Most Economical CR2 Battery Replacement?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, I know no one reads a thread between opening posts and the last one. I said about a year and half ago to look into this battery from Battery Junction. I never had a problem with it, usually buy 20 then sell 10 to my club pro so he can sell it to his members. Price has gone up to $1.20 per battery but hellva cheaper than Target or Walmart. Lasts me 3-5 months each.

https://www.batteryjunction.com/w2en-lcr2.html

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Geez, I know no one reads a thread between opening posts and the last one. I said about a year and half ago to look into this battery from Battery Junction. I never had a problem with it, usually buy 20 then sell 10 to my club pro so he can sell it to his members. Price has gone up to $1.20 per battery but hellva cheaper than Target or Walmart. Lasts me 3-5 months each.

Geez. I read your post(s). I also don't want to pay for expedited shipping to get it in the time I need it. Kinda defeats the cost savings. This is why I asked about Amazon as I can get it in the time I need it and won't have to pay extra shipping since I have prime.

Don't assume you know what people do or don't do, and just because you made a suggestion doesn't mean that it works for everyone in every situation.

Geez. I read your post(s). I also don't want to pay for expedited shipping to get it in the time I need it. Kinda defeats the cost savings. This is why I asked about Amazon as I can get it in the time I need it and won't have to pay extra shipping since I have prime.

Don't assume you know what people do or don't do, and just because you made a suggestion doesn't mean that it works for everyone in every situation.

Bingo. You can get a 12 pack at Walmart for $21 which is about 1.75 a battery AND they are a brand name. Plus you don’t have to pay shipping. No need to wait - pick them up today. Similar deals available at Target. Often the shipping costs for online products negates any perceived deal (like used golf balls).

Bingo. You can get a 12 pack at Walmart for $21 which is about 1.75 a battery AND they are a brand name. Plus you don’t have to pay shipping. No need to wait - pick them up today.

No such deal at Walmart. Not even close. Nor at Target.

You must be confusing a bunch of mail-order and eBay sellers (who pay to be listed on Walmart.com) with actual in-store products.

There is no package of CR2 batteries larger than Qty 2 on ether Walmart or Target in-store and those are around $5/battery.

Bingo. You can get a 12 pack at Walmart for $21 which is about 1.75 a battery AND they are a brand name. Plus you don’t have to pay shipping. No need to wait - pick them up today.

You must be confusing a bunch of mail-order and eBay sellers (who pay to be listed on Walmart.com) with actual in-store products.

There is no package of CR2 batteries larger than Qty 2 on ether Walmart or Target in-store and those are around $5/battery.

I was just in their web site and that’s what was listed. You could pick up in store.

Bingo. You can get a 12 pack at Walmart for $21 which is about 1.75 a battery AND they are a brand name. Plus you dont have to pay shipping. No need to wait - pick them up today.

I was just in their web site and thats what was listed. You could pick up in store.

Send a link if you could. I saw some 123 twelve packs for that price, but not CR2. I'd like to order a few from Amazon tonight to make sure they arrive in time, unless I can just pick them up at locally.

I was searching for cr2 batteries as well and went with some panasonic batteries off amazon. When I looked and placed the order, it appeared as an add-on item so I just ordered some other household items I'll eventually need anyways to get it up to the minimum order amount. There were some cheaper 'no name' brands on amazon and a few of the reviews said they received old batteries that died within a couple weeks and another review that said the voltage was too high for rangefinders. Something along the lines of the el cheapos were 3.2 and rangefinders need 3.0. The panasonic has been working fine for me this past week and they seem to be the most cost effective among the 'name brand' companies.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3AEMJL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I paid about $6 for a Duracell two pack on Amazon last year. I replace the battery every January around the same time I regrip my clubs. I dont use the rangefinder near enough to have the battery die in a year so its just one of the things I do every offseason.

This is one of those things where I wont quibble over a buck or two. Duracell or Energizer, I can pretty much count on those lasting a whole season in a piece of equipment that draws/uses very little power.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I paid about $6 for a Duracell two pack on Amazon last year. I replace the battery every January around the same time I regrip my clubs. I dont use the rangefinder near enough to have the battery die in a year so its just one of the things I do every offseason.

This is one of those things where I wont quibble over a buck or two. Duracell or Energizer, I can pretty much count on those lasting a whole season in a piece of equipment that draws/uses very little power.

I ended up with two energizers for buck or so more than. That saved me from having to deal with going to the store and they arrived before my match tomorrow evening.

I'm in the same boat, I think this battery lasted me almost two seasons. I generally play 1-2x per week in pa. Season stops in Dec for most years and I shoot the pin at least once per hole.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello golfers of the GolfWRX forum! We wanted to let this thread be the first to know that all of us at Precision Pro Golf have been talking it over and we've decided to extend our free battery replacement program to all of you -- no matter if you own a Precision Pro Golf rangefinder or not.

Now there's no debating what's the easiest way to get a new battery for your rangefinder. Without a doubt, the most convenient way to get a new battery is to go to our website, answer five simple questions, and then in a day or two we'll ship you a brand new cr2-3v battery, which is the kind of battery that almost all rangefinders use.

There's no catch. There's no trickery or tomfoolery going on. And, you'll note, that we're not announcing this anywhere close to April Fool's Day.

Simply put... we'll mail you a free cr2-3v battery for your rangefinder, no matter when you purchased your rangefinder or what kind you have. We'd love it if you helped us spread the word about this battery replacement program, because this is the season to replace your battery so that your rangefinder is ready to go after a long summer of golf!

• 2 months later...

Hello golfers of the GolfWRX forum! We wanted to let this thread be the first to know that all of us at Precision Pro Golf have been talking it over and we've decided to extend our free battery replacement program to all of you -- no matter if you own a Precision Pro Golf rangefinder or not.

Now there's no debating what's the easiest way to get a new battery for your rangefinder. Without a doubt, the most convenient way to get a new battery is to go to our website, answer five simple questions, and then in a day or two we'll ship you a brand new cr2-3v battery, which is the kind of battery that almost all rangefinders use.

There's no catch. There's no trickery or tomfoolery going on. And, you'll note, that we're not announcing this anywhere close to April Fool's Day.

Simply put... we'll mail you a free cr2-3v battery for your rangefinder, no matter when you purchased your rangefinder or what kind you have. We'd love it if you helped us spread the word about this battery replacement program, because this is the season to replace your battery so that your rangefinder is ready to go after a long summer of golf!

This offer is legit. I received a battery last week. Thanks!

In the Bag:

• Titleist 690MB Forged Irons 3-PW
  • TaylorMade M3 Driver with TENSEI Blue Stiff Shaft
  • TaylorMade V-Steel 15° 3-Wood
  • Titleist Spin Milled 56° and 60° Wedges
  • Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec Putter