New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

I can certainly understand the appearance bothering someone to the extent of not being able to hit a given driver.

Top, including shape. Color. Face. Really any part of its appearance at address. But the bottom ? Can't see that one,,,,,,,,,,,

Crazy thing is that I think the TS Headcover is boring. It doesn't follow the design of the clubs at all, The bottom of the clubs have sharp angles and razor looking design features, but the headcover has 2 lines with a band for the TS logo....Yawn. It doesn't really matter but struck me as an odd oversight by Titleist.

Hmmmmm,,,,,,,, the driver, assuming I liked it enough is one thing, but the headcover ?

I don't care. I use my own. :)

09d27d0135461caad94cd877e091c473.jpg

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I can certainly understand the appearance bothering someone to the extent of not being able to hit a given driver.

Top, including shape. Color. Face. Really any part of its appearance at address. But the bottom ? Can't see that one,,,,,,,,,,,

Crazy thing is that I think the TS Headcover is boring. It doesn't follow the design of the clubs at all, The bottom of the clubs have sharp angles and razor looking design features, but the headcover has 2 lines with a band for the TS logo....Yawn. It doesn't really matter but struck me as an odd oversight by Titleist.

I actually quite like the headcover, my only beef with it is that there doesn't seem to be any protection for the shaft.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I have 4 rounds under my belt with my TS2, I have to say it's getting better and better the more I get used to it the more confidence I have in it. I can hit little fades and draws at will, love the sound and feel... definitely the best driver I've had this year and I've had M4, F8+, G Max and Rogue this season.

I have 4 rounds under my belt with my TS2, I have to say it's getting better and better the more I get used to it the more confidence I have in it. I can hit little fades and draws at will, love the sound and feel... definitely the best driver I've had this year and I've had M4, F8+, G Max and Rogue this season.

Good to hear i just picked one up last nite an pretty much have had the same drivers as you over this season ,i got the ts2 with the smoke going to plat tomorrow

So what are peoples impression of the Smoke line? Looking for people that have played the HZRDUS Black and/or Yellow. I've read the marketing material, but is there a big difference in feel?

I found it to be a slightly weaker version if that makes sense. Doesnt feel as stout, launches and spins a little more. Solid for free offering tho

So what are peoples impression of the Smoke line? Looking for people that have played the HZRDUS Black and/or Yellow. I've read the marketing material, but is there a big difference in feel?

I found it to be a slightly weaker version if that makes sense. Doesnt feel as stout, launches and spins a little more. Solid for free offering tho

I would agree with PatsNation... I play the yellow in my G400, 6.0 and have a 5.5. The Smoke feels right in between those two for me. Feels really nice actually.

I had the EF 6.0 in mine, but I just took the TS3 back for store credit today. It was good but the G400 is just better all around for me. The EF may have been a bad fit for me, it is a bit stouter feeling than the smoke for sure and I do not need a low/low shaft. Looking forward to hearing more on the TS2.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

+ 1 on this,

It's like the little brother of the black. Not as intimidating, but every bit of a bad @$$.

Little note on Handcrafted models versus retail. Spoke with Team Titleist today and discussed in a little detail. I was told the ONLY difference is location produced, same exact materials and built process. There is no difference in performance. The Handcrafted models are made here in the USA. No flaming please that’s straight from the horses mouth, they received this info from the Engineers. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Got my ts3 9.5 with smoke 6.0 on the way.

Was averaging 108 swing speed, 157 ball speed, 2300 spin, 275 carry, and 303 total yards. Super pumped! Hope I perform with it on the course. Didn't try the ts2, preferred the look and workability of the ts3 so I didn't want to have an internal conflict (haha).

Anybody OLD n SLOW get into the new drivers yet? 50's with 90-ish speed ....

I tried 3 of the shafts(stock) without success

I'm not in my 50s and swing around 110 but when I got fit I couldn't get either the TS2 or TS3 below 3k in spin. I didnt get to try my gamer shaft in the TPT so who knows. Even on ones I centered and flew great the spin killed the distance. Ball speed seemed on par with my M4 or 0811X.

Hit the TS3 today with Hazardous Smoke stiff. Really liked it. I am gaming the M4 right now and distance was similar (no data just naked eye observations re: ball flight and distance to the end of my usual range). I previously played the 917 D3 (loved it) and the TS3 feels hotter of the face. I love the way Titleist drivers set up behind the ball and find I can work the ball both ways well with them. The M4 is a great driver but I do have a harder time turning the ball over because of the way it sets up. I will have a hard time not buying the TS3!

Driver (10):  Titleist TSR3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
3 Wood (16.5):  Titleist TSR2 (Tour AD DI 7s)
Hybrid (19):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Hybrid (22):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Irons (5-G):  Titleist T100S (TT Elevate Tour)
Wedges:  54/58:  Vokey SM9 (PX LZ 6.0 -- Onyx)
Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas 2022

LOL...I’m with you. Tried both drivers with multiple shafts over two days vs my G400 Max/Diamana Blueboard and right off thought I had a winner with the TS3/Tensei Blue however rotating back to my Ping there was no real gain or loss. Too close to call with my mid 90s swing. I put a good move on any of them and they go similar distances with the Ping winning the dispersion battle. In the past I could easily have talked myself into the TS3 because like the M3 I can weight it to draw more and it results in some nice looking shots. But I fear I’m getting bored with the whole process and losing my inner ho’. :-)

Okay, if anybody remembers some of the posts I've made, I'm not a huge proponent of new driver tech. I've gone off about how it's all marketing BS and since they've maxed out the driver, a guy should play what he likes the look and feel of because it doesn't make any difference between drivers. The fact that I've compared the 910 to all the Titleist drivers since, and the 910 actually produced the longest tee shot in 2 different fittings (it beat the 913 and 917) was pretty solid empirical evidence that new drivers were pretty much just hype. Even Crossfield got his regular carry in his review and he's sponsored by them now (#262)

That said....

I went and hit TS3 last night and I was absolutely blown away. With the same shaft, the TS3 carried 14 yards further, than my 915, 22 yards further total distance. How is this possible? I was fitted by a very reputable fitter for that 915 and since I bought it, I've hit M1, M2, M3,M4, EPIC. Rogue, G400,LST/MAX, 917, F8+, ST180 and probably a couple more. And every one of them were within a few yards of each other on the same sim. I was doing a pretty good job at finding the middle of the face with both clubs and the TS3 would just not fall out of the sky.

I'm actually suspicious to the point that I didn't order one and I'm going to do another side by side with a few of the other new offerings because those results just don't jive. I saw it first hand, but just can't believe that it's on the level.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

I'm 61 and the TS2 worked best for me. Shaft that worked best with the NV 2KNV Orange. Gained about 10 yards over current Ping G set up. Is it worth the 500 bucks for 10 yards? Not sure about that. For my 14 year old son, he fit best into a TS3. Got his total distance up from 265 with his Epic set up to about 290. A note on this though. His Epic was fit in March. His swing speed then was about 90 with a driver. He's now about 103-104 and he grew 5 inches. What happened with his Epic is he outgrew the shaft (Synergy 60 S) and loft (10.5*). He has not been properly fitted for the TS3 but still saw gains but I think he would see those gains with any quality driver that accounts for his current swing speed.

I'm 61 and the TS2 worked best for me. Shaft that worked best with the NV 2KNV Orange. Gained about 10 yards over current Ping G set up. Is it worth the 500 bucks for 10 yards? Not sure about that. For my 14 year old son, he fit best into a TS3. Got his total distance up from 265 with his Epic set up to about 290. A note on this though. His Epic was fit in March. His swing speed then was about 90 with a driver. He's now about 103-104 and he grew 5 inches. What happened with his Epic is he outgrew the shaft (Synergy 60 S) and loft (10.5*). He has not been properly fitted for the TS3 but still saw gains but I think he would see those gains with any quality driver that accounts for his current swing speed.

Did you hit that shaft at an outdoor fitting? What shaft in the G driver?

Yes it was an outdoor fitting. My G has a Tensei Blue 60 S shaft in it. For some reason, in the last year, my launch has lowered and my spin. Not sure why. I still hit it hard but I'll be damned as to why I am now hitting it lower. I haven't really changed my swing just worked on things from Monte's video Drive For Show which I assure you didn't cause this change.

Yes it was an outdoor fitting. My G has a Tensei Blue 60 S shaft in it. For some reason, in the last year, my launch has lowered and my spin. Not sure why. I still hit it hard but I'll be damned as to why I am now hitting it lower. I haven't really changed my swing just worked on things from Monte's video Drive For Show which I assure you didn't cause this change.

Just hit TS2/tensei combo vs current jpx900....as expected jpx900 spun far more and went shorter than ts2.....feel and accuracy was very similar...

I want to confirm shaft choices however

Okay, if anybody remembers some of the posts I've made, I'm not a huge proponent of new driver tech. I've gone off about how it's all marketing BS and since they've maxed out the driver, a guy should play what he likes the look and feel of because it doesn't make any difference between drivers. The fact that I've compared the 910 to all the Titleist drivers since, and the 910 actually produced the longest tee shot in 2 different fittings (it beat the 913 and 917) was pretty solid empirical evidence that new drivers were pretty much just hype. Even Crossfield got his regular carry in his review and he's sponsored by them now (#262)

That said....

I went and hit TS3 last night and I was absolutely blown away. With the same shaft, the TS3 carried 14 yards further, than my 915, 22 yards further total distance. How is this possible? I was fitted by a very reputable fitter for that 915 and since I bought it, I've hit M1, M2, M3,M4, EPIC. Rogue, G400,LST/MAX, 917, F8+, ST180 and probably a couple more. And every one of them were within a few yards of each other on the same sim. I was doing a pretty good job at finding the middle of the face with both clubs and the TS3 would just not fall out of the sky.

I'm actually suspicious to the point that I didn't order one and I'm going to do another side by side with a few of the other new offerings because those results just don't jive. I saw it first hand, but just can't believe that it's on the level.

You ask how it happens but these are the only numbers you give us ? :cheesy:

Since your SS probably didn't change much one must guess your launch went UP and your spin went DOWN.

Otherwise. :dntknw:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I went to a Titleist Thursday event today and my results were really good. I’ll start by saying I'm not properly fit for my current setups, but I put a Motore TS 7.2 in my 917 D3 S driver and the same shaft in my 915 F 16.5 but in Xstiff. Not sure if they’re ideal, but the performance on the course has been good. I’ve recently noticed that the weight and flex has been a little to much for me because I’m getting older and only get to play once a month.

This was only a 45 minute fitting, so I don’t have all the numbers. We were on a range with Trackman and ProV1X balls. I’m going off of memory and what the fitter was telling me after each hit.

We started with my 917 D3 Motore 7.2 TS and hit about 5 balls. Averaged around 145 mph BS and carry around 245 yds. I noticed that I have been losing disctance over the years and I use to be around 162 BS back in 2011/2012.

I tried the drivers a few times in the store and preferred the HZRDUS Smoke, so we only went with that shaft. The fitter put together the TS2 9.5 Smoke 60 45” combo and I hit a few. After a couple swings, he said “I’ve never seen this before”. My ball speed went up to 159 mph. We tried a few different settings and even the TS3. He even put together a TS2 8.5 and I got good numbers, but I really had to work at it. The TS2 9.5 Smoke was just easy to hit and consistent. From what I can remember the number averages were.

SS- 109 mph

Launch- 12.5*

Spin- 2,300 rpms

BS- 159 mph

Carry- 265 yds

Distance 275/280 yds.

I had couple that went 290 yds, but those were either ripped or low spin runners.

Next we went to fairway woods and I’ve played 16.5/17 degree fairway woods because I have a steep angle of attack and always had trouble elevating from the turf. We started with my 915 F Motore TS 7.2 XS. I was around 225 carry, but it was high launch.

We started with the TS3 15* Smoke 70 S and it was good, but he wanted to try the TS2 13.5 Smoke 70 S. This it where it got interesting, because I was hitting this off the tee at 245 yds carry and 260 total yds. I told him I would use it primarily as a tee club, but I hit some off the deck and it was easy to elevate and I was getting similar numbers as off the tee. Final number averages were 245 carry and 260 yds total.

Next we went to the TS 2 16.5 and 18 fairways. The T2 16.5* Smoke 70 S was around 235 carry and the 18* was around 215 carry, so we decided on the following. Moving the 16.5* to 17* to fills the gaps.

Needless to say, I’m ordering the following:

TS 2 9.5 Smoke 60 44.5

TS 13.5 Smoke 70

TS 16.5 Smoke 70

I went to a Titleist Thursday event today and my results were really good. I’ll start by saying I'm not properly fit for my current setups, but I put a Motore TS 7.2 in my 917 D3 S driver and the same shaft in my 915 F 16.5 but in Xstiff. Not sure if they’re ideal, but the performance on the course has been good. I’ve recently noticed that the weight and flex has been a little to much for me because I’m getting older and only get to play once a month.

This was only a 45 minute fitting, so I don’t have all the numbers. We were on a range with Trackman and ProV1X balls. I’m going off of memory and what the fitter was telling me after each hit.

We started with my 917 D3 Motore 7.2 TS and hit about 5 balls. Averaged around 145 mph BS and carry around 245 yds. I noticed that I have been losing disctance over the years and I use to be around 162 BS back in 2011/2012.

I tried the drivers a few times in the store and preferred the HZRDUS Smoke, so we only went with that shaft. The fitter put together the TS2 9.5 Smoke 60 45” combo and I hit a few. After a couple swings, he said “I’ve never seen this before”. My ball speed went up to 159 mph. We tried a few different settings and even the TS3. He even put together a TS2 8.5 and I got good numbers, but I really had to work at it. The TS2 9.5 Smoke was just easy to hit and consistent. From what I can remember the number averages were.

SS- 109 mph

Launch- 12.5*

Spin- 2,300 rpms

BS- 159 mph

Carry- 265 yds

Distance 275/280 yds.

I had couple that went 290 yds, but those were either ripped or low spin runners.

Next we went to fairway woods and I’ve played 16.5/17 degree fairway woods because I have a steep angle of attack and always had trouble elevating from the turf. We started with my 915 F Motore TS 7.2 XS. I was around 225 carry, but it was high launch.

We started with the TS3 15* Smoke 70 S and it was good, but he wanted to try the TS2 13.5 Smoke 70 S. This it where it got interesting, because I was hitting this off the tee at 245 yds carry and 260 total yds. I told him I would use it primarily as a tee club, but I hit some off the deck and it was easy to elevate and I was getting similar numbers as off the tee. Final number averages were 245 carry and 260 yds total.

Next we went to the TS 2 16.5 and 18 fairways. The T2 16.5* Smoke 70 S was around 235 carry and the 18* was around 215 carry, so we decided on the following. Moving the 16.5* to 17* to fills the gaps.

TS 2 9.5 Smoke 60 44.5

TS 13.5 Smoke 70

TS 16.5 Smoke 70

Awesome to hear/read! Was this the 100 buck that gets credited to your purchase?

SS- 109 mph

Launch- 12.5*

Spin- 2,300 rpms

BS- 159 mph

Carry- 265 yds

Distance 275/280 yds.

TS 2 9.5 Smoke 60 44.5

TS 13.5 Smoke 70

TS 16.5 Smoke 70

So, if your swing speed stayed the same between old and new drivers, your smash went up from about 1.33 to about 1.45? Did they feel like better strikes?

56, 95-98mph I have a TS3 9.5 but I’ve been using

a Diamana Kai Li Reg. I had from a 917.

I hit this really well, SUPER straight and occasionally long.

straightest driver I’ve had since the R7 days....

TM SIM Max 9* Tensei Orange 60
Titleist TS2 16.5 Motore X 75
Ping g400 20.5 DVS 85
Titleist 818H1 23* Diamana 90

Ping i500 5-7, iBlade 8-Pw 
Ping Glide 53, 58, Callaway 64*
Kevin Burns “Icemakr” custom
Stage IV MELANOMA SURVIVOR
“kids wear your sunscreen !!"

OG wrxer (check my member #)

56, 95-98mph I have a TS3 9.5 but I’ve been using

a Diamana Kai Li Reg. I had from a 917.

I hit this really well, SUPER straight and occasionally long.

straightest driver I’ve had since the R7 days....

Awesome to hear.....I've turned my eye towards TS3 .....really would love to hit it outside....