2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Cleveland RTX 4 Wedges! See What Members Are Saying!

Played another round with the RTX4 54/10 mid in the bag. I think I have enough meaningful swings with this wedge to give my final review. Again I would like to thank Golf WRX and Cleveland golf for this incredible opportunity.

Final Verdict- the RTX4 54/10 mid has made the bag. It clearly outperformed my current 54/12 Callaway Xseries Jaws in full shots as well as pitch shots. I still have trouble with very tight, touchy chips, but other than those shots this is my go to wedge inside 100yds.

Pitch shots- Again, this is another area the RTX4 clearly outperformed my current gamer. I had a horrible lie in some dried cut weeds with hard clay underneath. I was about 30-40 yds from the green, and I was way below it. I went in with an aggressive swing because I knew I’d need some spin to hold the green. Again this wedge produced a heavy mid trajectory penetrating shot and I immediately thought I had flown the green. When I got up to the green I was plesantly surprised to find that I had held the green and wasn’t even close to going off. Not a shot I’m used to pulling off.

Spin- I understand that spin is more a result of swing versus club. That being said I am producing significantly more spin with this wedge than any other I currently play. I assume that the make up of this wedge encourages me to swing in a way that produces maximum spin. I did get some cover caught in the grooves with one shot, but I was hitting a ball I’ve never played before, TM TP5x.

Chipping- I did begin to use this club closer to the green today. I still do not perform as well with the RTX4 54/10 mid with tight, delicate chips. I still prefer the Callaway Xforged 58/9 for those. I used to chip with my Jaws 54/12, so loft and bounce aren’t the issue, I feel it’s more of a sole/grind thing....? I also am sure that with all of the loft and bounce options offered within the RTX4 line that I could find a wedge that would suit my just fine for those tight delicate chips, but in testing this particular wedge with my swing I struggled with that particular shot. I did find that on chips from a not so tight lie that the wedge was quite forgiving if I didn’t catch the sweet spot. This shot carried well and gave me a look at par even though I caught it off center.

Final thoughts- the RTX4 54/10mid is in the bag. Full shots and pitches were incredible. I will definitely look into the other loft/bounce options in the RTX4 line. Cleveland has a winner with the RTX4.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had the chance to compare these to the SM7s?

SM7 are my gamers. I like both. The RTX4 is a totally different grind and ° then my SM7 tho so it slightly difficult to compare. The feel of the raw RTX4 is very nice. Not soft but not clicky.

Thanks for the info. I’ve never played vokey wedges before. I’ve always either played Cleveland wedges or TM. I went and got fit last week though for vokey wedges and they put me into 50*, 54* and 58*. The 50* is F grind with 12* of bounce. The 54* is F grind with 14* of bounce and the 58* is K grind with 14* of bounce. I think I’m going to try and get to Edwin watts or pga superstore near me and hit them both to see how they feel before I pull the trigger.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

First off, just want to thank Cleveland/Srixon and GolfWRX for selecting me for this member review. Apologies for the delay in posting some thoughts, but the wedge came in the midst of a rough stretch of 21 straight days of work so it took a little bit for me to get enough play with the RTX4 before I could pen some thoughts. As for my game, I currently play to a 7.6 and consider my wedge/short game one of the main strengths. I can't get off the tee to save my life, so my wedges and recovery game get quite a workout each round, but am working with a teacher (shout out to Greg Nikolai in Milwaukee for your amazing help thus far!) and things are starting to finally come around in that regard. I've been gaming mostly Cleveland wedges since first picking up a 588 as part of my first ever bag back in college, aside from brief flirtation with EYE2 XG and Bridgestone J40 setups, but my current wedges are 50/54/58 RTX3 wedges with Nippon Modus 115 Wedge shafts so I can speak specifically to the transition from the RTX3 to the RTX4.

Cleveland sent me EXACTLY what I ordered, a standard loft/lie/length RTX4 58 Full in Tour Raw finish with a Nippon Modus 125 Wedge shaft. Since transitioning to a 50/54/58 setup, I have used my 58 degree as my everything wedge around the greens, from tight lies to rough to greenside sand shots, and the performance from the new RTX4 58 is exactly what I have been looking for. I decided to go with a slightly heavier Modus model, the 125 Wedge, for a bit more feel and control around the greens and that, combined with the RTX4's improved attributes from the RTX3, has only improved my greenside game. The appearance at address is improved from the RTX3, with a slightly sharper leading edge and less apparent offset, whether that is a measurable difference or simply a product of the better flow of the hosel, but it has led to more consistency in terms of picking the ball clean on tight greenside lies. The face milling is definitely noticeably aggressive, with very visible rotex milling, and the amount of spin that I am getting on those short greenside pitches definitely confirms the improved spin of these wedges, as I am consistently seeing one hop and stop action on well struck greenside shots. The full bounce is still versatile enough to allow me to play it from tight lies while giving me enough bounce to open the clubface and play soft landing greenside bunker shots. Spin on full shots is fantastic (if not too much for how soft SE Wisconsin courses have been recently after a long stretch of rain) and feel is soft with noticeable feedback on slightly missed shots to provide ample feedback.

In summary, I'm probably looking to replace my full setup of RTX3 with the RTX4 at some point in the near future as the improvements from the RTX3 are apparent, and I can't wait for the Tour Raw finish to start rusting and looking even more stunning in the bag.

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

Hi Folks - some of the online feedback on these was that they marked up quickly - anyone notice this in terms of dings or marks?

Very excited to try these!

Agreed with previous poster. These dont seem any different with the dings or marks of other wedges.

*was able to get in another 9 Sunday and the rtx4 responded very well around the greens and with approach shots. I must be getting very comfy with them because I had a ton of confidence with this as my weapon of choice.

Had a nice par 3 105yd uphill. Ball landed in front of the green, took 1 bounce and sat beautifully on the green. I was very surprised to see the ball respond that way but I liked it a lot.

Really liking how the balls respond to the rtx4.

Hi Folks - some of the online feedback on these was that they marked up quickly - anyone notice this in terms of dings or marks?

Very excited to try these!

I am more than satisfied with my 60° at this point. That said the face does seem to mark up rather quickly. More so than my SM7

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Anyone test a PW (46/48) of the RTX-4?

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Played another round today and it was more of the same. For me the RTX4 54/10 mid was fantastic on full shots and pitches. But again I did default to my X-forged 59/9 for shots green side chips. That being said the RTX4 performed so well that it makes me want to look at other options in the line that may be more suited to chipping green side. I know there are some super low bounce options and I may look into that, but for me I feel that it's heel relief that makes my X-forged work well green side..? Like I mentioned, I will definitely explore more RTX4 offerings and see if I find something that works better for me on tight short chips.

Was fit for the rtx 4 wedges this past week. I’m coming from sm6 54 and 60 both m grind. Thought I would be fit into the low bounce or possibly the xlow bounce. Surprisingly was fit into the mid 9 degree bounce in the 60. Took it to the course and much prefer it to my sm6 m grind. Little bit about my game, short game is usually a strong suit. My 60 I primarily use it for greenside bunkers or shots that require me to manipulate the face. Seemed to have more confidence with the rtx 4 mid grind, and find I really enjoy the dg tour issue s400 shaft as well. I have the kbs tour 120 in my sm6s.

Have lots of rust on my 60° full bounce now. Really enjoying this club. It does everything i want. It’s obviously new, but provides as much spin as you’d ask.

I’m not normally seeking the rust but this one has surprised me as quick as it did rust and how much so far.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Have lots of rust on my 60° full bounce now. Really enjoying this club. It does everything i want. It’s obviously new, but provides as much spin as you’d ask.

I’m not normally seeking the rust but this one has surprised me as quick as it did rust and how much so far.

That's interesting. I have no rust at all on mine. but like you, really enjoying this club for sure.

I swapped out a set of RTX3 (Black Finish - 50/54/58 2 dot) with RTX4 this past week. My son was constantly borrowing my RTX3's, so I used that excuse to replace the whole set.

I have one round, one range session, and one session on the a short game practice area. The initial impression is overall positive, but I have always been a Cleveland wedge player.

I use the 50 as a gap wedge, mostly full to 75% swings. Performance for this was exceptional. From the short grass, spin was as expected, from the long grass, better than expected. It seems to grip much better from the rough with grass between the club and ball. I only hit a few shots from the rough, but initial impressions are good.

The 54 is usually my go to club for most pitching and chips. I would have to say that performance was good, but I was not as comfortable around the green with this club than my RTX3. I believe it is just a matter of time to get used to the club. I had a standard wedge flex shaft in my RTX3 and the S400 in the RTX4. Spin was great, and the club looks great when addressing the ball. After going to the short game area, feel was improving quickly. The head has a little different shape and offset, which I like, but need to just get used to.

This club also initially felt a little "clicky", but that improved quickly as I adjusted to the club.

The 58 is money. I use this when I need the soft landing chip, flop shot and most sand shots. I course seemed to have a sand magnet for me during my round (windy day didn't help much as I was picking the wrong clubs!). Up and down out of the sand 3 for 3.

In general, A positive improvement for me from the RTX3's. Don't get me wrong. The RTX3's are also great clubs. If your looking to save a few bucks, you can't go wrong with a set of RTX3's. But you're on WRX... so that's probably not an option.

Grip, how much did they reduce the offset? Are they more like RTX 2s? I couldn't get used to the offset on 3's.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 10* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 16* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

2 Iron: Titleist U500 w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

4 Iron-PW: Titleist 718 AP2 Black w/ True Temper Onyx AMT White

50*- Vokey SM8 Jet Black F Grind w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Onyx

54* Vokey SM8 Jet Black F Grind w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Onyx

60* Vokey SM8 Jet Black D Grind w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Onyx

Putter- Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless Custom

Ball- Titleist ProV1x

Grip, how much did they reduce the offset? Are they more like RTX 2s? I couldn't get used to the offset on 3's.

I can't quote actual numbers for the measured offset, but I can certainly tell you that with my 58* RTX4, when compared to the RTX3 that I own, the offset certainly appears to be less. It might just be the shape of the hosel, but either way the RTX4 looks better at address to my eye.

Byron Morgan 612
Snell MTB X

On another note, I took my RTX4 along as my 58 to a golf trip the other weekend over in Michigan and played courses with a variety of conditions, from the more lush, well conditioned Forest Dunes and Arcadia Bluffs to the much firmer conditions of the Loop at Forest Dunes and Arcadia Bluff's South Course (both of which are, in my opinion, phenomenal courses and dramatically improve what are already destinations for golfers...if you have the chance, get out and play the Bluffs South and Loop as soon as you can). The RTX4, even with the full grind in my 58, was a tremendously versatile club that I still could control well around the greens and, given my game off the tee on that trip, I was scrambling quite frequently. The RTX4 has definitely solidified its place in my bag and I may be looking at upgrading my 50 and 54 to the RTX4 over the offseason as well...

Byron Morgan 612
Snell MTB X

First, I wanted to thank GolfWRX and Cleveland/Srixon for the chance to test out the new RTX4 wedge!

Little bit about me and my game first to start out. I’ve historically made my money (so to speak) with my short game and chipping. But lately, I’ve improved my iron play (GI irons put in play) and my putting has gotten substantially better (thank you side saddle), so my chipping has become less important to my overall game. Which is a good and a bad thing.

I’ve been gaming Ping wedges for the longest time, but had a single try with the infamous RTX3 wedges. I LOVED these wedges for full shots, but I absolutely HATED them for chipping. So when I started seeing the RTX4 prototypes, I was skeptical, but excited to try them out. So along comes GolfWRX and Cleveland!

I wasn’t really in the market for new wedges, but don’t look a gift horse in the mouth ya know? So when I got asked which club I’d want, I thought this might be an opportunity to replace my old timey (and scramble specific) 64* wedge (since Ping doesn’t make them anymore for whatever reason). So I ordered the RTX4 that matches the specs of my Tour W 64* wedge, which happened to be the low bounce model.

So for me personally, the 64* is more a specialty club, I don’t typically hit full shots with it, but use it more for short sides and delicate chips. However, my brother uses a 64* pretty exclusively, so I got him to hit it a few times while playing and practicing just to get input of someone a bit more versed in the language of the extra lob wedge.

Looks – 9/10 – First let me start, I LOVE the look of this wedge, it is what wedges should look like in my opinion. I wish I had more rusty options in the wedge world, but I don’t, but I don’t really think I need many more after seeing this wedge. From a looks standpoint, this is the 100% perfect wedge.

Feel – 8.5/10 – Feel is so subjective, so I’ll just say, it feels better than my Pings in general. But I’m not saying the Pings feel bad, I just think these feel softer. So take that for what you will, could be the finishes.

Performance – 9/10 – So for me, the performance of a club is the primary selling point, hell, I’ve used G25 irons for like the past 5-6 years just because I haven’t found anything I hit better. I feel like the 64* is the perfect high loft lob wedge in my opinion. I’m amazed at how low the leading edge seems to sit to the ground, so for me, that helps me not feel like I have to hit down on it a little extra, which was the worst part of the RTX3 wedges, the V sole on those was terrible and totally unplayable in my opinion. The spin is high, but not overly crazy from what I can tell, more a check and drop for me, rather than a rip back.

Conclusion – I LOVE this wedge, and I’m totally planning to use whatever is left in my account for this year to buy a 3 wedge set. Probably go 50 mid / 54 mid / 60 low and keep the 64 to fit into my scramble bag. Might possibly go 50 / 56 / 62 as I’ve had luck with that set up in the past, plus it’s a freaking option in this because there are so many different set ups of this wedge.

I think this wedge could seriously go down as one of Cleveland’s finest wedges, in the same breath as the 588 and 900 in my opinion.

Nice first swing, AMIRITE???

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

And just for a follow up on the above post, wedge played really well in the scramble. So far it seems very playable from a lot of lies. This course is pretty short so we had lots of drives end up within about 50 yards of the pin, so I tried to use this one as much as I could, and as said previously, Impressed.

I should be playing next week af ew times so I'll try to get more feedback on a slightly different course.

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

Anyone tried out a lob loft (58-60) in the Mid grind and have thoughts versus the C/M/D grind type soles?

I hated the Vokey S grind on a 58 but was disappointed to not see a higher bounce option on these RTX4's with more heel and toe relief.

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

LIke others have said, it's hard to really quantify. It is noticeable at address, but the shape is a little different as well. I'll hae to dig out an old set of RTX2's (I think I still have one) and post a picture. I'm out of town at the moment, but will be back in a couple of days.

LIke others have said, it's hard to really quantify. It is noticeable at address, but the shape is a little different as well. I'll hae to dig out an old set of RTX2's (I think I still have one) and post a picture. I'm out of town at the moment, but will be back in a couple of days.

I can't give a specific, but comparing the RTX3 62* wedge and the RTX4 64*, the reduction in offset is very noticeable for sure.

Is there a grind that matches up with Vokey's S grind and D grind?

Thinking of getting a set of these. 50, 54, 58 or 60

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]