laugh at posts these days that predictably pop up this time of year claiming another 17yds has magically been found...

I hit them again today. This time, I took in some Snell MTB;s. These drivers are a big improvement in the sound feel department. Tried a TS2 10.5 with a HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 in the A1 setting. I absoultely loved this combo. Long and spin was staying around 2100 for me. My only complaint is that they moved to 45.5 stock length.

Took mine out to the range today and I have to say, while it may be hard to tell just yet on realistic performance gains, this has to be one of, if not THE, best feeling drivers I have played yet. It actually almost feels too soft... I'm hitting range balls and they all felt like Wilson Duos. On top of that it's SUPER forgiving... Most were pretty out of the center but I did catch one heely and it had about a 5 yard fade on it... would not have hurt me at all on the course at all. I could work it easily from left to right, and it was easy to keep under control. I'll get it out more this weekend but I am really excited about this one... great looking, feeling, sounding, and easy to manipulate. My 913d3 wasn't far off from some of the "big boys", so if I can gain a few more with the TS3 it's easily a winner.

• Like 1

would someone mind posting a pic of the headcover?

29684513757_32b66aff15_k.jpg

43903882034_5c5486252b_k.jpg

I tried to capture the thickness of the inside felt portion of the cover... between that and the outer layer of "leather" it's pretty good quality. I just don't like the shaft being exposed with these new covers. The "Titleist" and "TS" embroidery is pretty nice, too...

I'm going out on a limb here - this driver is a nice add to Titleist and probably FINALLY a low spin Titleist offering.

That said, there is absolutely NO WAY this driver is going to give anyone 7mph ball speed or 15yds extra if your current driver is less than 10 years old (and this is WRX, so the chance of this is 100%). No way. Ever.

I laugh at posts these days that predictably pop up this time of year claiming another 17yds has magically been found...

It can easily happen if you where poorly fitted to your previous driver like i was, i would think if your properly fitted then yes its hard to imagine a gain like that.

I always thought i was not fit properly for my current driver as i get too much height and almost no roll though it is quite reliable finding the fairway. I average 210 metres off the tee with it, I feel i can game it though so have just been always looking with a view to changing if something i like comes along.

I gained 10-15 metres trying the M3 recently but didnt like the feel of it or sound and the dispersion was not the best for me which confirmed to me i was leaving quite a bit out there. I almost pulled the trigger but waited for to try this.

I briefly tried the TS3 2 days ago, and like the M3 i gained 10- 15 metres in carry plus better roll but more enjoyed the feel of it so i have booked in for a proper test. I noticed particulary a jump in ball speed and swing speed and lower spin over what i have, i feel this could be a gamer so will take it out on the course and give it a crack.

I think any of the new drivers properly fit will give you great gains over a poorly fit driver. What i liked was the flight, and it will get down to look, feel and confidence on the course for me.

Had my driver fitting today outdoors on a GC monitor. Current gamer is a 9.5deg Cobra F8+ with Elements Proto 6F5 playing at 44.75". I hit the TS2, TS3, and the Srixon z785. Coming in, I had just had my best driving round of the year including one absolute monster. To switch, I was going to have be wowed.

Srixon z785

Looks really good. HZRDUS Black was all they had, 6.5 75g at 45". Hit exactly 3 balls. Numbers were good, in line with the Cobra. But I won't hit a driver with that sound. Just not for me. I think it looks fantastic at address, though.

TS3 9.5

Best look at address of these four. Started in A1 with neutral weights in an EvenFlow T1100 white 75g 6.5 at 45". This was the combo I was set on walking away with by the end. I was 100% wrong. Could NOT keep it straight and the numbers weren't better than my F8+. We played with the settings and the weights, and it didn't really do anything but straighten it out. Numbers still weren't better. Tried the Smoke shaft and the standard HZRDUS Black, same results pretty much - just sort of meh and the dispersion was too wide.

TS2 9.5

Started in A1, standard back weight, EF T1100 white 75g 6.5 at 45". Every number improved except the dispersion was still erratic. Was surprised to see the other numbers get better - spin staying around 2100 on average, launch around 12deg, ball speed 160ish, carrying around 287 on average.

Then, we put the Smoke shaft in there...60g, 6.5 at 45". It was so good immediately. Dispersion tightened but still launched a little low (I can't get it higher than 13deg really). Fitter changed the back weight to +4 and put the setting at C3. It got even better. Didn't carry a single one, minus two bad swings out of 20ish balls, less than 296. Best carry was 304.

It's hard to emphasize this final point enough, but the dispersion was incredibly tight. Did not expect to gain accuracy while increasing every number and lengthening the shaft, even if only 0.25". Thrilled!

---

We put the TS3 back in with the Smoke at C3 and tried to get the weights right to see how it would do vs. the perfectly dialed TS2 setting. I just didn't get the same numbers or dispersion. I was in a little shock, but the TS2 +4g back weight with the 60g 6.5 Smoke at 45" is my jam. Picked up a consistent 10-12 yards of carry and had a hard time not hitting it straight. I wasn't really in roger range mode with any of the drivers, so feel pretty confident it will translate to the course.

Sorry for the long post, but thought it might be interesting to some of y'all. Took a pic of the monitor after one that I pelted right at the flag I was aiming. It looked like a tracking iron shot it was so bang online.

Anyone ditch their ping g400 max for the TS driver yet? if so, what was so much better? Thanks

Not ditching the Max, but I was hitting a TS2 side by side against the Max earlier tonight when I stopped in Golf Galaxy.

The TS2 had a HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 in a 10.5 head vs a 10,5 Max with the Ping Tour 65X. Max was still consistenly longer for me. The TS2 feels awesome and is no slouch. On average I was probaly 4-6 yards longer with the Max. Longest total with the Max was 319 vs 310 for the TS2. I think alot of people are going to love the TS2 though. Looking down next to the Max it looks so much smaller. Hard to belive both are 460cc heads. Titleist did well this time.

Anyone ditch their ping g400 max for the TS driver yet? if so, what was so much better? Thanks

Not ditching the Max, but I was hitting a TS2 side by side against the Max earlier tonight when I stopped in Golf Galaxy.

The TS2 had a HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 in a 10.5 head vs a 10,5 Max with the Ping Tour 65X. Max was still consistenly longer for me. The TS2 feels awesome and is no slouch. On average I was probaly 4-6 yards longer with the Max. Longest total with the Max was 319 vs 310 for the TS2. I think alot of people are going to love the TS2 though. Looking down next to the Max it looks so much smaller. Hard to belive both are 460cc heads. Titleist did well this time.

how was dispersion between the two? what did you think of the hzrdus smoke compared to the ping tour? Thanks

Had my driver fitting today outdoors on a GC monitor. Current gamer is a 9.5deg Cobra F8+ with Elements Proto 6F5 playing at 44.75". I hit the TS2, TS3, and the Srixon z785. Coming in, I had just had my best driving round of the year including one absolute monster. To switch, I was going to have be wowed.

Srixon z785

Looks really good. HZRDUS Black was all they had, 6.5 75g at 45". Hit exactly 3 balls. Numbers were good, in line with the Cobra. But I won't hit a driver with that sound. Just not for me. I think it looks fantastic at address, though.

TS3 9.5

Best look at address of these four. Started in A1 with neutral weights in an EvenFlow T1100 white 75g 6.5 at 45". This was the combo I was set on walking away with by the end. I was 100% wrong. Could NOT keep it straight and the numbers weren't better than my F8+. We played with the settings and the weights, and it didn't really do anything but straighten it out. Numbers still weren't better. Tried the Smoke shaft and the standard HZRDUS Black, same results pretty much - just sort of meh and the dispersion was too wide.

TS2 9.5

Started in A1, standard back weight, EF T1100 white 75g 6.5 at 45". Every number improved except the dispersion was still erratic. Was surprised to see the other numbers get better - spin staying around 2100 on average, launch around 12deg, ball speed 160ish, carrying around 287 on average.

Then, we put the Smoke shaft in there...60g, 6.5 at 45". It was so good immediately. Dispersion tightened but still launched a little low (I can't get it higher than 13deg really). Fitter changed the back weight to +4 and put the setting at C3. It got even better. Didn't carry a single one, minus two bad swings out of 20ish balls, less than 296. Best carry was 304.

It's hard to emphasize this final point enough, but the dispersion was incredibly tight. Did not expect to gain accuracy while increasing every number and lengthening the shaft, even if only 0.25". Thrilled!

---

We put the TS3 back in with the Smoke at C3 and tried to get the weights right to see how it would do vs. the perfectly dialed TS2 setting. I just didn't get the same numbers or dispersion. I was in a little shock, but the TS2 +4g back weight with the 60g 6.5 Smoke at 45" is my jam. Picked up a consistent 10-12 yards of carry and had a hard time not hitting it straight. I wasn't really in roger range mode with any of the drivers, so feel pretty confident it will translate to the course.

Sorry for the long post, but thought it might be interesting to some of y'all. Took a pic of the monitor after one that I pelted right at the flag I was aiming. It looked like a tracking iron shot it was so bang online.

Went in to golf town and found almost identical nunbers from the ts2 with evenflow black? (White shaft) couldnt spin the ts3 8.5 enough so went to ts2 in 9.5 and ver consistant 2100 on good strikes. Numbers were the same as my g15 with steelfiber 85x on center strikes but the ts2 is one of the most forgiving clubs ive hit. Looks unreal at address as well.

how was dispersion between the two? what did you think of the hzrdus smoke compared to the ping tour? Thanks

For me the Max is about as can't miss of a driver that I've ever hit. The dispersion with the TS2 was impressive. Between the two shafts, the Smoke felt softer and easier to load. I love the Tour 65 shaft, but in X flex, it's really stout in my opinion. I did take a few solid rips with Smoke and it held up nicely.