2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Cobra One Length trial promotion

Qwiklap

Just got an email for a "Try One Length" promotion. You configure a custom set. Pay a nominal fee ($28 with shipping) and they send you the set.

I guess if you like them - you keep them, otherwise you send them back.

Anyone biting on this? I am extremely curious to try Cobra Forged Tec one length irons.

https://www.cobragolf.com/try-one-length

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Mizuno T22 54* - Taylormade High Toe 58*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also noticed on their site that the "demo day" map has an option for "One Length Trial Set". In my area most of them are at golf stores, but a couple are at courses. If there's a trial set available at a nearby course, that might end up being a better option than the trial. I'm a bit hesitant to ever pay full retail without getting fitted. It doesn't say which set, so it may be the F8's since they should be the most universal fit.

Good luck with them. I haven't tried the ForgedTec One's, but I like my King Forged One's.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

I would, but I don't see any lie adjustment options and I don't care much for any of the shaft options on the Forged ONE. I know the Forged TEC aren't for me as I have owned the last generation as well as tried custom fitting for them.

There is a lie adjustment under the custom options.

So I called them -- and I can order a set of Forged Tec OL with customer lie specs, any stock shaft offering, any stock grip offering, etc., and get it sent to me for $28. If I want to return them -- I just call and they send a call tag (no cost to me to return). Sounds almost too good to be true.

Thinking of going Forged Tec OL with Recoil 780 F4s - (5-GW)

This is literally one of the greatest deals in golf right now.

Until I clicked on the link I initially thought it was going to be a half set or very limited choices, but it’s not. You can order a full custom set of any model with any shaft at any lie and try them with absolutely no strings attached for two weeks. Crazy.

I am literally shocked that they are trying this. I worked briefly for a start up golf company many years ago that tried this and it failed dismally. The CEO incorrectly assumed in his business plan that over 33% of the players would simply keep the clubs. It was actually under 20% and the avalanche of returns sunk the company.

I have no idea how they can afford this. Even if only half of the clubs come back, what The heck do they do with all the used sets?? Refurbish them all and try to send them back out again?? How much does that cost them per set??

If anyone has ANY real interest in these clubs, they should definitely give this a shot.

I bet you anything they will offer you a discount when you call them to get your return mail tag if you like them but are on the fence about buying them because of price. They would be insane to not offer you a nice discount to just keep them. They don’t want them back. That’s what we did at the company I worked for.

Take my word for it. Try them and call in to send them back after two weeks even if you love them. I bet you’ll be offered a discount.

Until I clicked on the link I initially thought it was going to be a half set or very limited choices, but it’s not. You can order a full custom set of any model with any shaft at any lie and try them with absolutely no strings attached for two weeks. Crazy.

I am literally shocked that they are trying this. I worked briefly for a start up golf company many years ago that tried this and it failed dismally. The CEO incorrectly assumed in his business plan that over 33% of the players would simply keep the clubs. It was actually under 20% and the avalanche of returns sunk the company.

I have no idea how they can afford this. Even if only half of the clubs come back, what The heck do they do with all the used sets?? Refurbish them all and try to send them back out again?? How much does that cost them per set??

If anyone has ANY real interest in these clubs, they should definitely give this a shot.

I bet you anything they will offer you a discount when you call them to get your return mail tag if you like them but are on the fence about buying them because of price. They would be insane to not offer you a nice discount to just keep them. They don’t want them back. That’s what we did at the company I worked for.

Take my word for it. Try them and call in to send them back after two weeks even if you love them. I bet you’ll be offered a discount.

Might want to read the small print ... may have to send them back BEFORE the end of 2 weeks.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Might want to read the small print ... may have to send them back BEFORE the end of 2 weeks.

Click on that link in the first post. All the details are there. Cobra isn’t trying to scam anyone. You aren’t going to get a surprise charge from them. There is nothing sneaky about this. The web site clearly says they will call you and ask you if you wish to keep them if they don’t get a phone call from you to order a return mail tag to send them back.

It’s good to be suspicious to a point, but Cobra has a reputation to live up to. They aren’t wanting to scam anyone.

So I called them -- and I can order a set of Forged Tec OL with customer lie specs, any stock shaft offering, any stock grip offering, etc., and get it sent to me for $28. If I want to return them -- I just call and they send a call tag (no cost to me to return). Sounds almost too good to be true.

Thinking of going Forged Tec OL with Recoil 780 F4s - (5-GW)

That's the set I was looking at too. I play 680 in my 14' Apex and like them.

Anyone have any thoughts between the Forged and Forged Tec? What is similar in forgiveness to the 14 Apex?

I am giving it a shot:

BTW -- I was able to build the below set. And called with a couple of additional customizations. I told them I wanted 5-9 to swing weight at D1 (with the midsized grip) and D2 for PW and GW (with grip). I also asked for two extra wraps on the bottom hand only when gripping.

They took the notes and told me that they would ship in the next 3-5 business days.

KING Forged TEC Black ONE Length Irons Custom - Trial Shaft Flex Option Graphite Stiff (+100) Shaft UST - Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap BLK - Graphite Stiff (Suggested Graphite Shaft) Shaft Length STANDARD Grip Type Standard Grips (Cobra Connect Not Included) Grip Lamkin - Ace Crossline Cord - Black - Midsize Grip Options STANDARD Lie Angle 1.5° FLAT Loft Angle 1* STRONG Hand Right Set Comp 5-GW

I just know I wouldn't spend a grand on the set I'd build and would feel bad for wasting their time ha

I did ask them what they do with sets that come back. They said they sell them in local factory sales and to various eBay vendors that sell used clubs.

My brother has wanted t try these, so I shot him a text. It'll be a tight window up here in Alaska since winter is fast approaching

Doesn't winter get there on December 21st like the rest of the northern hemisphere? :tomato:

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

I just know I wouldn't spend a grand on the set I'd build and would feel bad for wasting their time ha

I did ask them what they do with sets that come back. They said they sell them in local factory sales and to various eBay vendors that sell used clubs.

Soooo, try them. Send em back. Then keep an eye on them on eBay. Got it.

Why would the lie angles not all be the same if all the lengths are the same?

And why are the shorter irons flatter? I have my PW/GW/LW at 65.5 at 36"...seems odd.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

Couldn't agree more. If Cobra is in the one-length game for the long term, this greatly benefits them too.

Getting people into this one particular set is one thing. Getting them hooked on one length clubs to where they may upgrade once or twice in the next ten years - thats the ballgame. So if they lose a few bucks on a set here and there, that means nothing to them.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Why would the lie angles not all be the same if all the lengths are the same?

And why are the shorter irons flatter? I have my PW/GW/LW at 65.5 at 36"...seems odd.

They went to a progressive weighted head, and progressive weighted shafts along with different lie angles throughout the set to give optimal launch angles at the top/bottom of the bag. That was always an issue with the previous F7 ONE and Forged ONE sets. I was seriously considering the Forged ONE set, but it utilizes the old system and I would rather wait and see what they release with a Forged update. The Forged TEC are tempting, but the distance dispersion was too much for me too handle.

I guess I could do what Bryson did to solve this issue, and go Utility in the 4-5, then King blade wedges in the 50/54/58.