2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

What Does Callaway Have In Store For 2019?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean Toulon basically said on the podcast with Tursky and Knud that the negativity around here is awful

It is when it comes to OEM Executives fielding questions. All of the sudden 1/2 the people on the site become ‘60 Minutes’ correspondents...but, without the journalism background!

This isn't a criticism of Callaway's favorite forum but a compare/contrast. I think it is likely that feeling negativity here is more a product of being asked real questions after being lathered in golden retriever kisses at the other place. The forum's are night and day with gear heads versus casual golfers, of course there is going to be a different vibe. I read about Callaway complaining and that becomes off-putting to me, it's seems they would rather be loved and told how wonderful they are.

Sean Toulon basically said on the podcast with Tursky and Knud that the negativity around here is awful

It is when it comes to OEM Executives fielding questions. All of the sudden 1/2 the people on the site become ‘60 Minutes’ correspondents...but, without the journalism background!

This isn't a criticism of Callaway's favorite forum but a compare/contrast. I think it is likely that feeling negativity here is more a product of being asked real questions after being lathered in golden retriever kisses at the other place. The forum's are night and day with gear heads versus casual golfers, of course there is going to be a different vibe. I read about Callaway complaining and that becomes off-putting to me, it's seems they would rather be loved and told how wonderful they are.

Honestly, who wants to come take questions and be ? upon the whole time? Why would anyone want to participate in that?

It is when it comes to OEM Executives fielding questions. All of the sudden 1/2 the people on the site become '60 Minutes' correspondents...but, without the journalism background!

Honestly, who wants to come take questions and be upon the whole time? Why would anyone want to participate in that?

Couldn't agree more - I think that there is a happy medium that needs to be reached - not as worshiping of somewhere else, but there is also a difference between Fair/Real questions that usually get asked vs some of the questions on here that people ask just to get either a no comment or a poor response. As they always say people remember the bad but rarely remember the good.

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

And I quote Roger Cleveland, "Epic and Rogue are nice, but for 2019 Callaway finally got the driver right."

Oh boy....

I like Roger Cleveland. He’s a super nice guy and has always left me with a no nonsense feeling about how he approaches golf but the snake oil is strong in that quote. If you really think the new driver will be head and shoulders better than Epic or Rogue or anything else for that matter then I have a big bridge I’d like to sell you.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Diamana Ahina 70

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

And I quote Roger Cleveland, "Epic and Rogue are nice, but for 2019 Callaway finally got the driver right."

Oh boy....

I like Roger Cleveland. He’s a super nice guy and has always left me with a no nonsense feeling about how he approaches golf but the snake oil is strong in that quote. If you really think the new driver will be head and shoulders better than Epic or Rogue or anything else for that matter then I have a big bridge I’d like to sell you.

I agree. I’m hoping it’s the same performance with a better sound. That would be “getting it right”.

It is when it comes to OEM Executives fielding questions. All of the sudden 1/2 the people on the site become '60 Minutes' correspondents...but, without the journalism background!

Honestly, who wants to come take questions and be upon the whole time? Why would anyone want to participate in that?

I get that, I used to take bullets on analyst calls so I can dodge incoming with the best of them!! I do think there are extremes, unfortunately both sites are the opposite ends of the extreme.

Funny thing about drivers now days with the max out happening years ago. The marketing departments have to have 3 times the budget of the engineers. I know, We'll get Cleveland to say we finally got it right. He's a wedge guy so he'll come off like an innocent bystander. Then We'll have him say 6 months later we thought we had it right now we really do with the newest model...and on it goes.

Rogue is a beast. (IMHO) Good luck Improving. Sound sucks but couple grams of rat glue and it cracks like an oak bat.

Anyone able to find Schauflee's irons in the USGA Conforming List?

Nope, and I looked!

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

Anyone able to find Schauflee's irons in the USGA Conforming List?

Nope, and I looked!

Am I wrong to think that's very odd?

They are certainly in play, so yes!

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

GBB Epic Fusion

Epic X

MD5’s

XR 19

PM Grind 2.0

Mack Daddy forged should be released before Christmas 2018

*Flash Speed Technology* in woods

*Rift* Technology in clubs

New Apex line

*Chrome Smart* golf balls

I’m surprised the MD4 only lasted 1 year.

i'm pretty sure the mack daddy series only has a one year life cycle so it makes sense.

GBB Epic Fusion

Epic X

MD5's

XR 19

PM Grind 2.0

Mack Daddy forged should be released before Christmas 2018

*Flash Speed Technology* in woods

*Rift* Technology in clubs

New Apex line

*Chrome Smart* golf balls

you must either work for or know someone who works for Callaway because you just gave me more info than my rep has given me. I knew about some of the things you mentioned but not all and I have asked him multiple times for an update on anything in the works.

Callaway really needs to change it up with the irons. Apex irons have got worse in my opinion. Rebrand them and start fresh.

I agree I didn't like the apex pro 16 as much as my original apex pros. and seeing as they are on a 2 year life cycle I couldn't wait 6 years for new irons so when the x-forged 18s came out I had to get them, I have been happy with them but i'll definitely check out the new apex pros when they are released.

i'd like to see a 16* hybrid that's adjustable. no company has made one since tm made the stage 2 tour in 16.5* and that's why it's still in my bag. it would go right in my bag if they made one.

I just hope their new fwy/hybrid lines have adjustability period. I like the rogue but much prefer the adjustability to dial things in.

I'd like to see the new fwys and hybrids be adjustable with jail break tech.

I've held the protos of the new fwys and they were bonded. I didn't get much intel on them except you could see they had jailbreak and there is both a standard and SZ version. The sole was a lot closer to the Rogue than I would have thought, but more flat like the Epic. It also has a different head shape at address than either the Epic or Rogue.

As far as wedges, I have heard the MD Forged is going away and the new version is going to be a mix of the MD 4 and Forged. Head/toe shape of the MD 4 with he straighter leading edge of the Forged. New PM wedge is coming too, but I haven't seen it yet.

Iron wise, the protos that Xander has been testing are going to be a new line, however from what I have been told, they don't know exactly what they are going to replace, either the Apex or they may even be the new Legacy model.

And as always, new chrome softs coming.

The new upcoming MD Forged wedges have already been posted on another thread as well as the new PM Grind 2.0's....

any chance you could post a link to these threads you speak of?

Callaway really needs to change it up with the irons. Apex irons have got worse in my opinion. Rebrand them and start fresh.

I agree I didn't like the apex pro 16 as much as my original apex pros. and seeing as they are on a 2 year life cycle I couldn't wait 6 years for new irons so when the x-forged 18s came out I had to get them, I have been happy with them but i'll definitely check out the new apex pros when they are released.

Yup

I agree

Still play the original Apex irons

the CF16 were no better at all (I think a little worse actually now that I think about it)

Yadi for President

I'd like to see the new fwys and hybrids be adjustable with jail break tech.

I've held the protos of the new fwys and they were bonded. I didn't get much intel on them except you could see they had jailbreak and there is both a standard and SZ version. The sole was a lot closer to the Rogue than I would have thought, but more flat like the Epic. It also has a different head shape at address than either the Epic or Rogue.

As far as wedges, I have heard the MD Forged is going away and the new version is going to be a mix of the MD 4 and Forged. Head/toe shape of the MD 4 with he straighter leading edge of the Forged. New PM wedge is coming too, but I haven't seen it yet.

Iron wise, the protos that Xander has been testing are going to be a new line, however from what I have been told, they don't know exactly what they are going to replace, either the Apex or they may even be the new Legacy model.

And as always, new chrome softs coming.

The new upcoming MD Forged wedges have already been posted on another thread as well as the new PM Grind 2.0's....

any chance you could post a link to these threads you speak of?

http://www.golfwrx.com/504086/spotted-phil-mickelsons-callaway-mack-daddy-pm-grind-2-0-prototype-wedge/

Is there a big difference between PM 1 and 2.0?

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1