2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Rose & Fire 'mystery' headcovers $29 + 20% off

third-times-a-charm

I suppose the blurb at the bottom isn't clear enough for some.

[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M2 2016 9*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Taylormade M2 2016 15*[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Adams DHy Proto 21*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC FliHi 4i[/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC 5-P[/font][/i][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Callaway MackDaddy 4 Milled 54|58[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms, cursive][size=3][i]Custom Scotty Cameron California Coronado Milled Face[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Snell MTB/MTB Black[/i][/size][/font][/center]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to say it again:

I am going to give this thing away for just the cost of shipping ($9) so at least someone can be happy with it. If you want it, PM me.

Edit:

3 hours and no takers on a free item. LOL That's gotta be a record.

Spoke to Mike, and he is sending me a shipping label to send this back.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

So, I just got my head over. I'll preface this by saying that I specifically requested a color combo in the notes when I ordered. I politely requested something that would match my bag. Wasn't sure if they'd be able to accommodate, but it didn't hurt to ask. This is exactly the type of design I was hoping to get. Something that is unique and stands out. Seems to be great quality as well.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I ordered without commenting. Live and learn. Next time, I’ll put a request in the comment section. That stated, part of the fun is seeing what you get once it arrives.

I can’t state strongly enough that the quality appears to be top notch. Despite not being into the one I received, I would buy from in the future.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I ordered without commenting. Live and learn. Next time, I’ll put a request in the comment section. That stated, part of the fun is seeing what you get once it arrives.

I can’t state strongly enough that the quality appears to be top notch. Despite not being into the one I received, I would buy from in the future.

I wasn't sure if they'd honor my request or not. I put my order in before I saw the black zipper headcovers.

To be honest, I'm looking at ordering a 3 wood headcover to compliment this. I like how it's a little longer than other leather covers.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

For those that are less than pleased, I think the line of thinking was/is that you would receive something at worst similar to what is shown on their web site. When that was not the case, I can easily see where people would be less than pleased.

Sunfish does the mystery sale, and I got about 8 covers. Most were wool or fake leather - 2 were leather - stars and stripes putter cover was one. It's great. But, every cover I received - was found on the website.

For those that are less than pleased, I think the line of thinking was/is that you would receive something at worst similar to what is shown on their web site. When that was not the case, I can easily see where people would be less than pleased.

Sunfish does the mystery sale, and I got about 8 covers. Most were wool or fake leather - 2 were leather - stars and stripes putter cover was one. It's great. But, every cover I received - was found on the website.

Also did those people who was not pleased comment as to what color scheme they want? I think that some people are unhappy but did not specify the color and some where unhappy base on design

Asking or describing a color scheme should not be required. There is (or I think should be) an expectation that the products shown are going to be represented reasonably in what people receive. This is not what happened. If you had received a color coded sweat sock it would have been ok, based on your logic.

I can’t believe the complaining. Even worse is that some feel that Sunfish covers are better than R&F. Sunfish quality is crap in comparison.

#quityerbitchin’

I don't see anyone claiming sunfish is better.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Asking or describing a color scheme should not be required. There is (or I think should be) an expectation that the products shown are going to be represented reasonably in what people receive. This is not what happened. If you had received a color coded sweat sock it would have been ok, based on your logic.

Asking and expecting are two different things. I asked but did not expect knowing it is a mystery. For that price (29)if you are expecting the once onthe site (btw most of those looks like they have to be preordered) you are setting yourself up for dissatisfaction a disappointment. For $29 i was expecting things that he couldn't move

Then by that logic why dont you just cough up the money and pay for what you want

I bit. I may be in the minority, but I did want one of the covers with a zipper. It's a nice place to put a repair tool and ball markers after the round. Better than just throwing them in a small compartment in the bag.

I ended up with a warhawk wood cover, digi camo canvas driver and leather/canvas camo driver.

Would have probably liked a red or black solid driver vs the khaki, but not bad. Great quality. Would definitely buy from them again. Considering some hybrid covers as well. Just need to clear out all the callaway covers I have first.

I bit. I may be in the minority, but I did want one of the covers with a zipper. It's a nice place to put a repair tool and ball markers after the round. Better than just throwing them in a small compartment in the bag.

I ended up with a warhawk wood cover, digi camo canvas driver and leather/canvas camo driver.

Would have probably liked a red or black solid driver vs the khaki, but not bad. Great quality. Would definitely buy from them again. Considering some hybrid covers as well. Just need to clear out all the callaway covers I have first.

Im not a camo person. But that bomber cover is sick.

I use the zipper pocket to store extra tees. As a walker 99% of the time I end up dropping my bag pretty far away from tee boxes on holes that run parallel to one another and grabbing a driver or 3 wood and my putter and heading towards the green. It's nice to have the tees on reserve in the case that I don't have any more in my pocket when I get to the tee box and my bag isn't nearby.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

I understand your thinking and while I cannot disagree I don't think that is entirely correct. Need more than one or 2 good ones in order to also create some buzz. Or these are done to simply move stock at a lower, still profitable price. I don't recall hearing from anyone doing this with sunfish saying they received items that were not on the sunfish site - and both pricing and shipping were significantly lower.

I understand your thinking and while I cannot disagree I don't think that is entirely correct. Need more than one or 2 good ones in order to also create some buzz. Or these are done to simply move stock at a lower, still profitable price. I don't recall hearing from anyone doing this with sunfish saying they received items that were not on the sunfish site - and both pricing and shipping were significantly lower.

Quality on the sunfish stuff is also lower, so there's that.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

I'm in for a driver & fairway. A buddy has these and they are fantastic quality. I have some all black Sunfish that are decent, but not nearly the quality of R&F. Had some money wasting away in Apple Pay, so seemed like a good use for it! I asked in notes for some "color" and that they at least not clash with each other...

For what it's worth, there is a video on the webpage that explains what you may receive in greater detail. If you click on the mystery head cover and scroll down there is a hyperlink called "details" and a YouTube video there.

Thanks OP!

As much as I like the few sunfish headcovers I have had. Quality is nowhere near the same.

Stitch and Rose and Fire and leaps and bounds over some companies in quality.

I have no dog in this fight, but if my memory serves me correctly, nearly every order of Sunfish at one point seemed to come with a Coca-Cola driver cover. I have never seen R&F headcovers in person, but have seen some Sunfish that I've been less than impressed with (especially the dura-leather items seemed especially cheap looking to me).

Trying again here. I am not talking about quality or even cost of the covers during this type of sale between the 2 companies. I am only talking about expectations. I did the mystery sale with sunfish - got the coca cola cover (sold it on ebay), I got 2 hybrid covers - leather that were homages to the gritty little Spaniard, I got about 5 or 6 wool covers and 1 great leather putter cover. The putter cover - only thing I kept, sold or gave the rest away -- but every single one (maybe not the color of the wool ones) were seen somewhere on the sunfish site - it was not something like we'll send you the factory seconds or rejects or experimental items - and don't get hung up on that either I am not suggesting that RF sent seconds but they did seem to send out experimental items.

I bought one cover - I really like it, it seems to be great quality. I hope to get more in the future. Unlikely to go this route to get them though,

I wish Mike did mallet headcovers in this sale, would love to gamble and see what I got

Cobra LTDx Aldila NV 75 

TaylorMade Stealth Fairway 3HL FUJIKURA VISTA PRO 21 65S

Cobra LTDx 4 Hybrid 20* KBS PGI 85

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist SM9 55*/60*
Bobby Grace F-18

Used both my new Driver and 3w headcovers today when I walked in the pouring rain. Held up so well. I didn’t know they were water-resistant until I looked at the specs on roseandfire.com.

SPECIFICATIONS

MIL-SPEC Multicam 1000 denier nylon

Water and stain resistant

Soft, padded inner liner

USA leather number for club identification

Sewn in California

Honestly I wish they had those zippered pockets on them... would have been perfect for holding tees, especially for ease of access in wet conditions.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Used both my new Driver and 3w headcovers today when I walked in the pouring rain. Held up so well. I didn’t know they were water-resistant until I looked at the specs on roseandfire.com.

SPECIFICATIONS

MIL-SPEC Multicam 1000 denier nylon

Water and stain resistant

Soft, padded inner liner

USA leather number for club identification

Sewn in California

Honestly I wish they had those zippered pockets on them... would have been perfect for holding tees, especially for ease of access in wet conditions.

I might know a guy with one who is local to you and can get you a good deal. ?