2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Mizuno 919 Tour

ProjectX_Mizuno

I haven't received mine yet...got a call from the pro shop saying they were in but, appears Mizuno put, the wrong build sheet in my box. Very interested to see how the tours play with modern lofts. The shaft I liked the feel of picked up launch and spin a bit over my 900 with PX Lz 6.0 shafts. I think Modern lofts with Modus 120 S with a 919 Forged 4I will check all the boxes for me hopefully. My 900 tours were about 1/2 to 1 club shorter than my previous irons...modern loft will hopefully help gap my bag better as well.

I did modern lofts in 7-P 919T (32-36-41-45) to match my MP18 combo, all is good, distances match spot on, most likely order a 28* 6 iron today.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I have the 900 forged and play off between a 1.8-3 handicap during the year. Why do I feel like even the tours are too much for me? Am I giving up too much in forgiveness on off center hits?

What I do want is a little more spin, I play firm, championship greens at my course so it’s hard to say if a little more spin helps or if I just need to hit it higher.

Just got went in for a fitting today for a free set of mizunos. Yes, I said free. I was the first in line at a PGA Superstore opening. I currently own a combo set of the 900t & 900f. I went into today thinking I would walk out with a full set of the 919T.

The 919T were very very very underwhelming. I thought they looked much bigger at address and the feeling was not as good as the 900T. The MP18s outperformed the 919Ts in every way. I was fitted for the C taper lite shaft and the MP18s felt noticeably better. The weight of the 919s compared to the 900s was heavier.

I would pick up the 900T over the 919T if I had to pay for a set. Brooks kept playing the 900T over playing the 919T if that says anything.

*i went with a mp18 6-pw & 4-5 MMC combo

I am becoming more and more familiar with these clubs as time goes on. I did go 4 - 9 in Full Tour and am beyond impressed. In boarderline true blade fashion, I am getting out of them what I am giving into them. The forgiveness is there, a little bit. I'll just say, 4 iron blade, pured, is just a magical thing. These irons force you to get better.

Hope everyone is digging them as much as me.

Just got went in for a fitting today for a free set of mizunos. Yes, I said free. I was the first in line at a PGA Superstore opening. I currently own a combo set of the 900t & 900f. I went into today thinking I would walk out with a full set of the 919T.

The 919T were very very very underwhelming. I thought they looked much bigger at address and the feeling was not as good as the 900T. The MP18s outperformed the 919Ts in every way. I was fitted for the C taper lite shaft and the MP18s felt noticeably better. The weight of the 919s compared to the 900s was heavier.

I would pick up the 900T over the 919T if I had to pay for a set. Brooks kept playing the 900T over playing the 919T if that says anything.

*i went with a mp18 6-pw & 4-5 MMC combo

funny how different perceptions can be. I was playing an MMC/MB combo and like the 919T a little better.

I thought the weight thing was just me, the 919 do feel heavy, and I love that.

Both great irons

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

For those who have been playing the Tours curious if you find the forgiveness comparison made in this review to be accurate. Here is what I am referring to:

https://Not allowed because of spam.com/2019-mizuno-jpx919-irons-review/

Despite being a legitimate tour iron, the JPX919 Tour is not an unforgiving club. Mizuno uses a forgiveness metric called Sweet Area, which is the area of an ellipse representing the combined measured heel to toe and top to bottom MOI of an iron. The key point here is that the metric is born from measurements of actual parts and wasn’t created during the marketing department’s weekly meeting.

Under this metric, the 919 Tour is nearly as forgiving as the MP-18 MMC, a tick more forgiving than both the Callaway APEX CF16, Titleist AP3, and TaylorMade’s MP4. What’s notable is that 919 achieves this level of forgiveness, despite its compact tour profile, specifically, it’s shorter blade length.

If so, that's a lot of forgiveness for a players cavity aimed at higher handicappers, no?

For those who have been playing the Tours curious if you find the forgiveness comparison Not allowed because of spam made in their review to be accurate. Here is what I am referring to:

Despite being a legitimate tour iron, the JPX919 Tour is not an unforgiving club. Mizuno uses a forgiveness metric called Sweet Area, which is the area of an ellipse representing the combined measured heel to toe and top to bottom MOI of an iron. The key point here is that the metric is born from measurements of actual parts and wasn’t created during the marketing department’s weekly meeting.

Under this metric, the 919 Tour is nearly as forgiving as the MP-18 MMC, a tick more forgiving than both the Callaway APEX CF16, Titleist AP3, and TaylorMade’s MP4. What’s notable is that 919 achieves this level of forgiveness, despite its compact tour profile, specifically, it’s shorter blade length.

https://Not allowed because of spam.com/2019-mizuno-jpx919-irons-review/

If so, that's a lot of forgiveness for a players cavity aimed at higher handicappers, no?

I finally hit the 919 Tour and Forged tonight, and made a point of hitting them alongside the MP18 MMC for comparison.

On average the 919 Tour was only as midge shorter on carry than the MP18 MMC. They looked incredibly similar dimension and offset-wise down by the ball. They also felt very similar at impact, and they were both producing great results for me on both good and average strikes. I would take either of these irons in a full set in a heartbeat, and I'm no single digit.

I got more front-to-back and side-to-side dispersion with the Forged, but in fairness I'd need to test them with a different shaft.

The 919 Tours have that 'new' factor going for them. The MMCs have the ability to blend with the MBs going for them. It would be a coin toss between them for me, as much as I can translate indoor performance to outdoor...

For me also the Tours ave very forgiving. I hit one they on Monday and I was at full stretch with a 6 iron and it almost got thee , ended up pin high left, I was shocked.

Now comparison to mp25 certainly as forgiving or more, I am striking my irons very well right now though. I just need a day without lots of wind and cold to see for real.

Very soft when struck middle.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

I went in two different times to hit the 919 Tour, Titleist AP2, and Srixon Z785. Like the 919 tour the best and ordered a set 5-PW. I have never hit the 900 tour but was really impressed with the 919 tour. Was surprised that they were much more forgiving than I would have thought. My mind has changed on what handicap can get away with the 919 tour, its higher than what I would have thought. Was debating on going 919 forged with the 5 iron. Hit the tour and forged 7 iron side by side and hit the tour so much better that I went tour throughout. Now the wait begins!

You guys with the 919T, what driving type of iron are you guys using in the 3 iron? Getting fit for the 919T tomorrow, but I play a T-MB in the 3 iron (which I hate).

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

MP Fli-Hi in the 4-5 for me, play a 3H, not a 3iron. I like the Fli-Hi's, but some are just doing 919F long irons. There is a JPX fli-hi coming in February.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

You guys with the 919T, what driving type of iron are you guys using in the 3 iron? Getting fit for the 919T tomorrow, but I play a T-MB in the 3 iron (which I hate).

What do you hate about the t-mb? I had a tm 790 in 3 iron when I had the 730 blades, I first tried the t-mb and I thought it felt like crap compared to the 790. After playing it though, I think I almost like a players cavity for the long clubs better and something like a 790 for a true driving iron but the 790 felt really good. It was just such a jump from a blade to something like a 790 from the fairway and I think I hit a players cavity better.

What do you hate about the t-mb? I had a tm 790 in 3 iron when I had the 730 blades, I first tried the t-mb and I thought it felt like crap compared to the 790. After playing it though, I think I almost like a players cavity for the long clubs better and something like a 790 for a true driving iron but the 790 felt really good. It was just such a jump from a blade to something like a 790 from the fairway and I think I hit a players cavity better.

I didn't realize I hated it so much till I hit the 790 3 iron which is an absolute rocket and way more forgiving. The feel of the TMB is bad, but the performance has been really bad for me, which is odd because I've played the same specs in the 712u and 716TMB.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Love these irons. They helped me get an unused set of 900tours for cheap!

I'm hoping to do the same thing!

Ping G400 LST 10* w/Matrix Reign Black G70T-X
PXG 0311-X Gen4 w/Tensei Pro White 100TX

Srixon ZX 20* w/ACCRA TZ5 100X
Srixon Z745 4-PW w/KBS C-Taper 125S+

Artisan Custom 51*S/55*DS/59*RDS w/DG S400 Tour Issue
Artisan Custom 0820 Mid Mallet *CHAMELEON*

Titleist 816 H2 21* and I ordered a 919 Forged 4 iron...I'm hoping the gapping closer than previous...I had a little too much between the 900T 4 iron and my hybrid.

Titleist TSR3 9* - GD Tour AD Di 6s  45.25"
Titleist TSR2 16.5" GD Tour AD Di 7x 
Mizuno MP 20 HMB 2i Nippon Modus 120s 
Mizuno MP 225 4-PW Nippon Modus 115s
TM MG2 50*, 54*, TM MG3 60*
Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Doulble Wide Putter 34" 

I still have a true hybrid for my 3 iron. I tried the MP Fli-Hi last year when I had a set of MP18-SC briefly last year. Finally realized I just don’t get along with driving irons.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

I still have a true hybrid for my 3 iron. I tried the MP Fli-Hi last year when I had a set of MP18-SC briefly last year. Finally realized I just don’t get along with driving irons.

Shakey are C Taper Lite's an upcharge? Do you have a list showing what shafts are stock offerings vs. upcharge?

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Shakey are C Taper Lite's an upcharge? Do you have a list showing what shafts are stock offerings vs. upcharge?

No upcharge. I can't find it on their site but TGW states $0 and I saw on IG from Roger Dunn that it's any shaft free. I'm going to presume any shaft that's free is a shaft they have.

No upcharge. I can't find it on their site but TGW states $0 and I saw on IG from Roger Dunn that it's any shaft free. I'm going to presume any shaft that's free is a shaft they have.

Mizuno has no upcharge on most grips and shafts.

https://www.mizunousa.com/category/shafts+and+grips.do?gc=100939&content_type_qp=Iron&pp=300&page=all&sortby=ourPicksAscend&cx=1

See that someone beat me to the answer. Basically whatever they stock is no upcharge. Both shafts and grips. Website should have all the options.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Pretty split between MP 18s and the JPX 919 Tours. Not sure which one I'll get but ask me any given day and I'll give you a different answer...ugh. I've hit both and both feel great.

I couldn't agree more.

While at golf Galaxy, I had them next to each other and just looked in awe at both.

Although, the 919 might have the edge by a smidge, for me.

Pretty split between MP 18s and the JPX 919 Tours. Not sure which one I'll get but ask me any given day and I'll give you a different answer...ugh. I've hit both and both feel great.

I couldn't agree more.

While at golf Galaxy, I had them next to each other and just looked in awe at both.

I said that before and then I went down a rabbit hole of looking at MP18 gear...lol. Today is a 919T day so we'll see how it goes. I'll probably make the purchase in the off season and get used to the clubs before spring. I don't think there's a wrong decision here but I like how the MP line has treated me so far.

I couldn't agree more.

I said that before and then I went down a rabbit hole of looking at MP18 gear...lol. Today is a 919T day so we'll see how it goes. I'll probably make the purchase in the off season and get used to the clubs before spring. I don't think there's a wrong decision here but I like how the MP line has treated me so far.

Do you currently have the mp18 blades?

I couldn't agree more.

Do you currently have the mp18 blades?

Nah I have a MP-5 / 25 set up right now. If I go MP18 blades, I'll get the 6-PW set up with 4 and 5 being SCs. I've considered using the 4 and 5 as the 919T's but not sure if it'll sit right with me.

I'm coming off a bad range session which has helped to make this decision harder. On the plus side, hitting the MP18 6 iron hasn't been too bad as most my strikes were pure. Tried the 919T for a little bit but the salesman was being weird with everything.

What are these supposed to do that the SC doesn't?

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x