Driver vs Driver 2

NixLix26

They need a new format, this year's version is as boring as last years.The Wilson President too fixated on what the club will look like on the retail rack. Should be focused on innovative technology and how to market it. Much like Callaway has done with the jailbreak technology. Not visible but they sure know how to market it.

I agree 100%, but that just lets you know exactly how these big companies approach drivers. Its all about visual tech, like TM and Twist-face. Why else would they produce those enlarged over angled face plates to show off their "tech". Besides Y track, instead of T track, the M4 showed no new "visual tech" besides Hammerhead, but nobody bought the M4 or M3 only because of Hammerhead sole, but maybe they did due to Twistface tech (I'm speaking on the 98% golfers outside of Golfwrx).

Also the Epic/Rogue does have the "visual tech" with the JailBreak. It shows on the sole where those 2 bars supposedly show on the sole by the face. So it does kind of show "visual tech".

Honestly watching this show makes me feel more like a sucker considering any drivers from this year. I start to think of Turbulators, Hammerhead, ARC (917 line), Jailbreak, Drangonfly crown etc. and then I start to feel stupid as a consumer, and actually turns me off from wanting to a current driver. Yeah maybe I can gain 3-5 yards with a good fitting. Is it worth the $500-800 (with an upgraded shaft), probably not.... LOL I haven't felt this feeling of "why upgrade" since the last time I saw this show.

And yes, I realize its an hour long Wilson commercial too.

So I will watch the show, but only off my DVR when there's nothing else watch. But I am happy for Rick Shiels. I've been following his channel for a few years, and enjoy his content. Also I Like watching Jeremy as well, I met him in an airport and was just a nice guy, and always used the Blackhawks in the NHL 93-95 on Sega Genesis :drinks:

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the fact that the first show produced a total flop, why on earth would it get another go? I didn't make it through an entire episode of the first one unless I needed a nap. Ugh....

The golf channel has to fill space during what is essentially the off-season for golf.

I'd rather bring Big Break back.... I do like Shiels on TV... he seems natural. May wind up with his own spot...

+10000

Big Break was by far the best show they've had. Heck even a couple of them actually made a splash on the PGA tour, Tommy 2 Gloves, and Tony Finau.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Given the fact that the first show produced a total flop, why on earth would it get another go? I didn't make it through an entire episode of the first one unless I needed a nap. Ugh....

The golf channel has to fill space during what is essentially the off-season for golf.

I'd rather bring Big Break back.... I do like Shiels on TV... he seems natural. May wind up with his own spot...

+10000

Big Break was by far the best show they've had. Heck even a couple of them actually made a splash on the PGA tour, Tommy 2 Gloves, and Tony Finau.

I’d say Finau is still “making” his splash.

I'd be willing to bet if TM or Callaway had the show all you 300 plus yarders would think it's rhe greatest thing going. Yeah, some of the ideas are plum dumb, I get it, but regardless, W/S does make some great products. I love taking money in our weekly scat game with my W/S products. ✌️

They also came out with Triton and "Power Holes" (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)...so yeah, they make some real garbage too.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

Have no intention of watching season 2.

Is Melanie Collins still the host?

Shark Tank is cool. This is a ripoff of that.

Maybe instead of drivers, they should open it up to anything golf related, including apparel & accessories.

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S))

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 17* (stock HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

RTX ZipCore 52* Mid (DG Tour Issue)

SM9 58-10S (DG)

HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
Eleven CS

Any urethane “X” ball

+10000

Wes Bryan

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

I'd be willing to bet if TM or Callaway had the show all you 300 plus yarders would think it's rhe greatest thing going. Yeah, some of the ideas are plum dumb, I get it, but regardless, W/S does make some great products. I love taking money in our weekly scat game with my W/S products. ✌️

Not knocking W/S as a whole... they do make some great stuff. Can't argue that. Out of curiosity, what driver of theirs do you game? I'm always open to checking something out I haven't looked at...

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

They also came out with Triton and "Power Holes" (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)...so yeah, they make some real garbage too.

You’ll probably love the Twistier Face on the new TM M5 then sounds like ????

Not knocking W/S as a whole... they do make some great stuff. Can't argue that. Out of curiosity, what driver of theirs do you game? I'm always open to checking something out I haven't looked at...

C300 that sees lots of bag time, I’m a ho??plus currently bagging V6 Raw irons as well. Bagging a FG Tour F5 5 wood opened to 16* for fairway currently as well.

C300 that sees lots of bag time, I'm a hoplus currently bagging V6 Raw irons as well. Bagging a FG Tour F5 5 wood opened to 16* for fairway currently as well.

I have almost bought the V6s many times.... beautiful irons. What do you think of the C300? Saw one the other day, didn't look too bad... I will have to give it a try.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

Not familiar with the first season, but I am familiar with the Storm guys personally and the quality that they put out I'm not even sure why they would waste their time on this show when they could probably do this on their own. The only thing that makes sense is there is some kind of corporate connection between Storm and Wilson and now I'm wondering why I just didn't email this directly to Hank and find out...

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

+10000

Wesley Bryan was also on the Big Break with his brother.

lets get a group together from WRX and apply next year with a product. see if we can win. "If it isnt that hard"...

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I wish they'd hire some content developers to create a cross between Big Break and equipment testing. DvD is a dumb show!!!!

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

Its a joke of a show. I watched 20 minutes of the first episode and it was unwatchable. I like Rick on the show but that's it. WS needs to just stop making this show and woods in general.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Show is designed to be both entertaining and exposure to Wilson products. Don't think they focus on finding the next great driver, but instead on getting people thinking about Wilson Golf products with lots of ads during the broadcast, etc. The really bad driver designs make it for the entertainment factor alone. It's a TV show that has scripted ideas. Having Rick Shiels on it will only bring relevance as he's one of the more popular club reviewers out there and will bring more exposure to his ventures going forward. And like others said it's filler for the off season anyway.

I didn't realize the Triton was so universally looked down upon. I finally upgraded my old r580 to a Triton over the winter when they were on clearance price, and I've been getting on with it quite well. What's the reason why everyone thinks it is so bad?

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Taylormade R-11 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

+10000

Don't forget Wesley Bryant

Show is designed to be both entertaining and exposure to Wilson products. Don't think they focus on finding the next great driver, but instead on getting people thinking about Wilson Golf products with lots of ads during the broadcast, etc. The really bad driver designs make it for the entertainment factor alone. It's a TV show that has scripted ideas. Having Rick Shiels on it will only bring relevance as he's one of the more popular club reviewers out there and will bring more exposure to his ventures going forward. And like others said it's filler for the off season anyway.

It sends a message that our R&D team can't figure it out so we need Joe public to help us.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

C300 that sees lots of bag time, I'm a ho����plus currently bagging V6 Raw irons as well. Bagging a FG Tour F5 5 wood opened to 16* for fairway currently as well.

I have almost bought the V6s many times.... beautiful irons. What do you think of the C300? Saw one the other day, didn't look too bad... I will have to give it a try.

Low spin, long , and what I’d call forgiving. Mid/high flight with the stock shaft. Tons of adjustability to boot. I ordered extra weights to heavy mi e back up since I play it st 43.5”. Blow right past al the group with the “latest n greatest” lol. Only dislike is its a tad loud to my liking. Great driver nonetheless. You just might like it. Give it a try.

+10000

Don't forget Wesley Bryant

I can't believe you all have forgotten Richy Werenski.

I didn't realize the Triton was so universally looked down upon. I finally upgraded my old r580 to a Triton over the winter when they were on clearance price, and I've been getting on with it quite well. What's the reason why everyone thinks it is so bad?

It's generally regarded as ugly. It sounds awful. It's a little weird with the interchangeable sole plates. Being non-conforming when it was first released was a dig drawback with it's perception. It didn't do anything spectacular from a performance standpoint. It didn't help that it's from Wilson, a company that isn't ever in the conversation when it comes to major OEM's and already had a very weak public perception of it's drivers (seriously, the last Wilson driver I even remember was the INVEX).

And the proof is in the pudding. At the time of it's release, the 125 MSI Aldila Rogue was one of the 'it' shafts in the golf world. Wilson put a real deal Rogue in the Triton and it STILL didn't sell. Enough said.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

It's getting pretty easy to predict Tim Clarke's reaction. If it isn't flat on the bottom, he's scared that it's going to tip when it gets set on a hard surface. If it is flat on the bottom, there's not enough visual technology. If the crown is unique or has an alignment aid, it's going to turn off "better golfers". If the adjustability requires any thought or tools, it's too demanding, but if it doesn't require tools it's probably not USGA compliant.

For that reason, I would have figured that he would love the exoskeleton idea, but he found a way to slam that too.

That being said, I can't imagine how people could show up with plans for something with magnetic weights.

I bet if you gave him something similar to the Cobra King LTD with a sliding weight track, he'd write the check on the first episode. Of the first group of entries, the one with the Big Bertha circular track looks like the winner to me. The one that interests me the most is the "no sex" driver. If you could find a design that would blend driver distance/performance with driving iron looks, it probably wouldn't be a bad club to play.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

So it performs on par with the rest? Or worse? Or does most of the dislike just come from the look and sound... it does sound like an aluminum baseball bat. I do get on with it fairly well, would you think a different head would perform much better? It was between the Triton, old stock f6, and a used G at the time I bought it, I liked the PING head the best but it was the cost of the Triton new., and the Triton came with the nice rouge shaft.

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Taylormade R-11 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

i feel like this show (at least with the WRX market segment) does nothing good for wilsons product. it just adds to the gimmick status of whatever club wins.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Tim Clarke doesn’t like anything. One contestant had a stabilizing “ring” inside to accomplish the same thing that jailbreak does. Clarke basically well if no one can see it then it won’t help it sell. Seriously?

I literally thought the same thing while he was talking nonsense.