2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

National Custom Works Official Thread

National Custom Works

Finished pics of new CB.

We can facilitate just about any finish that our clients want for their project but most of the heads we make are raw.

The clubs can be made with literally any amount of offset that the client wants and are hand ground to exact specs, shape, grind topline etc. Just about anything you want we can do, especially with a MB.

S25.

dope to the dope to the dope dope dope

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

Really like the look of the new small cb. The muscle will transition perfectly for a blade/cb combo set.

Shafts arrived today. Now I just need a set of heads to go with them : )

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

One of the first sets of LH irons....

Looks great. So this would be a progressive set with varying muscle depths to help create a preferred flight/trajectory?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

One of the first sets of LH irons....

Looks great. So this would be a progressive set with varying muscle depths to help create a preferred flight/trajectory?

Yes

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

gorgeous! (Even if they are the wrong side of the ball)

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Finished pics of new CB.

We can facilitate just about any finish that our clients want for their project but most of the heads we make are raw.

The clubs can be made with literally any amount of offset that the client wants and are hand ground to exact specs, shape, grind topline etc. Just about anything you want we can do, especially with a MB.

S25.

Ari,

Can you drop me a PM with pricing for 5I to 9I heads only pls. What finish is the one in the pic and what other finishes do you have please.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Finished pics of new CB.

S25.

Ari,

Can you drop me a PM with pricing for 5I to 9I heads only pls. What finish is the one in the pic and what other finishes do you have please.

Pm sent

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

• 1 month later...

Finished pics of new CB.

S25.

Which would launch higher between this and the low cg heel/toe weighted mb?

• 2 weeks later...

I wish NCW had a more informative website.

I love the complete range of options, but I wish that there actual models to view to serve as starting points.

If I were to contact NCW, I wouldn't begin to know how to tell them what I wanted.

A good, informative website is absolutely essential for direct marketing, and they, unfortunately, don't have one.

It's super amateurish, as a matter of fact.

It looks as though the quality of the product deserves much, much better.

Titleist PT___13, 17, 20, 23º fwy wds (stock Titleist MG-307 graphite)
Mizuno Fli Hi___18º driving iron (Aldila NV Pro 105)
Titleist DCI 962___#s 5-9 (Aldila NV Pro 105)
Cleveland 588___49, 53º wedges (Aldila NV Pro 105).
Cleveland 691___58º wedge (Aldila NV Pro 105)
something from my bag of putters--they all suck.

I love the complete range of options, but I wish that there actual models to view to serve as starting points.

If I were to contact NCW, I wouldn't begin to know how to tell them what I wanted.

A good, informative website is absolutely essential for direct marketing, and they, unfortunately, don't have one.

I could be very wrong, but I doubt they are looking for that much exposure or could even handle the volume given the nature of how their products are made.

I could be very wrong, but I doubt they are looking for that much exposure or could even handle the volume given the nature of how their products are made.

My guess is that you're completely right.

I'm personally suspicious of a bush league web page, though.

It's hard to have confidence in getting the super premium product

for which one is going to pay a very premium price

when the craftsmen are content to be represented by

such a shabbily conceived webpage.

It's hard to believe that they would purposely put up a red flag like that just to limit demand.

More likely, they're just not media savvy people.

The old Scratch website was much more professional. (I think some of the same people were involved.)

So was the short-lived Kenneth Smith website way back when websites were brand new.

The NCW website is really a mess.

Having gone through the process of ordering I can state that every bit of information (and more) was provided by Patrick when I reached out. There were an overwhelming number of images provided. I was professionally steered when I needed to be.

There are many pictures on the NCW Instagram page, but many more that can be shared.

I've been duped by many 'professional' websites. Definitely only a part of the picture.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I just got my response from Ari today. Once my season comes to an end, then It will be time to begin working on this project. Really looking forward to it.

Driver: Tour Issue Epic Flash TD 10.5o w/ Fuji Ventus Black 6x 

5wd: Taylormade Sim2 SHAFT???    

Hybrid: 19Titleist 915 w/ Diamana 90 Stiff

Irons: 4Iron thru GW Titleist T100  Shaft????     

Wedges: Edel Wedges 54 & 58 Nippon Modus 125 

Putter: PXG Bat Attack Gen1

Having gone through the process of ordering I can state that every bit of information (and more) was provided by Patrick when I reached out. There were an overwhelming number of images provided. I was professionally steered when I needed to be.

There are many pictures on the NCW Instagram page, but many more that can be shared.

I've been duped by many 'professional' websites. Definitely only a part of the picture.

Interesting to know. Thanks.

I guess that I really enjoy an informative and detailed website.

I just got my response from Ari today. Once my season comes to an end, then It will be time to begin working on this project. Really looking forward to it.

Ari's participation concerns me.

I used to play in a crazy pitch and putt course league which was admittedly more about beer drinking and stupid betting than it was about serious golf.

Nevertheless, I was really into this league and wanted to buy a complete set of expensive custom wedges to give myself an edge there.

Scratch had all the options that I wanted except one. I wanted highly aggressive, cover-shredding, non-conforming, sharp box grooves.

Remember, this was not USGA sanctioned golf.

Ari told me that Scratch could do this, but would not do it with anything but raw finished heads.

I told him that I didn't care if the grooves were machined after plating and were going to rust.

He still refused my order at a time, it turned out, when his company was about to do a header and needed the business.

If NCW is equally indifferent about honoring rather simple requests, that's wouldn't be a good sign.

Not saying they would be, but Ari is involved.

I used to play in a crazy pitch and putt course league which was admittedly more about beer drinking and stupid betting than it was about serious golf.

Nevertheless, I was really into this league and wanted to buy a complete set of expensive custom wedges to give myself an edge there.

Scratch had all the options that I wanted except one. I wanted highly aggressive, cover-shredding, non-conforming, sharp box grooves.

Ari told me that Scratch could do this, but would not do it with anything but raw finished heads.

I told him that I didn't care if the grooves were machined after plating and were going to rust.

He still refused my order at a time, it turned out, when his company was about to do a header and needed the business.

If NCW is equally indifferent about honoring rather simple requests, that's wouldn't be a good sign.

It sure sounds like they dont need your business or headache. Why dont you have someone else make you a non-conforming wedge?

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

Damn! Ouch..

Oh..by the way. Totally agree with you about needing a high quality website for ANY business these days.

There are a gazillion college kids studying IT and graphic design that would love spiff that thing up for a few thousand bucks or for trade out. Offer them a set of irons and let them go to work.

It’s definitely unprofessional to have a shoddy website in this day and age. Too easy and cheap to do better.

For what it’s worth, I think the product pictured in the gallery looks first rate.

It sure sounds like they dont need your business or headache. Why dont you have someone else make you a non-conforming wedge?

Why would you side with them whose job it was to provide custom requests?

It was a set of non-conforming wedges for special circumstances, not one.

And it was a very simple request.

The old Kenneth Smith company could have done it standing on their heads.

Scratch folded like a cheap accordion,

and if NCW takes your attitude while charging premium prices,

they'll fold, too. (I'm hoping that they don't and that they prosper.)

For what it’s worth, I think the product pictured in the gallery looks first rate.

I agree.

You have to remember who is making their clubs and how many majors they have to their credit. People that understand golf history don’t need a very complicated website to understand that they don’t need a simple form to fill out, they can make anything for a true customer who understands the quality of what they are getting. I say the more simple the site, the more I know they don’t have to BS to get buyers.

You have to remember who is making their clubs and how many majors they have to their credit. People that understand golf history don’t need a very complicated website to understand that they don’t need a simple form to fill out, they can make anything for a true customer who understands the quality of what they are getting. I say the more simple the site, the more I know they don’t have to BS to get buyers.

It can be “simple” without looking like a 13 year old did it for their junior high school computer science project.

Ah well its obvious you just have an axe to grind. NCW is doing just fine without a flashy website. They have quite the backlog of orders. I would argue some sleek, over designed website would be off brand. This company makes classic design inspired irons and persimmon woods, "modern" isn't in the game plan.

I'm sorry but this is a completely ridiculous post. Scratch did not make clubs with non conforming grooves. We were not setup to do so all of our grooves were done in Japan not in house. I never told you that and changing the depth and width of the grooves is anything but simple.

I sorry you do not approve of the job I did with the golf club company I started in my garage with less than $10k and ran for over 12 years during some very tough financial times. I'm sure you would have done alot better....

Either way this is not a thread about Scratch, it's about National Custom Works which is a completely different company.

As for our website we will have a better one up in the near future. We are SO BUSY right now we are concentrating on making clubs and getting a second shop setup.

• Like 1

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Ari,

If you get a chance sometime, you mind posting a pic from address with new cavity back against an older AR-1 or EZ-1 style head (maybe just stock if possible before any extra grinding is done, would it be closer in profile to AR-1 or EZ-1 or maybe in the middle)? The new design looks really good, simple and sleek, nice lines of the back from the pics.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Ari,

If you get a chance sometime, you mind posting a pic from address with new cavity back against an older AR-1 or EZ-1 style head (maybe just stock if possible before any extra grinding is done, would it be closer in profile to AR-1 or EZ-1 or maybe in the middle)? The new design looks really good, simple and sleek, nice lines of the back from the pics.

Yes I am out of town until next week but I will post when I get back.

It's closer to the old AR1 than the EZ1.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Ari,

Yes I am out of town until next week but I will post when I get back.

It's closer to the old AR1 than the EZ1.

Sounds good.

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s