Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro Series.

vanya

Based on the fact that the 919 fitting carts have open clubhead spots marked with that name, I have to say yes.

IMO, a bit of fail not announcing it with the rest given this lets the cat out of the bag anyway. No matter what, there are going to be questions about where the HM Pro sits vs the JPX Forged regardless of when it's unveiled, and getting your own messaging and position out there is almost always preferable to unfounded speculations that'll otherwise fill the void.

I have hit all the new 919 stuff. If you like the genre of club the HM falls under, you will love it!!! Great looking, feeling, performing club! ;)

Ping Hoofer Lite

Mizuno ST Max 9.5*

Mizuno ST Max 3/7W

Mizuno ST Max 5/6H

Mizuno 243 7-GW

Mizuno T24 54/S, 58/D

Mizuno OMOI #2

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

I'm needing some forgiveness since I'm not the same golfer that I was back in 2005 when I bought my MP33's. I hit a 919 HM today at golf galaxy....thinking about pulling the trigger and making a combo set of the 919!

Ping G400 - 8.5 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV X-Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash - 3W - Fujikura 757 TR 

Callaway Epic Flash - 5W - HZRDUS Smoke 

Mizuno MP20 - 4-7 MMC, 8-P MB - Project X LZ

Vokey SM6 - 52/56/60 - DG S200

Evnroll - ER5 

Shh no one is suppose to know about this one yet...

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

Its a 919 HM with a slimmer profile and less offset. Basically a stronger lofted iron for someone wanting a smaller profile. Its set to be released in feb

So kind of a new version of a cast HM material 900 Forged?

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

I'm needing some forgiveness since I'm not the same golfer that I was back in 2005 when I bought my MP33's. I hit a 919 HM today at golf galaxy....thinking about pulling the trigger and making a combo set of the 919!

Did the same thing and ordered straight up hot metals on the spot. Could not believe how fun they are to hit!!

Straight as an arrow and to my surprise, looked great!!

Sounds a little like an AP3 challenger?

Sure sounds like it and it's a welcome addition to any OEM product line. For a 10hdcp like me who thinks the forged are not forgiving enough yet can't get along with the significantly more chunky Hot Metal something in between is just what I need.

It's not just about looks either. When fitting, we can't get the Hot Metal in the correct fitting window where the forged are the right club on paper but, just not forgiving enough. I have the same issue between AP1 and AP2. AP3 for me is a perfect fit.

Thanks to Titleist and Miz for adding the clubs I've been waiting a long time for! I've called out PING on this before. I'd love to see them put something in between the i210 and the g400. Specifically something with a little longer blade length for forgiveness. See, 10 handicapers don't necessarily need more height or higher launch/lower spin, or more offset. They just need a little more blade length to allow for our 50 cent coin miss range vs the pro/single digit who has a strike pattern the size of a dime.

Sure sounds like it and it's a welcome addition to any OEM product line. For a 10hdcp like me who thinks the forged are not forgiving enough yet can't get along with the significantly more chunky Hot Metal something in between is just what I need.

It's not just about looks either. When fitting, we can't get the Hot Metal in the correct fitting window where the forged are the right club on paper but, just not forgiving enough. I have the same issue between AP1 and AP2. AP3 for me is a perfect fit.

Thanks to Titleist and Miz for adding the clubs I've been waiting a long time for! I've called out PING on this before. I'd love to see them put something in between the i210 and the g400. Specifically something with a little longer blade length for forgiveness. See, 10 handicapers don't necessarily need more height or higher launch/lower spin, or more offset. They just need a little more blade length to allow for our 50 cent coin miss range vs the pro/single digit who has a strike pattern the size of a dime.

Best post Ive read in a long time. Spot on! It's long been a gripe for me with PING. (i5 kind of fit this bill.)

On a side note, PING has nearly wiped out offset all together in the short irons for some odd reason. I played EYE2 for years because I felt I could just swing the 8-pw with no worries. Pin shots.

Hit the 210's the other day in the long irons, and middle irons beautifully. Got to the 9, PW area and they started going right on me.

Ordered the Mizuno's....

(If the AP3's werent so damn expensive, I may have went that way. GREAT looking set!)

Totally agree. For the last few years I've been on a search for longer blade length with minimal offset. Only getting out a few times a year means I really need the forgiveness but don't have an issue getting the ball airborne. My "crazy" won't allow me to have a mish-mash set of irons so 0311X 5 iron, with XF 6-7 and "P" in 8-G is what I rock. I tried the MMC and Fli-hi MP before the PXG but just not as forgiving. Between the JPX Fli-Hi utility rumored and these I may be able to try something different. I haven't played Mizuno since T-Zoid Pro and love the looks of the newest JPX.

I would be very interested in 919HM Pro. I'm 61, ~7 hdcp and moved from forged cavity backs to CF16 recently to try to reclaim some of my diminishing ball speed. I hit the HM 900 when they first came out and was surprised how much i liked them, but went with the Callaway instead. The low offset 919HM could be a real winner I think for those of use that grew up playing blades.

Can anyone comment on the feel of the 919HM? Supposedly Mizuno has put some technology into them to make them feel 'as good as a cast iron can feel'.

I would be very interested in 919HM Pro. I'm 61, ~7 hdcp and moved from forged cavity backs to CF16 recently to try to reclaim some of my diminishing ball speed. I hit the HM 900 when they first came out and was surprised how much i liked them, but went with the Callaway instead. The low offset 919HM could be a real winner I think for those of use that grew up playing blades.

Can anyone comment on the feel of the 919HM? Supposedly Mizuno has put some technology into them to make them feel 'as good as a cast iron can feel'.

The 919 Hot Metal ( released set ) Irons feel fantastic!

Its not the the 900 didn't feel great its just that the 919's are a pretty nice improvement with a upgraded badge and ribs in the cavity to help the acoustics.

These "players" speed irons are going to be a hit as the market share for that style of irons continues to grow. AP2's many years ago started the trend of putting a lot of tech into a smaller players package and Callaway took it to another lever when the Apex irons came out. A club that was fast and had a "pro" model to allow for both combo-ing. Lots of lower to mid handicaps looking for speed to to these clubs like a duck to water.

I have not had the chance to see these elusive 919 HM "tours / pros " but if they are able to pack the speed and tech from the 919HM into a club that is more of the "Forged" shape and size with corresponding outset, it will be a winner.

Totally agree. For the last few years I've been on a search for longer blade length with minimal offset. Only getting out a few times a year means I really need the forgiveness but don't have an issue getting the ball airborne. My "crazy" won't allow me to have a mish-mash set of irons so 0311X 5 iron, with XF 6-7 and "P" in 8-G is what I rock. I tried the MMC and Fli-hi MP before the PXG but just not as forgiving. Between the JPX Fli-Hi utility rumored and these I may be able to try something different. I haven't played Mizuno since T-Zoid Pro and love the looks of the newest JPX.

old as the hills now, but the j40dpc's were exactly what I wanted when I wanted a low offset longer length iron. The reminded me of my old Ram ProSet long irons I had in the early 90's

Titleist Tsr2 9*

PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 15*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Ping i210 5-P (26*-45*)

Ping iE1 50*

Ping Glide 3.0 54*/58*

Ping Fetch

I would like to request they make a 3 iron in these things. Please and thank you.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Would these compare to the Cally Apex CF16? I might be in the market for a new iron, as I've always loved Mizuno irons. But I also love my CF16s. Hmmmmmm....

Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
Callaway Epic SubZero 13.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeded TS 6.3X
TaylorMade SLDR 2h 17* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
Sub 70 699 ProU 3i 19* - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X

Sub70 699 5-7i, 699 Pro 8-P - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X
Maltby Max Milled Wedges .900" - 50* & 56*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
Bettinardi Queen B #8
Titleist AVX Yellow (Summer) / Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow (Winter)
Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego

Would these compare to the Cally Apex CF16? I might be in the market for a new iron, as I've always loved Mizuno irons. But I also love my CF16s. Hmmmmmm....

IMO theyre a direct competitor and have a similar spot in the lines. I too play CF16's and these have my interest.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Would it be funky to have a combo Hot Metal 4-6 then Tour 7-P?

Probably. Plus you might need HM 5-7 and Tour 7-P to get the yardages right.

Two 7 irons. Bold strategy. I guess I'm all for innovation.

Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
Callaway Epic SubZero 13.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeded TS 6.3X
TaylorMade SLDR 2h 17* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
Sub 70 699 ProU 3i 19* - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X

Sub70 699 5-7i, 699 Pro 8-P - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X
Maltby Max Milled Wedges .900" - 50* & 56*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
Bettinardi Queen B #8
Titleist AVX Yellow (Summer) / Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow (Winter)
Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego