2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Brooks Koepka Feels Slighted... But he doesn't care... But he'll remember

gunmetal

Koepka is a great golfer who hasn't figured out the power and importance of marketing himself. In this "look at me" era of social media, you have to self promote, give the press some meat to run with or else you get ignored. He wants to define the terms of his relationship with the media, as Tiger did, but he's not Tiger. DJ isn't all that exciting an interview either but the media will throw in some Paulina questions to make it worth their while.

Maybe he values Majors more than instagram followers.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s definitely strange they didn’t request him in the media tent. However, he’s a big dumb meat head that historically doesn’t give great interviews. They have gotten better in the past year though, and he’s the player of the year, so his POV makes sense.

*I was watching the Ryder Cup at Hazeltine last night, then looked up some videos of him winning at Erin Hills, and it’s insane how much bigger he’s gotten.

You guys need to read the article. He didn’t say he doesn’t care. He said “ I’m starting to care less “.

I hope he wins ( if tiger doesn’t ) and doesn’t do an interview.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

If he keeps winning, he should probably hire a PR person to help him with his interviews. Even if he says he doesn't care, he's missing out on a lot of endorsement opportunites by being the way he is. I'm not saying he's wrong or anything but every sports figure has a timetable for when he/she has a chance to make money. I'd try to maximize my endorsements as much as possible

You guys need to read the article. He didn't say he doesn't care. He said " I'm starting to care less ".

I hope he wins ( if tiger doesn't ) and doesn't do an interview.

I've got nothing against the guy. What he achieved was quite the accomplishment. But he's learning that the press is not necessarily your friend. They'll stab in the neck faster than anyone if they smell blood in the water for a story. But he does have an obvious chip on his shoulder. And I'm fine with that for him to use as fuel. The shelf-life is short in this game. Success, as we all know, is not guaranteed.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

You guys need to read the article. He didn't say he doesn't care. He said " I'm starting to care less ".

I've got nothing against the guy. What he achieved was quite the accomplishment. But he's learning that the press is not necessarily your friend. They'll stab in the neck faster than anyone if they smell blood in the water for a story. But he does have an obvious chip on his shoulder. And I'm fine with that for him to use as fuel. The shelf-life is short in this game. Success, as we all know, is not guaranteed.

Oh I agree. Just watch the interviews with that twit who stalked tiger and earl for years. I forget his name. But the one who acted as if tiger needed him somehow. All the while he literally made his living trying to stir the pot and paint earl and tiger in the worse light he could. ( they didn’t need any help I know ).

I detest people like that. Digging to find personal dirt and heresay aboot personal interactions to report on isnt reporting the news. It’s helping make it up as you go.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

What a savage:

“You’ve got guys who will kiss up, and I’m not gonna kiss up,” Koepka said. “I don’t need to kiss anyone’s butt. I’m here to play golf. I’m not here to do anything else. A lot of guys are known for the stuff they do off the golf course and who they like to hang around. It’s pretty obvious who’s doing that and who isn’t. I don’t need to bend over backwards to be friends with anyone [in the media], but certain guys do that because they want their names written. I’d rather be written about because of my play.

He isn’t a sellout and is surprised the lack of Tour PR and the media interest in him...

You gotta sellout to get that kind of love Brooksy. Stay strong

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

Oh I agree. Just watch the interviews with that twit who stalked tiger and earl for years. I forget his name. But the one who acted as if tiger needed him somehow. All the while he literally made his living trying to stir the pot and paint earl and tiger in the worse light he could. ( they didn't need any help I know ).

I detest people like that. Digging to find personal dirt and heresay aboot personal interactions to report on isnt reporting the news. It's helping make it up as you go.

I think that would be the "legendary" John Feinstein.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Oh I agree. Just watch the interviews with that twit who stalked tiger and earl for years. I forget his name. But the one who acted as if tiger needed him somehow. All the while he literally made his living trying to stir the pot and paint earl and tiger in the worse light he could. ( they didn't need any help I know ).

I detest people like that. Digging to find personal dirt and heresay aboot personal interactions to report on isnt reporting the news. It's helping make it up as you go.

That would be the "legendary" John Feinstein.

Bingo! That’s the guy. He’s who I think of when I think media. No possible way to want to interact with that.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

While BK has achieved a lot in winning 3 majors in a short period of time, if he wants the attention he should just continue to win. They will be fawning over him whether he likes it or not. Issue solved.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

While BK has achieved a lot in winning 3 majors in a short period of time, if he wants the attention he should just continue to win. They will be fawning over him whether he likes it or not. Issue solved.

I agree 6-7 majors will bring the cash on autopilot. And no butt kissing inbetween. Head down and. Go.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

If he keeps winning, he should probably hire a PR person to help him with his interviews. Even if he says he doesn't care, he's missing out on a lot of endorsement opportunites by being the way he is. I'm not saying he's wrong or anything but every sports figure has a timetable for when he/she has a chance to make money. I'd try to maximize my endorsements as much as possible

Seems like his "I don't care" or "I care less" approach adds to his "I'm a bit of a bad A" mantra so I'm not even sure if he's interested in marketing outside of beer commercials.

Lol at all the people saying he isn’t smart enough. Well. He worked his way to where he is through unusual Chanel’s. And he’s a millionaire who plays a ball and stick game for a living. We all paying to watch him. And thumb typing about him on our phones. Hmmm. Who’s the smart one?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I wonder who BK took a shot st with the arse kissers. :)

3 majors in 2 years and no respect. SMH

BK seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder.

I think he's a very watchable talent but he doesn't seem to give much of himself away from the course. Maybe that's why the media seem less interested in him than they should be?

Which is hilarious because he has said during countless interviews that golf is boring to him, he plays it to pay the bills and wishes he wouldve played baseball instead. I mean, why would the media want to talk with this guy? I am a huge fan of his and think he has a great game, but cmon now this is mostly on his "i dont care" attitude.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

Why do people say he’s got a chip on his shoulder? IStanding pretty close to him at St Jude couple years ago in front of clubhouse after his round. He was very gracious to have some pics made with some fans when approached. He’s a modern day Duff, working mans golfer, who just happens to have some accolades to go along with it!!! Just goes about his business and kissing no ^^^.

https://www.golfdige...-and-he-noticed

The guy doesn't ever seem interested in doing interviews and the few I've seen aren't all that captivating. I'm sure it's a little frustrating not getting the attention that others are getting given the season he's had, but be a little more interested and engaging maybe.

This statement from him seems like he's having a tough time how to process the whole thing...

"Sometimes it does suck, but I've started to care less. Come Sunday, I won't forget it when everyone wants to talk to me because I just won. I don't forget things."

If he really doesn't care he should keep his mouth shut. Sounds like sour grapes.

The media wants "drama" and train wrecks. They don't enjoy those who just go about their business as a professional. Would be interesting to see everyone's list of those who do "captivating interviews".

We see this in all sports. Koepka should continue as himself and ignore them, if they don't show interest

I wonder who BK took a shot st with the arse kissers. :)

3 majors in 2 years and no respect. SMH

BK seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder.

I think he's a very watchable talent but he doesn't seem to give much of himself away from the course. Maybe that's why the media seem less interested in him than they should be?

Which is hilarious because he has said during countless interviews that golf is boring to him, he plays it to pay the bills and wishes he wouldve played baseball instead. I mean, why would the media want to talk with this guy? I am a huge fan of his and think he has a great game, but cmon now this is mostly on his "i dont care" attitude.

This. BK and DJ can’t cough up a correct answer to a $200 Jeopardy question and if either wonders why the media find them less than palatable, well they should ponder that amongst themselves. For two minutes.

Brooks seems to what people to believe that he isn't bothered by the fact that the media don't want to speak to him but, members of his team and now Brooks himself, seem to be making mention of that fact that they don't want to speak him. That they were and now he is making mention of that makes me think that is bothers him more than he is letting on. Don't get me wrong, I find it amazing that there appears to be a lack of interest in speaking to a guy who has won 3 of the last 7 majors but it must bother him if it keeps getting mentioned.

For some reason Ross in Friends repeatedly saying that he is "fine" just came into my head. He kept saying that he was fine with Joey and Rachael, clearly he wasn't and clearly Brooks isn't fine with it either.

Rachael was fine when she crushed that milk carton, too!

Lol at all the people saying he isn’t smart enough. Well. He worked his way to where he is through unusual Chanel’s. And he’s a millionaire who plays a ball and stick game for a living. We all paying to watch him. And thumb typing about him on our phones. Hmmm. Who’s the smart one?

I give you the Post of the Year!

At least they are using his whole singing sentence in the beer commercial, lol.....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

That would be the "legendary" John Feinstein.

Bingo! That’s the guy. He’s who I think of when I think media. No possible way to want to interact with that.

Yeah, he didn’t make a living stalking Tiger though. Like him or not, he’s had a pretty successful career. He just felt snubbed by Tiger and seemed to let that drive him.

I like Brooks and his game. Hes a great story on his path to the PGA tour as well. However pretty dry and seems guarded and uncomfortable with the media for the most part. He does, at this point, seem to lack charisma and charm that makes for a great interview. Hopefully he will grow into the role a bit as years go on.

I like Brooks and his game. Hes a great story on his path to the PGA tour as well. However pretty dry and seems guarded and uncomfortable with the media for the most part. He does, at this point, seem to lack charisma and charm that makes for a great interview. Hopefully he will grow into the role a bit as years go on.

yes, but i think that's ok....the modern day davis love?? not everyone has to be lee trevino, and thank goodness for that.

Adams Speedline Launch Lab 9.5*, Adams 9064LS 9.5*, TM Jetspeed 10.5*, PING G20 9.5*
TM Jetspeed 3HL, PING G20 16.5*, TM Jetspeed 5HL 
Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
Callaway Raxr X Tour- #2, 3 & 4 hybrids
Callaway I-Trax, Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide