2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

mackenzie golfbags?

Took it with me to sand valley. Once again the best carrying/caddie bag in golf.

Nice! I was up there earlier this week with my Mackenzie but I just went up to play the Sand Box (its only 90 mons from me), which was plenty of fun! Looking forward to trying the big courses there one of these days.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

Hey there folks. First post here!

I’m gearing up to purchase my first Mackenzie bag. My 2013 hoofer has lasted long enough and I find myself walking about 90% of my rounds since joining a club here in Kansas City. I’ve always been fascinated with these bags and have really enjoyed following the “movement” on social media.

Anywho...any thoughts on ballistic vs canvas? I plan to have this bag for a long time so I’m not super sensitive to the cost difference if canvas is far and away the better option. I’m personally not interested in leather.

Thanks in advance.

I have both, ballistic (black) and waxed canvas (brown) and functionally they're identical bags. Same diameter, same height, same two pockets, etc. The only difference is aesthetic difference between nylon and waxed canvas. I think they're both great looking bags, but I personally prefer the waxed canvas bag because once you get about 10 feet away from the bag, it has this look that resembles a suede. Nylon however tends to be more dirt(y) resistant.

While I'm at it, I also have a couple of leather ones, and you can't beat the look, feel, of the leather ones. :)

Hey there folks. First post here!

I’m gearing up to purchase my first Mackenzie bag. My 2013 hoofer has lasted long enough and I find myself walking about 90% of my rounds since joining a club here in Kansas City. I’ve always been fascinated with these bags and have really enjoyed following the “movement” on social media.

Anywho...any thoughts on ballistic vs canvas? I plan to have this bag for a long time so I’m not super sensitive to the cost difference if canvas is far and away the better option. I’m personally not interested in leather.

Thanks in advance.

I’d say ballistic for the resistant qualities

What are your guys' favourite types of Mackenzie's? What are the pros and cons of each?

Functionally they're all really the same bag and they come with the same pros (lightweight, looks, nostalgic, etc) and same cons (no stand, limited storage, etc). The only functional different between some bags is 1 pocket or 2. My Mackenzies have all have 2.

I personally prefer the leather mackenzies as I think they're great looking bags.

What are your guys' favourite types of Mackenzie's? What are the pros and cons of each?

Functionally they're all really the same bag and they come with the same pros (lightweight, looks, nostalgic, etc) and same cons (no stand, limited storage, etc). The only functional different between some bags is 1 pocket or 2. My Mackenzies have all have 2.

I personally prefer the leather mackenzies as I think they're great looking bags.

Alright thanks

I went with the ballistic Walker with the added water bottle sleeve. Absolutely love it, great bag. Add some trestle sticks from Claret Dreamer on Instagram and you’re all set.

I bought mine before the waxed canvas was available. Back then it was just over $300 for nylon or like $1000 for leather. Having seen a couple waxed canvas ones in person they are really nice and were I ordering a new one today I’d be very tempted to spring for that.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

• 4 weeks later...

I have a ballistic and love it. I’ve played 36 in a mist / occasional drizzle and I faired as well as I would have with my ping hoofers.

Part of the appeal for me was a return to simple golf and the minimalist aspects of these bags. I got some good advice from Nic at Mackenzie and the Sugarloaf Social Club folks who are big Mackenzie users and ended up only getting the one main pocket on mine. I keep 6 balls in my bag and have a small pouch to keep my tees, marks, etc organized. They all come with a clip inside the pocket for key rings. Otherwise I have leftover space for a rolled up jacket and a water bottle. What else do you really need?

If you always want to have your rain gear handy then get the second big pocket. Otherwise it looks kind of wawakrd in my opinion to have the extra fabric flopping around.

The ballistic nylon and waxed canvas have different looks and are both great in their own ways. Ended up going with the nylon for my first bag but could see myself getting a waxed a few years down the road. Leather looks nice and respect them a lot but not the look I want and not worth the price.

Here's a 6 inch Wax Mac...with 9 club set up (DR, 5w, 4h, 6, 8, P, 54, 60 and Morgan DH11).

I wish you wouldn't have posted that picture. I don't need another Mac, but the Holiday's are fast approaching, and I've been at a loss as to what to get myself this year......

Phil

I saw Brandel Chamblee drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
His hair was perfect

[size=2][i]- Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London[/i][/size]

[size=4]All the clubs I've ever owned.[/size]

I have a ballistic and love it. I’ve played 36 in a mist / occasional drizzle and I faired as well as I would have with my ping hoofers.

Part of the appeal for me was a return to simple golf and the minimalist aspects of these bags. I got some good advice from Nic at Mackenzie and the Sugarloaf Social Club folks who are big Mackenzie users and ended up only getting the one main pocket on mine. I keep 6 balls in my bag and have a small pouch to keep my tees, marks, etc organized. They all come with a clip inside the pocket for key rings. Otherwise I have leftover space for a rolled up jacket and a water bottle. What else do you really need?

If you always want to have your rain gear handy then get the second big pocket. Otherwise it looks kind of wawakrd in my opinion to have the extra fabric flopping around.

The ballistic nylon and waxed canvas have different looks and are both great in their own ways. Ended up going with the nylon for my first bag but could see myself getting a waxed a few years down the road. Leather looks nice and respect them a lot but not the look I want and not worth the price.

Also there are more color choices with nylon vs wax canvas. I instead went witj Eliott because of thd availability of dual strap and he was great to work with

I have a ballistic and love it. I've played 36 in a mist / occasional drizzle and I faired as well as I would have with my ping hoofers.

Did you order the sunday bag in ballistic with only 1 pocket? I can't find the original walker with only 1 pocket.

I have a ballistic and love it. I've played 36 in a mist / occasional drizzle and I faired as well as I would have with my ping hoofers.

Did you order the sunday bag in ballistic with only 1 pocket? I can't find the original walker with only 1 pocket.

Give Nic a Call and he will sort you out and tell you about the near endless possibilities.

Did you get the two dividers or only 1 divider?

this thread makes me want to order a new nylon bag. the new website has all these new features now. horrible!

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Did you get the two dividers or only 1 divider?

I've never seen a two divider Mackenzie....only ever seen single and undevided.

Agree only one or none

Ive seen 2 dividers on older versions and I bet they can do 2 if you wanted (if you call or email they can make any combo you want). But 1 divider works great. No problems on my bag holding 14 and getting them in and out.

Also there are more color choices with nylon vs wax canvas. I instead went witj Eliott because of thd availability of dual strap and he was great to work with

I've completely switched over from MacKenzie bags to Elliot. IMO they are better in every single way. They are less money. They use higher quality leather. They offer more options and in fact will do just about anything you could ask for. They also get your bag done in a reasonable amount of time. I have 10 MacKenzie bags and I now have 3 Elliots and there is no comparison imo.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

I've completely switched over from MacKenzie bags to Elliot. IMO they are better in every single way. They are less money. They use higher quality leather. They offer more options and in fact will do just about anything you could ask for. They also get your bag done in a reasonable amount of time. I have 10 MacKenzie bags and I now have 3 Elliots and there is no comparison imo.

Just got my first Elliot and love it. Scott was so good to work with. I have the dual strap that McKenzie was not willing to do