2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Most Played-Out Complaints on GolfWRX

DRRicks

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but please don't move it, I hate it when my crap gets moved. My day started out great. I was all excited to get the new GAPR low. To my dread I drive all the way to the outlet store only to find out it does not come in LH, what a joke. While I am there though I hear this sound, it is a sound you hear before something terrible happens. I push a few mannequins over as I run for the bathroom. My pants coming down, sitting and relieving all happened simultaneously. I don't know what I ate but there was no amount of monkey butt that was going to help. The worst though was this guy in the next stall talking to his buddy about what his budget is for golf equipment this year. Infuriating.

Anyways, I get myself and the stall cleaned up and head for the course. I am playing to a 25 and always play the tips. Just as I was about to tee off this guy comes up and wants to join. No sooner I say yes that I look down and see the sum of all fears...a bluetooth speaker in his cart. We both hit decent drives (I must have miss hit mine a little off because on this 450 yard par 4 I am usually only 50 out). Worst part is though that I am in the rough because the superintendent thinks 40 yard fairways are a good idea...idiot. So of course I don't have the right wedge for this distance and end up hitting a punch 7 iron. Now normally that shot has15,000 rpms of backspin but for some reason it did not check and it bounced straight off the back of the green. I want to sell my current wedge to fix this problem but every friggin time I post it for sale, the mods on golfwrx delete my post. So I finish up with bogey, while listening to celine dion, only to look over to the second tee box and see not one, not two, not three but FOUR people on it teeing off. I knew at this point I was going to be in for a long day.

So after what seemed like an eternity, our tiny fairway is clear for me to tee off. Now I have been swinging my green shaft Super Speed at a whopping 110 so I look over at this music playing hippee, pull out my 90 compression ball and say "watch this". I hit a perfect ball a good 400 out there right on the green. Well we drive up and cant find it. My only guess is because the green had all these holes and a bunch of sand it deflected off and who knows where it went. I take an eagle and we move onto the next hole.

Par 3-I can't take anymore titanic music. I shank it into the greenside bunker. This bunker looks like it has not been raked since reagan was in office. I am livid (as I should be, I mean pro's have perfect bunkers) and thin it out of bounds. I am not counting that so I rake it properly and set my ball down and hit the perfect sand shot right at the hole. I know its going in, its a freaking amazing shot. Well 4' before it gets to the hole it hits this guys ball marker. It looks like the cap from a milk jug. This is not going to be my day.

Out of frustration I ask this guy what his handicap is and he says a 20. He gives me 5 for the remainder of the round. Sure I was a little off but there was NO WAY this guy was a 20. He beat me. I lost my Ping Replica PXG driving iron to him because he sand bagged me.

So my question is, I got $200 worth of store credit, what clubs do you think I should buy?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but please don't move it, I hate it when my crap gets moved. My day started out great. I was all excited to get the new GAPR low. To my dread I drive all the way to the outlet store only to find out it does not come in LH, what a joke. While I am there though I hear this sound, it is a sound you hear before something terrible happens. I push a few mannequins over as I run for the bathroom. My pants coming down, sitting and relieving all happened simultaneously. I don't know what I ate but there was no amount of monkey butt that was going to help. The worst though was this guy in the next stall talking to his buddy about what his budget is for golf equipment this year. Infuriating.

Anyways, I get myself and the stall cleaned up and head for the course. I am playing to a 25 and always play the tips. Just as I was about to tee off this guy comes up and wants to join. No sooner I say yes that I look down and see the sum of all fears...a bluetooth speaker in his cart. We both hit decent drives (I must have miss hit mine a little off because on this 450 yard par 4 I am usually only 50 out). Worst part is though that I am in the rough because the superintendent thinks 40 yard fairways are a good idea...idiot. So of course I don't have the right wedge for this distance and end up hitting a punch 7 iron. Now normally that shot has15,000 rpms of backspin but for some reason it did not check and it bounced straight off the back of the green. I want to sell my current wedge to fix this problem but every friggin time I post it for sale, the mods on golfwrx delete my post. So I finish up with bogey, while listening to celine dion, only to look over to the second tee box and see not one, not two, not three but FOUR people on it teeing off. I knew at this point I was going to be in for a long day.

So after what seemed like an eternity, our tiny fairway is clear for me to tee off. Now I have been swinging my green shaft Super Speed at a whopping 110 so I look over at this music playing hippee, pull out my 90 compression ball and say "watch this". I hit a perfect ball a good 400 out there right on the green. Well we drive up and cant find it. My only guess is because the green had all these holes and a bunch of sand it deflected off and who knows where it went. I take an eagle and we move onto the next hole.

Par 3-I can't take anymore titanic music. I shank it into the greenside bunker. This bunker looks like it has not been raked since reagan was in office. I am livid (as I should be, I mean pro's have perfect bunkers) and thin it out of bounds. I am not counting that so I rake it properly and set my ball down and hit the perfect sand shot right at the hole. I know its going in, its a freaking amazing shot. Well 4' before it gets to the hole it hits this guys ball marker. It looks like the cap from a milk jug. This is not going to be my day.

Out of frustration I ask this guy what his handicap is and he says a 20. He gives me 5 for the remainder of the round. Sure I was a little off but there was NO WAY this guy was a 20. He beat me. I lost my Ping Replica PXG driving iron to him because he sand bagged me.

So my question is, I got $200 worth of store credit, what clubs do you think I should buy?

The site can now be closed down because you've condensed everything into 6 paragraphs, Well done Sir.

“I think some people use too many words in their posts.”

To that end……………………

I rarely read any posts with more than two paragraphs but I made an exception for this masterpiece. This post opened my eyes. It evoked emotions I haven’t felt since the birth of my once-removed cousin’s third child with his second wife who I briefly dated in high school. This post helped me to understand why people paid to see “Titanic” two or more times. This post brought clarity to the hours of college discussion about two lines of a Shakespeare poem. After finishing this post I understood “absolute zero.” I finally came to terms with the differences between cement and concrete. I no longer feel that Dorito ads and skateboards are intimidating. I actually think Dennis Miller may have once said something worth a laugh. I am now able to tell my forum friends that I drive it around 240-250 and not 320. It is now clear to me why drinking milk from the thing is not good. I feel like buying a pair of sandals and wearing them confidently with dark socks. This post changed my life.

Thank you Rich S. from Wisconsin.

To that end……………………

I rarely read any posts with more than two paragraphs but I made an exception for this masterpiece. This post opened my eyes. It evoked emotions I haven’t felt since the birth of my once-removed cousin’s third child with his second wife who I briefly dated in high school. This post helped me to understand why people paid to see “Titanic” two or more times. This post brought clarity to the hours of college discussion about two lines of a Shakespeare poem. After finishing this post I understood “absolute zero.” I finally came to terms with the differences between cement and concrete. I no longer feel that Dorito ads and skateboards are intimidating. I actually think Dennis Miller may have once said something worth a laugh. I am now able to tell my forum friends that I drive it around 240-250 and not 320. It is now clear to me why drinking milk from the thing is not good. I feel like buying a pair of sandals and wearing them confidently with dark socks. This post changed my life.

How do you feel about Phil?

What complaints are just plain overdone?

For me it’s the barrage of, “Does it come in LH?” complaints on every new release thread.

What are your’s? Let’s keep this light....

Well does it?

Those who complain about left handers complaining about left handed options not being available......

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

What complaints are just plain overdone?

For me it’s the barrage of, “Does it come in LH?” complaints on every new release thread.

What are your’s? Let’s keep this light....

Well does it?

Those who complain about left handers complaining about left handed options not being available......

Original!

Use the search function.

That's not advice, that's the complaint that's most overdone 'round here.

I've said that a few times but now I've stopped responding at all when people are too lazy to try to help themselves.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

No way I could play those, way too much offset.

Exactly! And they “cause” me to hook the crap out of them! Classic!!

PING
G425 LST 10.5* Alta CB Slate 55S

G430 Max 3W Alta CB Slate 65S

G410 2H, 3H Alta CB Red 70S

Glide 2.0 ES 54,60 AWT wedge S (blackout)

Vault Anser 2 Slate

Callaway 

Apex Pro Combo ‘19 5-A Steelfiber i95S

Titleist

ProV1 (2021) Yellow / White

Strong loft complaints come to mind.

And complaints that spring face irons cause fliers that go 10+ yards beyond target.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Strong loft complaints come to mind.

And complaints that spring face irons cause fliers that go 10+ yards beyond target.

Omg yes. The Flyers one her was prevalent for a while. Less lately

But it was like , guys would complain that with the same swing one shot went 150yds and the next one 190. And would swear it was all the clubs fault

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

the complaints about high handicappers being...high handicappers...while lamenting about the decline of golf.

and...

the anti-shortened drivers crowd. again, everyone encourages custom fitting...but get all bent out of shape about ppl playing non-off the shelf length driver shafts.

and...

"i'm a high handicapper, tend to push my irons to the right with my heel/toe strikes, but can't stand the look of offset on my tiny blades...so please recommend a GI iron without offset"...

The multiple new topic posts started about the exact same PGA situation that happened the day before, here's a fake example:

Tour Talk

1. Did Reed Fart on Camera?

2 Reed: Did Anyone Else Hear It Too?

3. Patrick Passes Gasses

General Golf Talk

1. Reed - Keep it Together (first sentence of post then reads) "Mods, you may want to move this if it is not in the right forum."

Finally later:

Reed Fart ---> Merged (will they never learn?)

To that end……………………

How do you feel about Phil?

His on course actions represent a lampoon of tour golf.

Me complaining about about spectators wearing golf shoes at PGA events has to be a played out complaint, but I still stand by opinion that there is simply no reason to be decked out in full attire while watching a golf event. Did i just complain in a "most played out complaint thread?" Mind Blown

TM SIM2 Stock Ventus

TM SIM2 MAX Rocket Oban Devotion
Callaway Rogue 17 Degree Project X Even Flow Blue
Titleist TS2 21 Degree Tensei Blue
Titleist T300 5-GW Nippon 950GH
Vokey SM6 54 + 58 KBS C Taper
Odyssey EXO 7s
Vice Pro Plus / Kirkland Signature

LOL a thread complaining about what people complain about...

Thank goodness the eternal PGA TOUR off-season has finally ended so we can focus on golf again.

Speaking of which, I can't believe no one has posted about the FedEx Cup complaints. As if it was better when the top-50 only played until mid-August and then shut it down.

Quite possibly the most poignant piece of literature ever written on this entire website. :taunt:

Down payment on a PXG driving iron.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Johnny Miller is the spawn of satan

Jim Nantz should be drawn and quartered

Gary McCord made me gouge out my ear drums

David Feherty is the most annoying human on earth

Dan Hicks should be shot

Joe Buck should never be allowed on TV again

Peter Kostis knows nothing about a golf swing

Every single British broadcaster that ever lived is 100x better than any American broadcaster that was ever allow to talk in a mic.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly