2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

North Jersey affordable private club options?

NYCTUFan

MGC is Montclair Golf club. They have Four 9's. Add in the acquisition of Rock Spring Golf club which they acquired maybe last year and you have another 18.

"Preview" Junior rates range from $5500 plus fees the 1st year for under 27 years old to $9500 to age 37. That's for the 1st year based on a 2 year deal that escalates in year 2. Year 2 runs between $6k for 21 and $11,5 for up to 37 years old.Year 3 the number moves from a low of $9k to 37 year old at $14k. per year.....

And then another escalation to move from "preview" member to regular member.

Also have to be sponsored by two "A" class members and meet board approval...

I have most NJ clubs rates and membership info at my desk. None are cheap...obviously you get what you pay for. The clubs mentioned in this thread are mid tier and not on the high end at all and from experience mid tier will run you $15k on up per year. Now that includes a year of all inclusive golf, carts, caddies, food, booze?, guest fees etc. that's just a ball park but it's realistic so as you consider a club be sure to look at the entire cost of a year of golf and activities, not just the amount to put your first tee in the ground. Many people struggle with $1500-$3000 a month charges for all the extras after the initial check is written. And then the wife asks "WTH"?

I don't want to come across as a downer but I'm just letting you guys know what it really costs to belong to a private club..

Any questions, I'm here to help and guide...Also as you move north in NJ, the number moves higher than central or southern Jersey.

I have the UMCC membership information in my hands given to me 3 weeks ago by the membership director...maybe they have been update since then..

the numbers are correct. These are dues only, not including initiation or monthly and yearly dues.Also they have a pretty elaborate interview process outlined in this package.

Junior dues are as follows and are by age of member..

18-28 yrs old, $4100

29-32 $5212

33-34 $7297

38-39 $8340

40+ $10425

For the record and noteworthy when thinking about joining a higher end private club.

Theses fees are billed yearly:

Club storage and range use $205

Mens locker fee $125

Mens prize fund $75

Mens hole in one $15

The following are billed monthly:

Club service charge $40

Capitol reserve $30

Master Plan $160

Mens locker renovation $16 per mth thru Oct 2018

Same number for the ladies..

Junior initiation fees are:

18-28 $3000

29-32 $5000

33-34 $8000

35-39 $10,000

40+ $12,500

Great deal if your under 30 with no kids....

Private golf ain't cheap....

I really think the nickel and dime stuff at a premier private club is insulting. Just build it into dues already.

The locker fee especially frosts my a**. What, do they want members to "opt out" and change shoes on their trunk bumpers in the parking lot like a muni? ?

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I have the UMCC membership information in my hands given to me 3 weeks ago by the membership director...maybe they have been update since then..

the numbers are correct. These are dues only, not including initiation or monthly and yearly dues.Also they have a pretty elaborate interview process outlined in this package.

18-28 yrs old, $4100

29-32 $5212

33-34 $7297

38-39 $8340

40+ $10425

For the record and noteworthy when thinking about joining a higher end private club.

Mens locker fee $125

Mens prize fund $75

Mens hole in one $15

Club service charge $40

Capitol reserve $30

Master Plan $160

18-28 $3000

29-32 $5000

33-34 $8000

35-39 $10,000

40+ $12,500

I really think the nickel and dime stuff at a premier private club is insulting. Just build it into dues already.

The locker fee especially frosts my a**. What, do they want members to "opt out" and change shoes on their trunk bumpers in the parking lot like a muni? ?

18-28 yrs old, $4100

29-32 $5212

33-34 $7297

38-39 $8340

40+ $10425

Mens locker fee $125

Mens prize fund $75

Mens hole in one $15

Club service charge $40

Capitol reserve $30

Master Plan $160

18-28 $3000

29-32 $5000

33-34 $8000

35-39 $10,000

40+ $12,500

Couldn’t agree more.

Let’s nof forget that you “booze” is not part of your food minimum...

I know guys that drank themselves out of our club financially.. ..club booze ain’t cheap either...��

Thanks to everyone for your input and feedback, it’s been very helpful!

My search has resulted in two realizations for me at least.

1. Unless you’re talking about a junior membership, you’re not getting into a decent club within a 30 minute drive in any direction of Montclair, by time it’s all said and done and the ink is dry on your check, for under $15,000 upfront (bond, initiation fee, application fee, etc.) and $1500 per month in fees (caddy fees, cart fees, locker fees, food minimum, etc.), and even at those numbers it won’t be that easy to find.
  2. If you have to ask how much, and if you need to sell it to yourself, justifying the cost by trying to break it down per round, then stop right there because you can’t afford it.

1. Unless you’re talking about a junior membership, you’re not getting into a decent club within a 30 minute drive in any direction of Montclair, by time it’s all said and done and the ink is dry on your check, for under $15,000 upfront (bond, initiation fee, application fee, etc.) and $1500 per month in fees (caddy fees, cart fees, locker fees, food minimum, etc.), and even at those numbers it won’t be that easy to find.
  2. If you have to ask how much, and if you need to sell it to yourself, justifying the cost by trying to break it down per round, then stop right there because you can’t afford it.

I live in Montclair and would agree. Luckily I'm still in the junior category

I've been a member at Old York down in Chesterfield since 1994 when they originally opened. I'm 50 now. All those years under 30 and under 40 and o always had to pay full freight as "young executive" membership categories were non-existent. Now at most places annual dues are 50% of full. Oh well...

Anyway OP, if you live relatively close to the turnpike Old York is a straight shot south to interchange 7, just 3 minutes off exit.

We have no initiation fee and reasonable dues for a single. Not an elite club, but a mid-tier fully private with a nice unpretentious membership.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Thanks to everyone for your input and feedback, it's been very helpful!

1. Unless you're talking about a junior membership, you're not getting into a decent club within a 30 minute drive in any direction of Montclair, by time it's all said and done and the ink is dry on your check, for under $15,000 upfront (bond, initiation fee, application fee, etc.) and $1500 per month in fees (caddy fees, cart fees, locker fees, food minimum, etc.), and even at those numbers it won't be that easy to find.
  2. If you have to ask how much, and if you need to sell it to yourself, justifying the cost by trying to break it down per round, then stop right there because you can't afford it.

I've been a member at Old York down in Chesterfield since 1994 when they originally opened. I'm 50 now. All those years under 30 and under 40 and o always had to pay full freight as "young executive" membership categories were non-existent. Now at most places annual dues are 50% of full. Oh well...

Anyway OP, if you live relatively close to the turnpike Old York is a straight shot south to interchange 7, just 3 minutes off exit.

We have no initiation fee and reasonable dues for a single. Not an elite club, but a mid-tier fully private with a nice unpretentious membership.

Old York, I’ve been lucky enough to play it 5 or 6 times and I love that track! Gary Player design on an old horse farm.

If it was 30 minutes closer I’d join in a second, the problem is it’s a solid hour drive and when you factor in shore traffic in the summer an hour is optimistic.

I just will never be there enough to really enjoy it. Great club, it’s just too far. Thanks for the suggestion.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone for your input and feedback, it's been very helpful!

1. Unless you're talking about a junior membership, you're not getting into a decent club within a 30 minute drive in any direction of Montclair, by time it's all said and done and the ink is dry on your check, for under $15,000 upfront (bond, initiation fee, application fee, etc.) and $1500 per month in fees (caddy fees, cart fees, locker fees, food minimum, etc.), and even at those numbers it won't be that easy to find.
  2. If you have to ask how much, and if you need to sell it to yourself, justifying the cost by trying to break it down per round, then stop right there because you can't afford it.

I saw Old York for the first time yesterday. I was following a group in a tournament of really good juniors. Now the conditions were not great (sopping wet, no range available, just over 40 degrees and windy) and they played the tips on almost every hole but the course really beat the kids up. The green complexes seemed nice but the layout seemed like one I wouldn't enjoy playing. Seemed way too penal in many places. Fescue, small bunkers in play on every tee shot. A few holes had areas of rough in the center of the fairway. Why? Penalize someone for hitting it in the center of the fairway? The 5th hole is an uphill par 3 of 205. Two of the 3 kids hit the green and the third was just off the right side. They walked away with 2 5's and a 6. I heard someone in a group in front of us 8 putted that green. I'd like to see the course when its dry and not so cold but I can't imagine enjoying this course on a daily basis. I'd love to hear the perspective of someone who plays the course regularly.

• 1 month later...

crystal pricing.

I don't know the courses, is this a good deal for what you get?

In this case Crystal Springs give a lot more than your typical public course, it’s more of a resort (multiple courses, pool, hotel, spa, etc). It’s not a bad deal, however I’m always cautions when “joining” any of the public courses. To me it just locks me into playing a track all season that someone can book a tee time on through Golf Now the morning they want to play, and myself personally it’s just about the golf and not really the extra stuff.

crystal pricing.

I don't know the courses, is this a good deal for what you get?

In this case Crystal Springs give a lot more than your typical public course, it’s more of a resort (multiple courses, pool, hotel, spa, etc). It’s not a bad deal, however I’m always cautions when “joining” any of the public courses. To me it just locks me into playing a track all season that someone can book a tee time on through Golf Now the morning they want to play, and myself personally it’s just about the golf and not really the extra stuff.

Agreed, why would you want to join an "public " golf course? With "after 2pm" restrictions? And none are good layouts nor are they well conditioned...

There are much better deals at better clubs to be had out there..My opinion is keep searching..You'll find a good one..

• 3 weeks later...

MGC is Montclair Golf club. They have Four 9's. Add in the acquisition of Rock Spring Golf club which they acquired maybe last year and you have another 18.

"Preview" Junior rates range from $5500 plus fees the 1st year for under 27 years old to $9500 to age 37. That's for the 1st year based on a 2 year deal that escalates in year 2. Year 2 runs between $6k for 21 and $11,5 for up to 37 years old.Year 3 the number moves from a low of $9k to 37 year old at $14k. per year.....

I have most NJ clubs rates and membership info at my desk. None are cheap...obviously you get what you pay for. The clubs mentioned in this thread are mid tier and not on the high end at all and from experience mid tier will run you $15k on up per year. Now that includes a year of all inclusive golf, carts, caddies, food, booze?, guest fees etc. that's just a ball park but it's realistic so as you consider a club be sure to look at the entire cost of a year of golf and activities, not just the amount to put your first tee in the ground. Many people struggle with $1500-$3000 a month charges for all the extras after the initial check is written. And then the wife asks "WTH"?

I don't want to come across as a downer but I'm just letting you guys know what it really costs to belong to a private club..

Any questions, I'm here to help and guide...Also as you move north in NJ, the number moves higher than central or southern Jersey.

****UPDATE***

Rock Spring will be closing for good in a few weeks..

Another sign of the times ......

****UPDATE***

I’m a little surprised but not shocked. What has it been a little over 2 years since Montclair Golf Club took them over? I thought MGC had deep enough pockets to keep them afloat but apparently not. In my circles at least Rock Spring has always flow way under the radar when you spoke about private clubs in this area so with the exceptions of the members I don’t think will come as a shock.

• 2 weeks later...

I play out of Basking Ridge and can get around the course in no time at all while walking. Just like any other course, if you show up late Friday afternoon it will be a long day. I like to sneak over there in the mid afternoon during the week and it is usually quiet. Once the course opens and if you have not found a place, let me know and you can come join me for a round.

Ping G400 AD-DI
Ping G425 3 Wood

Adams XTD 3 Hybrid
Srixon ZX7 4-PW
Scratch 53 & 58
Studio Select Kombi

• 1 month later...

As stated earlier, the OP's original check list is a pipe dream. The use of pull carts is also not gonna fly at any private club in the area.

Forest Hill Field Club is the cheapest to join in the area for a private club in good shape.

Glenwood is not worth playing for free, let alone joining for an initiation fee! I am surprised they are still in business! DO NOT GET FOOLED INTO JOINING THERE!

If you are pinching pennies, a private club is not for you. However there is no shortage of good public golf within an hour of the city. Mansion Ridge and Patriot Hills come to mind, plus The Bethpage's, dozens of courses in west NJ. Honestly, stay away from the private clubs and stick to golf now. You will be a much richer, and happier person for it.

****UPDATE***

Woah. That’s interesting to hear. I need to finalize a club decision in the next couple weeks. This snow is going to melt fast, or so I hope.

w/ the emergence of a reciprocity network like thousandgreens.com which has a massive NJ Footprint already (albeit tiered), perhaps paying very little for a glenwood membership would have some benefits as you could request your way onto other NJ clubs in the same tier and also accept open offers from clubs in tiers above you. the site's tiered in such a way that world top 100's are "platinium", us top 100-200 gold, regional top 25-50 silver, every other private club bronze (more or less).

long story short, the days of joining a private club and only playing there (or relying on a head pro to set up your reciprocity ad hoc) are over and even a sub-optimal private membership now has benefits that didn't exist 2-3 years ago.

w/ the emergence of a reciprocity network like thousandgreens.com which has a massive NJ Footprint already (albeit tiered), perhaps paying very little for a glenwood membership would have some benefits as you could request your way onto other NJ clubs in the same tier and also accept open offers from clubs in tiers above you. the site's tiered in such a way that world top 100's are "platinium", us top 100-200 gold, regional top 25-50 silver, every other private club bronze (more or less).

long story short, the days of joining a private club and only playing there (or relying on a head pro to set up your reciprocity ad hoc) are over and even a sub-optimal private membership now has benefits that didn't exist 2-3 years ago.

So which part of this makes sense? If you are already a member of a club, as you said, you can have your pro call for reciprocity, so why join a "social network" that requires an additional payment (they need to make money in some way) when you already have a network of PGA pros that already works?

And if you were a member at Glenwood, what other courses are on that tier? You will definitely not be reciprocating with any desirable course, maybe just other run down private clubs. Also, how many members of these clubs are as tech addicted that they want to join a social network? 3%? Thousand Greens seems like a scam .

Thousand greens is free man, completely. Look it up. Have you been a member of a private club before? The idea that pga pros make calls on your behalf at your whim is a pipe dream. They have to manage their chips so to speak. I got on more other private clubs last year alone through TG than I did collectively the 12 years prior when trying to utilize the pga pro at my club.

You’d also be surprised what clubs fall into that lowest tier in NJ. Springdale gc is on that tier, for example.

Additionally as originally stated I said that quite often offers are put up tier agnostic. For example a host at somerset Hills is willing to bring ppl in from lower tiers and that’s in the highest tier on the site.

I suggest you do a google search on thousandgreens as between golf.com and thefriedegg there’s enough out there to understand the platform.

Thousand greens is free man, completely. Look it up. Have you been a member of a private club before? The idea that pga pros make calls on your behalf at your whim is a pipe dream. They have to manage their chips so to speak. I got on more other private clubs last year alone through TG than I did collectively the 12 years prior when trying to utilize the pga pro at my club.

You’d also be surprised what clubs fall into that lowest tier in NJ. Springdale gc is on that tier, for example.

Additionally as originally stated I said that quite often offers are put up tier agnostic. For example a host at somerset Hills is willing to bring ppl in from lower tiers and that’s in the highest tier on the site.

I suggest you do a google search on thousandgreens as between golf.com and thefriedegg there’s enough out there to understand the platform.

I am in the PGA, have worked at 3 different private clubs in the immediate NYC area, 1 in florida, and we deal with reciprocity all the time. In fact, the club I am working at now in Florida has been doing recips with private clubs from nj and other clubs around the country all season. In excess of 50 rounds of reciprocity in fact.

As a PGA member, there is a certain unspoken respect among members to allow reciprocity on a regular, non abusive basis. Although I have not been a member of a private club, I have been the guy to make the reciprocal rounds happen. They do exist, and it is a common practice.

I guess it is also common in 2019 for tech companies to run and not turn a profit. However that doesn't seem too sustainable to me, they have to make money somehow. Golf Now charges a booking fee, other places charge initiation fees. Is thousandgreens a charity organization? Because that is how it seems you are describing them.

I am also sorry that your local pro sounds so lackluster. Unfortunately the customer service aspect gets overlooked way too often in the golf industry. I understand that without the golfers who show up, I do not have a job. Therefore my job is to make sure that those who show up to the course and pay, that they have a welcoming and enjoyable experience. And if I can offer any knowledge or advice, I am more than happy to do so.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

> @Ferretts said:

> As stated earlier, the OP's original check list is a pipe dream. The use of pull carts is also not gonna fly at any private club in the area.

>

>

>

> Forest Hill Field Club is the cheapest to

> @Ferretts said:

> As stated earlier, the OP's original check list is a pipe dream. The use of pull carts is also not gonna fly at any private club in the area.

>

>

>

> Forest Hill Field Club is the cheapest to join in the area for a private club in good shape.

>

>

>

> Glenwood is not worth playing for free, let alone joining for an initiation fee! I am surprised they are still in business! DO NOT GET FOOLED INTO JOINING THERE!

>

>

>

> If you are pinching pennies, a private club is not for you. However there is no shortage of good public golf within an hour of the city. Mansion Ridge and Patriot Hills come to mind, plus The Bethpage's, dozens of courses in west NJ. Honestly, stay away from the private clubs and stick to golf now. You will be a much richer, and happier person for it.

For those people saying just go public vs private, don’t underestimate the power of the private clubs in terms of friends and network.

I’ve been part of a private NNJ club for 25+ years and besides having a great collection of golf buddies, I’m also connected to some of the best lawyers, doctors and businessmen who’ve helped my college kids get internships and jobs. There is no way to put a price on all that.

The good news is that a lot of the local top end clubs have recently dramatically dropped their initiation fees.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your feedback, it’s very much appreciated. After a whole lot of legwork (I’ve checked into close to 20 clubs in the area), I have found a club that comes pretty close to checking all the boxes. Newton Country Club in Andover Township NJ looks pretty promising and I’m pretty close to pulling the trigger on a membership. Based on my original post and what I was looking for here are the details:

• 40 miles or less, 45 minutes or less from Montclair. – It’s in the ball park, 40 miles and 50 minutes.

• 100% private, no semi private. – Yes, 100% private

• Under $5000 per year. – Full membership no, but they do have an unlimited weekend membership that allows 10 weekday rounds at the normal guest greens fees. Even with paying for 10 weekday rounds it’s well under $5,000 per year. 90% of my golf is on weekends and holidays so this works fine.

• Course that’s a solid test of golf for a single digit handicap with a great practice facility. – It’s a typical 100 year old Northeast club, it’s not Bethpage Black from a difficulty standpoint or Augusta National from a conditions standpoint but it’s definitely a solid test of golf. Full grass range and practice green as well as a separate short game area with practice bunkers. It’s a good solid practice facility.

• No Initiation, bond, or food and beverage minimum. – Imitation is waived but there is a small bond, but it can be paid off over up to a 10 year period so it’s VERY manageable. Same with the food minimum, $400 for the year, very manageable.

• Sub 4.5 hour rounds. – Definitely, I played a preview round on a prime time Friday and as a 4 some we finished in 4 hours and we stopped at the turn.

• Allows walking with a push cart. – Walking is permitted with no additional walking fees, push carts are fine. I was told about half the membership walks.

• Good competitive group who like to play for a couple of bucks (nothing crazy, a $5 or $10 Nassau to keep things interesting). – Only time will tell on this one but the few guys I met seemed like good guys.

Clubhouse is basic but it’s very nice, locker rooms are good. They have a good restaurant, a full social calendar and tournament schedule.

It’s not perfect, but it comes pretty close to private club golf on a budget.

Thanks again everyone, I just wanted to keep you posted, feel free to shoot me a message with any questions.

• Like 2

> @NYCTUFan said:

> Thanks everyone for your feedback, it’s very much appreciated. After a whole lot of legwork (I’ve checked into close to 20 clubs in the area), I have found a club that comes pretty close to checking all the boxes. Newton Country Club in Andover Township NJ looks pretty promising and I’m pretty close to pulling the trigger on a membership. Based on my original post and what I was looking for here are the details:

>

> • 40 miles or less, 45 minutes or less from Montclair. – It’s in the ball park, 40 miles and 50 minutes.

> • 100% private, no semi private. – Yes, 100% private

> • Under $5000 per year. – Full membership no, but they do have an unlimited weekend membership that allows 10 weekday rounds at the normal guest greens fees. Even with paying for 10 weekday rounds it’s well under $5,000 per year. 90% of my golf is on weekends and holidays so this works fine.

> • Course that’s a solid test of golf for a single digit handicap with a great practice facility. – It’s a typical 100 year old Northeast club, it’s not Bethpage Black from a difficulty standpoint or Augusta National from a conditions standpoint but it’s definitely a solid test of golf. Full grass range and practice green as well as a separate short game area with practice bunkers. It’s a good solid practice facility.

> • No Initiation, bond, or food and beverage minimum. – Imitation is waived but there is a small bond, but it can be paid off over up to a 10 year period so it’s VERY manageable. Same with the food minimum, $400 for the year, very manageable.

> • Sub 4.5 hour rounds. – Definitely, I played a preview round on a prime time Friday and as a 4 some we finished in 4 hours and we stopped at the turn.

> • Allows walking with a push cart. – Walking is permitted with no additional walking fees, push carts are fine. I was told about half the membership walks.

> • Good competitive group who like to play for a couple of bucks (nothing crazy, a $5 or $10 Nassau to keep things interesting). – Only time will tell on this one but the few guys I met seemed like good guys.

>

> Clubhouse is basic but it’s very nice, locker rooms are good. They have a good restaurant, a full social calendar and tournament schedule.

>

> It’s not perfect, but it comes pretty close to private club golf on a budget.

>

> Thanks again everyone, I just wanted to keep you posted, feel free to shoot me a message with any questions.

>

Congrats!

Ping G400 AD-DI
Ping G425 3 Wood

Adams XTD 3 Hybrid
Srixon ZX7 4-PW
Scratch 53 & 58
Studio Select Kombi

> @NJgolfer11 said:

> NYCTUFan wrote:

>

>

>

> Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback. Like i said, i knew i was looking for a Unicorn.

>

>

>

> I’m going to check out Glenwood but I’m getting the feeling there is a pretty good chance I will end up playing the 2019 season out of Neshanic Valley, which all things considered is not a bad thing.

>

>

>

> I think the game plan is get the kids through 2 more years of college then look to pay 15K – 40K bond and $1000 a month at one of the private clubs within 15 minutes of my house so I can take full advantage of the club lifestyle.

>

>

>

> I haven’t looked into the numbers yet because I know even a good deal will be out of my price range at this point, but can anyone shed some light on the bond, dues, initiation fee, etc for Montclair GC, Essex Fells CC, Upper Montclair GC, Essex County CC, Mountain Ridge, or Greenbrook?

>

>

>

> Thanks again for the insight.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Essex County may work but your dues will be over $1,000 a month when you factor in carts/caddies, food/beverage, etc.

>

>

>

> NJ National is a great deal if you are looking for a place where you can walk and carry your own bag and all.

>

>

>

> Green Brook is an excellent golf course but they are rather pricey as well.

>

>

>

> Mountain Ridge I believe is predominately a Jewish club, so if you are not Jewish, it may be very hard for you, Plus there initiation and dues are very high.

>

>

>

> Check out Metuchen Golf & Country Club. Very nice course and reasonable dues. There is no true range though but the course is great, nice clubhouse and the members are awesome.

>

>

>

> Black Oak in Morris County is supposed to be great. They just opened a new clubhouse and it is strictly golf. I would look there too.

>

>

>

> Good luck with your search!

I have played Black Oak, my company does an annual outing there (As I type this, I'm sitting, literally 3 miles from there) and it's a fantastic course and the new clubhouse is awesome. However, I don't think they allow walking because that course is really spread out. We're talking easily a 3 min cart drive from the 1st green to the 2nd tee.

> @golfer07840 said:

>

> I have played Black Oak, my company does an annual outing there (As I type this, I'm sitting, literally 3 miles from there) and it's a fantastic course and the new clubhouse is awesome. However, I don't think they allow walking because that course is really spread out. We're talking easily a 3 min cart drive from the 1st green to the 2nd tee.

well, i just got done talking to the membership coordinator at BO -- after reading this - if i can't walk it, i won't join.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”