SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Another vote for the MTB Black in optic yellow !!!

I could die a happy man playing the Black in optic yellow.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Having MTB Black in yellow would be great, but its not the end of the world guys! I am happy playing Snell since Dean started his company in 2015, as his product is as good as any ball on the market! And the value is outstanding. Cannot say thanks enough to Dean for what he has done with his direct to consumer strategy and proud to play Snell, wear my Snell hats, and convert others as I open their eyes to a better ball!

Hey dean,

Just received my second MTB 6 pack and love the new matte black packaging. I know it doesn’t affect the awesome performance but thought it was cool. Big fan since original MTB (when it said “MY TOUR BALL” on the side and congrats on continued success!

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

So, I used the MTB Black for a 5 round golf outing on 5 different courses and my best hopes about this ball were confirmed... I had the best drives of my life with this ball. So much so that my original plan to test my other new favorite ball (the AVX) didn't happen because I was too scared to take the MTB Black out of play. I really need to give the AVX a fair comparison, but superstition got the better of me... I didn't want to stop a good thing.

I think the driving was, frankly, down to me, but the first course had rock hard greens, and while others were unable to control release on those greens, I could hold them just fine.

The only issue I found is that a single encounter with a tree limb or cart path would leave irreparable scarring... They looked pretty bad where other balls would hold up much better.

Do I care? Nope. Love these balls.

Respectfully, I will beg to differ regarding durability. If you'd like you could refer back a few pages to the single Black I played10.5 rounds with hitting trees all along the way.

No doubt that was your experience, but I will say, as somebody who loves this golf ball, that my experience was not yours. I had three balls beaten up with one hit. I'm pretty sure I kept at least two of them and can post pics.

Playing in the fairways though, they stayed as pristine as any other premium ball. I'd put Srixon at the top in this category, but the MTB Black was as good as anything else out there...

with your 300 yd drive, what ball can last?

I love snell balls and have been going back and forth between the red and black. Been finding the same results as most with the mid to short irons being a little shorter with the red.

My first hole playing a black, brand new ball, par 5, I hit my tee shot in the fairway, hit my next shot in the fairway, then put my approach shot on the green. When I marked my ball to putt I saw that there was a pretty good sized scuff. My wedges are MP R12s. They don’t chew balls up. I’m still enjoying both balls and haven’t decided which I like more, but in my experience the black is definitely not immune to scuffing...

Having MTB Black in yellow would be great, but its not the end of the world guys! I am happy playing Snell since Dean started his company in 2015, as his product is as good as any ball on the market! And the value is outstanding. Cannot say thanks enough to Dean for what he has done with his direct to consumer strategy and proud to play Snell, wear my Snell hats, and convert others as I open their eyes to a better ball!

\

thank you for the kind words... we are always working on some new things.. my favorite saying, "let it develop"..... some cool new things coming for 2019.... white box testing well underway...

\

thank you for the kind words... we are always working on some new things.. my favorite saying, "let it develop"..... some cool new things coming for 2019.... white box testing well underway...

Dean, any thoughts on a MTB Black Soft? I would love to see the black a little bit softer, just a feel player .....not mushy or anything..

\

Dean, any thoughts on a MTB Black Soft? I would love to see the black a little bit softer, just a feel player .....not mushy or anything..

we are continuing making protos and testing.. we have a new test out this week, and initial results look great.. I will continue to read the comments and use the feedback of everyone here to look at new designs... "let it develop"...

I noticed 2 or my local Big5 either sold out or no longer carry the Red. Thinking they will no longer be on the shelves here in Socal

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I just received my trial pack today with the MTB Blacks and Optic Yellow Reds. I’m really looking forward to hitting these against my TP5x and Top Flite Gamer Tours*.

I also really appreciate the hand signed thank you note from Dean himself. Very nice touch. If either the Red or the Black are indistinguishable from the other two, I just might be a total convert.

*Disclaimer - I realize these are all very different balls. I’ve never done head to head comparison with the TP5x and Gamer Tour, but I’ve enjoyed my time with each so far.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

I played the MTB Red/Yellow today in 30 mph winds. Very impressed on how straight the ball went in those conditions. Very impressed!

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

Dean ... I'm playing the best golf of my life after switching to the MTB Black this year. That ball is almost perfect (could be optic yellow). If you add a softer ball, I beg you... Leave the Black alone!!!! (except for optic yellow).

I agree. The MTB Black is about as perfect of a golf ball as I can find.

Dean ... I'm playing the best golf of my life after switching to the MTB Black this year. That ball is almost perfect (could be optic yellow). If you add a softer ball, I beg you... Leave the Black alone!!!! (except for optic yellow).

+1. If anything, I'd want it a touch firmer rather than softer. Optic yellow would be awesome.

+1. If anything, I'd want it a touch firmer rather than softer. Optic yellow would be awesome.

+2. yes yellow mtb black as I have been campaigning for some time.

I put the Black and Red into play tonight along with the TP5x. I’m not the most discerning, but all three felt very similar.

Off the putter I couldn’t really tell a difference. However, the greens were extremely slow today, so maybe a different day one will stand out more than the others. I didn’t feel like I had a great stroke today though, for what it’s worth.

Since I wasn’t the only one on the course, I had very few chances to hit all three from the same spot. One instance I did this was an 8 iron. The only result of this was that the Black was about 5 yards further than the Red and the TP5x. However, I picked the Black very clean off the turf, not as much with the other two.

Generally I really like the feel of all three. I guess I need another round to get a better idea of which one I’ll “choose.” Since I’ve been using “practice” TP5x, the price of $24 a dozen puts it in the same ballpark as the Snells.

Right now the biggest decision factor is the option to get the Red in Optic Yellow. I suppose that’s what will take the lead for now.

Anyone else unable to distinguish between the Red and Black?

I did take Dean’s advice of not making the driver a comparison point - only really testing 150 and closer.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

I'm having a real problem picking a winner between the Black and the Red. Without question I do prefer to put yellow balls in play so a slight nod has been given to the Red and that's what I have been playing the past few weeks. That being said I purchased another two boxes of Blacks to do further comparisons.

One thing that I am confident about is that either one of these balls could be my full time gamer. I just wish that both were available in yellow to get that bias out of my head.

What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

Black was further for me for sure off of the woods compared to a Ksig, Pro Vx and Red. 10+ yards further... Like a rocket. Off of the irons it was more like 2-3 yards difference... although the red was like 5 yards shorter. I think I just spin the red too much.

All feel fairly similar around the greens and on iron shots. MTB Black will be in my bag once I'm out of my current stash.

I put the Black and Red into play tonight along with the TP5x. Im not the most discerning, but all three felt very similar.

Off the putter I couldnt really tell a difference. However, the greens were extremely slow today, so maybe a different day one will stand out more than the others. I didnt feel like I had a great stroke today though, for what its worth.

Since I wasnt the only one on the course, I had very few chances to hit all three from the same spot. One instance I did this was an 8 iron. The only result of this was that the Black was about 5 yards further than the Red and the TP5x. However, I picked the Black very clean off the turf, not as much with the other two.

Generally I really like the feel of all three. I guess I need another round to get a better idea of which one Ill choose. Since Ive been using practice TP5x, the price of $24 a dozen puts it in the same ballpark as the Snells.

Right now the biggest decision factor is the option to get the Red in Optic Yellow. I suppose thats what will take the lead for now.

Anyone else unable to distinguish between the Red and Black?

I did take Deans advice of not making the driver a comparison point - only really testing 150 and closer.

You could dye em...I've successfully dyed Ksig, Cut, Z/Q-stars, DiabloT,Supersoft, B330.....

You could dye em...I've successfully dyed Ksig, Cut, Z/Q-stars, DiabloT,Supersoft, B330.....

Interesting. What’s the process?

I’m sure it’s been discussed somewhere in here but in the sake of trying to save some time which Snell compare more to the V1x, the Black or Red?

I did not find either of them to fly as high, particularly off the driver but also irons, as the ProV1x. The Red definitely had more spin than Black so in that respect it is like ProV1x.

To me MTB Black was just about indistinguishable from ProV1. The MTB Red was much lower trajectory and possibly even more spin than ProV1x.

So my short answer to your question is, neither one.

Construction wise ProV1x has a thin, cast thermoset Urethane cover and high trajectory dimple pattern. The MTB Red is TPU and low trajectory dimples.

I am not sure I mentioned this before but a couple of weeks ago I found a MTB Black and played it for four holes before I lost it. I like that ball quite a bit. It just seemed nice off all clubs and didn't notice any distance loss and had no issues with the feel of it at all.

I also found one MTB Red but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I will hit it the next time out.

I noticed 2 or my local Big5 either sold out or no longer carry the Red. Thinking they will no longer be on the shelves here in Socal

I checked with Big 5. the answer is No.

Dean, anyone else in West/Left Coast?

we have some good news on the shipping front.. we have been working on some options for shipping with Fed Ex... now to california we will use a 2day express shipping for 1, 2, 3 doz balls... the value packs will remain 3-4 days with FED ex delivery... so hopefully this helps our west coast customers in getting them faster... and at no additional charge.

I’m sure it’s been discussed somewhere in here but in the sake of trying to save some time which Snell compare more to the V1x, the Black or Red?

Your results will vary - started out with Red but now playing Black. Red is probably V1x, the Black - V1 if you must compare.

For me, Red had more spin, especially on mid to short irons and around the green. But the Black was fine as to spin on greens, and I thought it was longer off the driver and long clubs.

Doing more evaluation... need to pick up more Red as I played it in conditions that were 70F and below. Started playing the Black in 80-100F weather. There will be a difference.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I checked with Big 5. the answer is No.

Dean, anyone else in West/Left Coast?

we have some good news on the shipping front.. we have been working on some options for shipping with Fed Ex... now to california we will use a 2day express shipping for 1, 2, 3 doz balls... the value packs will remain 3-4 days with FED ex delivery... so hopefully this helps our west coast customers in getting them faster... and at no additional charge.

i guess deal with big 5 not working out. I have been using nice $10 coupon to buy mtb red and looking forward to mtb black on shelf.