2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Reviews of motocaddy and powakaddy

Hello Jere,

Thanks for your message and interest in the GoKart.

We don't have a distributor in the US yet, but could send you a GoKart from the UK.

As a rough guide to pricing, please deduct 20% UK tax from the price of a GoKart set on the UK website. I'm afraid the website doesn't include shipping to the USA so you would then need to add £140 for shipping.

Here's a link to the shop:

http://www.gokart.co...t-trolleys.html

One exception, I’m afraid, is that we are unable to ship lithium batteries to the USA.

The other limitation is the warranty: We'd like to be able to provide all of our customers with first class after-sales support, just as we do in the UK. However, with the high shipping costs and current lack of local support in the States, it's just not feasible to offer the cart with a UK-level of warranty.

Sorry if that sounds a bit negative! While we have always found a way to help with any issues that have cropped up, we do think it's best to be clear and honest from the start about the limitations of any after-sales help that we could offer.

If you are not put off by the potential shipping cost and limitations of after-sales help, please let me know and I'll get an exact shipping quote and provide any further details you need.

Yeah, that's the exact same response I got from them. I didn't find it encouraging.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's like buying something used; but the reviews on the gokart has been outstanding and they do stand behind their product. The gentlemen said most issues are easy to fix and they can mail require parts over. The battery is what most folks are annoyed with but an SLA battery is cheap on ebay.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

it's like buying something used; but the reviews on the gokart has been outstanding and they do stand behind their product. The gentlemen said most issues are easy to fix and they can mail require parts over. The battery is what most folks are annoyed with but an SLA battery is cheap on ebay.

Yeah, but the battery has to fit in their particular battery holder. How do you ensure the correct size?

Yeah, but the battery has to fit in their particular battery holder. How do you ensure the correct size?

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I've walked two rounds on the motocaddy lithium battery and still seemed to have plenty of charge left. Even if this thing does go down over the year/s I could see it lasting a good long time. Motocaddy does seem to have a lot of instructional videos on their site so I could see even if I had to replace the motor at any time - it *seems* like something I could do.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I agree that powakaddy and motocaddy are the better product but the cheapest model is 700-800.

I’m being cost conscious for those folks on the fence. 400usd for an electric push cart seems more reasonable. Instead of buying a new driver, get a go kart!

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I have the FW7S GPS and it's amazing :) Powakaddy > Motocaddy every single day.

Details, please. Why do you prefer Powakaddy over Motocaddy?

Well obviously he prefers Powakaddy because it is >Motocaddy of course!

Also because Powakaddy Roolz and Motocaddy Droolz...

I own both. And I have no reasons to choose one over the other.

The new motocaddy m series will give powakaddy a run for its money.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Details, please. Why do you prefer Powakaddy over Motocaddy?

For me, functions aside, I think Powakaddy really make the best looking trolley on the market. Its so slick. MC have lots of exposed screws for example, PK hide all of the connections and there are no screws visible. The curves of the trolley flow really well, it's like liquid metal. That is from an aesthetics point of view.

Functions wise I can't compare against the top MC model, i've only used lower models but my PK has GPS and 9 speeds (#9 is insanely fast), which is just awesome :lol:

that 230w Motor on the powakaddy is crazy strong. I put it on 7/8 and can finish my round under 1.5 hours when I'm in the mood to exercise and golf.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

my driveway is on an angle so what you see is an illusion. both push cart fits snuggly into the inside compartment. Then i have one cart bag towards the back and the 2nd cart bag on top of it.

Must be a huge trunk!

[quoteI've got a 2-series as well. Don't you think a Motocaddy M1 would fit?

Actually, looking at the photos Jerebear posted (above), it looks like you'd have to fold down the back the seat in order to get both a caddy and a bag into the car. Of course, once you did that, you wouldn't need compact model anymore. You could just orient both the bag and caddy lengthwise. ]

Exactly. The 2-series trunk is only about 30" deep and not too tall near the front. I have to take my driver out of the bag to comfortably get my ClicGear bag in across the back. While the Motocaddy M1 is listed at 18.5"X16.1"X25" and would work, the remote control S7 is listed at 40X24X13 and that might be too big (would really have to try it and see). The MGI Zip Navigator (w/remote) is listed at 27.1X24X15.7" but gets even smaller (27X17,7X15.7") with the wheels turned around. That looks like a package that would easily accommodate the cart and the bag.

I have a 1M (smaller than a 2 series) and an M3 and have no problem fitting the PowerKaddy C2i (newest version) in either. Both are a tight fit with more than 1 bag though with or without the trolley.

I love the unit and it's much easier to both fold/unfold and to play with then a click gear. The only issue I have is that I wish it had a "3.5" speed; 3 is slightly to slow and 4 is slightly to fast (except when going uphill)

my driveway is on an angle so what you see is an illusion. both push cart fits snuggly into the inside compartment. Then i have one cart bag towards the back and the 2nd cart bag on top of it.

Must be a huge trunk!

[quoteI've got a 2-series as well. Don't you think a Motocaddy M1 would fit?

Actually, looking at the photos Jerebear posted (above), it looks like you'd have to fold down the back the seat in order to get both a caddy and a bag into the car. Of course, once you did that, you wouldn't need compact model anymore. You could just orient both the bag and caddy lengthwise. ]

Exactly. The 2-series trunk is only about 30" deep and not too tall near the front. I have to take my driver out of the bag to comfortably get my ClicGear bag in across the back. While the Motocaddy M1 is listed at 18.5"X16.1"X25" and would work, the remote control S7 is listed at 40X24X13 and that might be too big (would really have to try it and see). The MGI Zip Navigator (w/remote) is listed at 27.1X24X15.7" but gets even smaller (27X17,7X15.7") with the wheels turned around. That looks like a package that would easily accommodate the cart and the bag.

I have a 1M (smaller than a 2 series) and an M3 and have no problem fitting the PowerKaddy C2i (newest version) in either. Both are a tight fit with more than 1 bag though with or without the trolley.

I love the unit and it's much easier to both fold/unfold and to play with then a click gear. The only issue I have is that I wish it had a "3.5" speed; 3 is slightly to slow and 4 is slightly to fast (except when going uphill)

My Motocaddy S1 is the same except for me it's a "5.5" that I wish I had. Normally I just set it on 6 because I prefer to walk briskly and when I bump it down to 5 (on level, short grass) I tend to keep crowded the trolley because it's moving too slow for me.

• 1 month later...

Took the motocaddy out to streamsong black today. My life is complete. The starter was being a jerk when I claim I can beat his pace and still score.

We got our morning round in at 4:15 which was the pace. We slowed down in the back 9 when we realized we lapped the next group behind us by 2 holes otherwise it would have been at least 3:45-3:55 range for a 4 ball at streamsong black where everyone was walking with a push cart.

Anyone serious about a faster pace in golf should invest in one of these and enjoy the walk!

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Just received my Motocaddy M3 yesterday and thought I would do a quick review after my first 18 hole round on it today. So far it seems to be pretty solid, I did purchase the upgraded lithium battery and the meter showed the battery didn't have another 18 in it. Kind of curious about that one, I thought these would last quite a bit longer? The other thing I missed from my Sun Mtn was the accessory holder that I use for my rangefinder and glove. I kind of missed that and it doesn't look like MotoCaddy has any solution for that (less storage)., thinking about getting the seat with storage box or I am sure I can retro something for those. All in all I think it was a good buy as my lower back feels much better!!! The hills with a push cart were causing a stiff/sore back quite often. I have to say I had more energy and less back pain after the round.

Ping G425 LST 9 Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
Ping G425 LST 3 wood KBS TD Cat 4 
G 410 17 Hybrid KBS Proto 75X
PXG Gen2 0311T MMT 80
Vokey SM6 48F-50F-58L
Lajosi DD201

Just received my Motocaddy M3 yesterday and thought I would do a quick review after my first 18 hole round on it today. So far it seems to be pretty solid, I did purchase the upgraded lithium battery and the meter showed the battery didn't have another 18 in it. Kind of curious about that one, I thought these would last quite a bit longer? The other thing I missed from my Sun Mtn was the accessory holder that I use for my rangefinder and glove. I kind of missed that and it doesn't look like MotoCaddy has any solution for that (less storage)., thinking about getting the seat with storage box or I am sure I can retro something for those. All in all I think it was a good buy as my lower back feels much better!!! The hills with a push cart were causing a stiff/sore back quite often. I have to say I had more energy and less back pain after the round.

I have the S3 Pro and also missed the accessory holder from my Sun Mountain. I have the seat and definitely recommend it for the storage space alone. Re the battery mine never shows anything other than full charge even after 18 holes.

Cobra King F9  Driver 10.5° Atmos Blue 6 stiff
17° Callaway X Hot 4 wood
20.5°& 23° Cleveland DST Launcher hybrids
Srixon ZX5 5 - PW Modus 105 Regular 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 48°/9° & 52°/11°, RTX 3 58°/9°
Ping Anser Sigma 2 putter

I bought the Clicgear accessory bag for my M3 and rigged a couple of the Clic rings onto the tubing. Its not perfect and the rings have to be adjusted every once in a while but it works.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Just turned 63 miles on the MGI Zip X3 I bought in mid-July so I thought I'd do a mini-review. Went back and forth between the X3, and the remote controlled Zip Navigator. When the X3 went on sale on Amazon I went for it, not sure if I wanted to be bothered with the remote and because at the sale price I saved over $900 versus the Navigator. A reason for choosing one of the Zips was their compactness. After I fold it up and reverse one of the wheels, it takes up less space than my ClicGear 3.0 which is important in fitting in with my clubs in the trunk of my small Bimmer. Zip must refer to the ease in opening and collapsing the unit... even easier than the ClicGear (although I have to remember to reverse the wheel again). The battery is very compact, light, and snaps on to the rear of the unit. So far I've at most only used one of the 4 charging indicator bars in any round.

My course is very walk-able with only gradual hills. I did take it to Bodega Bay and walked that very hilly course for the first time in my life. I was tired, but the X3 handled its part well. I occasionally miss having the remote to send it ahead of me. You can still do it by holding down the start stop button for a few seconds and then selecting a yardage but it is a little cumbersome and I have twice nearly sent it into a playing partner or cart be selecting too long a yardage... not good. The two other small issues with start-stopping are 1) there's a couple of seconds lag between pushing the start/stop button and the cart moving. This is to let you choose the above mode by holding it down, but the lag means I frequently give the cart a little assistance rather than letting it do all the work, and 2) with the start/stop being a big button in the middle of the handle, it is very easy to inadvertently start the cart just by unwittingly leaning on the handle (so you need to hit it again to stop it).

Those are a couple of niggling issues I can easily live with. Otherwise it's been great to use and leaves my 71 year-old body less tired near the end of the round.

Has anyone tried the Alphard Golf USA. I have a click gear cart now and thinking about adding this to my cat.

https://alphardgolfusa.com/

I've got one and love it. I got in early on the Kickstarter. There's a thread here about it http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1434050-e-wheels/page__st__210__p__17764564__hl__+ewheels#entry17764564

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

• 1 month later...

I purchased the Motocaddy S3 Pro back in April and very happy with it to date. I paid extra for the 36 hole battery and pleased I did. Played 36 with it for the first time on Sunday and it was fine. In fact I've noticed the battery gauge never seems to drop below full. Even after 36.

Second 18 was a bit slower yesterday so made use of the seat a few times which was nice to have.

Cobra King F9  Driver 10.5° Atmos Blue 6 stiff
17° Callaway X Hot 4 wood
20.5°& 23° Cleveland DST Launcher hybrids
Srixon ZX5 5 - PW Modus 105 Regular 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 48°/9° & 52°/11°, RTX 3 58°/9°
Ping Anser Sigma 2 putter

Picked up the Motocaddy M3 Pro in late August this year. I've played about 15-20 rounds with it already, and I absolutely love it. I used to be mostly a cart guy with the occasional walking round thrown in, but since getting this thing I've walked almost all the time. The only times I've taken cart were for a couple shotgun tournaments I've played in where everyone else was doing carts.

Some people mentioned back pain when walking. I was the same way when I used to push a non-motorized cart. I could do 18 holes, but then the next day I'd be pretty sore. With this I still get a little bit sore, but I've been able to walk 18 three days in row. No way I could have done that with the regular push cart.

I also picked up a couple accessories for it: a GPS device holder and umbrella holder. The GPS device holder is great. My SkyCaddie is always right there in view, no more fishing around for it in the bag every time I need to check a yardage.

My Motocaddy S1 is the same except for me it's a "5.5" that I wish I had. Normally I just set it on 6 because I prefer to walk briskly and when I bump it down to 5 (on level, short grass) I tend to keep crowded the trolley because it's moving too slow for me.

Agreed. I think 5.5 would be perfect. I usually have mine on 6 or 7 if I'm going up inclines, and I'll keep it at 5 if I just want to enjoy a casual walk. But sometimes it does feel as if 5 if a little too slow.

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 3H

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Apex Black '22 irons 5-AW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

• 4 weeks later...

The MGI Zip Navigator (w/remote) is listed at 27.1X24X15.7" but gets even smaller (27X17,7X15.7") with the wheels turned around. That looks like a package that would easily accommodate the cart and the bag.

I just saw an ad for QOD, who says that their electric caddy folds to 13.5 x 17.5 x 14.5". They claim it's the smallest size in the industry.

https://qodgolfusa.com

Just order a QOD. I’ll try it and report back.

How is the QOD working out?

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

While looking for info on a QOD, I came across this Wizard brand, it looks identical to the QOD. Has anyone seen one of these?

https://www.wizardgolf.net/collections/frontpage/products/wizard-electric-trolly

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

• 1 month later...

I am considering the FW7S with the EBS, and, possibly the GPS, also. Is the GPS worth it, and what is the best type of bag to use? Is the regular battery ok, or do I need to consider the 36 hole battery?