Reed Unhappy with Jordan and Jim in Interview

Holy Moses

Every single player on the US team should be willing to join any and all teammates and go win a point. Every single one of those cats should be able to do this and win. We simply are not good at adjusting to conditions and playing as a team, period. These are the situations that occur when you can’t get a W.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reed can be arrogant and annoying but the personal crap should have been dealt with before the first match. This is where guys like Tiger, Furyk and Phil step in and tell these guys to either fight or put their big boy pants on and go win a few matches for the team.

When I played football in H.S. our offensive tackle hated our QB and it hurt our team. The seniors got the 2 of them into the locker with the rest of the team blocking the doors and told them, either kick the crap out of each other or shake hands but we're not leaving here until one of those two things happen.

Today's snowflake mentality is different, lol...

Ah yes, the old 'snowflake' card.

We blame the younger generation for how they act when it's a lot of my generation who made them that way. We decided they needed trophies for everything. We decided they needed more accessories/equipment/private training for their sport as a 10 year old than we had in HS. We are the ones who helicoptered them through school making sure we got every potential piece of adversity of their way.

Then we throw our heads up as they are young adults and call them snowflakes. No idea of your age, but it kills me when I hear people my age (mid 40s) talk about the younger generation.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

I'm not going to bash the guy. He didn't play well but he loves to compete. I've seen prom queens in the back seat of a car put up a better fight than half of the guys on the US team. Spieth and Thomas both played well and won points, which is what its also about. But I'll also say that it seemed like there were a lot of pairings where people were paired with their "buddies" and we see how that turned out. I kinda viewed the Simpson / Watson pairing as a pairing of two weirdos that nobody particularly likes and they played pretty well together. Give me a team of battlers like those two guys and Reed and you'll win a lot more often. Just my two cents.

I realize you're a man, and probably 1000 years old, but you might want to update your repertoire of "jokes" to something that's acceptable in 2018. This forum isn't an old boys club. Thanks.

You have a profile pic that's a "bunghole" joke over 25 years old and you want to be critical of MY age and the propriety of MY jokes? That's rich.

A promo shot from a cartoon and a rape joke aren't even in the same planet...

I imagine the age comment was giving you an out. But then you doubled down, so.....

Thank you for this. I am very used to the doubling down and oftentimes backlash when I speak up against this stuff on golf forums or typically male dominated spaces - but I will always do it anyway. Your post reminds me not everyone is ignorant.

As for the true topic - I can honestly see both sides. I wouldn't want to play with a d-bag like Reed, so I understand Jordan. On the other hand, the pairing was money and feelings and egos should have been put aside for golf. There's a small part of me that can't help but appreciate the brutal honesty, even if we know Reed is widely thought to be a jerk. One thing though - Justine Reed getting in the middle of it does nothing at all to help the situation. They seem to like/want drama.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Reed can be arrogant and annoying but the personal crap should have been dealt with before the first match. This is where guys like Tiger, Furyk and Phil step in and tell these guys to either fight or put their big boy pants on and go win a few matches for the team.

When I played football in H.S. our offensive tackle hated our QB and it hurt our team. The seniors got the 2 of them into the locker with the rest of the team blocking the doors and told them, either kick the crap out of each other or shake hands but we're not leaving here until one of those two things happen.

Tiger and Phil can’t really tell guys to play for the team when they couldn’t push their own differences aside...

Spieth went out of his way for years to give Reed a break when everybody else knew he was a complete j___-_ff. He even took him on as a partner when nobody else would. For his cooperation, he got Reed crapping on him every chance he got, and that's just what we've seen. Who knows what went on behind the scenes...it may have been even worse. We all know what it feels like to be misunderstood but, c'mon, Reed is misunderstood all day every day. The guy is just a complete d$ck. Finally, Jordan said "he's not mine to babysit anymore" and thought that maybe he'd behave himself around Tiger since Tiger seem to like Reed, so...problem solved. Who knew that he'd play like a dog like he did. All those pairings down the line lost due to poor play, not the lack of rapport among the teammates. This is on Reed. Spieth has been kicking himself since the day that he chose to be nice to the weird kid and had it backfire on him personally. Reed will NEVER, EVER get a Captain's pick, no matter the circumstances. This was a no-possible-win situation for YJS (given the loss).

Spieth went out of his way for years to give Reed a break when everybody else knew he was a complete j___-_ff. He even took him on as a partner when nobody else would.

Stopped reading your comment here because this is why the US did not win and Europe has dominated recently. Shouldn't matter who you are paired with, you get paid to play golf and it is your job, put your big boy pants on and WIN A DAMN MATCH.

YJS is the jerk face here.

Ryder Cup. TEAM event.

"I don't wanna play with him daddy!!!"

Jack arse.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

I'm not going to bash the guy. He didn't play well but he loves to compete. I've seen prom queens in the back seat of a car put up a better fight than half of the guys on the US team. Spieth and Thomas both played well and won points, which is what its also about. But I'll also say that it seemed like there were a lot of pairings where people were paired with their "buddies" and we see how that turned out. I kinda viewed the Simpson / Watson pairing as a pairing of two weirdos that nobody particularly likes and they played pretty well together. Give me a team of battlers like those two guys and Reed and you'll win a lot more often. Just my two cents.

I realize you're a man, and probably 1000 years old, but you might want to update your repertoire of "jokes" to something that's acceptable in 2018. This forum isn't an old boys club. Thanks.

And another thing..;-)..

Webb Simpson is NOT a weirdo, nor is he disliked anywhere but here on WRX. He's one of the most respected and well-liked players on Tour by the other pros, the media, and his sponsors. The guy is also one of the best players on earth. I'm not sure where you get the idea that WS is a "weirdo". I guess it just sounded good at the moment you typed it.

Spieth is a whiny guy.

Whine at the ball.

Whine at himself.

That press conference with his politician answer.

Lame.

Yeah sounds like Spieth was at the middle of some of this stuff wih team. At the presser Spieth asked TW a question and he didnt answer. Jordan made some crack like "nice chat Tiger" Hey Reed at least won Spieth got hammered by 5 by Olsen. The worst butt kicking of day to a no-namer. Id put Fuyk up there with Watson and Sutton as one of worst captains in recemt 10-15 years.

YJS is likely to be playing these things for the next 25 years. Can you imagine being stuck with Reed as a partner for that long? I'm sure that it looked like the perfect time to make the escape without ruffling too many feathers. I mean, you get to play with Tiger....how cool is that!? This was his opportunity to really confirm his Captain America identity but instead, he played like shite and is looking to blame it on Spieth. To be stuck with Reed every year in something this important would really take the fun out of it for anyone, I'm sure. I can think of at least one or two guys who I wouldn't even play 18 holes with, regardless whether I had to speak with them or not, that is, if I wanted to enjoy my day. Nobody should be compelled to work with abusive people. Jordan gave it his best and Reed f'd it up.

I think this just proves the point that the US team isn't all in on this thing. Sure they care and want to win, BUT only if all their conditions are met. If they truly were vested in winning this thing, whoever had any issues with others on the team would at the very least try to get it fixed before the comp started. You don't have to like anyone on the team, but you should try to at a minimum have a brief conversation saying "Hey we don't like each other and that's fine, but lets shelve it for the next week. We can hate each other for the other 51 weeks of the year"

That would be the actions of someone that is all in. Doesn't matter who is right or who is wrong or who started what. If you don't have that attitude, you don't truly care about the team. You can't set conditions on team play. That is where the EU team has an edge. They have a common enemy. They want to stick it to the US much more than they want to carry any personal beef they have with someone into the team room and that is never gonna change in this competition.

Spieth went out of his way for years to give Reed a break when everybody else knew he was a complete j___-_ff. He even took him on as a partner when nobody else would.

Stopped reading your comment here because this is why the US did not win and Europe has dominated recently. Shouldn't matter who you are paired with, you get paid to play golf and it is your job, put your big boy pants on and WIN A DAMN MATCH.

They're not getting paid to play in the Ryder Cup. Such a shame that Reed had such a hack for a partner. I mean, who's even heard of that guy? Tiger who?

Undoubtedly if Captain Jim had paired Reed with Spieth, then Patrick wouldn't have hit all of those wayward tee shots nor drowned more golf balls than I did the last time I played Man O' War.

There is no doubt that the Reed-Spieth pairing was successful in the past. There is no guarantee that result would have been repeated in this competition, however, especially considering the things that have occurred between the two in the recent past. I would expect that Spieth would likely have been as upset by this pairing as Reed was that it didn't happen - likely resulting in the two of them not being nearly as productive as in the past. We'll never know for sure, though.

Regardless, the USA team obviously had some serious issues in the locker room. Its obviously very difficult to be a winning team when personal issues divide teammates.

If winning was easy, losers would do it.

Clearly the only way to get the US Team working as a team is to put $100M on the line.

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone Tour RX

Hard for Tiger and Phil to tell someone else to put their big boy pants on when they had a similar dispute for years. Only one thing that these two pairs love more than pride of country is...money. Jordan and Reed need to play for $9 million too.

Then Zach and Kuchar should have done it, point is, these two guys were poisoning the team and it doesn't appear Furyk wanted to address it directly.

Drama Queen?

They weren't poisoning anything. They didn't play together. You think this all came up Thursday morning?

Perspective people.

Reed is right. Though since people don't like him they won't agree with what he said.

I don't like the fact he started all of this mess in the first place. Why did he voluntarily throw Spieth under the bus multiple times about 6 months ago? First it was the "tired of carrying him on my back" comment in a press conference. Then it was the nonsense with the rules official on the golf course, begging for a free drop and making that sarcastic comment that Spieth would have been granted the drop.

All of that was in a joking manner. The part with the drop, Reed was correct and it wasn't really disrespecting Spieth in what he said.

It's just a classic situation where one person thinks they're friends, and one barely tolerates the other guy. I've seen all the shenanigans Reed pulled with Spieth and it's just pretty tone deaf on his part to keep piling on. Spieth is a 3 time major winner and doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that will be the butt of many jokes, especially from someone that would get picked last on the playground at recess

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

When will people learn to just keep their mouth shut.

How's that go?

Better to keep mouth shut and have people think you're stupid (a 8=D) rather than open it and remove all doubt.

So who does he get paired with if he makes the next Ryder Cup. Throw player and captain under bus. Hmmmmm. Sit down until singles. :D

Ping G430 10k 9 Tour Black 2.0 Stiff

Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei White Stiff

Titleist 818 21 KBS PROTO Stiff
Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Senita 38 Putter

No evidence of serious locker room issues, again where does this get made up?

One guy is whining.

The internets, man. It's a crazy place.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

No evidence of serious locker room issues, again where does this get made up?

One guy is whining.

I'm one of those who are guilty as charged, Hawkeye77. I'll own it. I'm simply supposing that these issues were at least a part of the locker room mentality of this team. Its very difficult for me to believe that these attitudes didn't affect the TEAM aspect of this group.

I could very well be wrong in that assumption, however.

To me, this is simply Patrick Reed deflecting blame for his poor play. Jordan and Justin played very well together. That pairing worked. Did the split of the Reed/Spieth pairing adversely affect other teams? We will never know. Its the responsibility of each pairing to take care of its own match and the others obviously didn't fare nearly as well.

If winning was easy, losers would do it.

I agree with Reed here. Seems Furyk played up the let's all be buddies and play with our friends mentality. This is the freaking Ryder Cup, not a casual Sunday match. Play the pairings that give you the best chance to win, not who would have the most fun being paired together.

I had a feeling this would go this way when Phil was announced as a captain's pick....... what a freaking joke.

I think for the most part, pairings that have the most fun together often give you the best chance to win (see Europe). In 2014 and 2016 I'm sure they got along just fine which is why they were successful. But after Reed become Captain America and a Masters champ, his tiny nike shirts couldn't hold in his sweaty flabby ego from flopping all over the place. How do you think the Reed/Spieth pairing would have looked when Spieth would have to drop after every Reed water ball? It would have played out terribly in front of the entire world, much like Tiger and Phil in 2004. If Reed really wanted to continue the partnership, he should have made himself a good partner.

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

They're not getting paid to play in the Ryder Cup. Such a shame that Reed had such a hack for a partner. I mean, who's even heard of that guy? Tiger who?

They do get paid to play golf though. Seeing as they dont get paid for the Ryder Cup should make this more important for pride and representing your country.

Also, I never mentioned anything about Reed in the post, it was directed at the entire team for the US not just one guy, try reading harder next time.

Let’s see:

Georgia didn’t like him

Augusta College teammates didn’t like him

Family doesn’t like him

Maybe Captain America is not a good name for him.

He’s just misunderstood. By everyone, apparently.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna