MGK-Rap Devil

ThunderBuzzworth

FALL OUT BOY FANS ACCUSE MGK OF TRICKING THEM INTO EMINEM ‘KILLSHOT’ SHIRT PHOTO

But just when we thought Em has gone back into a hiatus again, he came back hard with a reply called ‘Killshot‘ which contained some scathing lines aimed at Machine Gun Kelly. Shortly after, MGK dissed the rapper on stage during a concert in Orlando, Florida and later showed off himself wearing the cover art of ‘Killshot’ on his T-shirt and thousands of fans behind him co-signing with their middle fingers up.

MGK reportedly asked the fans at the venue to put their middle fingers in the sky while he gets a photo taken but at the time, he was wearing a jacket on top of the “Killshot” T-shirt which he took off without facing the crowd. Once the picture was clicked (which ended up on his IG), he turned around to expose the shirt and was immediately met with crowd booing as they realized what had really happened.

http://hiphop-n-more.com/2018/09/fall-out-boy-fans-accuse-mgk-tricking-them-into-eminem-killshot-shirt-photo/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth hurts... on another note, Patrick Stump is the real deal. I bet Fallout Boy put on a good show!

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

amusing the people that said there were “corny” lines from rap Devil are the same people that say Eminem’s bars were amazing when they were worse and a lot of them were just Eminem repeating what MGK already said. This looks more and more like a publicity stunt the more it plays out. Eminem told Sway in an interview that he never tried to shelf MGK but in Killshot he says

“You say you got me in the scope but you grazed me,

I say 1 call to interscope and you Swayze”

Sounds like MGK hit the nail on the head to me.

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

@ThunderBuzzworth

Is it safe to say that you’re going with MGK for this battle?

I love golf

@ThunderBuzzworth

Is it safe to say that you’re going with MGK for this battle?

Not saying either of them won or lost because I am one that believes this is going to continue. I’m just pointing out that the Eminem lovers/ MGK haters are trashing MGK for the same exact things Eminem did/does. Round 1 goes to MGK unless you feel Eminem’s muffins were haymakers

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

it’s okay to express who you felt the victor was in this particular battle...

I love golf

This is like when Ian Poulter was saying hed be challenging Tiger years ago ; )

MGK is a lightweight has no business with this challenging Em, especially with that obvious, reportedly ghostwritten piece.

And here it is how it really is, imo

"And still usin' that motha Auto-Tune

So let's talk about it (let's talk about it)

I'm sick of your mumble rap mouth

Need to get the up out it

Before we can even talk about it (talk about it)

I'm sick of your blonde hair and earrings

Just 'cause you look in the mirror and think

That you're Marshall Mathers (Marshall Mathers)

Don't mean you are, and you're not about it"

Although Em should thank him for inspiring the biggest hip hop youtube debut for Killshot in history. He may have started an Em Renaissance. I havent listened to Em in years and Im playin some and watching the battles from 8 mile on youtube ; )

Unrelated and Passive Brag: I just saw Dave Chappelle, Michael Che (SNL), De La Soul, Talib Kweli, and Lauryn Hill perform at the Hollywood Bowl.

I love golf

Maybe I'm in the minority but I thought "Rap Devil" was absolutely horrible. I knew nothing about MGK before watching that video, but man it was bad. Comparing it to something like "Rap God" is like comparing my golf swing to Adam Scott's.

I haven't kept up with rap much over the past decade (I'm a 90s rap guy), but if MGK is what new rap is like, I'm not too upset on mostly skipping out.

This is like when Ian Poulter was saying hed be challenging Tiger years ago ; )

MGK is a lightweight has no business with this challenging Em, especially with that obvious, reportedly ghostwritten piece.

And here it is how it really is, imo

"And still usin' that motha Auto-Tune

So let's talk about it (let's talk about it)

I'm sick of your mumble rap mouth

Need to get the up out it

Before we can even talk about it (talk about it)

I'm sick of your blonde hair and earrings

Just 'cause you look in the mirror and think

That you're Marshall Mathers (Marshall Mathers)

Don't mean you are, and you're not about it"

Although Em should thank him for inspiring the biggest hip hop youtube debut for Killshot in history. He may have started an Em Renaissance. I havent listened to Em in years and Im playin some and watching the battles from 8 mile on youtube ; )

Those battles from 8 Mile are a blast to listen to/watch.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I thought "Rap Devil" was absolutely horrible. I knew nothing about MGK before watching that video, but man it was bad. Comparing it to something like "Rap God" is like comparing my golf swing to Adam Scott's.

I haven't kept up with rap much over the past decade (I'm a 90s rap guy), but if MGK is what new rap is like, I'm not too upset on mostly skipping out.

What was so horrible? I seriously want to know because I’m willing to bet you just didn’t understand

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

I can’t stop laughing at the “This is crap, I’m a 90s rap guy.” argument. Like Too Short, Dre, 2Pac, BIG and Shug Knight had some code or standards, lol, that’s good. I often harken back to the good ol’ days of Cop Killa and The Chronic.

If you truly were a “90s rap guy” you should appreciate a straight up diss track with a beat like Rap Devil. It is more in line with Ice Cube dissing NWA and Dre going after Eazy-E than the b**** slap bars of Killshot.

What was so horrible? I seriously want to know because I'm willing to bet you just didn't understand

If "understanding" makes that song good, then I'm fine with not understanding.

As for the song, I'm not the biggest fan of the beat and when compared to something like "Rap God" or the much better "Hit Em' Up", MGK has little emotion in his voice. The words are angry, the delivery isn't.

Keep loving it. I'll do the opposite. At the end of the day neither of us are wrong, but please don't insult my intelligence by equating me "not understanding" the song with it being good or bad.

I can't stop laughing at the "This is crap, I'm a 90s rap guy." argument. Like Too Short, Dre, 2Pac, BIG and Shug Knight had some code or standards, lol, that's good. I often harken back to the good ol' days of Cop Killa and The Chronic.

If you truly were a "90s rap guy" you should appreciate a straight up diss track with a beat like Rap Devil. It is more in line with Ice Cube dissing NWA and Dre going after Eazy-E than the b**** slap bars of Killshot.

I don't like "Killshot" either.

I honestly don't give a s*** about diss tracks when it comes to rap and I certainly didn't get into rap because of anyone's ethics or morality. The 90's is when I started listening to rap, hence why I probably prefer it. "Hit 'Em Up" is nowhere near one of my favorite rap tracks, but as a diss track I think it's much better than anything from Eminem or MGK.

We all like what we like. I'll take "Nothin But a G Thang", "Atliens", and "Juicy" (among many others) as some of my favorites.

And you're right about "No Vaseline". It's far better than "Killshot" or "Rap Devil".

While it's unclear what to expect next, their seemingly full-on feud has raised a few eyebrows online. Some Twitter users have been speculating that their drama has been more arranged than authentic. The alleged proof? To start, both artists are signed to Interscope Records. Some fans have also pointed out that producer Ronny J has production credits on both Eminem's track "Not Alike" and MGK's response, "Rap Devil" as well as a writing credit for "Rap Devil."

There has also been the claim that the drama and the buzz around their beef was meant to benefit both artists' sales as Eminem released his 10th studio album, Kamikaze, at the end of August and MGK is set to release his EP, Binge, on September 21.

https://www.eonline.com/news/969752/some-fans-think-machine-gun-kelly-and-eminem-are-faking-their-feud

I can't stop laughing at the "This is crap, I'm a 90s rap guy." argument. Like Too Short, Dre, 2Pac, BIG and Shug Knight had some code or standards, lol, that's good. I often harken back to the good ol' days of Cop Killa and The Chronic.

If you truly were a "90s rap guy" you should appreciate a straight up diss track with a beat like Rap Devil. It is more in line with Ice Cube dissing NWA and Dre going after Eazy-E than the b**** slap bars of Killshot.

I honestly don't give a s*** about diss tracks when it comes to rap and I certainly didn't get into rap because of anyone's ethics or morality. The 90's is when I started listening to rap, hence why I probably prefer it. "Hit 'Em Up" is nowhere near one of my favorite rap tracks, but as a diss track I think it's much better than anything from Eminem or MGK.

We all like what we like. I'll take "Nothin But a G Thang", "Atliens", and "Juicy" (among many others) as some of my favorites.

And you're right about "No Vaseline". It's far better than "Killshot" or "Rap Devil".

Hey, if we have some common ground on Cube’s No Vaseline I’ll take that and we can leave the MGK/Shady debate on the side.

Hey, if we have some common ground on Cube's No Vaseline I'll take that and we can leave the MGK/Shady debate on the side.

I'm good with that. Now how are we going to decide the Biggy vs Pac debate? :rap:

Hey, if we have some common ground on Cube's No Vaseline I'll take that and we can leave the MGK/Shady debate on the side.

I'm good with that. Now how are we going to decide the Biggy vs Pac debate? :rap:

I'm ready to get this paper, G, you with me?

I actually liked both of them although I was more partial to Pac because his voice was much easier to listen to and I was closer to a west coast guy. Biggie has several great songs but listening to him rap made me feel fat and winded, lol.

I liked both of them, but it took me a few listens on both of them before I began to enjoy them. I'm just waiting for the response from the true G.O.A.T., Lil Dicky.

Ping G430 Max KaiLi White 60 Stiff (9 degree)
Cobra King RAD 3 Wood Fujikura Motore X F3 Stiff (14.5 degree setting)
Mizuno CLK Hybrid (19 and 22 degree, I swap them out depending on the wind in the parking lot)

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro 4-5 Irons - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts

Mizuno JPX-921 Forged 6 Iron - G Wedge - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts 
Titleist SM9 54 and 58 
Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")

Wishing for a time capsule.. This new generation of rap/hip hop is garbage!

(JMO)

I agree!! Ill listen to what the kids I teach/coach are talking about and dont care for any of it.

I graduated high school in 2000 so middle school was Tupac, Biggie, Bone, and Outkast...high school was No Limit and Cash Money artists with Nelly, Jay Z, Luda and Eminem being the biggest we listened too...and later on in college it was still Em and Nelly with more Lil John and a couple others playing at the clubs. I still go back and listen to the old stuff sometimes. Im sure there were more and bigger acts that Im forgetting but these still stick out to me. Ive tried to listen to acts like Tekashi and Migos and a couple others but just dont like the beats or the style.

(JMO)

I agree!! Ill listen to what the kids I teach/coach are talking about and dont care for any of it.

I graduated high school in 2000 so middle school was Tupac, Biggie, Bone, and Outkast...high school was No Limit and Cash Money artists with Nelly, Jay Z, Luda and Eminem being the biggest we listened too...and later on in college it was still Em and Nelly with more Lil John and a couple others playing at the clubs. I still go back and listen to the old stuff sometimes. Im sure there were more and bigger acts that Im forgetting but these still stick out to me. Ive tried to listen to acts like Tekashi and Migos and a couple others but just dont like the beats or the style.

How can you not like Migos?!?!?!

Everyone’s taste differs, but to me both of those tracks were hot garbage. Now I am a true 90’s fan through and through, but there is some good hip hop to be heard out there today, just not by MGK (never heard of him prior to this) OR Eminem.

Eminem as a lyricist, sure. He can def spit. But I can’t think of an Em album that I thought was really dope. I’m admittedly biased as I prefer that NY sound, but I can name dozens and dozens of great albums without even a thought of him coming to mind.

PING G25

PING G25 4W

TaylorMade Burner 3H

PING i200 4 - U

Cleveland RTX 2.0 54°, 58°

Mizuno MCraft II

When it comes to new school stuff, NF is my favorite. He has so many good songs on all his albums. Notepad, Statement, intro, outro and a bunch of others are fire. Hopsin is awesome and I’m digging Chris Webby right now (Tasmanian Devil is my fave currently). I like a certain sound and I like to find lesser known guys and listen to them rap about things that actually mean something to them instead of petty BS like Eminem has done. There is a good interview about 25 mins long of MGK on The Breakfast Club airing some of this stuff out. Em’s interview with Sway seems like its taged to me considering Sway IS Eminem essentially. Either that or this really is a publicity stunt like I thought originally

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

(JMO)

The only "new" rap I listen to is Run the Jewels, and I don't think that's considered new. I don't even know who Tekashi and Migos are.

It’s definitely up to the listener. People dissect the lyrics how they dissect the lyrics. Outside of GolfWRX this battle seems to be pretty skewed to one side (Eminem). I still say his Killshot lyrics “destroyed” MGK but that is my own opinion. I went to a real hip hop concert on Tuesday night w/ De La Soul, Talib Kweli, and Lauryn Hill and heard music that literally took you to a time when skills meant something. It was a nice break from today’s gimmicky norms.

I love golf

About the closest thing I listen to now that would be considered current (dont even know if its current) is a little Drake and Kevin Gates. I keep hearing good things about Kenderick Lamar but havent really listened to anything of his yet.

Ha I really feel like my parents when I say music today isnt what it used to be. The kids will give me songs to play before volleyball and basketball and all I can think is "these beats/hooks are absolutely horrible". I may have found a few songs that I would actually listen to outside of the hundreds Ive had to play.

I grew up on what I call the good stuff, I somewhat enjoy the early beginnings of rap, but it seems the golden era was when I was middle school to college. I listen to more punk/pop punk/rock than anything and there isnt anything worth listening too in that genre today. I miss the fast pace, distorted guitar riffs of old and wish that could somehow make a comeback.

(JMO)

How can you not like Migos?!?!?!

I don't understand the allure of Migos either.

On a side note, I ran into Krayzie Bone in the airport last week. Being a Columbus guy, I have always loved Bone Thugs. They take me back to my middle/high school days in Columbus.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Boy oh boy, mgks new album is brutal. He isn’t doing himself any favors with Binge

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx