Beware East Coast Golf

mulliganman30

Not sure if this is the proper forum or not, but wanted to give a heads up to my fellow WRX's. Ordered a Rogue Driver from them during the last Ebay 15% off. Got the club money and checked the serial number and it does not match what I ordered. Just a heads up that you may want to add this seller to your do not buy from list.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the question, counterfeit. Got the driver Monday and first thing I did was call Callaway like I would with any company to verify with the serial number. The serial number is 11 digits long. I was having trouble determining if the 6th digit was a 9 or an S. Checked both. The 9 brings up a left handed Rogue driver. The S brings up nothing.

I'm a little surprised because they did offer 30 day returns so I didn't think there would be an issue and they had 100% feedback.

https://www.ebay.com...872.m2749.l2754

This was the driver listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CALLAWAY-ROGUE-2018-DRIVER-9-DEGREE-GRAPHITE-EVENFLO-65G-6-0-STIFF-W-COVER/173544017840?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I initiated the return and put in the information being counterfeit and told them the serial number. To this point, the seller hasn't responded. Ebay has already said they will refund me come Friday if the seller hasn't already. I just didn't want anyone else to fall victim.

Edit: Looks like they must have accepted the return but didn't respond to my message because I have a return shipping label.

Here is additional contact information for the seller in case the userid account gets closed and reopened under another name:

Mods feel free to delete this personal information if not appropriate. I'm just trying to post as much information that will potentially helpers others avoid moving forward.

Wait, you call and check the serial number on every club you buy? Sheesh, ain’t nobody got time for that.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

OP - So you believe an eBay seller of 10 years, 100% feedback rating is now selling counterfeit Rogue drivers?

I knew there would be someone jump in with some stupid comments but yes if the serial number on the club does not match what Callaway has what would you have us believe? And before you ask, I wanted the club to check out because it was a good deal.

Wait, you call and check the serial number on every club you buy? Sheesh, ain’t nobody got time for that.

I should have clarified. Just on Ebay purchases.

Forward the eBay seller information to Callaway if you haven't already done so.

I hadn't done so or thought of that. Is there any particular department I need to try to get to if I call in to share that information.

To report a suspected counterfeit product, please email us at [email protected] and include the following information:

• Seller’s name and contact info (including URL);
  • Description of products purchased or offered for sale; and
  • Evidence suggesting that the products are counterfeit.

Callaway Golf cannot reimburse you for, or repair, counterfeit product, but it is actively involved in enforcement efforts against counterfeiters around the globe, and any information about counterfeit product that you can provide will help our efforts. To learn more about Callaway Golf’s efforts to fight counterfeiters and to protect consumers from counterfeit products, please visit www.KeepGolfReal.com.

Report back when the driver is determined to be legitimate. Call Callaway again regarding the serial # and substitute "5" in place of the "9" or "S"

Just did and nothing. The only thing that pulls up anything is with the "S" in that 6th position. And what that pulls up is a 9 degree LEFT HANDED standard Rogue head.

Has anyone seen a counterfeit rogue head though?!?

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I feel like you should send somebody here the serial number and have them check what you think it is...

How do you confuse a 9 and an S?

There is nothing for me to benefit by making something up here. As to why its hard to read, its the combination of the color of the serial number on the background of the head plus plastic wrinkles covering that portion of the number. If anyone wants to volunteer to call, pm me and I will gladly send you the serial number. But, I'm not calling anymore because I've called three times already hoping each time it would get verified. For the record, my initial thought was that I had to be reading it wrong and that it surely was authentic which is why I made a second call. The third call was for "snapier" and asking about the 5.

One of posts 4 or 12 I typed was done so incorrectly. At this point after all the calls, I can't remember which. One of a "9" or "S" brings up a LEFT HANDED Rogue driver in 9 degrees (the one I ordered was a 9 degree RIGHT HANDED) the other number brings up nothing (just like the 5).

To me, I thought it was weird the seller never responded when I submitting the return adding that I suspected it was a counterfeit. If I had sold a club and received a message like that and I knew I only sold authentics I would have responded. I did not get a message response from the seller.

I'm not implying that you're making anything up, its just an odd combo. 5 and S sure.. but 9 and S?? PM me the serial and I'll tell you what I see.

I'm trying not to take the questioning personal. I second guessed myself on this too. I even had my spouse look at the number and she couldn't tell for sure either and I was trying to avoid destroying the plastic on the head for the seller. I will state again for the record that I absolutely wanted the club to check out and still would. I would be thrilled with a Rogue for $340....

I'm not implying that you're making anything up, its just an odd combo. 5 and S sure.. but 9 and S?? PM me the serial and I'll tell you what I see.

So you want me to pm you a picture of the serial number instead of just tell you the number? If so, I will try when I get home this evening. I'll have to unpackage it because I have it packaged back up to send back.

Don't you think its odd the seller didn't send any kind of a verbal response to the return? You have to enter a reason and I put suspected counterfeit and gave the serial number.

So you want me to pm you a picture of the serial number instead of just tell you the number? If so, I will try when I get home this evening. I'll have to unpackage it because I have it packaged back up to send back.

Don't you think its odd the seller didn't send any kind of a verbal response to the return? You have to enter a reason and I put suspected counterfeit and gave the serial number.

Not really. The better, professional sellers accept returns with no questions asked. Dealing with wacked out buyers is not worth the hassle.

I already showed this to celeras but he’s not calling. So, here’s your chance. Go ahead and show what a wacked out buyer I am snapier

I did not specifically call you out as a whacked out buyer. You did that on your own but you’re probably correct doing so.

Tone and intent is sometimes difficult to determine on a forum. You already insinuated I had made a mistake in post 11 when u said to report back when the driver was deemed to be “legitimate.” So its fair to assume your comment about whacked out buyer was directed at me.

Support your greengrass golf shop/local golf pro. Save money on other stuff, and stay off of FLEA-Bay :russian_roulette:

Like some others on here when Ebay runs their 15-20 percent coupons I bite sometimes. Especially if it’s a chance to save money on a brand or club that’s not usually available at a price like it is during one of these promos. But, I typically buy elsewhere most of the time.

Unless someone calls in and gets a completely different story on the serial number, it’s probably time to have the thread closed. The serial number doesn’t check out and my posting to help other forum members avoid a seller who sold this club turned into a thread where I was discredited by a few select users from the beginning and seemingly referred to as being neurotic from checking on the serial number and a whacked out buyer.

This is why I even hesitated starting the thread even after i was becoming more confident there was an issue with the club.

Your posting does lean to “trollish” or maybe you have an axe to grind with ECG? My impressions, FWIW.

If it comes off that way, it’s not the intent. I’m just a little tired of feeling like I’m being personally attacked when the whole point of me posting was to prevent others from falling victim.

There’s no axe to even try to grind if the serial number checked out. I would be unable to say anything since the whole post was predicated around the serial number. Even celeras admitted in pm how it was difficult to read the number or letter in that 6th position.

Your posting does lean to trollish or maybe you have an axe to grind with ECG? My impressions, FWIW.

If it comes off that way, its not the intent. Im just a little tired of feeling like Im being personally attacked when the whole point of me posting was to prevent others from falling victim.

Theres no axe to even try to grind if the serial number checked out. I would be unable to say anything since the whole post was predicated around the serial number. Even celeras admitted in pm how it was difficult to read the number or letter in that 6th position.

Maybe easier for some to criticize than realize they have counterfeit clubs as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

One thing I have learned from this thread, don't post experiences like this one and let everyone else get screwed on their own.

To me the OP was doing the right thing by letting the forum know what to look for or be aware of the company, but after reading some of the responses, who in their right mind would put themselves through this bullshtein?

To the OP, thank you and I'm sorry about your experience with this company.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”