2018 Evian Championship Sep 13-16

Argonne69

Carlota with a solid opening round. Her name rarely comes up in the discussion, as she's prone to fade. A win would be huge, though, giving the Europeans three major wins this season.

Georgia not far back. It's been three years since the LPGA had back to back major winners.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a homer, but lets take away the Major status for the Evian and ANA and give them to Korea and Canada, at least they'll provide the galleries to make appear like a Major all 4 days. I think there are like 6 people out there watching right now lol

8. My son and I were watching it before we left this morning.

I really like this tournament. Maybe the scenery? :)

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Where has Lydia Ko gone?

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Where has Lydia Ko gone?

She's currently +1 after 17 holes. She had a nice eagle on the par 5 9th, and a birdie on 16, but four sloppy bogies to go with them.

Wow. Sung Hyun is +7 after 16 holes. Hee Young, Su, and Annie are +8. Ouch.

The cut is currently at +3, with a number of big names having tough rounds.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Definitely higher scores than we're used to seeing from some of the top players. Good to see Marina putting together another good round so far, So Yeon's up there too.

Jinx in 3...2...1.... :swoon:

Anyone know if weather has been an issue? Online sources show mid 70's with 50% precip, but I'm not watching it right now.

Definitely higher scores than we're used to seeing from some of the top players. Good to see Marina putting together another good round so far, So Yeon's up there too.

Jinx in 3...2...1.... :swoon:

Anyone know if weather has been an issue? Online sources show mid 70's with 50% precip, but I'm not watching it right now.

The weather has been great, it's suppose to change later in the day but looks like everyone will get threw round 1 before it does

I am boycotting TGC. If I can find an illicit stream I'll watch it that way. Besides the disrespectful treatment of certain international players' names, the GC crew is just so boring and apathetic. Their indifference is infectious. I blame Michelle's absence. Regarding American golf media, it feels like the air gets sucked out whenever Michelle is either absent or struggling. When she does well everyone perks up again.

Someone started a thread saying this LPGA season has been a failure for the USA. Well, the USA's Marina Alex just broke through in a big way and guess what, the needle did not move. I am all for individual American players continuing to strive for success but as an establishment, USA women's golf is done. Feels like it's time to for us fans to all break up and go our separate ways.

Wow. Sung Hyun is +7 after 16 holes.

Ah no, round 1 wipe incoming...

I was ouching at Su and Hee Young too.

Hoping Mina will make it though, and at least In Gee is doing well.

Hoping to see Inbee Park wins this event. I just want to see this stupid "controversy" put to an end.

It's so hard to keep track nowadays, I didn't know there even was an Inbee controversy, unless it's about her not playing the IC.

Ouch, legitimate, that seems really gloomy. I mean, watching tournaments and players is supposed to be a fun positive, something you find joy in. Would you be better off not listening to the commentators? Like when sometimes during breaks they show footage, with no talking (or better yet the off-air chat). The commentators really seem to make you less happy, not more.

Yeah, Michelle mania is a strange phenomenon. Don't know if anyone has a solid explanation for it, or they'd bottle it.

I might be wrong, but I think the US (or any country) is always just one strong exciting player away from greatness. It seems like that's all it takes to get a country going: one big name winning or contending often enough. I think Korea, with its amazing and huge field, is the exception, not the rule. And no one, including the US, is going to duplicate or compare to Korea. But they don't really need to. Just one player making a big splash does it.

US doesn't quite have that now (Lexi was close last year-ish), so kind of a lull. But just one, anyone, winning enough to show some sparks, would do it.

Love this course and all the severe undulations.

Sung hyun playing like that is terrible for her but makes me happy for my own game haha

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

C'mon, the course is wonderful. It doesn't favor one style of play, similar to the Players. One can't bomb and gouge their way to a win. The players have to position themselves carefully. There's plenty of trouble off the tee, including bunkers that come into play, severe slope, punishing rough, and trees. Missed greens are no easy up and down. The undulations are fantastic. Did you see Marina's putt? That's the risk of being out of position on the green. There are enough subtle breaks to keep even the best putters guessing at times.

With weather not being a factor, the course showed its true nature. Yeah, there were some nice scores, but the median was 3 over, and a number of top players got bit. Less than a third are under par.

More, please.

C'mon, the course is wonderful. It doesn't favor one style of play, similar to the Players. One can't bomb and gouge their way to a win. The players have to position themselves carefully. There's plenty of trouble off the tee, including bunkers that come into play, severe slope, punishing rough, and trees. Missed greens are no easy up and down. The undulations are fantastic. Did you see Marina's putt? That's the risk of being out of position on the green. There are enough subtle breaks to keep even the best putters guessing at times.

With weather not being a factor, the course showed its true nature. Yeah, there were some nice scores, but the median was 3 over, and a number of top players got bit. Less than a third are under par.

More, please.

If you're in position you can score if you're out of position really bad things can happen. That's all I really ask of any course.

One also has to hit the right shot to get into position. Anybody notice when Inbee hit a fade off the tee, even though she normally plays a low draw? One can't hit a low draw when the fairway is sloping significantly right to left. She had to play a shot she's probably not 100% comfortable with.

The course appears to be playing tough again today, as fewer than 30 players shot under par this morning. The best rounds of the morning wave are -4. Maria Torres continues her recent streak of solid play, and hold the lead at -8 after a 2 under round. Seven players are two back, including So Yeon and Georgia. Carlota, Nasa, Austin, and Amy Olson also share second, and are still on the course.

Megan appears to have secured a spot on the weekend, shooting -4 to bring her total safely within the cut line.

Now even Jerry Foltz has resorted to calling the number one player in women's golf by her initials instead of her name. Collectively the GC crew is getting dumber by the day.

it's crazy because years ago when Sung Hyun came to america to play the majors they pronounced her name right.

How the heck does this sort of thing happen? Looking for a human behavioral type explanation here. Can't help but think of the movie "Idiocracy". I am starting to believe that we really do live in a "post-truth" world and that de-evolution is really happening.

Looking forward to when Sung Hyun Park eventually establishes herself as a Lorena Ochoa-caliber, all-time great, and the American media will still be bitterly referring to her as "S. Park" or "that woman" or whatever. Too funny.

Now even Jerry Foltz has resorted to calling the number one player in women's golf by her initials instead of her name. Collectively the GC crew is getting dumber by the day.

it's crazy because years ago when Sung Hyun came to america to play the majors they pronounced her name right.

How the heck does this sort of thing happen? Looking for a human behavioral type explanation here. Can't help but think of the movie "Idiocracy". I am starting to believe that we really do live in a "post-truth" world and that de-evolution is really happening.

Looking forward to when Sung Hyun Park eventually establishes herself as a Lorena Ochoa-caliber, all-time great, and the American media will still be bitterly referring to her as "S. Park" or "that woman" or whatever. Too funny.

Just wait until the Asian swing. One of the Aussie announcers can make 3 mistakes just saying "Shanshan Feng." That's quite an accomplishment.

Nice -6 round by Amy Olson. Lucky 6 has a -5 round going after 16 holes.

I agree that it shoudln't be that difficult. You learn how to pronounce a name and use it correctly, regardless of language. However, to a certain extent the American media can still be clueless and call her whatever they want, but if I ever get the chance to see her again I'm asking Namdalla for a photo with her--and our dog somehow, I know she loves them.

The cut was made at +3, two shots higher than the ANA Inspiration (+1), one shot lower than the USWO (+4), the same as the KPMG PGA Championship (+3), and two shots higher than the Ricoh WBO (+1). I'd say the course was playing to major standards.

The average cut this season for the non majors was +0.6. The highest cut of the year was the Pure Silk at +6, which was played in very tough conditions.

Like the avatar update Argonne!

Thanks! That was taken at the KPMG PGA Championship at Olympia Fields CC in July 2017. 'Figured I could use something a little newer.