2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Mizuno 919 Tour

ProjectX_Mizuno

Got fitted into them yesterday. I also found them easier to hit than the 900T. So much I spec’d out a set and ordered them.

Titleist TSR3 9* - GD Tour AD Di 6s  45.25"
Titleist TSR2 16.5" GD Tour AD Di 7x 
Mizuno MP 20 HMB 2i Nippon Modus 120s 
Mizuno MP 225 4-PW Nippon Modus 115s
TM MG2 50*, 54*, TM MG3 60*
Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Doulble Wide Putter 34" 

I have a 900 Forged/Tour combo set. Love em. Best set of irons I have ever owned.

Hit the 919 Forged and Tour today.

919 Forged yuk! Ugly and a bit too chunky. . Really Thick top line and no real difference in feel or performance to 900 Forged. I seriously thought I was looking down at an AP1. To me 900 Forged was still a bit of a players CB. This looks like a move to GI. I am sure it will be a massive success but to me they have lost the magic of the 900 Forged and the blend with the 919 Tour is nowhere near as good as the equivalent 900 models.

919 Tour - wonderful. Feels more forgiving and softer than my 900 Tour. Prefer the looks of the 900 Tour but it’s close. No problem hitting 919 Tour 7 iron. In my current set I move to 900 Forged at 7 iron. Not sure I want a 919 Tour 5 and 6 iron but not sure I want a 919 Forged 5 and 6 iron.

Ping 430 LST 10.5, Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 65X
Ping 425 17, 19 & 22 deg hybrids,  Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno 923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, DG 105 
Mizuno S23 54 deg wedge

Vokey SM6 60 K wedge
Mizuno IOMI #3 putter

Titleist ProV1x 

Vessel Lux Lite Bag

I finally got to see the 919 line in person today and they look great. Mizuno almost always does a great job. The 919 tours look great and the hot metal for a game improvement club is one of the best looking game improvement club I've ever seen. The 919 forged looks good also, but I still like my 900 forged. I'm not if the 919 is "chunkier" than the 900, it might just be the slightly different color of the club. It is just hard to tell. I would have to see my 900 forged right up against it.

I have a 900 Forged/Tour combo set. Love em. Best set of irons I have ever owned.

Hit the 919 Forged and Tour today.

919 Forged yuk! Ugly and a bit too chunky. . Really Thick top line and no real difference in feel or performance to 900 Forged. I seriously thought I was looking down at an AP1. To me 900 Forged was still a bit of a players CB. This looks like a move to GI. I am sure it will be a massive success but to me they have lost the magic of the 900 Forged and the blend with the 919 Tour is nowhere near as good as the equivalent 900 models.

919 Tour - wonderful. Feels more forgiving and softer than my 900 Tour. Prefer the looks of the 900 Tour but it’s close. No problem hitting 919 Tour 7 iron. In my current set I move to 900 Forged at 7 iron. Not sure I want a 919 Tour 5 and 6 iron but not sure I want a 919 Forged 5 and 6 iron.

I found the 919 tours easier to hit than the 900’s also. Went with the 919 forged in the 4 iron.

Nice sticks, feel great. I got modern lofts to match my MP18 combo set, distances match, so a pretty seamless transition with same shafts.

I was a bit off striking it today, but hit the 7iron to 4ft first time I hit it.

Look great, feel great,no surprise.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Nice sticks, feel great. I got modern lofts to match my MP18 combo set, distances match, so a pretty seamless transition with same shafts.

I was a bit off striking it today, but hit the 7iron to 4ft first time I hit it.

glad they worked well, now are they staying in the bag?

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

glad they worked well, now are they staying in the bag?

Oh yeah, for sure. Just like every year, next set I look at will be next MP release in a year.

I still have 900F and MP18 combo, but 900F are about to get shipped West, folks retired, bought a vacation place in Palm Dessert.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Had a chance to night to subjectively compare the new 919T and F. Subjectively I felt the T was the one for me. Here are some of my subjective observations in terms of size from smallest to largest:

900T<919T<900F<919F

It's as if the 900T and the 900F has a baby that became the 919T. Love them and now just need some more testing and time to dial in the config and shafts.

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

How do they compare to MP 18's?

I got out and put them to the test with my MP 18's and there definitely is a difference in feel. 919T felt a little harder (not bad but just different) based on my one time out with them. Wasn't quite putting them on the sweet spot though. Despite that, was getting similar distances to my MPs so I feel like there is a bit more forgiveness. I have the 4-6 in forged and those things fly no matter what which I will definitely find helpful! Very workable. Really liked the look of both the tour and forged at address. Forged are more hefty but not bulky IMO, you can just tell there is more help. I am getting out to my club for another good range session in the morning and really put them through my paces (the range I was at last night doesn't really have good distance targets and hard to see landing areas). Hopefully will put them a little closer to the middle and get a better feel of what they are capable of!

Liking the 919Ts, but the 785s are really good too. Hard to tell them apart. Lofts are a bit diff., but they both look and feel great! MP18MBs are nice too. Too many choices! :to_become_senile:

Ping Hoofer Lite

Mizuno ST Max 9.5*

Mizuno ST Max 3/7W

Mizuno ST Max 5/6H

Mizuno 243 7-GW

Mizuno T24 54/S, 58/D

Mizuno OMOI #2

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

Loved Warrick's pic of the 919Ts, and it got me thinking...

Given the level of players these are aimed at, why do you think the PW and maybe 9i wouldn't have more of a blade look?

I'd much prefer that type of blend, but the satin finish between the MP18s and the 919Ts would look odd...

they look like a blade down, I would rather the heads be uniform.

I only hit a couple with my 9 iron and to me its better that it feels like the rest of the set.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

Given the level of players these are aimed at, why do you think the PW and maybe 9i wouldn't have more of a blade look?

I'd much prefer that type of blend, but the satin finish between the MP18s and the 919Ts would look odd...

I only hit a couple with my 9 iron and to me its better that it feels like the rest of the set.

Makes sense I guess. Personally I'd prefer my PW to feel more like my wedges, but there are the MP18s for that, or alternatively it's just a matter of swapping the PW for a 46 wedge.

Makes sense I guess. Personally I'd prefer my PW to feel more like my wedges, but there are the MP18s for that, or alternatively it's just a matter of swapping the PW for a 46 wedge.

agreed there. I have 4-9 tours and 46* vokey.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

I had the same impression. I've got a set of the MP18 MB's at home and tried out the 919T at the LGS.

The 919T has a firmer feel but is still soft. It reminded me a lot of the MP18SC; I'm not sure if I'd pick the 919T over the MP18 SC. The 919F visually looks like it has more offset and a bit thicker but they are very easy to hit and perform consistently.

I had the same impression. I've got a set of the MP18 MB's at home and tried out the 919T at the LGS.

The 919T has a firmer feel but is still soft. It reminded me a lot of the MP18SC; I'm not sure if I'd pick the 919T over the MP18 SC. The 919F visually looks like it has more offset and a bit thicker but they are very easy to hit and perform consistently.

I thought 919T looked identical to the mp18sc when I was holding 7 irons next to each other but I guess there are some very minor differences.

SC has a slightly smaller head length by .2mm

SC has slightly less offset

SC has .2mm bigger sole

SC according to specs has a thicker topline by .7mm.

https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

I had a chance to play 18 holes today with my 919’s. I found them very smooth feeling even toe hits stayed online. I’m going to have to have the lie angles adjusted a little bit, I had this set built alittle different than my last set and all my misses today were to the right, which was fine, because I’ve always found left side to have more trouble. Continental Golf is going to adjust those for me Friday. I was able to get some good distance feedback as well. After watching a few different reviews on the tour Version I was very surprised that I was hitting that eight iron in the tour version 160 yards. A forged iron you can work, & when you hit it in the center the clubface you don’t feel it, I’m really liking the club so far. I feel these are a better fit than the MP18’s I had.

agreed there. I have 4-9 tours and 46* vokey.

Wise minds think alike. I went 46 Mack Daddy 3. I do wanna look into titleist wedges. I hear nothing but great things. Probably will be the next clubs to change in the back. 46, 50, and a 54 bent to 55.

My 919 Tours arrived Friday. Went 4-PW with Modus 120 Stiff. Hit them on the range Friday and yesterday and played a few holes last night. Very solid results so far. They might be about a half club longer than my Nike VPCs. Hard to tell in the few holes I played. Hope to get back out there tonight for another 9.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Warrick - how do you find the 919 Touts to the 900 Tours from a playability or forgiveness perspective?

I owned the 900T for about 2 weeks, thought they were less forgiving than MP5.

I have 3.5 rounds in with 919T, think it is the best combo of looks, feel, forgiveness and playability I have ever had in an iron, they are spectacular.

I am going to order a 6 iron, and maybe a 5 now. 76 this morning.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I have 3.5 rounds in with 919T, think it is the best combo of looks, feel, forgiveness and playability I have ever had in an iron, they are spectacular.

I am shocked how forgiving these are, I hit a 4 iron off the tee today, pretty toe'ee and kept up with my dads 3 wood, normally I need my 2 iron is a bit longer than his 3 wood.

look wise I jut washed mine there and grabbed the 9 iron out and thought it was the 8 after having the massive heads on the mp5.

My 919 Tours arrived Friday. Went 4-PW with Modus 120 Stiff. Hit them on the range Friday and yesterday and played a few holes last night. Very solid results so far. They might be about a half club longer than my Nike VPCs. Hard to tell in the few holes I played. Hope to get back out there tonight for another 9.

I am hitting mine well on range but the holes I have played with mine its been cold(10-12* C) and windy today was hitting 30mph, yesterday 20mph so I can't figure out how far the irons go yet.

I do think I am a bit longer as not feeling I need to change clubs compared to what I was doing in much warmer temperatures. Interesting to see in three weeks when I can golf in the heat of Houston with no wind!

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

When I did my fitting, I found the 919T's to be about 1/2 club longer than my 716CB's. Hopefully that will be the case, when they arrive.

Titleist TSR3 9* - KBS TD 60 CAT3 | Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red (S) | Taylormade Sim2 Max 5w(18*) - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x | Srixon Z785 4-PW - KBS Tour FLT (S) | Vokey SM8 50.08F(51*), 56.12D, SM9 64.04W - DG Tour Issue S400 | Bettinardi SS28 Slotback

I haven't received mine yet...got a call from the pro shop saying they were in but, appears Mizuno put, the wrong build sheet in my box. Very interested to see how the tours play with modern lofts. The shaft I liked the feel of picked up launch and spin a bit over my 900 with PX Lz 6.0 shafts. I think Modern lofts with Modus 120 S with a 919 Forged 4I will check all the boxes for me hopefully. My 900 tours were about 1/2 to 1 club shorter than my previous irons...modern loft will hopefully help gap my bag better as well.