Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Driver vs Driver 2

Comments

• rymail00rymail00 Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Nixhex524 wrote:

BigHook25 wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

Given the fact that the first show produced a total flop, why on earth would it get another go? I didn't make it through an entire episode of the first one unless I needed a nap. Ugh....

The golf channel has to fill space during what is essentially the off-season for golf.

I'd rather bring Big Break back.... I do like Shiels on TV... he seems natural. May wind up with his own spot...

+10000

Big Break was by far the best show they've had. Heck even a couple of them actually made a splash on the PGA tour, Tommy 2 Gloves, and Tony Finau.
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • mosesgolfmosesgolf Members Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Shiels moving up in the celebrity status.
    Ping G400 MAX 9 Aldila 125 MSI 70 x
    Ping G 14.5 3 Wood Tour 80 Stiff
    Ping G 17.5 4 Wood Tour 75 Stiff
    Ping G400 4-PW Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2 SS 50*
    Ping Glide 2 SS 54*
    Ping Glide 2 ES 60*
    Ping Sigma Doon 38
  • boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    rymail00 wrote:

Nixhex524 wrote:

BigHook25 wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

Given the fact that the first show produced a total flop, why on earth would it get another go? I didn't make it through an entire episode of the first one unless I needed a nap. Ugh....

The golf channel has to fill space during what is essentially the off-season for golf.

I'd rather bring Big Break back.... I do like Shiels on TV... he seems natural. May wind up with his own spot...

+10000

Big Break was by far the best show they've had. Heck even a couple of them actually made a splash on the PGA tour, Tommy 2 Gloves, and Tony Finau.

I’d say Finau is still “making” his splash.
    I’d be willing to bet if TM or Callaway had the show all you 300 plus yarders would think it’s rhe greatest thing going. Yeah, some of the ideas are plum dumb, I get it, but regardless, W/S does make some great products. I love taking money in our weekly scat game with my W/S products. ✌️
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Members Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    boggyman wrote:

I'd be willing to bet if TM or Callaway had the show all you 300 plus yarders would think it's rhe greatest thing going. Yeah, some of the ideas are plum dumb, I get it, but regardless, W/S does make some great products. I love taking money in our weekly scat game with my W/S products. ✌️

They also came out with Triton and "Power Holes" (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)...so yeah, they make some real garbage too.
    TS 3 8.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-TaperLite
    Mizzy MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
    Scotty Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

WITB link
  • 95124hacker95124hacker Rare putter collection Members Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Have no intention of watching season 2.

Is Melanie Collins still the host?

Shark Tank is cool. This is a ripoff of that.

Maybe instead of drivers, they should open it up to anything golf related, including apparel & accessories.
    ‘17 M2 “K serial” 10.5* turned down a notch, Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 63S
    '16 M1 3HL (17*), Fujikura Pro 70S
    King F7 2-3 (19*), Fujikura Pro 75h, S
    Epon AF-901 22*, Roddio Pentacross I-8, S
    '09 Yamaha Inpres X V-Forged Tourmodel 4-PW, Roddio Pentacross I-10, S
    Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 52* & 58*
    Odyssey WHP CSM 400g
    Ball: Performing validation testing of the M G S test
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    rymail00 wrote:

Nixhex524 wrote:

BigHook25 wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

+10000

Wes Bryan

Callaway Epic Flash 12*
    Exotics Xrail 3h | 4h | 5h
    Ping G700 6-UW
    Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum

Handicap: 10.8

• Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,206 ClubWRX
    boggyman wrote:

I'd be willing to bet if TM or Callaway had the show all you 300 plus yarders would think it's rhe greatest thing going. Yeah, some of the ideas are plum dumb, I get it, but regardless, W/S does make some great products. I love taking money in our weekly scat game with my W/S products. ✌️

Not knocking W/S as a whole... they do make some great stuff. Can't argue that. Out of curiosity, what driver of theirs do you game? I'm always open to checking something out I haven't looked at...
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Project X HZRDUS yellow 6.0 76g
    Titleist 917f2 15* Diamana S+ 70s 
    Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85s
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT  SS1x
    Titleist SM5 50/12, 56/10
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

boggyman wrote:

They also came out with Triton and "Power Holes" (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)...so yeah, they make some real garbage too.

You’ll probably love the Twistier Face on the new TM M5 then sounds like 😂😂😂😂
    edited Oct 4, 2018 #41
    Nixhex524 wrote:

boggyman wrote:

Not knocking W/S as a whole... they do make some great stuff. Can't argue that. Out of curiosity, what driver of theirs do you game? I'm always open to checking something out I haven't looked at...

C300 that sees lots of bag time, I’m a ho😂😂plus currently bagging V6 Raw irons as well. Bagging a FG Tour F5 5 wood opened to 16* for fairway currently as well.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,206 ClubWRX
    boggyman wrote:

Nixhex524 wrote:

boggyman wrote:

C300 that sees lots of bag time, I'm a ho����plus currently bagging V6 Raw irons as well. Bagging a FG Tour F5 5 wood opened to 16* for fairway currently as well.

I have almost bought the V6s many times.... beautiful irons. What do you think of the C300? Saw one the other day, didn't look too bad... I will have to give it a try.
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Project X HZRDUS yellow 6.0 76g
    Titleist 917f2 15* Diamana S+ 70s 
    Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85s
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT  SS1x
    Titleist SM5 50/12, 56/10
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

• SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    And the winner is....

Triton 2 with power holes, a fin on the bottom, and moveable magnets!!! Yippee!!!
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Not familiar with the first season, but I am familiar with the Storm guys personally and the quality that they put out I'm not even sure why they would waste their time on this show when they could probably do this on their own. The only thing that makes sense is there is some kind of corporate connection between Storm and Wilson and now I'm wondering why I just didn't email this directly to Hank and find out...
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
    rymail00 wrote:

Nixhex524 wrote:

BigHook25 wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

+10000

Wesley Bryan was also on the Big Break with his brother.
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 4, 2018 #46
    lets get a group together from WRX and apply next year with a product. see if we can win. "If it isnt that hard"...
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • ttm27ttm27 Members Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim Clarke doesn’t like anything. One contestant had a stabilizing “ring” inside to accomplish the same thing that jailbreak does. Clarke basically well if no one can see it then it won’t help it sell. Seriously?

• thejuicethejuice AtlantaMembers Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they'd hire some content developers to create a cross between Big Break and equipment testing. DvD is a dumb show!!!!
    TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
    TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
    TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
    Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
    Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
    TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a joke of a show. I watched 20 minutes of the first episode and it was unwatchable. I like Rick on the show but that's it. WS needs to just stop making this show and woods in general.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
  • jimb6golfjimb6golf Members Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Show is designed to be both entertaining and exposure to Wilson products. Don't think they focus on finding the next great driver, but instead on getting people thinking about Wilson Golf products with lots of ads during the broadcast, etc. The really bad driver designs make it for the entertainment factor alone. It's a TV show that has scripted ideas. Having Rick Shiels on it will only bring relevance as he's one of the more popular club reviewers out there and will bring more exposure to his ventures going forward. And like others said it's filler for the off season anyway.
  • kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realize the Triton was so universally looked down upon. I finally upgraded my old r580 to a Triton over the winter when they were on clearance price, and I've been getting on with it quite well. What's the reason why everyone thinks it is so bad?
    TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Baffler 3w 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
  • GWfoolGWfool Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    rymail00 wrote:

Nixhex524 wrote:

BigHook25 wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

+10000

Don't forget Wesley Bryant
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    jimb6golf wrote:

Show is designed to be both entertaining and exposure to Wilson products. Don't think they focus on finding the next great driver, but instead on getting people thinking about Wilson Golf products with lots of ads during the broadcast, etc. The really bad driver designs make it for the entertainment factor alone. It's a TV show that has scripted ideas. Having Rick Shiels on it will only bring relevance as he's one of the more popular club reviewers out there and will bring more exposure to his ventures going forward. And like others said it's filler for the off season anyway.

It sends a message that our R&D team can't figure it out so we need Joe public to help us.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
    Nixhex524 wrote:

boggyman wrote:

Nixhex524 wrote:

boggyman wrote:

C300 that sees lots of bag time, I'm a ho����plus currently bagging V6 Raw irons as well. Bagging a FG Tour F5 5 wood opened to 16* for fairway currently as well.

I have almost bought the V6s many times.... beautiful irons. What do you think of the C300? Saw one the other day, didn't look too bad... I will have to give it a try.

Low spin, long , and what I’d call forgiving. Mid/high flight with the stock shaft. Tons of adjustability to boot. I ordered extra weights to heavy mi e back up since I play it st 43.5”. Blow right past al the group with the “latest n greatest” lol. Only dislike is its a tad loud to my liking. Great driver nonetheless. You just might like it. Give it a try.
  • south_side_leftysouth_side_lefty Members Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    GWfool wrote:

rymail00 wrote:

Nixhex524 wrote:

BigHook25 wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

+10000

Don't forget Wesley Bryant

I can't believe you all have forgotten Richy Werenski.
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Members Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    kmay__ wrote:

I didn't realize the Triton was so universally looked down upon. I finally upgraded my old r580 to a Triton over the winter when they were on clearance price, and I've been getting on with it quite well. What's the reason why everyone thinks it is so bad?

It's generally regarded as ugly. It sounds awful. It's a little weird with the interchangeable sole plates. Being non-conforming when it was first released was a dig drawback with it's perception. It didn't do anything spectacular from a performance standpoint. It didn't help that it's from Wilson, a company that isn't ever in the conversation when it comes to major OEM's and already had a very weak public perception of it's drivers (seriously, the last Wilson driver I even remember was the INVEX).

And the proof is in the pudding. At the time of it's release, the 125 MSI Aldila Rogue was one of the 'it' shafts in the golf world. Wilson put a real deal Rogue in the Triton and it STILL didn't sell. Enough said.
    TS 3 8.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-TaperLite
    Mizzy MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
    Scotty Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

WITB link
  • MychMych Members Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 4, 2018 #57
    It's getting pretty easy to predict Tim Clarke's reaction. If it isn't flat on the bottom, he's scared that it's going to tip when it gets set on a hard surface. If it is flat on the bottom, there's not enough visual technology. If the crown is unique or has an alignment aid, it's going to turn off "better golfers". If the adjustability requires any thought or tools, it's too demanding, but if it doesn't require tools it's probably not USGA compliant.

For that reason, I would have figured that he would love the exoskeleton idea, but he found a way to slam that too.

That being said, I can't imagine how people could show up with plans for something with magnetic weights.

I bet if you gave him something similar to the Cobra King LTD with a sliding weight track, he'd write the check on the first episode. Of the first group of entries, the one with the Big Bertha circular track looks like the winner to me. The one that interests me the most is the "no ****" driver. If you could find a design that would blend driver distance/performance with driving iron looks, it probably wouldn't be a bad club to play.
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭
    So it performs on par with the rest? Or worse? Or does most of the dislike just come from the look and sound... it does sound like an aluminum baseball bat. I do get on with it fairly well, would you think a different head would perform much better? It was between the Triton, old stock f6, and a used G at the time I bought it, I liked the PING head the best but it was the cost of the Triton new., and the Triton came with the nice rouge shaft.
    TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Baffler 3w 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    i feel like this show (at least with the WRX market segment) does nothing good for wilsons product. it just adds to the gimmick status of whatever club wins.
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
    ttm27 wrote:

Tim Clarke doesn’t like anything. One contestant had a stabilizing “ring” inside to accomplish the same thing that jailbreak does. Clarke basically well if no one can see it then it won’t help it sell. Seriously?

I literally thought the same thing while he was talking nonsense.
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    BigHook25 wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

This.

I would rather this than watching Hank Haney teach celebrities how to play golf.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file