Skycaddie SX500

Upon reflection would not the auto hole movement and the message asking you if you are finished with the hole signal the SX500 that you are still playing and avoid the shutdown?

Auto hole movement, if it like a smartphone, will not. If you get the message if you are finished with a hole and tap a response it should restart the auto shutdown timer.

I work at SkyGolf and noticed this issue. TM_HOYER is correct on all responses to this issue with the only exception being that the SX500 should restart the auto off timer when the auto hole advances to next hole, regardless of manual selection OR automatic (non-touch) selection (i.e. dialog times out and advances to next hole automatically).

J-RO... if you are still having this issue, would you please let us know all the details you can remember, concerning how you had your SX500 setup when you encountered this, such as the following:

- Course(s) played when this happened

- AutoHole On/Off (was it On every time you experienced this?)

- Auto Off setting (this occurred on each setting except 'Never', right?)

- Auto Prompt (Off/On)? (this is for Scoring)

- If Auto Prompt = Off, did you score manually, at any time?

- If AutoHole ON, did you just let it go (i.e., not ever touch it until it shut off?)

Any other specifics of how you had Settings and Round Options set AND how you used the SX500 while playing will be helpful; too much information is never bad :)

Of course, TM_HOYER's suggestion to touch the screen to switch views, or advance holes, etc., from time to time should work to alleviate any unwanted shutoffs until we are able to reproduce and get an update app released. Or, as I think you mentioned earlier, setting 'Auto Off' to Never will also work (just don't forget to turn off the SX500 when not in use).

I do not have the problem anymore since I set it to NEVER. At the time the SX500 was set to factory settings. The courses where it happened was Middle Bay in Oceanside, NY and Bethpage in Farmingdale, NY.

On a side note, for your next update, let me suggest the following: The text on the "are you finished with the hole" and "do you want to turn the power off" could be made larger so it is more visible. If you could touch the time in the upper right corner to make it appear larger that would be helpful. Finally, I often hit the screen lock button by mistake, if this can be turned off, like the camera button, this would be useful.

After a few weeks with it I'm pleased for the most part. No complaints at all.

I get around my Home course different than most, as the photos show, so finding a mount for a bike is generally easy. But with the SX500 unique shape/size finding a solution to attach it to a mount was the conundrum. Also wanted a way to use my old RAM Mount universal thingy that attached to push cart or regular cart that I used for every other GPS that I had. After searching I found Quad Lock. They make a universal attachment for the SX500 that sticks to the back. I've put it through some bumpy rides and its solid. They make the perfect low profile mount for my bike and also a 1" ball mount I use with my RAM Mount on carts when playing other courses. They make a variety of mounts including a belt/utility clip.

168125359.jpg

168125360.jpg168125361.jpg

Upon reflection would not the auto hole movement and the message asking you if you are finished with the hole signal the SX500 that you are still playing and avoid the shutdown?

Auto hole movement, if it like a smartphone, will not. If you get the message if you are finished with a hole and tap a response it should restart the auto shutdown timer.

I work at SkyGolf and noticed this issue. TM_HOYER is correct on all responses to this issue with the only exception being that the SX500 should restart the auto off timer when the auto hole advances to next hole, regardless of manual selection OR automatic (non-touch) selection (i.e. dialog times out and advances to next hole automatically).

J-RO... if you are still having this issue, would you please let us know all the details you can remember, concerning how you had your SX500 setup when you encountered this, such as the following:

- If AutoHole ON, did you just let it go (i.e., not ever touch it until it shut off?)

Any other specifics of how you had Settings and Round Options set AND how you used the SX500 while playing will be helpful; too much information is never bad :)

Of course, TM_HOYER's suggestion to touch the screen to switch views, or advance holes, etc., from time to time should work to alleviate any unwanted shutoffs until we are able to reproduce and get an update app released. Or, as I think you mentioned earlier, setting 'Auto Off' to Never will also work (just don't forget to turn off the SX500 when not in use).

I do not have the problem anymore since I set it to NEVER. At the time the SX500 was set to factory settings. The courses where it happened was Middle Bay in Oceanside, NY and Bethpage in Farmingdale, NY.

On a side note, for your next update, let me suggest the following: The text on the "are you finished with the hole" and "do you want to turn the power off" could be made larger so it is more visible. If you could touch the time in the upper right corner to make it appear larger that would be helpful. Finally, I often hit the screen lock button by mistake, if this can be turned off, like the camera button, this would be useful.

Thanks for your suggestions; we have noted these and will review. Concerning making the time larger, if you select the top left icon (appears as 3 horizontal lines at top left of most screens), the time is displayed in a larger font at the top of that menu.

Thanks for your suggestions; we have noted these and will review. Concerning making the time larger, if you select the top left icon (appears as 3 horizontal lines at top left of most screens), the time is displayed in a larger font at the top of that menu.

Thanks for the info on the time but its not that much larger.

I have probably spent too much time trying to figure out a mount that will work......but....I found something I like!

I really prefer that my Sky Caddie hangs on the side of my bag. I do this for a few reasons....

1) When I walk, I don't need to mount it to anything

2) When I ride, I don't want to forget it on the cart

3) It keeps it inconspicuous and not in full view.

Anyway.... The same mount I am using comes with a thick rubber strap and round mounting piece, if you'd like to mount it to the cart or wherever. I bought two of these, on one, I cut off the mounting piece and attached a button to be used with a swivel clip like the old Sky Caddies and I left the other one just as it was. Here are a few pictures I took tonight.

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.15.41%20PM_zpsccqs9yhy.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.18.12%20PM_zps33oaq9i2.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.18.00%20PM_zpsnqowhyav.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.16.51%20PM_zps3b1jss69.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.16.32%20PM_zpscqet8oft.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.15.57%20PM_zpsvfihxkrf.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.17.09%20PM_zps8z1mw0np.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.17.28%20PM_zps24byehiu.png

I have probably spent too much time trying to figure out a mount that will work......but....I found something I like!

I really prefer that my Sky Caddie hangs on the side of my bag. I do this for a few reasons....

1) When I walk, I don't need to mount it to anything

2) When I ride, I don't want to forget it on the cart

3) It keeps it inconspicuous and not in full view.

Anyway.... The same mount I am using comes with a thick rubber strap and round mounting piece, if you'd like to mount it to the cart or wherever. I bought two of these, on one, I cut off the mounting piece and attached a button to be used with a swivel clip like the old Sky Caddies and I left the other one just as it was. Here are a few pictures I took tonight.

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.15.41%20PM_zpsccqs9yhy.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.18.12%20PM_zps33oaq9i2.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.18.00%20PM_zpsnqowhyav.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.16.51%20PM_zps3b1jss69.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.16.32%20PM_zpscqet8oft.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.15.57%20PM_zpsvfihxkrf.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.17.09%20PM_zps8z1mw0np.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-19%20at%205.17.28%20PM_zps24byehiu.png

That looks very promising. Can you post more info on it please.

https://www.amazon.com/Bike-Phone-Mount-Holder-Handlebars/dp/B07CRP1BSY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Swivel-4-Piece-Clip-System/401486047047?epid=5014159713&hash=item5d7a6ee747

I cut the plastic piece off the bike mount and glue the swivel piece on there. Cutting it off can be a pain without a band saw.

I can make you one if you want.

I just wanted to post a quick update on my usage so far. I couldn't be happier with how it has performed. I love the large screen, reliable yardages, responsive interface etc etc. Just today I completed my 3rd round since my last charge and there was still 30% battery left when I plugged it in! And that is with max brightness and screen stays on for 2 mins after I last touch it! I have never had a GPS that lasted anywhere remotely close to that.

Job very very well done SkyGolf.

Also a followup on the mounts, I originally bought the Golf Buddy, which works well but is kinda large and clunky, at least compared to previous belt clip type mounts. Then I bought the Scoche that everyone liked as well. I tried the Scoche, and while it worked, I'm not wild about the lower mounting point, plus even sticking it close to the upright on the windshield it sure does bounce around a lot. Kinda annoying. I've gone back to the Golf Buddy which mounts on the upright so higher and in direct view - just works better for me. The Scoche was only $10 bucks so no big loss, but now I've got that damn metal plate stuck on the back of my SX500, and I suspect if I try to remove the plate it will rip off the "do not remove" warranty sticker as well :(.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Also a followup on the mounts, I originally bought the Golf Buddy, which works well but is kinda large and clunky, at least compared to previous belt clip type mounts. Then I bought the Scoche that everyone liked as well. I tried the Scoche, and while it worked, I'm not wild about the lower mounting point, plus even sticking it close to the upright on the windshield it sure does bounce around a lot. Kinda annoying. I've gone back to the Golf Buddy which mounts on the upright so higher and in direct view - just works better for me. The Scoche was only $10 bucks so no big loss, but now I've got that damn metal plate stuck on the back of my SX500, and I suspect if I try to remove the plate it will rip off the "do not remove" warranty sticker as well :(.

As I said in my post (#213) that is why I prefer not to attach anything to the back of the SX500.

Can you have more than 1 sky caddy on your account using just 1 annual fee to cover both? Gave my Touch to my son after I got my sx500. For a short time, both units were listed on my account, but the Touch has disappeared.

I have 3 different SkyCaddies registered to one account. I have a Double Eagle membership (3 year). Skygolf used to charge extra for multiple devices. But I think they changed that policy.

Tap anywhere on the screen. I would like to know how to turn scoring off while leaving auto hole advance on.

When you start your round, there are three options for auto hole advance, No, Yes, and Yes with scoring.

Did this change with a software update?

Mine came yesterday and this seems to have been separated into two settings.

Round—> AutoHole—>Off/On

Scoring—>Auto Prompt—>Off/On

Tap anywhere on the screen. I would like to know how to turn scoring off while leaving auto hole advance on.

When you start your round, there are three options for auto hole advance, No, Yes, and Yes with scoring.

Round—> AutoHole—>Off/On

Do a sync to update the software and it will be there.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

Round—> AutoHole—>Off/On

Software is already up to date.

Round—> AutoHole—>Off/On

Software is already up to date.

Sorry, yes it did change with the update to a separate prompt.

Callaway Chrome Soft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey there, I purchased an SX500 recently and will be taking on the course for the first time in three weeks.

Upgrading from a Touch and also previously owned an SGX.

Fiddling around with the SX500, I like the large screen for sure, not sure the cover for the recharger port will survive day-to-day use for very long. WiFi syncing and course addition/deletion seems like a godsend.

For those fortunate enough to be golfing this time of year, what would you say you like most about the SX500? Biggest dislike?

Any tips otherwise?

Thanks

Having just moved to community in Florida with a golf course, I am beginning to use it a lot more. I really like the screen, battery life, and speed. The only negative I found is with the side button locations. It makes if very difficult to use with phone mounts that grip from the sides. The grip will push the buttons or you will push the buttons when you grab the SX500 from the mount. I bought a cup holder phone mount that uses magnets to hold the device and it has worked really well for me. Before the SX500, I was using my laser more than the Touch. Now the laser stays in my bag and I only use the SX500.

Callaway Chrome Soft