The 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National (MERGED)

fillwelix

*I had to edit this post*

I don't think the RC is as big of a deal to the American players the way it is to the European players. I'm sure this has already been discussed here I just cant read through this entire thing. One thing that struck me this weekend was the picture of Ian Poulter and his son crying. Those guys care, we don't.

image6926335x.jpg

I think some people need to go and see some re-runs of when the US won in Brookline, Valhalla and hazeltine

very true

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the RC is as big of a deal to the American players the way it is to the European players. I'm sure this has already been discussed here I just cant read through this entire thing. One thing that struck me this weekend was the picture of Ian Poulter and his son crying. Those guys care, we don't.

:cheesy: had to step back up to the mic and clarify.... we scared ya straight

I wouldn't go that far but carry on

If the Ryder Cup isn't "that big of a deal" to the American players, why do they keep choking during the matches?

The question which stumps DJ and Jordan:

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

If USA have players not caring you have failed miserable with the team building!

In a good team build you care for your team and you feel secure to fail as your team will support and defend you. That is what brings out the extra level out of each individual team member. Supporters and fans also needs to act this way.

The high pressure for success that USA seems to put on their players and team will have negative effects in building a team. Individuals will protect themselves instead of each other.

You see it all the time in all kinds of sports! Englands football team in World cup events is a brilliant example of how the non-tolerance of failure from home can impact a teams performance negatively. A team that should be much better on paper suddenly does not perform.

East Lake the week before was physically challenging, and more US players made that tournament which was perhaps a disadvantage.

However, I was disappointed to hear a Sirius pga radio announcer today talk about how there's no way the U.S. players would have played the French Open in order to learn the course under competitive conditions, since after all they're so busy and it's not just that one week in France, but also the exhaustion coming back the week after etc.

Reminded me of all the times I flew to Europe, took a shower at the airport and went straight to a customer meeting, followed by three other countries in a week. And I didn't fly in a private plane. And the week after...is that some kind of a joke? Going east is tough, but you gain time flying west...is there a problem?

Maybe its simple, you don't prepare, don't care enough to prepare, you lose.

Serious question....

How many could fit in the French Open?

Not like there are unlimited open sponsor exemptions there?

And..

I busted my a** for q school finals in the desert when I was playing, and I always struggled vs back east....

And I live in California

The course set up was definitely well done, and the Euros played it better.....it’s all pretty simple!

If USA have players not caring you have failed miserable with the team building!

In a good team build you care for your team and you feel secure to fail as your team will support and defend you. That is what brings out the extra level out of each individual team member. Supporters and fans also needs to act this way.

The high pressure for success that USA seems to put on their players and team will have negative effects in building a team. Individuals will protect themselves instead of each other.

You see it all the time in all kinds of sports! Englands football team in World cup events is a brilliant example of how the non-tolerance of failure from home can impact a teams performance negatively. A team that should be much better on paper suddenly does not perform.

Due respect but I disagree

I think the US team has no fear of failure in the RC.

If they did, they might actually come together.

I think we will have to change the rules for the next one just to make it fair for you guys. What about if we let you lot choose players from the rest of the world or what about strokes just something to make it more interesting for us on this side of the pond

I've just had another great idea, we could let you lot play as a four man texas scramble against the mighty Europe in the singles

Serious question....

And..

I busted my a** for q school finals in the desert when I was playing, and I always struggled vs back east....

And I live in California

The course set up was definitely well done, and the Euros played it better.....it’s all pretty simple!

from the French Open entry list section...

Category 0a, these guys get in first. Players ranked in the top 50 in OWGR on April 9, 2018 and in the Top 50 of the OWGR on June 4, 2018.

the Ryder Cup possibles that entered from this category

Justin Thomas

Jon Rahm

Tommy Fleetwood

Sergio Garcia

Alex Noren (WINNER)

Tyrrell Hatton

Rafa Cabrera Bello

Ian Poulter

Matthew Fitzpatrick

Ross Fisher

Alexander Levy

Thomas Pieters

Captain Thomas Bjorn was in the field and Jim Furyk was there scouting.

Jim Furyk was asked about this in February

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/furyk-i-would-see-guys-play-french-open/

Tiger Woods, Rickie Fowler and Francesco Molinari (WINNER) played in Washington DC that week.

Hunter Mahan was never the same after he duffed that chip. But, he’s still making millions, life is good suckas!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Hunter Mahan was never the same after he duffed that chip. But, he’s still making millions, life is good suckas!

Mahan won 3 events on the PGA Tour after that duffed chip in the RC. Which is the same number of times he won on tour before he duffed the chip. He also reached his highest world ranking (#4 in 2012) after the 2010 RC.

Mahan won 3 events on the PGA Tour after that duffed chip in the RC. Which is the same number of times he won on tour before he duffed the chip. He also reached his highest world ranking (#4 in 2012) after the 2010 RC.

After missing the putt to lose the Ryder Cup in 1991, Bernhard Langer won the German Masters a week later.

Enough with the excuses! The United States team got their a** kicked, royally! Time to move on and come up with another Task Force to resolve the deficiencies of the prior Task Force.

At the end of the day, the Captain needs to be the Captain. Too many chiefs and no Indians is not a good thing when leadership is needed.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

image6926335x.jpg

Good old Hunter Mayhem

Thanks for the info!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

I was just watching the replay of Noren sinking that final putt. He was so stoked that, after he threw his hat, he reared back and almost winged his putter. It looked like he thought better of it at the last second.....smart man. I was really happy for the guy. He's a great player and seems to be a great guy/husband/father and all-around person. We'll get them next time!

Due respect but I disagree

I think the US team has no fear of failure in the RC.

If they did, they might actually come together.

I understand what you mean. A common enemy would have united the forces. But it does not work if you underestimate your opponents to the level that you already won and it turns out more about how and whom to lead the team. The biggest enemy will end up inside your own team. Additionally Jim F seems like a very nice and decent guy that I am afraid that some members in the USA team took the opportunity to use against him instead of appreciate.

Serious question....

And..

And I live in California

If they wanted to play I am sure the organization could have invited to play the whole team, the vice captains and I am pretty sure also the wags.

Serious question....

And..

And I live in California

If they wanted to play I am sure the organization could have invited to play the whole team, the vice captains and I am pretty sure also the wags.

Definitely, whether the rank and file members of the Euro Tour liked it or not, if a dozen potential American players were looking to come over there is no doubt that they would have been accommodated.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Definitely, whether the rank and file members of the Euro Tour liked it or not, if a dozen potential American players were looking to come over there is no doubt that they would have been accommodated.

Zero doubt. If the French Open orgainzers got a call that the Top 12-15 US RC players wanted to come play in the French Open, they would have made it happen. No offense to the bottom ~10 guys on the French Open invite list but they would have been bumped in a hot second if needed.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Serious question....

And..

And I live in California

They refused and probably they didn't even play the Quicken Loans... great job team USA https://www.express.co.uk/sport/golf/979513/ryder-cup-2018-le-golf-national-french-open-golf

Also, just a few of them showed up when Furyk invited to play a practice round earlier this year...

Serious question....

And..

And I live in California

Paul McGinley on Sky was saying that after Justin Thomas played the French Open he told Furyk and other players that they should all play it before the RC. Apparently only 5 did, Mcginley said that Tiger definitely played it and possibly Finau.

not reading 164 pages so if I repeat something, oops.

But when people on the radio are talking about the results and say "Well it's hard to pair Bubba up with someone" "Pairing Reed up isn't easy"

it's not a good sign. Certainly it is all hindsight now, but still. Having that thought about someone isn't positive.

Not saying those are the only issues nor taking anything away from Europe. They played outstanding. It would have taken a lot to beat them in this cup.

Pairing Reed was easy two years ago........and very successful.

Serious question....

And..

And I live in California

The course set up was definitely well done, and the Euros played it better.....it's all pretty simple!

Paul McGinley on Sky was saying that after Justin Thomas played the French Open he told Furyk and other players that they should all play it before the RC. Apparently only 5 did, Mcginley said that Tiger definitely played it and possibly Finau.

Lot of good that did.