2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW: Adidas Go-To Adapt Jacket! 20 Members Needed!

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? - Austin, Texas
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 1-3
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Adidas golf shoes because boost is incredible. Old Navy pants because they're cheap, and FJ shirts because the fit is best for me.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Either scripting for majors or GOLFWRX.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit. Can't swing in a bad fitting outer layer. Next would be material. We don't need a super thick jacket in Texas most of the year.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? One that fits well. Hard to find one that fits my long arms without swallowing my torso. Or it fits my torso and it too tight on my arms.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your are? Anywhere form 50's in winter to 100's in summer.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes. I reviewed some Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align grips and the SLDR driver.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes!
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • continuing participation
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts.

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes! It may not be super cold in Texas by then, so I will be able to test the jackets breathability in warmer weather.

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. My go to outerwear for the last 4 years has been a Texas A&M Adidas 1/4 zip jacket that fits extremely well, stretches where it needs to stretch, and breaths extremely well. Well that sucker is about tattered and ripping all over the place, so I've been searching for a new jacket for winter golf this year. I'm looking for something that can keep me warm in the 50's and not make me sweat like crazy in the 60's-70's. Love the Adidas look, and have had good luck with my A&M jacket so looking forward to the opportunity!

Ping G400
Ping Anser 3W
Ping Anser 3H
Ping i210 4-PW DGTI X100
Ping Glide 50*
Ping Glide 3.0 54* Eye2
Ping Glide 2.0 60* E/S
Ping Vault Anser 2

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Minneapolis, MN
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 5-7
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Under Armour, Nike, Puma, Adidias, I don't discriminate.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Mostly by browsing online and in golf stores, but sometimes from watching tour events as well.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Mostly fit and comfort, but price plays a big part as well. Color options are a plus.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? To be less restrictive while also retaining heat for the cooler days.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Anywhere from 40's in the late fall and early spring, to 90's in the summer.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. I have not.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Most definitely!

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes, several times. I even have a tournament the first week of October!

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I actually have less Adidas clothing than other brands, so would love to try this out and hop on board with Adidas. I also don't have what I would deem a great golf jacket for the cooler MN golf weather, and this seems like it would fit the bill nicely.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)?

Long Beach, CA​

• How many rounds of golf do you play monthly?

​5-7

​Nike, a lot of color options, sweat-wicking options, striking graphics.

• How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)?

​Social Media, Forums, TV

• What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.)

​Material, Style, Fit, Comfort,

• What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet?

​Stretchy, warm, but golf playable jacket, deatchable hood.

• What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area?

​80f

• Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain.

​Yes, I've done shafts and golf balls before.

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:
    • quality photos
      • ​YES

[*]full initial review

• ​YES

[*]continuing participation

• ​YES

[*]ongoing feedback through follow-up posts.

• ​YES

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)?

​YES

• Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

​Being able to find a great golf outerwear jacket is not easy. A golf jacket must be warm, stretchy enough for a golf swing, wind+water repellent, not extremely heavy and be affordable. Finding this balance is extremely hard, and why creating a jacket that benefits all the stated factors would help provide greater attraction to the product.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Carmel, IN
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8+
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas shorts (style and fit), Under Armour craps (fit)
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Golf forums
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit, style, price (in that order)
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? n/a
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 45 - 95 F
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes, Titleist Tour Soft balls
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)?

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. Because I do not currently own any golf specific jackets, or any outwear, for that matter, that is golf-friendly.

Where are you located? Lakeside Park, KY

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8 to 15

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas shoes. Adidas in summer. Love the Climachill polos. All over the place in Fall and Winter, but the majority is UA because of price, performance, and availability.

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social Media, Forums, and manufacturer websites.

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.). Performance/Fabric. Need to be comfortable in varied conditions over 5 hours on the course and have great mobility.

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that made forget I had an extra layer on.

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? It’s all over the place. Sweltering in the summer and very cold in the winter. Fall is usually in the 50s or 60s. Can see a big shift in temperature as the sun starts to come up or starts to go down.

Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes. Reviewed a Cleveland CBX wedge, and stuck with if for a year.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:

quality photos

full initial review

continuing participation

ongoing feedback through follow-up posts.

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes.

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

I’ve always felt Adidas outerwear was a step or two behind the competition. I’ve had a few jackets and vests from the Climaheat, Climawarm, and Climaproof lines and didn’t care for any of them. Would love to see if the Go To Adapt line can match or exceed what everyone offers.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Wixom, MichiganHow many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8-10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? No brand loyalty except for Adidas shoes...the 12 wide fit me perfect. Otherwise whatever I find a deal on.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Didigtal ads mostly (retailer promos)
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Functionality (does it keep me cool, dry, warm, etc) and price, those 2 above all else
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Perfect blend of insulation that doesn't restrict swing or feel uncomfortable.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? I'll play between 40-100. Usually in the 80's here in Michigan.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes, once for the Cleveland RTX 4 wedges.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

Yes!

• Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? For sure
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

My trunk is full of stuff depending on the weather. Especially in the Fall/Spring in Michigan, the weather can swing 40 degrees from one day to the next. Most of my play isn't planned ahead and I squeeze it in wherever and whenever I can, so by this time of year I have 2 or 3 jackets, waterproof pants, hat, gloves, etc ready to go. Being able to simplify that a little would be great and cut down on having to worry about trucking 3 jackets around everywhere I go! This sounds like a great product for those of us in 4 season territory.

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Tulsa OK

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 5-15

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike / Adidas / Taylormade - style, quality, technology, performance.

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social media / TV/ tour players/ ads.

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) comfort / fit/ style / price / material

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that fits well and preformes in mild/ cold weather .

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Summers- hot And humid - winters are usually mild.

Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes- the adidas 365 shorts (which is all i wear now, srixon balls/ Callaway Balls/

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:

quality photos

full initial review

continuing participation

ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Absolutely!!

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes. Plenty of rounds well into even mid-late November

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. Adidas is slowly becoming my go-to when trying new technology. I love the boost technology in the shoes and the 365 shorts. I’d love to try out new offerings from Adidas

Thank you for the opportunity!

​Washington, DC

​3-5

​Tops: Peter Millar and Adidas - best materials and designs that fit my style

Bottoms: Bonobos and Old Navy - Bonobos is my preferred fit, ON is amazing value

Shoes: Nike and Adidas: style and comfort

• How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)?

​GolfWRX and playing partners / other members at my club

• What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.)

​All of the above! Fit is key as a big (6'5", 270) guy, especially finding sleeves that are long enough. After that material and comfort are king - need to perform and be distraction-free on the course.

​Had several pieces that are close, but the holy grail is outerwear that is high-performing in the elements on the course, and looks sharp off the course as well.

​We get all four seasons in the Mid-Atlantic! Warm springs with unpredictable rain, hot and humid summer, cool and dry fall, and chilly/windy winters!

​No, I have not.

Absolutely!

• Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)?

​Hopefully several times - but it would be especially great to show off at the charity tourney I am playing in Oct. 1!

​I have a bit of an outerwear addiction, on and off the golf course. (It might be hereditary... my pops has it too!) Can never have enough - need to have good looking options for any conditions. While I have other adidas gear (polos, shorts, shoes) I have never owned adidas outerwear. Would love to give it a try and see what I have been missing!

TaylorMade SIM 8* - Aldila Rogue White 60TX

TaylorMade SIM 17* - Aldila Rogue White 70TX

PING G410 Crossover 19* - Project X 6.5

PING i210 4-U - Project X 6.5

PING Glide 3.0 54WS, 60SS - Project X 6.0

PXG One & Done

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? North Platte, NE
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4-5
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas because their 365 pants/shorts are the best I've ever owned and has really turned me onto the rest of their line.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Tour Players, Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, GolfWRX)
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort and fit are most important to me
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something good in all conditions, offers warmth and flexibility without being bulky.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 70-80's
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. You never see any good reviews of apparel by normal consumers. I would really like the opportunity to be able to give an honest, unbiased review of a new piece of apparel.

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Rogue 125 60TX
FW: Titleist 915F 16.5 degree Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 20 & 23
Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 KBS C-Taper
Wedges: Titleist SM5 54 & 58
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select NP2

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Longmont, CO
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8-12
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? UnderArmor. The fit and style usually suits me.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social Media, Golfwrx
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.)? Fit and comfort go hand-in-hand. Style would be second.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something not made of GoreTex or rainsuit material that fits close the body but has room for layers underneath. Something that transitions easily from the course to the city.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Colorado is the land of layers. During the fall you can have an 85 degree day but before 9am its 50 and after 6pm its 60 with a fairly constant breeze.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? No.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Yes
  • Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. The Go-To Adapt jacket is aesthetically pleasing and looks like something that I would wear even when not golfing. Living in northern Colorado I golf year-round despite some interesting conditions, and a versatile jacket is exactly whats required--unfortunately I have yet to find a lightweight jacket with the right materials that fits close to the body, but still has room for layers underneath. This jacket looks like it could be it.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Columbus, OH
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8-10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? It's been Nike, but I have some Under Armour gear that I really really like. I have Adidas stuff too, my favorite pair of golf shorts are Adidas.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social Media and TV Commercials
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort & fit, then price.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet?Rain pants with a modern fit
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Summer mid 80s, Fall 60s, winter days mid 40s to 50, spring 50-60
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain.Yes . I reviewed the Adidas Shorts (my favorite pair) a few years ago when I won a giveaway. Provided pictures & a good breakdown based on my build and what I prefer in a short and how it met or didn't meet what I was looking for. Still have them!!
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket I love trying cutting edge equipment & apparel but it's hard for me to buy it at retail price unless I find a coupon or flash deal. I have a few adidas jackets & a nike one. They do the job but it would be nice to try something the pros are wearing. I would love the opportunity to give my feedback on how it feels and what I look for in a jacket. THANK YOU

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Richmond, Virginia
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly?8 rounds/month
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Travis Mathew - the clothes fit well and are made with good quality
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? This forum and Instagram
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit and price, blending the three together
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? I am always looking for a versatile piece that is water proof but looks like a regular pullover
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? I won't play when it dips below 40 degrees, which is only 1-2 months a year. Other than that it gets up to 90s and dips below the 40s
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. I have through the forum, but no official reviews. I am brand loyal and stand behind my brands informing others of my experiences
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: I agree
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I'd enjoy reviewing the jacket as fall approaches and with Virginia fall, it would be a great test for your product. I feel that I am articulate and good with technology to post great pictures. I promise to remain engaged to fulfill my duty for this review and also use this as an opportunity to prove to future companies requesting reviews that I would be an asset to their team, someone they can trust to provide thorough reviews for their products.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Bethlehem, GA
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 20-30
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Kjus, Galvin Green, PING. These are the best performing brands I've found, regardless of price.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Industry, GolfWRX
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit, Comfort
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Light and warm waterproof
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 90s during summer, 40s winter
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Yes
  • Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Possibly. Depends on weather
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. As a golf industry employee, I'm always interested in testing out new gear, especially cool weather gear. If you search my posts here on GolfWRX, I personally test loads of wet weather/cold weather gear, as it's an area of interest for me (VERY cold natured person). I think I have enough insight and experience with all levels of gear to do a very good comparison review.

Colorado Springs, CO

Nike and Adidas- their stuff is usually lightweight and flexible

GolfWRX and magazines

All of the above. A good fit and thin material is most imprinting though

lightweight and fitting rain gear

Summer- 85 down to 50 (late and early winter)

Never

Yes

I usually love adidas clothing and would be amped to get to try their latest offering

Awesome!!!

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? - Dubuque IA USA
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? - 20+
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? - My wardrobe is split between FJ & Adidas
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? - Digital ads and WRX
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) - Comfort and Performance
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Proper breathability for conditions. Most outerwear is either too warm or not warm enough.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Living in Iowa, we experience every temp and playing conditions possible
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes, I won a shaft but that was years ago.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. - Absolutely, I would enjoy the opportunity

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? - Yes, I play a minimum of 3-4 rounds a week

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket -

[*]Living in Iowa , I experience all weather conditions. The next few months especially will be a great time to review the Go-To Adapt Jacket. In the fall we experience cool mornings, warm afternoons then cooling temps again in the evening. Or it could be cooler temps all day! Hot humid, cold wet, rain sleet snow! Lol you just never know but I always like to be prepared. My rounds of golf vary throughout the week for time of day that I play depending upon my playing partners. So I will be able to review early and mid mornings to midday and early to late evenings. I would enjoy reviewing this new product and appreciate the opportunity.

[*]Thank you Adidas and WRX

Contents of bag subject to change...frequently 

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please) Kansas City, MO
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 6-8 rounds
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why?Adidas or Nike because they have a more modern/athletic fit than other brands.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.) Golf Forums and Social Media
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.? Fit is number one priority for me with comfort and price following
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? High quality & comfortable quarter zip that doesn't cost $85-$100.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Summer = 90-95 with high humidity, Spring/Fall = 75
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain.Yes, I have reviewed the Indi Golf Stingray wedge.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Definitely!
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes!

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

I would like to have the opportunity to review the new Adidas Go-To Adapt Jacket for several different reasons. The first reason I would like the opportunity is because I already wear a lot of Adidas apparel for both work and playing golf. I really enjoy their designs, comfort, and fit for their pants and shorts. The 2nd reason is because the weather is finally starting to cool down from the hot Summer we have had and I will be looking to purchase some new Fall clothing. I wear a lot of 1/4 zips to work and I'm looking for something that is both stylish but also comfortable to wear all day long. Thanks for the opportunity Adidas and GolfWrx!

• Fredericksburg Virginia
  • 6-8 per month mostly all year
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why?
  • Adidas and Footjoy - Ever since you introduced your ultimate shorts and pants I have been hooked, I also still do purchase a good amount of Footjoy love their fit especially their shirts
  • Online mostly
  • Fit, Comfort, Material, Style, and Price in that order
  • Best combo of the above, always seems there are a few features missing and you have to compromise
  • ​This time of year we are in the 70's, in the next 30 days I would expect the 60's, from there a steady decline through the winter, but, we do play all year as long as there is no snow. I have played many a rounds in the high 30s
  • Once, I had the pleasure of reviewing your Ultimate shorts a few years ago. As I stated earlier that got me hooked I even buy your ultimate pants for work.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Absolutely, no problem participating and providing all of the requirements

[*]Yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

[*]Of all the clothing items that I purchase for golf one of the most difficult items to find that is seasonal appropriate, and yet flexible enough to not interfere with my swing is a jacket. It seems most jackets that provide cover from the elements hinder my swing, and jackets that don't hinder my swing don't provide adequate protection or warmth from the elements. If the design of the Go To Adapt Jacket is as good as your ultimate line of shorts and pants, you will have a winner and am just the right person to let everyone know!!!

Driver Taylor Made Stealth 2 HD 10.5
Stealth 2 
Stealth 2 Hybrid 3, 4, 5 
Irons Mizuno JPX923 Hot metal
Wedges Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58
Putter Scotty Special Select Flowback 5
Ball Taylor Made Tour Response

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Columbus, Indiana
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4-8
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas has always been my apparel/shoe choice
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Tour and Social Media
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit and finish along w/warmth and waterproof
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Lightweight and playable fit
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Fall temps 40-50's, winter freezing and below.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes, most recently Adidas Tour 360 boost 2.0
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Yes!

• Participation includes but isn't limited to:
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES!

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I am always using pull overs on the course and off. I feel they are the best for me everyday in most fall and winter conditions. With the correct layering, I remain warm but still have full range of motion. I know that there is new material being introduced all the time. I would really like to try this jacket.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Where arw you located: Gainesville Virginia. How many rounds montly: 8-10. Choice of golf apparel: Adidas, because I love the comfortable shorts and pants, great colorways in the shirts. How do you hear about products: Work in golf store, Golfwrx. Which outerwear attribute do you value most: comfortable fit without too much restriction. Average temperature in October : 50 's and 60's primarily. Have you reviewed items before: No. I agree to provide a thorough review and pictures in a timely manner, and am golfing in Myrtle Beach in October as well as at home.

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Washougal, WA

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 6-8

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? No favorite: all about the the garment performance.

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Internet/golfers

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) fit, I tend to be between sizes and sr, lengths adidas does the best from a basic perspective.

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? A great temperature control ( I run hot) with real ability to be utilitarian.

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 53ish 40- 100

Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No, I have never been selected.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Yes

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Oh yes!

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

I should be selected because this is like the 30th item I have attempted to review and I exclusively use reviews to make my purchasing fir it were not for reviews I would not have the bag or game I do now. I loving hearing the opinions of others users of products and I would be delighted to do the same for others. I feel I am level headed and fair. I like most things to start, but am definitely objective when needed. Please pick me.

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Ankeny IA

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike. Fit and function. Style as well. Not gonna lie, TW is a huge part of it.

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social media/online

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort and Fit first.

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that fits well, is flexible, lightweight and keeps me warm when needed and cool when needed.

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 50’s spring, 80’s summer, 60’s fall.

Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Srixon XV Golf Balls. I still play them !

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? YES!!

Participation includes but isn't limited to:

quality photos

full initial review

continuing participation

ongoing feedback through follow-up posts.

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES!!

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I have been looking for the perfect jacket to wear to the course for a while now. Everything out there seems to be too heavy/bulky and/or too lightweight/thin. I am looking for something in the middle that can both keep me warm when the temperature drops and keeps me cool when it rises. It must be flexible and breathable, as well as reasonably lightweight. From what I have seen and read, this jacket appears to check those boxes. I would be thrilled to put it through its paces and give it a good honest review!

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Marshfield, WI
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? Almost daily in the summer, weekends only during the school year (teacher here).
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Quite a mixed bag here. I am a golf coach at a school who recently signed a contract to purchase exclusively Adidas apparel for their athletic teams, so the closet will soon begin to have much more Adidas in it (which is great, since I find Adidas to be generally quite comfortable). Apart from that, if a style catches my eye and meets my budget, I don't care much what brand it is. That being said, I've recently picked up 3 pieces of Sun Mountain outerwear that I quite like.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Mostly here on GolfWRX.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Priority goes to style and price. If I feel like the garment will suit me well on the golf course, I'll wear it there. If not, it becomes strictly a piece that I wear to work.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Warmth + dryness without a compromise in range of motion.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? I play as long as the temperature is above 40*, so temperatures can range from 40*-100*. Average for this time of year falls in the 60s...down to the 50s for October.
    • quality photos Yes
    • full initial review Yes
    • continuing participation Yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I'm always on the lookout for stylish golf apparel that meets my budget, as I wear it to work on a daily basis. My favorite clothing items to collect are 1/4 zip pullovers. Being a Wisconsin resident, it's not uncommon to find myself wearing a pullover up to 8 months out of the year. When I read about the Go-To Adapt Jacket, it seemed to check a lot of the boxes that golfers are looking for. I would love the opportunity to give my unbiased opinion and review of this garment to share with my fellow GolfWRX members. I tend to be a bit more of a lurker than a poster, and an opportunity like this has me excited about the possibility of making a significant contribution to this very knowledgeable community. Thank you for your consideration.

DRIVER........Ping G430 Max 10K 9*
FAIRWAY........Ping G430 Max 5W
HYBRID........Ping G410 3H 
IRONS........Ping i210 4-U
WEDGES........Ping Glide 3.0 54* SS, 58* Eye2
PUTTER........Odyssey White Hot Versa Twelve-S
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/955611-hawk3y3s-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Royal Oak, Michigan
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8 - 10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas, I am tall and there clothes always seem to be long enough, fit well, and are comfortable when swinging.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social media and Adidas usually sends me a clothes catalog every year.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit, price, comfort, style
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? One that is long enough but not to wide and baggy
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? In October it will be in the High 40s to high 50s. Maybe be in the 60s sometimes
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes, I reviewed some Adidas shoes for GolfWRX last fall.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes!
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I would like to review the Adidas jacket because I wear mostly Adidas golf attire. I want to make sure they are still making quality stuff that I can recommend to my friends when they are looking for golf clothes. Also I just love nice golf clothes and nice pullovers.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Boone, NC
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8-10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas or Izod
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Friends, GolfWRX, shopping at stores around me.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) I have broad shoulders, so comfort first, then will it keep me warm or cool. Price can be a factor.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? I get hot easy, but have learned as of late that I cant get really hot then take my coat off, get cold and then not get a cold. So something like this would be PERFECT.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Blue Ridge Mountains this time of year 45-80. I play in the morning and in the afternoon.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Nope, never been picked yet.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: YES
    • quality photos Yes
    • full initial review Yes
    • continuing participation Yes

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES, will be able to test it right away!!!

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket: I have broad shoulders and my go to apparel is Adidas and Izod so I like the product very much. I would like to review the jacket to see if it works. Up in the mountains you can get some major climate changes very quickly at times, especially this time of year. If this jacket can keep me warm but also allow me to keep it on if it heats up a bit then I would really like to get it. There has yet to be a jacket made that does this well. But what it really comes down to is if you want someone to really try this jacket in real golfing conditions, be in an area that has both cooler and warmer temps, plays in morning and afternoons and give honest reports then I can do that for you. I already like the products that Adidas makes and would like to test this jacket.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Gainesville, FL

• How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 10-15 depending on school

• What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? I tend to wear Adidas and Nike. I have always worn Nike but recently started wearing more Adidas since my club sells mostly Adidas gear and I have come to really like it.

• How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? I hear about a lot of it from social media, TV, and my club.

• What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) I prioritize comfort and feel of the product. I really like the way Adidas clothes have fit recently.

• What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that can be worn on both day that are really cold and days that are cool. I don't like taking off outerwear during a round so I'd like something that would allow me to keep it on for the whole round.

• What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? The average temperature is pretty warm right now, around 85-90*, but will start cooling down in the next few weeks.

• Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes I have, I was chosen to be part of the Titleist 915 test and it was an amazing time. I enjoyed answering other people's questions about the clubs and would like to do so again for outerwear.

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes, I would love to.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes I would be able to.

• Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.- I would like to review this jacket because it is something I am looking for in an outerwear jacket, and I would like to give my honest feedback about this to others when they are trying to decide whether or not they would like to purchase one.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Berlin, WI
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? I play daily
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Addidas, FJ and Underarmour I just wear what feels comfy
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? TV
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort/fit
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Comfort/fit while playing that has enough pockets
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Wisconsin, we got it all and I play in it all
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. no
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. YES TO ALL

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I just spent a lot of $$ on outerwear and none of them are perfect. It would be a great comparison to what I have already.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Edmonds (Seattle,) WA
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4-8 As the days get shorter the amount of rounds decreases
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike. I like their style and the amount of 'tech' that goes into their apparel and footwear.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? GolfWRX, other golf websites, Social Media
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Price is number one, but I understand that most of the time you get what you pay for, so I think that it's more about value than straight price. For outerwear the quality and features are the second priority. I want outerwear that will keep me dry if it says its going to keep me dry. I play in all kinds of weather including very cold and very wet. I don't want to mess around with wondering if an outer garment that says it will keep me dry is going to fail on me. I need that peace of mind.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that is very water resistant but doesnt feel like I'm wearing tent material. I want something that is soft and comfortable that will also keep me dry AND will continue to keep me dry after a few cycles through the washing machine.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? I golf year round. The summer AMs normally start at 55-60* and work their way up to the 70s. Day rounds are between the 70s - 90s. During the fall and winter the rounds are anywhere between 45* - 60*.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes. I have reviewed the Adidas Ultimate shorts. I also went on the most recent GolfWRX trip to The Kingdom for the #TwistFaceExperience. I have also reviewed other items that I purchased. When I purchase new apparel, footwear, or equipment I like to share my experiences with the other members.
    • quality photos - yes
    • full initial review - yes
    • continuing participation - yes
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. - yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket

[*] I play a lot of golf in the fall where a jacket like this would be ideal. I'm always searching for outerwear that will keep me warm and dry while also keeping me stylish. I'm tired of outerwear that loses it's water resistance and pretection after a few cycles in the wash. I don't like constantly wondering 'Is today the day that my jacket fails at the seams and my shoulders get drenched?' I havent been wearing much Adidas lately. I'd like a chance to have my mind changed about Adidas. I feel like the golf division of Adidas apparel has fallen behind with their styling. I enjoy normal Adidas apparel, but not the golf stuff. I feel like there are other brands that are more fashion forward and have more features.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Seattle, WA
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 2-3
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Under Armor; fits my body type best
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? TV, online forums, social media
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Weatherproof and comfort
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Warm breathable, waterproof yet not $1million
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? PNW, so it varies from 70-90 in the summer and 30-50 in the winter
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Haven't been that lucky yet
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Absolutely
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes--played yesterday and encountered everything from rain to wind to sunny/warm in the same round

Playing in the PNW means playing through all sorts of conditions throughout the year. Having good outerwear can make or break your round not only for comfort but scoring too. If I only had one "go-to" piece of outerwear, then it'd have to be warm enough for chilly fall/winter golf, breathable enough for summer morning rounds, and reasonably water-resistant for light drizzle. If the new Go-To Adapt Jacket can fulfill those requirements then it just might be a true multi-season go-to jacket.

</p>

• Where are you located? Bountiful, Ut
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 2 to 3
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Adidas and Nike. Why? Both are usually comfortable to wear, stylish, and breathable.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Facebook, Golf WRX, Golf Digest, My Golf Spy
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort, price, style.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Air Conditioning. :D
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 64.6*
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? Not yet.... If so, please explain.
  • Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I believe that I would give a well thought out and through review. October in Utah is a great time to test outerwear as we can have warm, cold, rainy, snowy, and windy all in the same month.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Troy, MI
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 1-10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Footjoy for Wind/Rain gear
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? WRX
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) material, comfort
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? warm, unrestricted movement with comfortable fabric
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? I play in pretty much anything and everything hot to cold
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No haven't yet
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Indeed I do
  • Participation includes but isn't limited to:
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES

I get to see all types of seasons and weather patterns in Michigan and through my travels. As a recent college graduate Adidas is obviously making a large push to capture my generation to solidify their position in the marketplace versus Nike and other players; so I would like to be able to test out this new go-to-adapt jacket to see if I can realistically make the full switch back to Adidas since I'm not using Nike these days. (Used to wear the original tour 360s in high school )

Taylormade Stealth 8.5* Kuro Kage TINI 60X

Titleist 917F3 15* AV RAW WHITE

Titleist T300 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X

Cobra King Pur 53* 59* Nippon Modus 3 130x

Ping Redwood D66 Red Iomic